PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle United 1-4 Yeovil Town

Grainger@CUFC
10-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Hmm. Less said about this, the better.

We dominated the first half creating chance after chance, but not finding the finishing to go with it. We went close form a corner when Zigor Aranalde headed at goal only to produce a great save from the Yeovil keeper. We eventually did get the breakthrough when Joe Garner reacted first to Kev Gall's cross to volley in his first senior goal. Yeovil didn't threaten us and Westwood didn't have a save to make in the 1st half.

Second half was all downhill. Yeovil gave us a lesson in finishing with all of their 4 shots on target going in, although I have to say the refereeing was 'weak' and a couple of their goals should and could have not happened due to fouls in the build-up. Yeovil did have the cutting edge, but weren't really deserved winners in the end and 4-1 definitely flattered them.

Jordie
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah i saw you was 1-0 up at half time, i was flicking back on to gilette soccer saturday now and again, and i was gutted for ya at the end of the game.... 4-1 :(

Grainger@CUFC
10-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah i saw you was 1-0 up at half time, i was flicking back on to gilette soccer saturday now and again, and i was gutted for ya at the end of the game.... 4-1 :(

Yeah, I was asking myself how we lost 4-1 after being 1-0 up :s. Definitely a lack of finishing and just plain awful defending in the second half.

Jordie
10-02-2007, 06:33 PM
:DDon't be to disheartened by the result in the end, Yeovil are a half descent team flying high in that league theres plenty more game to go to recover from this :D

Grainger@CUFC
10-02-2007, 06:41 PM
:DDon't be to disheartened by the result in the end, Yeovil are a half descent team flying high in that league theres plenty more game to go to recover from this :D

True, but we'll never make the play-offs now. I don't know what McDonald is thinking if we can. After that performance I'd be happy with 10th :rolleyes:.

gosling
10-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Have to agree with Jordie, Yeovil are flying at the moment. And you're only 3 points off the play-offs, have some faith!

Grainger@CUFC
10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Have to agree with Jordie, Yeovil are flying at the moment. And you're only 3 points off the play-offs, have some faith!

Me and faith don't go together in the same sentence mate, I'm probably the most pesimistic Carlisle supporter out there. Yeah, credit to Yeovil though, Russell Slade has done a good job there since he joined.

Jordie
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Lol im like that with luton, although 3 points off the play offs is a much better position than 4th from bottom with almost a whole squad injured

Grainger@CUFC
10-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Lol im like that with luton, although 3 points off the play offs is a much better position than 4th from bottom with almost a whole squad injured

Lol, that's true. Although I'm sure you take advantage of 1-0 leads or getting the better of a situation. If we'd have won toady I think we could have gone 7th :s. Typical us though, get beat when it matters.

Jamie!
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm still shocked at how we ended with a 4-1 defeat lol. Like you said, we controlled the game, even in the 2nd half, just we never had the finishing that Yeovil had.

Ah well, will be an interesting game down at Orient next Saturday now with both teams wanting to bounceback after heavy defeats today!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!