PDA

View Full Version : Shame On Lille!

Titch
20-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Man U Vs Lille

VERY BAD MATCH

2 Riots, 1 stabbing, 1 goal disallowed,1 great goal scored, lille tryed to walk of pitch, weapons been thrown at Man U Players.

FA Statement says they are considering haveing the game behind closed doors without Lille fans or without any fans.

5 Investigations going on above match.

Police Investigation 2.

Manchester United 1 - 0 Lille

brandon
20-02-2007, 09:41 PM
bloody french.

brapbrap
20-02-2007, 09:43 PM
where was it at?

F32
20-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I think Lille have a very valid point; although they took it too far.

Titch
20-02-2007, 09:55 PM
LASTEST UPDATE:

FA are conserding Dissqualifying and BANNING lille from Champions League

Immenseman
20-02-2007, 10:04 PM
They should be kicked out of the champions league. The way them and their fans acted was pathetic.

Scriptermone
20-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Look on the bright side, it was a nice free kick ;]

gosling
20-02-2007, 10:10 PM
LASTEST UPDATE:

FA are conserding Dissqualifying and BANNING lille from Champions LeagueIt's terrible behaviour from the French, not sure about the full details of the violence yet. Disqualification seems appropriate and United are bound to win/draw the 2nd leg anyway, but by 'banning' do you mean from all future European competition? It seems harsh for UEFA to take such action. They'll most probably be playing behind closed doors like Inter & AS Roma were. If they are banned, it'll be for two seasons at the most I reckon...

Shame the trouble and controversy's gonna grab the headlines 'cos Giggsy's free kick was a cracker! :]

Nike
20-02-2007, 10:14 PM
that fat guy coach off lille with the white coat should be sacked.

Was there a stabbing? :o

xoxo

Jamie!
20-02-2007, 10:21 PM
LASTEST UPDATE:

FA are conserding Dissqualifying and BANNING lille from Champions League

Why would The FA be considering banning Lille, they aren't an English team? :s

Anyways, what actually happened, sounds fairly radge?

brandon
20-02-2007, 10:23 PM

Anyways, what actually happened, sounds fairly radge?
I think he means UEFA.

gosling
20-02-2007, 10:28 PM

Anyways, what actually happened, sounds fairly radge?In the first half, French police fired tear gas at United fans forcing them to separate because they were bundled too close together in the lower tier and being crushed against the fences. Then Lille had what appeared to be a perfectly legal goal disallowed but it was ruled out for a push on Vidic. United got a free kick and while Lille were still preparing the wall, Giggsy fired it in. Cue their players leaving the field. They came back on eventually but United's players were being fired at with missiles from the Lille fans. Very hostile atmosphere towards the end and action's likely to be taken against them...

Titch
20-02-2007, 11:07 PM
It's terrible behaviour from the French, not sure about the full details of the violence yet. Disqualification seems appropriate and United are bound to win/draw the 2nd leg anyway, but by 'banning' do you mean from all future European competition? It seems harsh for UEFA to take such action. They'll most probably be playing behind closed doors like Inter & AS Roma were. If they are banned, it'll be for two seasons at the most I reckon...

Shame the trouble and controversy's gonna grab the headlines 'cos Giggsy's free kick was a cracker! :]

I think by banning they mean how you say like 2 seasons without accesss to champions league or sumin.

Also Yes i do Mean UEFA But FA are also doing there own investo as a english team was involed

that fat guy coach off lille with the white coat should be sacked.

Was there a stabbing? :o

xoxo

From What They Say There Was A Mineur stabbing with a plastic fork before the game, nthing rele serious tho

Sparred
20-02-2007, 11:13 PM
It'll be UEFA, anyways poor game i hope the united fans knowck the you know out of lille

Tyed
20-02-2007, 11:18 PM
it's a f'ing joke.. if it is played behind closed doors I better get my money back on the tickets.

@xP
21-02-2007, 12:01 AM
it's a f'ing joke.. if it is played behind closed doors I better get my money back on the tickets.

Why have you got tickets?

simon!
21-02-2007, 03:24 AM
v annoyed with the way the whole match went down tbh. that goal was definetely a dissalowed. no doubt about it. he pushed vidic and van der sar was right to point it out. giggsys goal. wow. amazing. just a little chip in the right hand corner of the goal. fantastic. disgusted by the things being thrown onto the pitch. even fergie was. he couldnt believe it. lille were badly behaved and the fans were even worse. thats not football. they say go to foreign countires to watch real football. thats crap. come to england. its civilised and its passionate. not dangerous. i heard a guy (man u fan) got smacked in the face when he was trying to protect his little boy.

:Hazel
21-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I never saw the game but I heard it was a very bad tempered game and manus goal was disputed by the Lille players aswell :o

OMGitsaROSS
21-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Tbh the FA arent banning lille its UEFA. :L

Ashhizzle
21-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Twas a bit biast, Letting Giggs Take a fast free kick... Lille fans have a right o be angry.

an elderly woman had to be rescued from the MU stand :S

holo-jonny
21-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Terrible match in the end.

The First Half was boring.
But in the second half there was some action but Lille had the upper hand I got to the pint that I would of settled for a draw and then we started to attack a few times and I had a good feeling about that free kick and then we scored.

Anyway, it ended up being terrible at the start Lille had some problem with the seats so UTD fans were climbing other other UTD fans.
And then at the end with the players coming off and then coming back on only for ours to be attacked.

sl4rt is banned
21-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Twas a bit biast, Letting Giggs Take a fast free kick... Lille fans have a right o be angry.

Tbh werent angry they acted like kids walking off plus not biased tbh, the rules let you take a freekick quickly if the wall is still assembling and the ref says do you want it quick or you want the wall to be right ?

Imo that was a very good referee last night
...Shame hes dutch :P

Jordie
21-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Pathetic behaviour who does their manager think he is, i want them thrown out of the competition for that, missiles were being thrown at the players it a disgrace!

@xP
21-02-2007, 03:14 PM

an elderly woman had to be rescued from the MU stand :S

Rofl, obviously you don't know the rules of football! You are ALOUD to take a quick free kcik if the player want to. the wall was in its position so they are aloud to take it quick..

:Hazel
21-02-2007, 03:15 PM
The 2nd leg will be interesting anyway ;)

Browney
21-02-2007, 03:46 PM
It was all legal anyway.

@xP
21-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I can't wait till the next leg should be intresting will there be fans there.
will there be any lille fans?

Browney
21-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I can't wait till the next leg should be intresting will there be fans there.
will there be any lille fans?

Probably. The most devout ones will be there.

Titch
21-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Update:

Currently UEFA Are in Talks but man u are offering re-funds for tickets for the next match as it is highly licky it will be on as its too dangerous for players and fans.

Also UEFA And FA And Man U are looking into the riot!

Browney
21-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Update:

Currently UEFA Are in Talks but man u are offering re-funds for tickets for the next match as it is highly licky it will be on as its too dangerous for players and fans.

Also UEFA And FA And Man U are looking into the riot!

I'm glad they are looking into it.

Frodo13.
21-02-2007, 10:32 PM
This is exactly the behaviour that gives France and the French people a bad reputation. Not being racist, but its been proven that hardly anyone likes the French!!

French + Football = Mardiness....Just look at Arsen Wengar (sp?)

I think people thought it was another Highbourgh Disastor (If your not sure what that is, look on Wikipedia). Perhaps Lille should look in the rulebooks next time and they fully deserve all punishments they recive.

rockstar6
22-02-2007, 08:46 AM
UEFA are talking about replaying the match!!!! Also apparentley Van Der Sar got hit with some tear gas!!

holo-jonny
22-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah Van Der Sar had vision problems of it.

Lille are protesting against our goal now.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/6384665.stm

alexxxxx
22-02-2007, 11:00 AM
I hope Lille do get a replay of this match. >_> I'd be really angry if we'd conceeded a goal like that. No player was ready.

Tristan
22-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Before the wall is set up the referee asks the taker if they want it quick or not and Giggs wanted it quick...
The referee did well.

@xP
22-02-2007, 12:18 PM
;3187366']I hope Lille do get a replay of this match. >_> I'd be really angry if we'd conceeded a goal like that. No player was ready.

Don't you all understand the Rules of football.

If United WANT! to take there free kick quick They ARE aloud. If the wall is in a position and is 10 yards back before the whistle the player can go i want to take a quick free kick!

Its legal... it shouldn't be re played if i goal is offside and it was offside you wouldn't have to replay the game then just because of a silly mistake..

silly information were ever you found the re play

EDIT: Ymo i agree with you

rockstar6
22-02-2007, 12:33 PM
someone bad repped me for saying there might be a rematch read the sun it says it there.

holo-jonny
22-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Don't you all understand the Rules of football.

If United WANT! to take there free kick quick They ARE aloud. If the wall is in a position and is 10 yards back before the whistle the player can go i want to take a quick free kick!

Its legal... it shouldn't be re played if i goal is offside and it was offside you wouldn't have to replay the game then just because of a silly mistake..

silly information were ever you found the re play

EDIT: Ymo i agree with you
it wasnt offside.

The goal was dissalowed because of a push on Vidic.

brandon
22-02-2007, 09:57 PM
it wasnt offside.

The goal was dissalowed because of a push on Vidic.
He said if a goal was offside
not Lille's goal was offside.

Cypher-
23-02-2007, 12:48 AM
dont talk balls shame on lille :S Firstly a football team does not control the emotional actions of its fans, and secondly a team like lille dont get very much going for them. so when a slimy little git like giggs exploits them of course they can be angry, fair enough they shouldnt walk off but i mean it must feel normal they got angry and it was a new experience.

Its unlikely but i hope they get a 2-0 win at old trafford <3

piddle2k6
25-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Shame on lille for throwing there toys out of the pram!!

English rules say you are allowed
French rules say you are not allowed
and this is why there was confusion...

However.. fifa rules say its okay so sorry lille you acted like kids!

WOOOOT MY 500th post

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!