PDA

View Full Version : The whole racism against shilpa crap.

Ostinato
17-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey. I'm sure you've all heard about this whole crap with Jade, Jo and Danielle apparantly being racist to Shilpa in Big Brother..?

Anyway - I know theres a Big B forum, but this is on all the news channels and papers so I class it under here as well.

All these news media's are claiming that the 3 of them have made racist comments about Shilpa and racistly insulted her.

They have done nothing more than simply talk about her etc. Fair enough, I guess it could be classed as bullying, but if you watch any of the previous Big Brothers you will see that there is generally one outcast who is treated similarly. However, just because Shilpa is a woman of race it is autmatically racist?

Put it this way - if Jermaine and Shilpa where to make the same comments about someone who was white in there, such as Jade, racism wouldn't be brought into it. It's just the fact that as Shilpa is a different colour then all of a sudden it must be racism? It's honestly pathetic. I fail to understand why people of ethnic races demand to be treated fairly and in an unracist way, yet when they are or receive any megar insult - they automatically class it as racism.

I simply feel it's racist in the whole way the thing has been portayed and that it has been over exaggerated now.

Whats your views?

benjamin
17-01-2007, 05:40 PM
they wasn't racist at all. if anything they was 'bullying' even shilpa said herself she didn't feel any racial abuse towards herself.

Caution
17-01-2007, 05:42 PM
My opinion: Utter crap.;)

dirrty
17-01-2007, 05:42 PM
its stupid. gone out of hand. the media are making it sound like all hell has broke loose aswell.

Ostinato
17-01-2007, 05:43 PM
they wasn't racist at all. if anything they was 'bullying' even shilpa said herself she didn't feel any racial abuse towards herself.

Exactly. Fair enough their comments were catty etc. and it could be classed as bullying - fine, but I'm sick of people claming every insult towards someone of another background is racist? It's as though she can't accept an argument or any insult - but if people ever stand up to them then their racist?!

dirrty
17-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Exactly. Fair enough their comments were catty etc. and it could be classed as bullying - fine, but I'm sick of people claming every insult towards someone of another background is racist? It's as though she can't accept an argument or any insult - but if people ever stand up to them then their racist?!
if shilpa said something racist to jade etc. i bet it wouldnt be this bad.

benjamin
17-01-2007, 05:46 PM
lmao ino, but at our age we should all know what the media is like by now.. they practically blow ANYTHING and EVERYTHING out of proportion, and it's always for their own sake. the only way they'd have been racist if they'd commented on her race, and used it against her. and as far as i'm aware, they did no such thing.

Ostinato
17-01-2007, 05:50 PM
Lol they never.

I know its pathetic. It's not even the big brother thing that annoys me - it's the full situation.

Like Indians demand to be treated as equals etc. yet they go and do this sort of crap? Why say no to racism then at any argument or insult they are involved in automatically say they are being racistly attacked?

Caution
17-01-2007, 05:53 PM
People of different races are arguing, wheres the racism?

And yes, I know they were imitating her Indian accent. But Shilpa was imitating Jade's accent.

dirrty
17-01-2007, 05:53 PM
big brother are benefiting from all of this. they have had a increase of 1 million viewers lol

Jazza
17-01-2007, 05:59 PM
its stupid. gone out of hand. the media are making it sound like all hell has broke loose aswell.

It was even mentioned in the house of commons today during a meeting (broadcast live on The Daily politics)

Jade is such a hypocrit, she has made a donation in the past to the anti-bullying organisation Act Against Bullying, and she is among those making racist comments.

Shilpa is a household name in India, being rascist agains her is like being rascist against Hugh grant to us: they have the same status. As for blowing it out of proportion, how can you. International relations with India are in jepordy because of the small mindedness of those 3 white trash girls.

Samster
17-01-2007, 06:02 PM
big brother are benefiting from all of this. they have had a increase of 1 million viewers lol

Wrong,they're possible being sued for hundreds of grand

I totally agree,it's like we have to treat her different just because she's a different colour,it's being blown well out of proportion

dirrty
17-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Wrong,they're possible being sued for hundreds of grand

I totally agree,it's like we have to treat her different just because she's a different colour,it's being blown well out of proportion
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11049-2007020681,00.html

Samster
17-01-2007, 06:07 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11049-2007020681,00.html

Channel 4 could also be fined up to £250,000 for breaching Ofcom’s harm and offence rules
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11049-2007020620,00.html

..LOST:..
17-01-2007, 06:07 PM
THEY ARE BEING RACIST WATCH THE LIVE SHOWS AND THE TELL ME SHE ISNT BEING RACIST!!!!!!!

Browney
17-01-2007, 06:08 PM
The reason why if Jade was racially abused it would'nt make such a fuss is because Jade is of a majority. Not a minority. Apparently Ethnic minorties need that protection. ;/

Also, there were some racist comments.

If I can't understand your language then i'm sorry.

Do you eat with your hands in India?

lol, lore is funny thats exactly what they are WHITE TRASH!

+,rep

Seacat
I don't watch Big Brother but we were talking about that in Assembly today.

I think all the bullies should be ashamed, thrown out of the house and then criminal charges brought against them if the comments were found to be racist.

Even so, whether the comments were racist or not, they were still bullying. It's kinda ironic that Shilpa is the only true "celebrity" person in there who has a lot of talent and yet she's been victimised by fat, vile people such as Jade Goody and her scrubber family as well as a load of "has beens" who might of been considered celebrities 10 years ago but now just need something to fund their retirement.

The worst thing is that we tolerate it. We send money in to fund the show and pay people like Jade Goody hefty sums to parade around on our screens like she owns them and we tune in to the show to watch this kinda of bullying going on. It's the reason why I don't watch the show and it's the reason that this CBB has been criticised as the "worst yet" by many people.

dirrty
17-01-2007, 06:09 PM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11049-2007020620,00.html
tbh, i never said u were wrong :/
ur the one who said i was :/

Ostinato
17-01-2007, 06:16 PM
It was even mentioned in the house of commons today during a meeting (broadcast live on The Daily politics)

Jade is such a hypocrit, she has made a donation in the past to the anti-bullying organisation Act Against Bullying, and she is among those making racist comments.

But she hasn't made any racist comments? =S Quote me something racist she has said.

They are bullying - yes, but just because someone of a different colour is bullied doesn't mean it is racism. =S

Shilpa is a household name in India, being rascist agains her is like being rascist against Hugh grant to us: they have the same status. As for blowing it out of proportion, how can you. International relations with India are in jepordy because of the small mindedness of those 3 white trash girls.

I don't think their status is anything to do with it - and there isn't even racism involved. They are talking about her etc. but they havn't said anything racist.

The reason why if Jade was racially abused it would'nt make such a fuss is because Jade is of a majority. Not a minority. Apparently Ethnic minorties need that protection. ;/

Also, there were some racist comments.

such as?

Samster
17-01-2007, 06:18 PM
The only comment that could be deemed as being racist is Jo making fun of her accent

Seacat
17-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Like I said I haven't watched the show but I don't see how the comments can't be racist if the TV regular OfCom has had 35,000 people call in to complain about the racism.

I don't see how 25k+ people (and they're only the ones who have bothered to phone) and a number of newspapers who have reported on the incident can be wrong.

Brody
17-01-2007, 06:21 PM
apparently jack called her a the p word wich pakistani people find offensive but it was edited out but thats just what i heard

uh huh her
17-01-2007, 06:22 PM
the anti-bullying organisation act against bullying have cut off al links with jade after this.
& i agree with most people in the thread, its just because that shes a different race, its going to be looked at as racism. & cola, @the second quote, that could be a simple question, not racism. she may not know much about the culture in india, as its far different from what it is here, & btw, Jo said that [:

dirrty
17-01-2007, 06:22 PM
apparently jack called her a the p word wich pakistani people find offensive but it was edited out but thats just what i heard
same
i read it in newspaper but i didnt know who said it.
omg jack dies nothing and hes not involved in all of this.

Ostinato
17-01-2007, 06:23 PM
The only comment that could be deemed as being racist is Jo making fun of her accent

Well in the same way Shilpa made fun of both Jackie and Jade's - so how come it's different standards just because she is from India?

Well, all that was said is that they didn't like her poking her food as they "didn't know where her hands have been" - and from that their saying they are being racist. Well I'm sorry, if someone was taking food off of my plate I'd be saying the same.

Apparantly jade says the "P" word tonight, so if she does - then fair enough it's racism. I don't particularly like Jade, Jo or Danielle anyway.

It just annoys me that it's like the indians are all saying they want to be treated fairly, yet when they get in an argument (as all has happened so far) it's all of a sudden racism. :S

edit: big brother said jade only said the "c" word - not the "p" one ;P

Seacat
17-01-2007, 06:25 PM
JADE said she didn't know where Shilpas' hands had been? OMG! That's pretty rich coming from that disgusting *****r.

Well in the same way Shilpa made fun of both Jackie and Jade's - so how come it's different standards just because she is from India?

Well, all that was said is that they didn't like her poking her food as they "didn't know where her hands have been" - and from that their saying they are being racist. Well I'm sorry, if someone was taking food off of my plate I'd be saying the same.

Apparantly jade says the "P" word tonight, so if she does - then fair enough it's racism. I don't particularly like Jade, Jo or Danielle anyway.

It just annoys me that it's like the indians are all saying they want to be treated fairly, yet when they get in an argument (as all has happened so far) it's all of a sudden racism. :S

edit: big brother said jade only said the "c" word - not the "p" one ;P

17-01-2007, 06:25 PM
jack did say the p word i heard him on T.V i was disgusted

clarissa !!
17-01-2007, 06:28 PM
JADE said she didn't know where Shilpas' hands had been? OMG! That's pretty rich coming from that disgusting *****r.
lol@theword*****r

Brody
17-01-2007, 06:29 PM
tbh not all the racism is agaist shilpa jermaine called jo danielle and jade white trash to me that is just as bad

Samster
17-01-2007, 06:30 PM
tbh, i never said u were wrong :/
ur the one who said i was :/

I know, I was just showing you, as I thought you meant I was wrong:P

Like I said I haven't watched the show but I don't see how the comments can't be racist if the TV regular OfCom has had 35,000 people call in to complain about the racism.

I don't see how 25k+ people (and they're only the ones who have bothered to phone) and a number of newspapers who have reported on the incident can be wrong.

Basically once Jermaine said they were being racist,all the complaints started,then once the radios and news announced about the complaints,more happened as people suddenly thought "I hate racism and that if they're all complaining ,something must be wrong

Incorrect, he never called that, big brother have said in an official statement he called her a rude word begining with c

Yep you're correct, she has made fun of their accents,and when Dirk came in she said his name sounded like a dish, Duck Benedict, yet nothing gets said about it, i feel very strongly about this sort of thing-It's like we have to ***** foot around them,yet they're the ones saying they don't want to be treated differently,but news papers and the like use it to their advantage

I have to agree with that:P And again that comment isn't racist,just a little offensive

jack did say the p word i heard him on T.V i was disgusted

That's a load of rubbish, he said a word begining with c that was blocked out,channel four have released an official statement saying he never said the word you alleged he did

Ostinato
17-01-2007, 06:39 PM
tbh not all the racism is agaist shilpa jermaine called jo danielle and jade white trash to me that is just as bad

Exactly. It's like completely different standards. When they say things about us white folk, it's all alright and we are just meant to get on with it, but if someone even gets in an argument with them then it's the end of the world.

The Jack thing was a load of crap the newspapers just came up with and big brother said he never did, so...

I agree with the person who was saying about us footing around them. It's like we need to watch every single thing we say and can't get involved in any form of a dispute with them - otherwise we are being racist - yet when the tables are turned it's alright for them to do it against us.

I don't even really like Jade, lol, and if she does say the P word tonight then fair enough she is racist or whatever - but still, it's the whole situation in general that annoys me.

Seacat
17-01-2007, 06:47 PM
lol I know I was trying to think of a better word, but without been banned from the Forum I can't put into words what I think of her/it and her tagalongs.

lol@theword*****r

Jazza
17-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Exactly. It's like completely different standards. When they say things about us white folk, it's all alright and we are just meant to get on with it, but if someone even gets in an argument with them then it's the end of the world.

It's not the same becasue they didn't colonise our country and stal our resources.

As for no rasist comments: Jade was heard reffering to Shilpa as 'the Indian'. If you still claim that's not rascist, how would you think of someone reffering to a homosexual as 'the gay'.

Browney
17-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Like I said in my comment, noone would say anything if it was to us because we are an ethnic majorty.

brodeo
18-01-2007, 09:12 PM
i think calling somone shilpa poppadom is just wrong..

Hazza
18-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I agree with ostinato.. Its lyk people saying stuff about white people EG. White Trash. I find that offence.

Anyway.. Shilpas getting publicity out of this, Why is she bothered?

LOL@DIRK in the diary room.. taking the mick out of Jade's accent.. Well sorry, Its like me saying I cant understand a geordie accent [No offence to anyone]

sim
20-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I dont think Jade was herself being specifically racist or the other two mentioned. However I did hear a racist comment earlier in the series which sated:

'Shes trying to be white. But she can't shes a dog'

Now that is racist.

Indystar
20-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Ive heard some quotes off the news.. And some involve them saying something about "shes so skinny because indians dont cook proppa food.." or along those lines.. That to me is mildly racist.. And also.. Jade Jo and Danielle dont seem smart enough to insult her in other ways.. than making them seem racist, which I think they are being, even if they arent intensionally.

I havent watched bb so dont actually know the whole of it. But even so.. how is bullying any more acceptable than racism?? Come on.. racial abuse.. any verbal abuse.. is still abuse!

DCeption
20-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Surely if they were racist they would have said stuff to Jearmaine to? And we cant say anything nowadays becuase it mite be racist.

but on the other hand black people calling white people racsit things is fine, or racism is never mentioned

Indystar
20-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Surely if they were racist they would have said stuff to Jearmaine to?

Jemaine isnt doing anything to threaten them tho.. Also.. no1 messes with jackson! lol

DCeption
20-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, but racsit people do not become racist just becuase people are doing something to them!

Indystar
20-01-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, but racsit people do not become racist just becuase people are doing something to them!

Ok then.. in response to that comment, to me you have come to the conclusion that people do not become racist just because they are doing something to them.

When in fact its the very center of why people make racist comments..
For example.
A man of another race annoys a white man... The white man has no other come back than to call him a racist name..

That is similar to what is happening in the bb house...

Shulpa has her differing views.. Jade jo and danielle do not like what she is saying.. so they start ******** behind her back.. and racist remarks are made.. maybe because it is hard to aviod..

Why arent they making racist remarks about Jemaine?... Because he has not upset them in any way.

DCeption
20-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah but i see plenty of people who havent had a problem with people of other ethnicity but still are racist towards them!

-:Undertaker:-
21-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Political Correctness gone mad, i'm sick of hearing this Big Brother crap, ITS NOT RACIST !

If a Black would have said that to a White there would have been no were near as much fuss about it.

Minix
21-01-2007, 06:12 PM
I pretty much remain impartial to the issue, but I have some evidence that she was being racially abused...

Big Brother released an official statement from Shilpa saying that she didn't actually feel that she was being racially abused.

Apparently, according to a source from Big Brother, she was kept in the diary room for a whole ninety minutes, with Big Brother explaining the situation. At the beginning of the chat Shilpa was adamant that she was being racially abused, but, after some persuasion, (including being told that she would appear stronger if she said there was nothing going on) she told them she didn't think she was. Big Brother edited this part and released it to news stations.

They also had a chat with Jade Goody. They suggested she apologize to Shilpa (of course, it had been majorly edited for the episode in which she was shown). This is why it had seemed phony when they had the reconciliation and talked about what they'd learnt, and why it was very awkward watching them act like the best of friends the next day.

This is taken almost directly from the Daily Mail, so I dont know how reliable it is (lol).

Luckyrare
21-01-2007, 06:31 PM
It isn't racist, it isn't bullying. People use the 2 words so lightly. Bullying is when someone picks on someone for weeks/months/years and make them feel crap, they barely insult them back.

My friend at school got excluded out of school for 3 days because he said fish and chips are better than curry. What the hell is this country turning into.

I am saying this: People from Europe, Africa and the others come into our country no problem. They come to follow our way of life and speak our lingo. Not say all asains do this, but I would say 65% of them do. They come into England, take over places and turn them into lil asain towns. Flock around with asains only, they are so racist, think they own the place, try to change the rules, say we are been racist for stupid things, cause trouble and COMPLAIN COMPLAIN COM-F~***NG PAIN.

Fonejacker
21-01-2007, 07:04 PM
who cares shes to snoby And she says chicken funny lol

Shipa popadingdong

-Dispute
21-01-2007, 09:26 PM
I agee that its OOT but I hate Jade Goody now for it still. I think maybe if it was the other way round, no one would of cared, not to at all rasist here, but if Shulpa was rasist towards Jade, it would mean nothing, like I dont get why some girl when I was a kid called me a white b****** and she got away with it, Im sure If I called her a black b****** I would of been in serious trouble. But anyway, people seem to not mind when blacks insult whites, so thats why Im not really p***** of with Jade.

luke-p
21-01-2007, 10:37 PM
It is a load of crap, Its the common Big brother ******ness going on not racism or bulling, People have ago at everyone during the last Big brothers but the second somebody has ago at somebody who isn't white there is murder.

Imagine
21-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Jemaine isnt doing anything to threaten them tho.. Also.. no1 messes with jackson! lol

because he will set his brother on your kiddies

:Hazel
22-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I think its been blown way out of proportion.

piddle2k6
22-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Yer they were bullying her not being racist to her....

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!