PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 1-1 Oldham

Grainger@CUFC
03-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Yet another bad game, with two poor sides coming up against each other. We didn't look with it from the start and Oldham deservedly took the lead on 13 minutes through Chris Taylor. Taylor was booked for his over-exaggerated celebration with the Oldham fans.

After this, Oldham seemed to fade away and didn't create many more chances throughout. Danny Graham had to be substituted just after half time because of a dead calf that hadn't worn off.

Taylor was rapturosly booed from the Carlisle fans every time he got the ball after two instances of diving that weren't taken further by the referee. In my view he should have been sent off, especially as he'd already been booked!

Carlisle got the equaliser from a set piece for once :rolleyes:. A free kick on the left, just outside of the area was chipped in by Zigor Aranalde and Derek Holmes was there to slot the ball into the bottom corner on 87 minutes.

Carlisle: Westwood, Raven, Livesey, Murphy, Aranalde, Gall, Lumsdon, Thirlwell, Johann Smith (Joyce 72), Graham (Holmes 54), Garner.
Subs Not Used: Williams, Gray, Arnison.
Booked: Aranalde.
Goals: Holmes 87.

Oldham: Pogliacomi, Eardley, Gregan, Haining, Charlton, Liddell, Wellens, Rocastle (McDonald 85), Taylor, Warne, Clarke.
Subs Not Used: Blayney, Pearson, Smalley, Lomax.
Booked: Taylor, Liddell, Wellens, Warne.
Goals: Taylor 13.
Att: 7,951

piddle2k6
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Unlucky carlisle i would have put money on you winning as i believe that oldham are a good side but in really abd form at the moment. I see you have millwall next week.. Might struggle to get a win there as they are in good form at the moment. although all form has to coem to an end at some time! good luck coz no one likes millwall!

Grainger@CUFC
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Unlucky carlisle i would have put money on you winning as i believe that oldham are a good side but in really abd form at the moment. I see you have millwall next week.. Might struggle to get a win there as they are in good form at the moment. although all form has to coem to an end at some time! good luck coz no one likes millwall!

The writing was on the wall for us to get beat in my view :P. Oldham had been beaten 4 times on the trot and had a new striker in on loan. Plus Chris Porter hadn't scored for about 6 games. Ah well, a draw's good enough against a team like Oldham :).

We will definitely struggle against Millwall. They caused us trouble up here earlier in the season and beat us 2-1. Could realistically see us getting hammered down there :(.

ScouseOrient
03-03-2007, 06:36 PM

erm....

5-2?

piddle2k6
03-03-2007, 06:41 PM
When i say good form like us they won 6/10 of our last games.. they're not unbeatable i never sid they wernt but they have good form not amazing form...

Jordie
03-03-2007, 08:03 PM
thats a good result against them, they're a side flying high at the moment :D

Jamie!
03-03-2007, 11:29 PM
suprised at the attendance like, looked like there was alot more over in the paddock than normal, and a big away following..

was a very **** game like, up until the 87th min anyways :D

we'll probs get beat of millwall on saturday cause of one reason.. i'm going!

piddle2k6
04-03-2007, 11:37 AM
:o good luck. when i went to millwall i got to take a penalty on the pitch at half time.. Of course i scored :) I think that millwall have improved so much since the beginning of the season so i think it will be ahrd for you to pull out a result.. We have blackpool on tuesday night away which could be tricky although they did draw 2-2 with gillingham yesterday and then on satruday we have fellow strugglers northampton away

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
suprised at the attendance like, looked like there was alot more over in the paddock than normal, and a big away following..

was a very **** game like, up until the 87th min anyways :D

we'll probs get beat of millwall on saturday cause of one reason.. i'm going!

Lol, always seems to be the way doesn't it :rolleyes:.

I heard there was something like 1600 Oldham fans :o, they certainly made enough noise! Don't know if that figure was true, but if it wasn't they certainly made themselves heard.

Jamie!
04-03-2007, 12:35 PM
just a shame they can't have been at the game at their place because there fans were non-exsistent there

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 12:36 PM
just a shame they can't have been at the game at their place because there fans were non-exsistent there

That's exactly what my mate said yesterday :). Apparently we were doing all of the singing down there. A total reversal then because, to be honest, our fans were virtually non-existant yesterday :rolleyes:. Well, compared to the usual amounts of singing anyway.

Jamie!
04-03-2007, 12:46 PM
we were, there was 1,800 of us down there and everyone was singing

the biggest noise they made was when the teams came out and they done that 'chaddy roar' thingy, but still, credit to them cause they got behind the team all through the game yesterday.. and i agree about our home support, its been ******** this season

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
its been ******** this season

And McDonald wanted 10000 yesterday. Ha :rolleyes:.

Jamie!
04-03-2007, 12:53 PM
lol, we'll never get 10,000 until the games against brizzle city and swansea if we're still in the hunt for a play-off spot

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
lol, we'll never get 10,000 until the games against brizzle city and swansea if we're still in the hunt for a play-off spot

True, we probably won't even get 10,000 then knowing our fickle lot. I hate those fans that only go to the so called "big" games. No loyalty.

Anyway, McDonald must have been off his rocker if he thought we could get anywhere near 10,000 yesterday, especially after the football we played the previous home game against Chesterfield.

Jamie!
04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
True, we probably won't even get 10,000 then knowing our fickle lot. I hate those fans that only go to the so called "big" games. No loyalty.

Anyway, McDonald must have been off his rocker if he thought we could get anywhere near 10,000 yesterday, especially after the football we played the previous home game against Chesterfield.

true, they should be coming to most games if they are gunna bother to turn up for just the big games.. but still, they are putting their money into the club and getting behind the team, albeit if it's only for a couple of games a season :P

Grainger@CUFC
04-03-2007, 01:13 PM
true, they should be coming to most games if they are gunna bother to turn up for just the big games.. but still, they are putting their money into the club and getting behind the team, albeit if it's only for a couple of games a season :P

True, but would you rather have, say £30 from an adult for 2 games or however much it is for an adult season ticket :P. Plus, the people that only go to the finals, that really does my nut in.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!