PDA

View Full Version : Are You Into Urban Music?

Anti-Frizz
05-04-2005, 05:16 PM
The biggest urban music event in the UK this year - Urban Music Festival 2005 - is taking place at Earls Court, London on the 16th and 17th April.

Lining up at the festival are the widely acclaimed rapper and MTV host Xzibit as a host and will also be performing, he joins some of the biggest names in hip hop and RnB from the US including hip hop originators De La Soul, US soulstress Faith Evans, poetic rapper Common, multi-talented lyricist Jon B, 'Locked Up' star Akon and the Kings of Crunk, Lil Jon and The East Side Boyz who will be appearing both days.

The UK's shining line-up includes Craig David, Prince's Trust Ambassadors Estelle and Terri Walker, plus Jay Sean, Kano and many more!

The cream of US urban talent joins the UK's best.
Along with MCs, Bboys and DJs, interactive zones and workshops the Festival will once again be the UK's biggest annual celebration of urban culture.

Interested? Then go to www.umf.org.uk for some more info.

Seriously! Its gonna be great!

Luayminator
06-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Depends on what you clasify urban music as.

lauralol
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
She just has classified it.. telling us loads of different artists.
And I love Urban music, I wouldn't mind going to the festival :)

Anti-Frizz
06-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Im going... Sounds great and I really cant wait!! Theres gonna be loads to do and some great people are gonna be there! Woohoo!

lauralol
06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah it does sound really great! I'm into all the people performing there, but I never get round to going to any concerts :p

Anti-Frizz
06-04-2005, 04:22 PM
LMAO. I dont usually either. But I got a free ticket so Im gonna take advantage of it and the people who are gonna be there, Im really into. You should go!

lauralol
06-04-2005, 04:24 PM
:o How d'ya get free tickets?

Anti-Frizz
06-04-2005, 04:31 PM
A website ;)

jinxii
06-04-2005, 05:55 PM
I can't stand urban music...it's all very chavvy. The biggest music festivals of the year are things like Reading, V Festical (Virgin) and Glastonbury...not things like that. And they play alternative and rock music, not 'urban soundz'.

Anti-Frizz
17-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Urban Music Festival was yesterday and seriously great! The best performers had to be Will Smith, Xzibit, Craig David, Akon and Estelle. And it was soo cool coz I was standing right by the stage! Woo! Anyone watch it on Channel 4?

G-flow
18-04-2005, 08:38 AM
Some of that sounds okay.. Like Lil Jon :p

Fruitbox.
18-04-2005, 05:09 PM
:O I gotta go to that!!! i <3 Lil Jon :] .... "Leme hear ya say YEEAAAAHHHHHH!!" HeHe :]

Fruitbox.
18-04-2005, 05:13 PM
I can't stand urban music...it's all very chavvy. The biggest music festivals of the year are things like Reading, V Festical (Virgin) and Glastonbury...not things like that. And they play alternative and rock music, not 'urban soundz'.

How is it Chavvy?? Chavs mc'ing is what i find chavvy!! Alternative music is ok, i <3 the killers :]

*SunShine.Pink:
10-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Yah, I love the Killers too; =']
I dont live in the UK so Im not sure what to say about the Urban Music Festival thingy, But sounds cool; =D
I <33 music like RnB & Reggae =']

BlueTails
10-05-2005, 05:55 AM
Yeah I Like Urban

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!