PDA

View Full Version : England win the first CommonWealth Bank ODI Final

Smiddy
09-02-2007, 09:34 PM
England are now on a 3 game winning streak thanks to a great team preformance in the field and 2 good knock-ons from Ian Bell (65) and Paul Collingwood (120*) helped England beat Australia by 4 wickets in the first of a possible 3 finals between the 2 sides.

Earlier in the day/night game, Australia had managed to post a total of 252 all out (after 48.3 overs) with Matthew Hayden top scoring for them on 82 from 102 balls, followed closely by Aussie Captain Ricky Ponting who got a run per ball rate on 75. The leading wicket taker was Andrew Flintoff with 3 - 41.

England's opening batsmen had a disaster of a start, as they made a combined total of 6 runs from 24 balls, and with Andrew Strauss not adding runs either, England needed something special to help them out. Ian Bell and Paul Collingwood then managed to put a partnership together and helped grasp the total back into something managable.

Well done England, now let's hope you don't mess this up! ;)

For a full report, check - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6341673.stm :)

FrozenWhisper
10-02-2007, 08:30 AM
We won :o. Yer, seems we've coming out of our sucky streak.

Animate
10-02-2007, 09:52 AM
We won :o. Yer, seems we've coming out of our sucky streak.

I thought that was how you normally played?

Grainger@CUFC
10-02-2007, 12:31 PM
I thought it was all over at 15/3.

Paul Collingwood, back to back hundreds in ODIs, looking on good form. And that catch, I was like :o. Two run outs for him as well. His game couldn't have got much better.

Bowling improved especially Freddie and Monty, weighing in with 5 wickets between them. 1 more win is all we need :eusa_pray.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!