PDA

View Full Version : The Superbowl

Browney
02-02-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't usually watch american football but I got into it recently and I play blocker at lunchtime. This will be my first Superbowl and i'm loking forward to it.

Will you be watching it? Or what are your opinions on American Football?

Grainger@CUFC
02-02-2007, 06:59 PM
GO BEARS!!!

My team, the New England Patriots were beaten by the Indianapolis Colts in the AFC Championship game, so I'll be rooting for an NFC team for once :P.

I won't stay up to watch it specially, although I would have if the Patriots got to Miami. I'll probably tape it or just watch highlights :).

Nike
02-02-2007, 07:13 PM
nah.

1. its too l8

2. it stops everytime they touch ;l why cant they just do it like rugby lol

Grainger@CUFC
02-02-2007, 07:16 PM

Wrong :). It stops when someone goes out of bounds, a pass is incomplete or if someone scores. Also for other reasons like penalties :P. Otherwise the clock keeps running for another 40 seconds or until another play is over. I know it takes longer, but it is exciting :D.

sl4rt is banned
03-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Superbowl to confusing for me anyway :P

I heard it might come to england or something like that ?

-Wolverine
03-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I was going for the Cowboys and Chargers, both got eliminated, so I've already layed a bet with my friend for $20 that the Bears will win..

I regret that now, cause I have a strong feeling that the Colts will win due to Manning being extremely hungry for it.. =[

Kenneth
03-02-2007, 11:30 PM
Going to it ;P
GO BEARS!@!!!1
lives in chicago btw

RedStratocas
03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
nah.

1. its too l8

Sponsers sponsers sponsers.

I cant wait for the super bowl, but I hope there isnt too much dumb football inbetween the commercials like last year. (for those unfamiliar, the Super Bowl is the most watched event on all of television, thus a lot of advertizing space, and a lot of funny commercials debut on it. And just a little fact, 2.5 million dollars for a 30 second slot.)

I find football quite boring mostly. I actually agree, it stops way too often. College and high school football are okay because its fast, they dont have sponsers so they can keep going and dont have to wait. But pro football the players have to wait for commercials. Apparently, if you count it, there's only 12 minutes of ACTUAL play during a football game, which usually consists of 3 hours.

-Wolverine
04-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Oh btw

Bears 24
Indy 21

I'm guessing

Grainger@CUFC
04-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I heard it might come to england or something like that ?

There's an NFL regular season game being played at Wembley on October 28th or something

Miami Dolphins v New York Jets.

They would pick two teams from AFC East, but oh no, not the Patriots because they are "too big a team" :eusa_wall.

300th post :P.

Nike
04-02-2007, 02:27 PM
lol yeah sure, XD it still sucks :)

mangle
04-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Oh btw

Bears 24
Indy 21

I'm guessing
That score. But reversed. I reckon the Colts will do it :]

Tents:
04-02-2007, 06:05 PM
nah.

1. its too l8

Too true, Rugby is a better game. I really don't see what the hype is, all of America seems to be addicted to it and it's nothing compared to our Rugby which I do indeed love watching now.

Grainger@CUFC
04-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Too true, Rugby is a better game. I really don't see what the hype is, all of America seems to be addicted to it and it's nothing compared to our Rugby which I do indeed love watching now.

Well considering they don't really play Rugby over there, it's going to be hard for them to follow that. Plus, the Superbowl is only the biggest single sporting event in the world, which is watched by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. So, there's the hype mate :rolleyes:.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!