PDA

View Full Version : Leeds sign ex-Chelsea striker Tore Andre Flo

summer
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
from bbc.co.uk

Leeds boss Dennis Wise has strengthened his attack with the signing of former Chelsea team-mate Tore Andre Flo.

The 33-year-old Norwegian striker was a free agent following a spell with Valerenga in Oslo and has signed until the end of the season. Flo scored 50 goals for Chelsea before spells with Rangers, Sunderland and Italian side Siena.

Barnet striker Tresor Kandol and Mozambique defender Armando Sa are also poised to join Leeds. Kandol, 25, joined Leeds in November in a loan move that was set to expire this month and is expected to agree a three-and-a-half year deal. Subject to international clearance, 32-year-old Sa will arrive from Spanish side Espanyol and will initially join the Championship club until the end of the season.

The 6ft 4ins Flo joined Chelsea in 1997, playing alongside Wise and his assistant at Leeds Gus Poyet during a three-year spell. He made more than 100 league appearances for the Blues, but nearly half came as a substitute. His 50 goals were enough to persuade Rangers to pay a club record £12m for the striker in 2000. However, after two seasons and 39 goals, he left for Sunderland, where he found the net six times in 33 appearances before heading to Italy.Damn, I used to love that guy when I used to like Chelsea, used to play in the Zola days. I think Leeds will stay up now, unfortuneately could be at Luton's expense }:

piddle2k6
03-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Yer that will be a good signing. I do also think luton will go down a league but im not sure about leeds

Antallica
03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Good signing, Infact terrific, He's a ex-chelsea player so he must be good, What was the club he was at before this?

Anyway top signing, Just needs to adjust to the side itself now then.
it'll be hard to settle in [back into english football]

DCeption
03-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Good signing, Infact terrific, He's a ex-chelsea player so he must be good, What was the club he was at before this?

Anyway top signing, Just needs to adjust to the side itself now then.
it'll be hard to settle in [back into english football]

Lol, he was in the days when chelsea werent brilliant, so it dosent make him brilliant. But he will be a good singing to them!

Leeds to go down! :P

gosling
03-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Wise and Poyet's connections might pay off then. I heard we were after him a while back but tbh I'm happy we didn't put a bid in for him. I reckon (and hope) he'll flop on his return to English football!

summer
03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
i think he'll do well, i think if he can get about 10 goals before the end of the season leeds could stay up.

Antallica
04-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Tw'as a wise signing ;)

:Hazel
04-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Thats a great signing for them.

Jordie
04-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah We'll See If Hes Eny Gd In The Championship
Dnt Be So Sure...

piddle2k6
04-01-2007, 04:35 PM
He may not have the fitness but he can still read the game and pull off clever passes. Unfortunately his fellow team-mates may not be expecting such "clever" passes so i dunno its about the team aswell as him. Look what happened when west ham got tevez. The players (especially strikers) all got really bad morale because they though he was replacing them. All the articles were about him and mascharano (soz bout spelling) and there odds of winning uefa cup went up lots! This made the players think that they were "rubbish" and basically it made west ham go down from mid table to where they are now

gosling
04-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Tw'as a wise signing ;)Nice one

He may not have the fitness but he can still read the game and pull off clever passes. Unfortunately his fellow team-mates may not be expecting such "clever" passes so i dunno its about the team aswell as him. Look what happened when west ham got tevez. The players (especially strikers) all got really bad morale because they though he was replacing them. All the articles were about him and mascharano (soz bout spelling) and there odds of winning uefa cup went up lots! This made the players think that they were "rubbish" and basically it made west ham go down from mid table to where they are nowFlo to do a 'Tevez'? We can hope and pray! I'm sure most fans of other clubs in this country would love to see Leeds going down and I'm sure the likes of you would relish the chance of playing them next season. Fingers crossed. :badgrin:

piddle2k6
04-01-2007, 04:49 PM
It would be funny to play them buit last time we played at ours on a bank holiday monday there fans smashed up our town so they dont have a great reputation down here. Infact one of our songs is WE HATE LEEDS. LOL so yer would be funny but i would u know be kind of worried. Especially as a member of my family lioves really near the stadium above one fo the shops

gosling
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
It would be funny to play them buit last time we played at ours on a bank holiday monday there fans smashed up our town so they dont have a great reputation down here. Infact one of our songs is WE HATE LEEDS. LOL so yer would be funny but i would u know be kind of worried. Especially as a member of my family lioves really near the stadium above one fo the shopsYeah, they do have a slightly bad reputation and that stretches even as far as the team, itself. After the play-off semi-final victory at Deepdale (against Preston) last season, their players vandalised the changing room, smashing up sinks etc. Childish behaviour, cocky fans, bad reputation. Watching their fall from grace is hilarious to say the least. I wouldn't be worried about them visiting, mate. Would be a good day out, pretty good crowd, and football matches are so well policed these days that it's a rarity for violence to break out. ;) And imagine the feeling of heckling their big-headed fans from the stands when you're winning! :P

piddle2k6
04-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Yer i know but films such as green street havent exactly helped 15 year old chavs thinking they're hard have they? Anyway im not sure we'll be there to play them next year.... After all we are going up and that :) Only joking but seriously we could be going down so yeah best not get too excited yet about winding up those leeds big-heads

gosling
04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Yer i know but films such as green street havent exactly helped 15 year old chavs thinking they're hard have they? Anyway im not sure we'll be there to play them next year.... After all we are going up and that :) Only joking but seriously we could be going down so yeah best not get too excited yet about winding up those leeds big-headsYeah, at away matches you always tend to find little 13-15 year olds giving it all the mouth. :lol: Anyway, I hope you do stay up to spark the downfall of London's scummiest. Brentford and Millwall deserve to be in the basement.

gosling
04-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Yer i know but films such as green street havent exactly helped 15 year old chavs thinking they're hard have they? Anyway im not sure we'll be there to play them next year.... After all we are going up and that :) Only joking but seriously we could be going down so yeah best not get too excited yet about winding up those leeds big-headsYeah, at away matches you always tend to find little 13-15 year olds giving it all the mouth. :lol: Anyway, I hope you do stay up to spark the downfall of London's scummiest. Brentford and Millwall deserve to be in the basement!

Jordie
04-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Especially After We Beat Them 5-1 At Kenilworth Lol That Shut Big Fat ****y Fans Up Lol :D

piddle2k6
04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Im not a great fan of luton but i wish i was there :D

gosling
04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Especially After We Beat Them 5-1 At Kenilworth Lol That Shut Big Fat ****y Fans Up Lol :DI remember that, haha. We scraped a 2-2 draw which we were very happy with at the time. Looking back, that's a bit of a dissapointment. Ah well, should be an exciting relegation battle this season and we're right in the thick of it! (not something I'm particularly proud of, mind you) Anyway, 2 days JordieBoy2k6 ;) Hope Langley's starting :badgrin:

Charles
05-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Looks like Poyet is bringing in his old team mates..

Tipped
05-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Well he WAS a good player... dont know about now though

Here's his career stats:

1993-1994 Sogndal - 44 Appearences 21 Goals
1995 Tromsø - 26 Appearances 18 Goals
1996-1997 Brann - 40 Appearences 28 Goals
1997-2000 Chelsea -112 Appearances 34 Goals
2000-2002 Rangers - 30 Appearances 18 Goals
2002-2003 Sunderland - 29 Apperances 4 Goals
2003-2005 Siena - 63 Appearances 13 Goals
2005-2006 Vålerenga - 10 Appearances 2 Goals

They Are Slowly going down... but who knows if he gets a few he could save Leeds

piddle2k6
05-01-2007, 05:27 PM
As i said in the earlier post hes like darren anderton he can make fantastic passes and that but the legs are gone and his pace and stamina have gone with it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!