PDA

View Full Version : Who do you support?

-:Undertaker:-
21-02-2007, 06:03 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38851000/jpg/_38851411_logo203.jpg
Old Conservatives ~ Stand for stronger immagration laws, improving schools, UK standing up to the EU

http://customerfirst.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/tory_tree.jpg
New Conservatives ~ Under David Cameron the conservative party has changed, their policys are kind of unknown but many say they are just like a Labour government.

http://hucknalllabourparty.org/images/logo/Rose-1.gif
Labour ~ Think about past ten years and make your mind up ;)

http://www.raisingkids.co.uk/images/news/news_050106_02_large.gif
Liberal Democrats ~ They stand for the enviroment and they say they would higher taxes on some things.

http://www.ehrlesparty.com/images/International/British%20Flag.jpg
BNP + UKIP ~ Stand against immagration, against europe and want an independant britain.

I Personally support the old conservatives like Michael Howard and Maggie Thacter :)

benjamin
21-02-2007, 06:06 PM
i don't know much about any of them, but from what you've said; the first one.

FlyingJesus
21-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Old Conservatives, but as things stand with leaders being as they are presently, UKIP.

Browney
21-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I still see Conservatives as old "fellows" who sip whisky. Bit old fashioned. But that's my opinion. Labour/BNP.

Btw, Give Labour a fair chance. Don't just say think about it.

RedStratocas
21-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Im a liberal I guess, but then again Im not british.

GommeInc
21-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Old Conservatives. Labour has slowly destroyed itself the past years it's been the main party and I've descided I don't like them anymore.

21-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm quite suprised by this, I would expect Old Conservatives to only have a few votes.

Just goes to show David Cameron's Labouservative Party has left a lot of people not likeing the party anymore.

Browney
22-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm quite suprised by this, I would expect Old Conservatives to only have a few votes.

Just goes to show David Cameron's Labouservative Party has left a lot of people not likeing the party anymore.

To succeed you need to move with the times. Shame they are trying to keep up with a party which will spiral once Gordon Brown takes over.

FlyingJesus
22-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Labour's moving right and Conservatives are moving left.. strange the things politicians will try just to look like they're up-to-date.

22-02-2007, 06:41 PM
One day BNP or UKIP will get in because people are sick of these absolute nonsence, personally I can't wait till some Right Wing Conservative Government get's in or UKIP/BNP get's in.

Caution
22-02-2007, 06:42 PM
SNP .

FlyingJesus
22-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Just like the rise of Hitler, only not quite so extreme. Basically it goes;

Normal government > Time of peace > Some people get ****zy about something stupid > Government becomes more liberal to deal with complaints > More people complain > Government becomes even more liberal > People get annoyed at the lenience of government > extremists get more popular > Government messes up with something big > right-wing government comes into power

Browney
22-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Just like the rise of Hitler, only not quite so extreme. Basically it goes;

Normal government > Time of peace > Some people get ****zy about something stupid > Government becomes more liberal to deal with complaints > More people complain > Government becomes even more liberal > People get annoyed at the lenience of government > extremists get more popular > Government messes up with something big > right-wing government comes into power

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened now.

Seacat
22-02-2007, 07:57 PM
I was looking at some statistics about the BNP this morning and judging by them I am almost certain they'll have at least 1 MP in the House of Commons after this years general election - The amount of Councillors they have has fluctuated over the years but at the moment they have record numbers in (117 or 119 I think) which, at a guess, I'd say is due to terrorism and people associating all ethnic minorities with terrorism thus voting for the BNP.

I don't support the Liberals at all - They seem like an old lady party to me thinking they everything can be solved over a cup of tea with some biscuits. Some of the things I agree with but the majority I don't, for example they get less strict on crime (which is why if prisoners were ever allowed to vote I'd guess the Liberals would see an increase in the number of people voting for them :p) and they'd pull all the soldiers out from Iraq which I think would just ruin the progress made over there and all of the soldiers that have died in action over the past few years would have died for nothing.

I'm not sure about Conservatives. I agree with most of their old views under Thatcher e.t.c that crime should be punishable harshly and that we should 'stand up to the EU', although to some extent I think the New Conservatives are intending to stand up to the EU by saying they'd scrap the Human Rights Act, which althuogh I'm not sure I think is linked to the EU. I'm also unsure about the policies David Cameron has, when I watch his speeches he seems to be allover the place, from Liberal "the problem can be solved in families" to the Conservative "we must make harsher sentences" e.t.c. e.t.c.

Labour at the moment would probably get my vote. Despite many scandals their records are pretty good over the last 10 years. They are criticised but I've certainly seen an increase in schools in terms of funding and accessories (e.g. all rooms in my school are now fitted with smart boards and each have a computer), I'm not sure about whether the NHS has got any better or actually got worse, and crime is down. I'm not sure about how they'll go under Brown because I just can't imagine him in Prime Minister's question time arguing with the opposition as good as Tony Blair comes - And if he gets a hammering there every week then that's when things deteriorate. I think he's too shy to be as good a debater as T.B but we'll have to wait and see, I've personally never seen him take questions in the Commons.

I could go on all day but I'll stop now. :p

Browney
22-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I was looking at some statistics about the BNP this morning and judging by them I am almost certain they'll have at least 1 MP in the House of Commons after this years general election - The amount of Councillors they have has fluctuated over the years but at the moment they have record numbers in (117 or 119 I think) which, at a guess, I'd say is due to terrorism and people associating all ethnic minorities with terrorism thus voting for the BNP.

I don't support the Liberals at all - They seem like an old lady party to me thinking they everything can be solved over a cup of tea with some biscuits. Some of the things I agree with but the majority I don't, for example they get less strict on crime (which is why if prisoners were ever allowed to vote I'd guess the Liberals would see an increase in the number of people voting for them :p) and they'd pull all the soldiers out from Iraq which I think would just ruin the progress made over there and all of the soldiers that have died in action over the past few years would have died for nothing.

I'm not sure about Conservatives. I agree with most of their old views under Thatcher e.t.c that crime should be punishable harshly and that we should 'stand up to the EU', although to some extent I think the New Conservatives are intending to stand up to the EU by saying they'd scrap the Human Rights Act, which althuogh I'm not sure I think is linked to the EU. I'm also unsure about the policies David Cameron has, when I watch his speeches he seems to be allover the place, from Liberal "the problem can be solved in families" to the Conservative "we must make harsher sentences" e.t.c. e.t.c.

Labour at the moment would probably get my vote. Despite many scandals their records are pretty good over the last 10 years. They are criticised but I've certainly seen an increase in schools in terms of funding and accessories (e.g. all rooms in my school are now fitted with smart boards and each have a computer), I'm not sure about whether the NHS has got any better or actually got worse, and crime is down. I'm not sure about how they'll go under Brown because I just can't imagine him in Prime Minister's question time arguing with the opposition as good as Tony Blair comes - And if he gets a hammering there every week then that's when things deteriorate. I think he's too shy to be as good a debater as T.B but we'll have to wait and see, I've personally never seen him take questions in the Commons.

I could go on all day but I'll stop now. :p

My my. You know your stuff.

Jazza
22-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I hope nobody says BNP, rascist *******s. Personally, It's New conservative for me. I don't particularly like David Cameron but he is a damn lot better than Tony Blair.

Vodata2
22-02-2007, 10:06 PM
this should be in sport section and i suppose arsenal, man u and chelsea

Caution
22-02-2007, 10:09 PM
this should be in sport section and i suppose arsenal, man u and chelsea
hilarious.

OMGitsaROSS
22-02-2007, 10:10 PM
BNP and UKIP ftw :) but I voted conservatives beacuse they have a real chance

PigsNose
22-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Lib Dem's all the way
*tear rolls down face*

FlyingJesus
22-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Lib Dem's all the way

Ew.    

PigsNose
22-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Ew.

*Screams*
*Throws myself at you, clawing at your face*
NO ONE DISSES THE LIB DEMS!

23-02-2007, 04:31 PM
I hope nobody says BNP, rascist *******s. Personally, It's New conservative for me. I don't particularly like David Cameron but he is a damn lot better than Tony Blair.

BNP aren't racist, I agree some crackpots join the party so they can have a voice in racism.

What the BNP stands for is much more believeable than Labour and Cameron.

DiscoPat
23-02-2007, 05:50 PM
labour for the win

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!