PDA

View Full Version : Feyenoord thrown out of UEFA cup

summer
20-01-2007, 08:31 AM
from bbc.co.uk

Tottenham's next Uefa Cup opponents Feyenoord have been excluded from this season's competition. Uefa has banished the Dutch club after the crowd trouble during their match in France against Nancy on 30 November. The group stage game had to be stopped for half an hour because of trouble in the stands as Feyenoord trailed 3-0.

Feyenoord were set to play Tottenham in the last 32 knockout stage of the Uefa Cup and Spurs must wait to see if they now get a bye into the next round.
Feyenoord had originally been fined £81,000 and handed a suspended sentence to play two matches in an empty stadium.

Looks good for Spurs then, if they get a bye, they'll be one round from the quarter finals and could well match what 'Boro did last season :)

nobility
20-01-2007, 08:32 AM
gutted for them.

micky.blue.eyes
20-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh great. -.- Now I have to listen to complaints of somebody at school.

Djcafc.
20-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow they don't usually go that far for trouble in the stands oh well my friend will be pleased that he skips a round

gosling
20-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Don't know what the final decision is but Spurs might not be getting a by, they may have to face Wisla Krakow (came 4th in Feyenoord's group) instead...which should be a routine win anyway. ;)

gosling
25-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Apologies for double post but the disciplinary hearing's been heard and it's definitely a bye to the next round for Spurs - link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/6241919.stm)

On the same day AFC Wimbledon have been kicked out of the FA Trophy after knocking out TWO Conference sides, meaning they'll no longer play Rushden & Diamonds. This is due to a former Ranger, Jermaine Darlington not signing an International Agreement on his contract after leaving Cardiff City (moves from Wales > England require this).

:Hazel
26-01-2007, 12:33 PM
;o lucky spurs :p

summer
26-01-2007, 05:20 PM
hopefully they can get all the way to the final in scotland in may :]!

Grainger@CUFC
26-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I always support the English teams in Europe so good luck to Spurs whatever happens :D.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!