PDA

View Full Version : How to Punish Terrorists

T0M
10-03-2007, 10:17 PM
How do you think the police and other authorities should punish terrorists they capture and suspected terrorists, ill do poll so please vote AND post dont just vote =)

thanks alot

I personally think they should be executed, if they are going to try and kill big numbers of innocent people, rather lose 1 scummy life, than 50 innocents.

Mentor
10-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Bah, all the terroism thing is, is an excuse to remove our rights and libety. We had more terrorism from the Irland back in that conflict than weve ever had in realition to iraq or the middle east, the cathlic V protistant thing lead to many more bombs and much more death.
This current conlfict is just being blown out of proportion.

Terrosits are just like any other criminal, They should be treated as such, and procecuted under the law if they have commited a crime.
We shouldnt just destroy the entire foundation of freedom the uk is based on and give the govement the power to arrest people and detain them when they havent commited a crime. Dictatorships dont appeal to me.

T0M
10-03-2007, 10:34 PM
So you would rather allow someone, who publicly wants to set off a nail bomb next to your mum/sister/wife to stay in your country and be out on streets again in say 10 years, than put a bulllet in them and be done with it

DiscoPat
10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Put them in prison, if you kill them, then your just as bad as them.

T0M
10-03-2007, 10:39 PM

Not quite as bad, as they want to kill large numbers of innocent people, killing them would be 1 evil life =)

Also if we put them in prison, we gotta pay for their living, their food, their drink they cell

Mentor
10-03-2007, 10:40 PM
So you would rather allow someone, who publicly wants to set off a nail bomb next to your mum/sister/wife to stay in your country and be out on streets again in say 10 years, than put a bulllet in them and be done with it
Id rather live in a free country, than one where the government can send someone in to your home at night and arrest you, then detain you for life without trial, just because they disagree with your beliefs or think you may be dangerous.
If you want that head of to your nearest dictatorship. I personally dont take soviet russia as my ideal society.

A terrorist is just another criminal, we already have everything in place to deal with it. Abusing the situation to give certain corrupt individuals more power doesnt appeal to me. Sinking to the level of being little better than one of the terrorists myself also doesn't appeal to me.

GommeInc
10-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Not quite as bad, as they want to kill large numbers of innocent people, killing them would be 1 evil life =)

Also if we put them in prison, we gotta pay for their living, their food, their drink they cell
So you would admit that if you killed a terrorist, you agree that you, yourself should be punished, and if not killed because you have done a crime which is, at the end of the day, just as bad?

T0M
10-03-2007, 10:45 PM
So you would admit that if you killed a terrorist, you agree that you, yourself should be punished, and if not killed because you have done a crime which is, at the end of the day, just as bad?

I disagree that killing 1 terrorist is the same as mass murder of innocents but yea, if i had the chance i would personally kill as many terrorists as possible to defend my friends/family

Mentor
10-03-2007, 10:47 PM
I disagree that killing 1 terrorist is the same as mass murder of innocents but yea, if i had the chance i would personally kill as many terrorists as possible to defend my friends/family

SO how are you better? After all isnt that why the terrorists are doing this to start with?
So if you could, you would strap a bomb to yourself, and run in to a crowed of terrorists to "protect" you friends family. Wow, you sound so much like you have the moral high ground on this one...

T0M
10-03-2007, 10:49 PM
No i would do it by bomb, even though i understand where your coming from, but the main difference between me and a terrorist is this

They try to kill as many innocent people as possible
I only think terrorists who have tried to/commited a act of terrorism

Mentor
10-03-2007, 10:54 PM
No i would do it by bomb, even though i understand where your coming from, but the main difference between me and a terrorist is this

They try to kill as many innocent people as possible
I only think terrorists who have tried to/commited a act of terrorism
We to most of these terrorists, invaded there country (in some cases), killed 10's of thousands of innocent people.

There are 2 sides to every story, weather we want to accept it or not. Evil is a flawed concept. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

GommeInc
10-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Uh huh... So you admit you should kill yourself, for being an anti-terrorist.

So you would protect your friends and family, even though the likely hood of them coming in contact with a terrorist attack is minimal, kill yourself by blowing yourself up, making them cry at your funeral, isa good thing? Wow, killing yourself to make your friends and family sad... What a nice life you have.

bo$$
10-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Exactly :)
Why kill someone to show that killing people is wrong?

T0M
10-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I WOULD NOT KILL MYSELF
Dont know where you got that from, i wouldnt suicide like a terrorist does, i would use a gun or another form of weapon.

GommeInc
10-03-2007, 11:02 PM
I WOULD NOT KILL MYSELF
Dont know where you got that from, i wouldnt suicide like a terrorist does, i would use a gun or another form of weapon.

*cough*

You're just trying to make yourself look big, by saying you would kill terrorist (how you would find out they are is a different matter). I bet your first plan is to go to every Muslim Temple and shoot the snot out of them? Uh yes, that's a good plan for such a violent, anti-social person like you.

Mentor
10-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I WOULD NOT KILL MYSELF

The problem here, is youd be shot by a police sniper in a matter of seconds, the aria would be evacuated, and there would have been no point.
They only use suicide bombing because its the only possible way they can do it, the fact there willing to die shows there conviction, far more than you have it sounds.

They may be fighting a corrupt cause, but there intentions are pure, if they were not, they wouldnt be doing it. The people blowing themselves up, are still people, with familys, friends and a life. There not some evil monsters who just want to kill people for fun. Calling them terrorists is just a way of dehumanizing them, so people can more easy justify killing each other.

T0M
10-03-2007, 11:05 PM
*cough*

You're just trying to make yourself look big, by saying you would kill terrorist (how you would find out they are is a different matter). I bet your first plan is to go to every Muslim Temple and shoot the snot out of them? Uh yes, that's a good plan for such a violent, anti-social person like you.

that was meanna be wouldnt lol sorry typo,
1) i aint anti scoial thanks
2) you said muslim temple not me so whos steroetyping muslims eh :p
3) i said if i had the chance to kill a terrorist, didnt say id go out deliberately looking for them

I dont see how you can justify terrorist's actions tbh

Mentor
10-03-2007, 11:10 PM
3) i said if i had the chance to kill a terrorist, didnt say id go out deliberately looking for them

i dont see how you can justify killing people, the two seem to be pretty much the same thing to me as well.

GommeInc
10-03-2007, 11:11 PM

1. Must be, if you feel the need to kill senselessly, ask questions later.
2. Muslim, or Islam is a religion... They go to a Muslim Temple to worship their God(s). It is like saying a Christian goes to church. Also, I was hinting your dumb enough to kill anyone who is of the muslim faith, when only a very, VERY small proportion are the extremist muslims, that are terrorists in some circimstances. If you bothered reading my post, you would notice I said you wouldn't know who is a terrorist and who isn't, which then goes to me assuming that you're daft enough to kill anyone of the Muslim Faith.
3. So why strongly hint this then?

T0M
10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
1. Must be, if you feel the need to kill senselessly, ask questions later.
2. Muslim, or Islam is a religion... They go to a Muslim Temple to worship their God(s). It is like saying a Christian goes to church. Also, I was hinting your dumb enough to kill anyone who is of the muslim faith, when only a very, VERY small proportion are the extremist muslims, that are terrorists in some circimstances. If you bothered reading my post, you would notice I said you wouldn't know who is a terrorist and who isn't, which then goes to me assuming that you're daft enough to kill anyone of the Muslim Faith.
3. So why strongly hint this then?

Ok since you're obviously so incapable of having a discussion without trying to insult me thread closed.

Thanks to evryone else for your comments =) been interesting

benjamin
10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
torture them.

GommeInc
10-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Ok since you're obviously so incapable of having a discussion without trying to insult me thread closed.

Pointing out the obvious ;) You're just an anti-terrorist who, taking your advice, should be treated like you think any other terrorist should be treated. Death, by bomb/gun. ;)

Mentor
10-03-2007, 11:17 PM

If you cant even defend your own views, you really have no validation in holding that view. Which is pretty pathetic if your then going to try and convince other people to come over to it. Just because your argument hasnt been one over, and instead has come under fire, doesnt mean you should run away from it. Ether respond to the comments or admit your wrong.

Kymux
10-03-2007, 11:19 PM
the government likes terrorism, it keeps people scared, and scared people do what theyre told

T0M
10-03-2007, 11:19 PM
If you cant even defend your own views, you really have no validation in holding that view. Which is pretty pathetic if your then going to try and convince other people to come over to it. Just because your argument hasnt been one over, and instead has come under fire, doesnt mean you should run away from it. Ether respond to the comments or admit your wrong.

im happy to defend my views, just not if your gonna start insulting me, i havent insulted anybody so why should i be insulted :l I aint calling you stuff because of what you think, i disagree but i dont call you stuff do I?
Now whos anti-social

Also closed for good now, as G0m has -repped me for my opinion, i got no interest in discussing something with somebody who does that because somebody has a different opinion

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!