PDA

View Full Version : Goal-line technology given the go ahead!

brandon
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6404755.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6404755.stm)
I'm glad it's been accepted. :)

-=Andy=-
03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
same justice will be served for cheats !cos sometimes it costs the match as we saw today everton v shefield utd came of the cross bar went in but u neva no it cud have been disaloud

F32
03-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Technology should play a much larger part in football than it does.

At least this is a start.

holo-jonny
03-03-2007, 06:47 PM
This'll will solve one of the problems in football.

:D

piddle2k6
03-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I can see both points of view... on the plus side it will be great if you get a goal or penalty form it but dont you think it will slow down the game alot? Im not bothered just throwing some questions into the mixer

Pixel
03-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I can see both points of view... on the plus side it will be great if you get a goal or penalty form it but dont you think it will slow down the game alot? Im not bothered just throwing some questions into the mixer

I don't think it will slow down the game by much, if you watch a match on tv they show replays in a matter of seconds after it happened

piddle2k6
03-03-2007, 06:58 PM
MMM yer but it will take adjudicators a while to see if it did croos the line if it was really tight.. I dunno could be good but im not sure.. Depends if it ruins the games flow or not

F32
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
MMM yer but it will take adjudicators a while to see if it did croos the line if it was really tight.. I dunno could be good but im not sure.. Depends if it ruins the games flow or not
4th ref.

See's the action on a TV anywho so it'll take about 5 seconds Max.

Cricket do it, Rugby do it - so why should football be any different?

Jordie
03-03-2007, 08:06 PM

ummm. i with carl on this one , in one way its very good on the other hand it could cause problems

ScouseOrient
03-03-2007, 08:08 PM
also.....

how often do things like this really happen

Youheard
03-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I'd be interested to hear the players points of views on this.

For example with the hawk eye system in place in tennis Rodger Fedderer has often voiced his negative opinion on it.

I believe it's good for football but I can see many refs not wanting to use it.

Judge Judy
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
The man in the van time*+*+*+*+

I like the idea myself :]

If it was the world cup there'd probably be the UN as the 4th referee. that's my imagination lol/

brandon
03-03-2007, 09:22 PM
It wont really disrupt the flow of the game as it says that if they are going to go ahead with these they must be done simultaneously (instantly)

F32
03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
also.....

how often do things like this really happen
Roy Carroll

piddle2k6
04-03-2007, 11:30 AM
LOL i know but what happens if the thing is broken or whatever.. as i said earlier im just trying to show different points of view as im mixed... Perhaps the adidas football with the chip inside would be good? But that mean it could get broken aswell.. Would the fa provide the equipment.. or does it mean cash-strippen clubs have to fork out some much needed cash?

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Using something like hawk eye would be a good idea. Like in Tennis it's always accurate (as FIFA or whoever want).

The regulations they have put down for it are good. The fact it's only used for goal line decisions will mean no prevention of the flow of the game, along with the fact it's instant and only given to the referees. At least we won't have an ice hockey style buzzer going off every time the ball crosses the line :rolleyes:.

piddle2k6
04-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Yer i guess lol but after they introduce this i expect people will want them to introduce it for penalties offsides etc... That may slow it down

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Yer i guess lol but after they introduce this i expect people will want them to introduce it for penalties offsides etc... That may slow it down

Well there's no point for offsides, that's what the linesmen are for :P, even if they do get it occasionally wrong.

Also, I think people wouldn't really want it for anything else other than the goal line. Fans and players won't want too much of a stop-start game. Football is meant to be a flowing, constant game and the vast majority of people will want to keep it that way.

brandon
04-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Using something like hawk eye would be a good idea. Like in Tennis it's always accurate (as FIFA or whoever want).

The regulations they have put down for it are good. The fact it's only used for goal line decisions will mean no prevention of the flow of the game, along with the fact it's instant and only given to the referees. At least we won't have an ice hockey style buzzer going off every time the ball crosses the line :rolleyes:.
I wouldn't mind a buzzer aslong as it worked, only reason it's annoying on Hockey is because it goes in a hell of a lot more.

Jamie!
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
dunno if i'd want it used like.. once they start using it for goal line decisiosn, people will start insisting it to be used for offsides and then onto tackles and it will just take the enjoyment right out of football

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't mind a buzzer aslong as it worked, only reason it's annoying on Hockey is because it goes in a hell of a lot more.

Well in ice hockey I suppose it's harder to see the puck hit the back of the net, hence their use of the buzzer. In football everyone can see so there would be no need really.

-=Andy=-
04-03-2007, 07:30 PM
they shud happen in all sports with goals !!! well with any distributes anyway towards complaints:@

:Hazel
05-03-2007, 10:09 AM
all i can say is about bloody time !

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!