PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience Help

JoeComins
26-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Give me ideas!

Nixt
26-01-2007, 09:34 PM
It depends on what you want to do when you're older really, doesn't it...

JoeComins
26-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Law or Journalism . . .

Law firms dont like taking on minors, and journalism would mean I make tea for people . . .

Nixt
26-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Law or Journalism . . .

Law firms dont like taking on minors, and journalism would mean I make tea for people . . .

I went to Bristol Crown Court for my Work experience, I sat in and watched a lot of cases and I helped the Witness Support Service with some odd jobs; so I think it's possible. I know a lot of my friends went to work with Lawyers or Solicitors so I don't see why you can't.
My friend went to the press place where the Evening Post (my local paper) is written and printed, I don't think she made one cup of tea ^_^.
When it comes to work experience it is up to you to choose the best place and while you are there, you have to make the most of it and talk to your employer, ask to do stuff etc, perhaps ask what you will be asked to do in your letter.
I think if you don't show any enthusiasm or whatever, that's when you start being asked to make the tea :p.

JoeComins
26-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Any other unrelated ideas though?

Ramones
26-01-2007, 10:01 PM
when i did they told us to chose somewhere we're not likely to work when we're older. I'd advise trying to get a place at a shop down town like, just because you'll probably get a saturday job out of it. Toys R Us FTW. If you go somewhere like a law firm or a school or what not, you wont.

kk.
26-01-2007, 10:04 PM
yh i would go somewhere where you think u wont work just to make sure you know u are following the right career path. Like, i went to aa bank but i couldn't rely do much because of all the money there but i still found it fun

luke-p
26-01-2007, 10:09 PM
I spent my work experiance in iceland... Gaha - The only good part was when I went out on deliveries...

Steven.
26-01-2007, 10:17 PM
When i did Work Exp i thought out-side the box, even the visiting teacher thought it was abit of a change of place to previous years.

i went to an organization where i did admin work, updating resources, sorting out two new computers+networking them.

It depends where you live really, its better to get the forms in early because someone could actually have the place you actually wanted to go.

I would of thought you would actually do something related to Web Design/Dev, Joe. :P

Have you checked local businesses around your area, make a list, then range it down to 10, etc.

Although they say 'Try and do something that you want to do when your older', i'm not sure if i ill go and work at this organization, although it was good fun and i learnt alot of new things. :)

JoeComins
26-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, I have, or am going to apply to:
Local Soliciters
Majestrates Court
Local Newspaper
Elpeeko Design (WebDesign etc)

foxyfox00
27-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah do something you like otherwise you'll be bored for a week. Even if you look through the phone book for business that you might like to get work expirence with or ask the the person that organises it through your school if they know anyone in the field you want.

You should look into something new as well to broaden you horoizons too.
Good luck

Dudey!
28-01-2007, 05:06 PM
If you want a REAL experience become a holiday rep somewhere.

DiscoPat
28-01-2007, 05:46 PM
gangster rapper

Viruz
28-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I worked with the airport security in Birmingham airport it was great!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!