PDA

View Full Version : Postponed! I'm getting sick and tired of Luton :@

gosling
16-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Pitch inspection at 19:00 - waterlogged pitch at Kenilworth Road. It means Lee Cook will be suspended for the league match against Southampton on Saturday. Reason to hate them more! 4 times we'll have played 'em this season and this replay being called off means a pointless trip to the dump and back for the players and fans alike. Lucky we didn't go in the end! Bring on next Tuesday... :rolleyes: :@

Grainger@CUFC
16-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Pitch inspection at 19:00 - waterlogged pitch at Kenilworth Road. It means Lee Cook will be suspended for the league match against Southampton on Saturday. Reason to hate them more! 4 times we'll have played 'em this season and this replay being called off means a pointless trip to the dump and back for the players and fans alike. Lucky we didn't go in the end! Bring on next Tuesday... :rolleyes: :@

LOL that's just plain unlucky. Although Luton should at least do something to try and aid the pitch. I think playing a team 4 times is just pure coincidence, I mean look at Aston Villa and Man U they've played each other 3 times in less than a month. A few seasons ago Arsenal played Middlesbrough about 4 times in two weeks or something weird like that :s. Downer about Cook as well, could have done with him back for a game like Southampton.

cocaine
16-01-2007, 08:15 PM
luton, tut tut.

arent all pitches meant to be curved or w/e so the rainwater washes to the side?

benjamin
16-01-2007, 08:16 PM
luton, tut tut.

arent all pitches meant to be curved or w/e so the rainwater washes to the side?

Get real, its luton?

brandon
16-01-2007, 08:16 PM
We have pitch heating so we don't get this problem :8

Grainger@CUFC
16-01-2007, 08:17 PM
luton, tut tut.

Carlisle's pitch is totally flat. We just got a brand new one last summer and apparently they used lasers and hi-tech stuff like that so it was flat all over.

Anyway, I think all pitches should at least have a decent drainage system or under-pitch heating if they can afford it :P.

gosling
16-01-2007, 08:36 PM
luton, tut tut.

arent all pitches meant to be curved or w/e so the rainwater washes to the side?Yeah, I think the slight curve that's sometime noticeable from the side is for drainage...obviously Luton don't quite have the best facilities avaliable! Yeah Grainge, it is pure co-incidence much like the examples you gave (Utd-Villa, 'Boro-Arsenal and I can think back to Spurs-Wimbledon (like 4 games in space of 30 days or something, league, fa cup, fa cup replay, worthington cup). The sooner we get this cup replay out of the way, the better. Real bummer about Cooky being out for the league match though :(

rockerash06
16-01-2007, 08:41 PM
It's not their fault, Blame it on the rain :l

gosling
16-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Anagram of Kenilworth Road: Old 'Town' Lake - very apt when summing up the state of their pitch tonight :eusa_eh:

And Ash, at no point was I pinning the blame on Luton; I was merely expressing my frustration at the amount of meetings we've had this season...

YellowParasol
16-01-2007, 11:42 PM

I think we do aswell, and we always put covers down:

on another note i wish ours was called off now, we lost 2-1 away to Plymouth but nothing to be ashamed about we played very well and caused them problems: scorers for Plymouth:

Barry Hayles (18th minute)
David Norris (used to live in Peterborough and supports them and plymouth) (27th minute)

Peterborough goal scorer:

Aaron Mclean (13th minute)

:Hazel
17-01-2007, 10:06 AM

Exactly all our rain evaporates ;P

Maybe something needs to be done to Lutons pitch to prevent more games being called off. :s

summer
17-01-2007, 10:15 AM
it only rained for like an hour yesterday morning, so god knows how the pitch got waterlogged.

Exactly all our rain evaporates ;P

Maybe something needs to be done to Lutons pitch to prevent more games being called off. :s

we 'cant afford it'. despite recieving £4m in transfer fees last week, the chairmen will just pocket the money. we keep being promised a new stadium as ours is 101 years old and falling apart, but we never get one, nor any new players worth more than £500,000

Lysine
17-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Got half way up there and got a phone call it was called off so my mate called lee cook up and he said it was called off so he will be out for saturday

summer
17-01-2007, 12:32 PM
oh ****, does that mean lee cook can now play in the replay of the replay?

Fonejacker
17-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah alot of the pitches are suposed to be on a slight angel so the water just slides off, QPR Vs Luton Close game It will go into penalties i think.

Lysine
17-01-2007, 01:47 PM
oh ****, does that mean lee cook can now play in the replay of the replay?

Yh he can because he will miss saturdays game with southampton.

summer
17-01-2007, 02:08 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42458000/jpg/_42458741_rain_getty416.jpg

the pitch yesterday evening ^

piddle2k6
17-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Yer definately loks like it should be called off if the whole pitch was like dat

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!