PDA

View Full Version : Henrik Larrsson Debut Goal!

Nike
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Manchester United 2 - 1 Aston Villa!

United Goals : Henrik Larrsson + Ole Gunnar Solskjaer!

Aston Villa Goal : Milan Baros!

Match Report: Awesome performance from Man Utd, they had so many shots while Aston Villa had only 5. (i can only recall 2) One of their half chances of the game led to the goal so Man Utd must have felt really hard done by. What a great finish it was by Henrik Larrsson neatly set up by Wayne Rooney. After that the chances just kept coming until one time, Aston Villa broke and the ball fell for Milan Baros and he kept a cool head and slotted it into the bottom corner. Man Utd were gobsmacked. It wasn't until the 91st minute united finally got their goal from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, a lucky one at that, Giraly will remember this game forever, for the wrong reasons, it was his blunder that let in Solskjaer's shot. Good win for United and a terrific debut for Henrik Larrsson.

4th round draw on monday noon.

Hope you enjoyed my report.

Rate it please.

Thanks, Nike.

gosling
07-01-2007, 05:45 PM
I think your report fairly sums up the match. I could understand O'Neill's frustration about the 4 minutes of stoppage time, though. Had it gone to a replay, I reckon Villa would've won. I thought Larsson had a fantastic debut and you saw a few touches of genius - the neat flick ons, the clever passes - overall very impressed by him and I reckon he's gonna enjoy his brief spell at United.

Nike
07-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Yeah but they did score in the 91st so the 4 minutes didn't really affect it, though it might have gave United a boost. Yeah Larrsson was a touch of class. His flick ons etc were lethal.

gosling
07-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah but they did score in the 91st so the 4 minutes didn't really affect it, though it might have gave United a boost. Yeah Larrsson was a touch of class. His flick ons etc were lethal.Yeah, that's what I mean - it's odd but when you see 4 minutes of stoppage time, you're bound to get a boost. An example of this is when QPR were losing 3-2 to Norwich earlier in the season. 4 minutes was displayed on the board, a mighty roar went up and we went on to get the equaliser.

Today, Larsson proved he still has the ability to cut it at this level. What he was doing in the SPL for so long is beyond me. It'll be a shame when he returns to Sweden but I think he's gonna be a huge beneficial factor in United's race to win the title for the first time in 4 years.

SlayTheCurse
07-01-2007, 06:16 PM
:[ Damn.

gosling
07-01-2007, 06:26 PM

Chease
07-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Everything about Man U is crap.. So crap report.

F32
07-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Larrson did bugger all in the match, he *****ed up a one-on-one and from that moment he did nothing.

He got that goal because the ball came to his feet and he had a shot - it's nothing to be proud of because it was a tame shot that really - should've been defended/saved better.

Let's see if he's all hyped up to what other people think.

He needs to improve if he's to keep his place in the United strike-force.

gosling
07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Larrson did bugger all in the match, he *****ed up a one-on-one and from that moment he did nothing.

He got that goal because the ball came to his feet and he had a shot - it's nothing to be proud of because it was a tame shot that really - should've been defended/saved better.

Let's see if he's all hyped up to what other people think.

He needs to improve if he's to keep his place in the United strike-force.Were you watching the same game!? The link up play between him, Ronaldo and Rooney was superb. A fine display by the Swede.
Give him a few more weeks to adjust to the United set up and he'll be causing defenders all kinds of problems. Did you see the one-two where Larsson flicked the ball towards Rooney who just didn't make the most of it. All in all, a terrific display capped by a goal.

F32
07-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Were you watching the same game!? The link up play between him, Ronaldo and Rooney was superb. A fine display by the Swede.
Give him a few more weeks to adjust to the United set up and he'll be causing defenders all kinds of problems. Did you see the one-two where Larsson flicked the ball towards Rooney who just didn't make the most of it. All in all, a terrific display capped by a goal.
You're a Manchester Utd Fan therefore you are naturally going to think that.

He scored, it wasn;t the best of goals and it wasn't a 'terrific' display, it was mediocre - the best player by far was Ronaldo again - and he wasn't great.

gosling
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM
You're a Manchester Utd Fan therefore you are naturally going to think that.

He scored, it wasn;t the best of goals and it wasn't a 'terrific' display, it was mediocre - the best player by far was Ronaldo again - and he wasn't great.I'm in hysterics at that. The very fact that you can call Larsson's performance mediocre is laughable. Okay, so whether he was the best player on the pitch is debatable but believe me son, he was far from mediocre.

I don't know what to say about you first statement. I'm QPR through and through, as I'm sure most people would gather from my signature. The reason I want Man Utd to do well this season is based solely on the fact that I don't want Chelsea to pick up any silverware. I'm actually rather insulted. Rangers 'til I die. :]

:Hazel
08-01-2007, 10:02 AM
I didn't see the game but heard Manu got a late goal. Not surprised about the result, I think Manu will be big contenders for the FA cup this season.

Darts
08-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Through my eyes Manchester United deserved the win over Aston Villa, but fair does to Aston Villa for pushing Man Utd all the way and failing to give up.

My MoM had to be Wayne Rooney (Man Utd). Okay so he didn't score but he played brilliantly well and created many chances for Larsson, and visa versa. Rooney is playing as a more attacking midfeilder at the moment in a sense of his creating chances ability. He and Larsson are very alike in the way that they play as they think about setting up others and playing neat touches into one another to get the better of their opposition and score goals. Wayne Rooney is having a quiet patch with the press and everything at the moment seeing as he's kept his head down and just done the job well, even though he hasn't scored.

Henrik Larsson had a great debut and i'm sure he won't fail to impress in the future for United either. The way he faintly flicks the ball on or gives a little tap to send the ball over a defender is brilliant, this was reflected in his goal. As I said earlier, he and Rooney are very alike in the way they play, but Larsson got the goal against Villa instead of Rooney which must be a great feeling to have on your Man Utd debut, 35 years old or not!! I loved his little skill where he kicked it twice then flicked it over his head and kicked it from behind without looking straight to another Man Utd player, intentionally.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer...what can I say HE'S BRILLIANT! He must be the only player in the world who can come on as a substitute and score right at the last, and he does it on a relatively consistent basis...afterall, he isn't called the 'Super Sub' for nothing! So, he comes on and scores the winner in the 92nd minute and basically shrugs his shoulders and says 'Ok so that's good enough'. If that was Ronaldo i'm sure he would of made the most of it.;)

Aston Villa also played very well as they never seemed to give up and were like a pack of pitbulls (especially Agbonlahor...what a name for an English person:P ), and the Baros goal wrapped up their effort and fair does to them as they fully deserved it. At the end of the day the win went to the team who were so dominant and deserved it - Man United all the way!

gosling
08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Through my eyes Manchester United deserved the win over Aston Villa, but fair does to Aston Villa for pushing Man Utd all the way and failing to give up.

My MoM had to be Wayne Rooney (Man Utd). Okay so he didn't score but he played brilliantly well and created many chances for Larsson, and visa versa. Rooney is playing as a more attacking midfeilder at the moment in a sense of his creating chances ability. He and Larsson are very alike in the way that they play as they think about setting up others and playing neat touches into one another to get the better of their opposition and score goals. Wayne Rooney is having a quiet patch with the press and everything at the moment seeing as he's kept his head down and just done the job well, even though he hasn't scored.

Henrik Larsson had a great debut and i'm sure he won't fail to impress in the future for United either. The way he faintly flicks the ball on or gives a little tap to send the ball over a defender is brilliant, this was reflected in his goal. As I said earlier, he and Rooney are very alike in the way they play, but Larsson got the goal against Villa instead of Rooney which must be a great feeling to have on your Man Utd debut, 35 years old or not!! I loved his little skill where he kicked it twice then flicked it over his head and kicked it from behind without looking straight to another Man Utd player, intentionally.

Ole Gunner Solskjaer...what can I say HE'S BRILLIANT! He must be the only player in the world who can come on as a substitute and score right at the last, and he does it on a relatively consistent basis...afterall, he isn't called the 'Super Sub' for nothing! So, he comes on and scores the winner in the 92nd minute and basically shrugs his shoulders and says 'Ok so that's good enough'. If that was Ronaldo i'm sure he would of made the most of it.;)

Aston Villa also played very well as they never seemed to give up and were like a pack of pitbulls (especially Agbonlahor...what a name for an English person:P ), and the Baros goal wrapped up their effort and fair does to them as they fully deserved it. At the end of the day the win went to the team who were so dominant and deserved it - Man United all the way!Well said mate, agreed about Agbonlahor - there was one moment of magic where he almost had Fletcher on the floor! But his pace and ability just wasn't enough on the day. United are gonna be pretty hard to beat and Pompey won't know what's hit 'em when they head for Old Trafford. If Arsenal fail to beat Bolton, whether a replay is necessary or not, the cup's United's for the taking. I can't even see Chelsea stopping them at this rate.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!