PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea 2 - 1 Arsenal

edible
25-02-2007, 05:14 PM
What a great match, Although Arsenal deserved to win, and they're the true winners (In my heart anyway)
great ref, very..uhm interesting, alot of cards given, match brawl, John Terry hurt.

discuss :}

brandon
25-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, shame.
But you should have posted this in your already made thread..

edible
25-02-2007, 05:16 PM
yes, but the other thread was about predictions and shizzle.

this is more the result ):

velocity
25-02-2007, 05:16 PM
chelsea deserved to win after you knocked out john terry.

edible
25-02-2007, 05:18 PM
i didnt knock him out? LOL

I must admit, Chelsea were very good. I think Arsene Wenger kinda foolish tbh, not putting some experienced players out, or atleast on the bench. Yes the young guns did get them to the final, but experience helps some times.
he had senderos on..and thats it I think...

:alexxTURNER
25-02-2007, 05:19 PM

Arsenal were the better side, and it was an accident
Diaby didn't say OMGZ I R GONNA KNOCK OUT JOHN TERRY.
IMO Arsenal deserved to win.

I must admit, Chelsea were very good. I think Arsene Wenger was a bit of a fool tbh, not putting some experienced players out, or atleast on the bench.
he had senderos on..and thats it I think...

Arsene Wenger didn't put expierienced players on the bench because
they haven't been playing all the way through the CC. He said that he is putting
the youngsters and the players who have been playing all the way through the CC on the bench and he is letting them play, so he is not an idiot tbh. He said that they got Arsenal to the
final so they are playing in the final.

velocity
25-02-2007, 05:20 PM
if they deserved to win, they would have.

edible
25-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I agree tbh.
It was mostly the young players put out, probably not have much experience in a final, and they're the ones who got there. There's a difference.

Young Players v Experienced Players

Rou
25-02-2007, 05:21 PM
im not happy with that atall.

25-02-2007, 05:22 PM
if they deserved to win, they would have.

Not really, remember before in a Man Utd vs Arsenal Fa Cup or Carling cup final, Man utd dominated that game, they deserved to win and then they lost on penalty shootouts.

velocity
25-02-2007, 05:23 PM
im not happy with that atall.
good [:

gosling
25-02-2007, 05:25 PM

I must admit, Chelsea were very good. I think Arsene Wenger was a bit of a fool tbh, not putting some experienced players out, or atleast on the bench.
he had senderos on..and thats it I think...He's not a fool, did it out of respect for the players who had taken Arsenal to the final and that's totally understandable. I mean people will debate what would've happened had the likes of Henry, Rosicky and Gilberto been playing but this lot have knocked out Everton, Liverpool & Spurs, well worth giving them this opportunity. Entertaining and memorable final, anyway.

Rou
25-02-2007, 05:27 PM
good [:
sssh ;]

oh yeah and if people say that Diaby ment to kick Terry wrong.
bbc

Disaster strikes for John Terry in the 56th minute - Diaby's attempted corner clearance accidentally hits him in the face

He's not a fool, did it out of respect for the players who had taken Arsenal to the final and that's totally understandable. I mean people will debate what would've happened had the likes of Henry, Rosicky and Gilberto been playing but this lot have knocked out Everton, Liverpool & Spurs, well worth giving them this opportunity.

Thats what I said ... sort of

edible
Im not saying he's a fool (Yh i did kinda just contradict myself), Im saying what he did was kinda of foolish, What he did was fair, but it may have helped to have 1 or 2 experienced players out, in order for a sub to come on and help.
And yes they did knock the likes of Everton and Liverpool up for them, but it would've made a difference, None the less, they were very good, and arsenal did deserve to win imo.

im an idiot :}

Ashhizzle
25-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I know! lol, 3 red cards in 30 seconds pmsl

Tbh, if they deserved to win, they would have done.

Just jelous aren't you xox

edible
25-02-2007, 05:31 PM
im not jealous? I support Everton.. =/
I just wanted Arsenal to win, which they should've considering they're young players got them to the final.

25-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Im not saying he's a fool (Yh i did kinda just contradict myself), Im saying what he did was kinda of foolish, What he did was fair, but it may have helped to have 1 or 2 experienced players out, in order for a sub to come on and help.
And yes they did knock the likes of Everton and Liverpool up for them, but it would've made a difference, None the less, they were very good, and arsenal did deserve to win imo.

im an idiot :}

It MAY have helped, but why should he put them on the bench?
They didn't help them get to the final, so therefore they shouldn't play
in the final

Also, OMGZ YER I WELL JELUS. Um no, not really
Why would I be jealous?

Rou
25-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Our youngsters did well. Give chelsea alot of problems

edible
25-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes I know, and I totally understand and respect what Wenger did, but like..just a super sub, someone who can come on, and change the game..someone like Henry.

EDIT;; Yes, they did give Chelsea alot of problems, I thought they were outstanding.

Pixel
25-02-2007, 05:35 PM
You can't play the youngsters through out the cup and drop them for the final can you?

I hope Terry gets back soon, You can't blame diaby for it though. What they say about terry is true, he sticks his head where some players are scared to put their foot lol.

Great match though, you can't take our performance away from us we played some fantastic football.

25-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes I know, and I totally understand and respect what Wenger did, but like..just a super sub, someone who can come on, and change the game..someone like Henry.

EDIT;; Yes, they did give Chelsea alot of problems, I thought they were outstanding.

Yeah, i understand where your coming from but Wenger said that if they haven't been playing through the carling cup they will not have a chance even to get on the bench.

sl4rt is banned
25-02-2007, 05:40 PM
i pmsl @ adebayor at the end when he got sent off :P

Hope JT fully recovers quickly, bloody looked nasty (bit random but was that blood or dirt on his face?)

good match overall wanted pens but ahwell :P

Like mourinhio says
its about winning not who played best football

edible
25-02-2007, 05:41 PM
I know, and right on to Wenger, and the players :P
overall, it was a great game, and you could see they worked really hard.

25-02-2007, 05:42 PM
i pmsl @ adebayor at the end when he got sent off :P

Hope JT fully recovers quickly, bloody looked nasty (bit random but was that blood or dirt on his face?)

It was both.
Arsenal played the best football, but chelsea were lucky
and they had drogba to score that header.

Pixel
25-02-2007, 05:48 PM
It was both.
Arsenal played the best football, but chelsea were lucky
and they had drogba to score that header.

Yeah we made chelsea look pritty average in the first half but the turning point was Robben comming on and in a way Terry going off because he didn't offer much to them probably because he was rushed back from an injury

Their first goal though, I know it was very close but on a different day that may have been called offside as the defenders normally get the benefit of the doubt with those

25-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah we made chelsea look pritty average in the first half but the turning point was Robben comming on and in a way Terry going off because he didn't offer much to them probably because he was rushed back from an injury

Their first goal though, I know it was very close but on a different day that may have been called offside as the defenders normally get the benefit of the doubt with those

Yeah, Robben was probably their best player, he turned the game around.
I thought their first goal was offside, it was close but yeah, i thought it was.

edible
25-02-2007, 06:12 PM
i thought it was offside aswell.

Jamie!
25-02-2007, 06:23 PM
their first goal when onside imo. senderos' trailing leg was further back than drogba

sock
25-02-2007, 06:47 PM
11 minutes stoppage time, loll

Jordie
25-02-2007, 07:16 PM
If i was an arsenal surporter i would be gutted right now, chelsea had to play the first 11 because they have no up and coming youngsters like arsenal do, they say wealth isnt everything but in football it is, chelsea were a nothing team before roman ambromivich turned up! Why did adebayor and toure get sent off they didnt do nothing niether did john obi mikel, english football needs a reality check as it is becoming more and more like a womans game each day that goes by!:(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!