PDA

View Full Version : Brentford 0-0 Carlisle Utd

gosling
27-01-2007, 07:51 PM
Going along to these kind of games really makes you appreciate QPR! With no disrespect to either side, this really was a drab affair. A few players stood out for Carlisle though, Jeff Smith and Karl Hawley most noticeably. They provided a few neat flick-ons and touches which lightened the game up. Carlisle went close on a number of occasions and should've buried Brentford in the 2nd half. Taking nothing away from Brentford though who kept fighting and giving it their all. Neil Shipperley really didn't impress me, not a memorable debut for him.

Pics:

Teams coming out (http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8863/bccomeout6uu.png)
Carlisle preparing (http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2588/bccarlisleoutoe8.png)
The noisy Carlisle faithful! (http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1944/bccarlisefansxt7.png)
Throw in for Carlisle (http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6669/bcthrowxn2.png)
Brentford free kick (http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/2636/bcaction1id7.png)

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5193/bcticketqm0.png

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, not the best game to see us :(. Listening to Mr. Lacey on Radio Cumbria, we were horrific. I bet your highlight was the streaker lol :P. Yeah, 0-0 and we hit the post. Lumsdon got injured and Jeff Smith pulled up just before the end. This proves we need a goalscorer and fast! The quicker Danny Graham and Simon Hackney are back the better.

gosling
27-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah, not the best game to see us :(. Listening to Mr. Lacey on Radio Cumbria, we were horrific. I bet your highlight was the streaker lol :P. Yeah, 0-0 and we hit the post. Lumsdon got injured and Jeff Smith pulled up just before the end. This proves we need a goalscorer and fast! The quicker Danny Graham and Simon Hackney are back the better.Yeah haha, the streaker provided a bit of entertainment for the miserable crowd; the challenege Lumsdon received did look nasty but obviously not to those around me! 'Let him die, let him die, let him die'... A lot of Bees fans seemed surprisingly quite content with the result and the clean sheet :P

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah haha, the streaker provided a bit of entertainment for the miserable crowd; the challenege Lumsdon received did look nasty but obviously not to those around me! 'Let him die, let him die, let him die'... A lot of Bees fans seemed surprisingly quite content with the result and the clean sheet :P

LOL, well they will, being bottom of the league is tough, and you really enjoy any points you get on ANY teams. And to be honest, Lumsdon is a ginger f**k who has turned useless within a few months. His corner kicks have been nothing more than dire, at least we've got a better set piece man in Jeff Smith :D.

holo-jonny
27-01-2007, 08:10 PM
£13!!!???

I thought lower league tickets were cheap.

I seen a darlo game for £ 1 before.

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 08:12 PM
£13!!!???

I seen a darlo game for £ 1 before.

Yeah, but that's Darlington :rolleyes:.

Carlisle's are £8 for juniors :D

brapbrap
27-01-2007, 08:17 PM
6 quid for orient in the crappy easy stand.

OOOO Orient v carlisle in feb you coming down?

brandon
27-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Woah at that ticket price, I see Norwich for cheaper than that lol.
Why'd you go to that game anyway mate

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 08:18 PM
6 quid for orient in the crappy easy stand.

OOOO Orient v carlisle in feb you coming down?

Probably not, my away travelling has been extremely limited this season :(.

Good result for you today :D

gosling
27-01-2007, 08:20 PM
£13!!!???

I seen a darlo game for £ 1 before.My ticket was actually a fiver. It was pay-on-the-gate so the turnstile lady just gave me the wrong ticket. Typical Brentford!
LOL, well they will, being bottom of the league is tough, and you really enjoy any points you get on ANY teams. And to be honest, Lumsdon is a ginger f**k who has turned useless within a few months. His corner kicks have been nothing more than dire, at least we've got a better set piece man in Jeff Smith :D.Haha, a player who didn't impress me much was Kevin Gall - flash hair, flash boots, but you should've seen his shot in the 2nd half! Thought he'd have a crack from about 30 yards out, ball ended up in the stand opposite us (on the side of the pitch!) and he immediately looked down at his shiny blue boots, as if to say 'it wasn't my fault!' :P

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 08:24 PM
a player who didn't impress me much was Kevin Gall - flash hair, flash boots, but you should've seen his shot in the 2nd half! Thought he'd have a crack from about 30 yards out, ball ended up in the stand opposite us (on the side of the pitch!) and he immediately looked down at his shiny blue boots, as if to say 'it wasn't my fault!' :P

Don't get started with Kev Gall. He has great pace and fairly decent control, but when it comes to crossing/shooting he's awful. He can't cross at all and he can only shoot from within the 18 yard box. Every attempt I've seen of his from outside the box has either gone miles over or has been nearer to the corner flag than the goal by the time the ball has gone out :rolleyes:. And yeah his flash blue Adidas boots :rolleyes:, you're a League 1 footballer not quite Prem standard yet lol.

gosling
27-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Woah at that ticket price, I see Norwich for cheaper than that lol.
Why'd you go to that game anyway mateWasn't my choice! Rangers obviously weren't playing, half my mates were off to Palace (:rolleyes:) at Selhurst against Preston, Liam's a Brentford fan but hardly gets along to games so me and Jamie went along with him, only a short journey for us :]

brapbrap
27-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Probably not, my away travelling has been extremely limited this season :(.

Good result for you today :D

Cheers lad, yeah completly oout of the blue with the 4-0 and everything, epsically as it was away aswell, we've been **** poor away this year, oh well, on wards and upwords, I saw something on an orient website, if we win the next two games and below lose we can go 13th! if we lose the next 2 and below us win we go down to 22nd, this is a really important part of orients season.

Good luck for carlisle etc lol

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Cheers lad, yeah completly oout of the blue with the 4-0 and everything, epsically as it was away aswell, we've been **** poor away this year, oh well, on wards and upwords, I saw something on an orient website, if we win the next two games and below lose we can go 13th! if we lose the next 2 and below us win we go down to 22nd, this is a really important part of orients season.

Good luck for carlisle etc lol

Cheers pal, well you did better than us anyway :P. We got beat 5-1 when we went to their place :eusa_wall, and we got beat 2-0 last weekend off them at home :@. Yeah, the relegation battle is really close this year, good luck :D

brapbrap
27-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Cheers mate

Also:

Don't get started with Kev Gall. He has great pace and fairly decent control, but when it comes to crossing/shooting he's awful. He can't cross at all and he can only shoot from within the 18 yard box. Every attempt I've seen of his from outside the box has either gone miles over or has been nearer to the corner flag than the goal by the time the ball has gone out . And yeah his flash blue Adidas boots , you're a League 1 footballer not quite Prem standard yet lol.

That sounds a lot like our jabo ibehre, he scored today and has in a few away games recently but is TERRIBLE at home.

Grainger@CUFC
27-01-2007, 08:34 PM
That sounds a lot like our jabo ibehre, he scored today and has in a few away games recently but is TERRIBLE at home.

Lol, yeah, Gall has scored about 6 this season, and if I'm right, they have all been from within the area. No proper finishing from him really, I suppose he is a winger, but he should still have some decent finishing in him :P.

summer
28-01-2007, 08:51 AM
the brentford pitch looks fairly good mind you.

gosling
28-01-2007, 12:08 PM
the brentford pitch looks fairly good mind you.Yeah, it was in surprisingly good condition! Their catering services were good as well, the Chicken Balti Pie at half-time went down a treat :P

Jamie!
28-01-2007, 01:31 PM
What a game to attend.. two dire performances from 2 very mediocre teams. Wish i'd never went, probably think the same as all the other fans who made the trip down aswell! Took more than I expected like, but saying that, the London Branch probably made up most of the numbers.

Anyways, we will have to improve fast, otherwise we will be joining Brentford down there very soon.

Jamie!
28-01-2007, 02:26 PM
I bet your highlight was the streaker lol :P.

Lol :D
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/508/3zhl734lw4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

gosling
28-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Haha, I got a video of the streaker! I was at the back of the stand to your right :]

summer
28-01-2007, 03:06 PM
brad upload the video to youtube! :]

Grainger@CUFC
28-01-2007, 03:12 PM
What a game to attend.. two dire performances from 2 very mediocre teams. Wish i'd never went, probably think the same as all the other fans who made the trip down aswell! Took more than I expected like, but saying that, the London Branch probably made up most of the numbers.

Anyways, we will have to improve fast, otherwise we will be joining Brentford down there very soon.

Damn straight.

First of all, welcome back to the forum Jamie :D, I've missed you pal.

Yes, I know Forest are getting beat and there confidence may be down, but if we play like we did yesterday, we're going to get thumped on Wednesday night :(.

And yes, the London Branch probably did :P, they've had a good season this time around, lots of clubs in League 1 down in the South-east.

Lysine
28-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Brad going to brentford now lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!