PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Habbo Hotel.uk going down hill?

preppy08
12-08-2004, 03:59 AM
I have been a member of habbo hotel.uk for 3 yrs now. AND IT HAS NEVER BEEN THIS BAD!
PRINCESSMINNY QUITTING!!?!? shes the best hobba!
ever since jibbi became manager habbo hotel wantsd more money.
When Ione was manager, he gave 5 free credits and colored hair was free. Then he quit, and Jibbi became manager. AND GESS WHAT! BYE BYE FREE COLORED HAIR!
she made "habbo club" I tghink that is so unfair for everyone else who can't get it.
I don't blame the peopel protesting in the hallway. I think it was an aweosme idea. They have a free will. I can't wait untill Habbo Hotel.US opens!
JIBBI WON'T RUIN IT!:)

Thread closed by Robbie! (Forum Super Moderator): Due to bump

SkaKid77
12-08-2004, 09:34 AM
i thought hc was out before jibbi became manager?

cityboi
12-08-2004, 09:36 AM
yes its ANOTHER hate the jibbi post

since that they do get all out money they shud update the servers a lot more

Mentor
12-08-2004, 11:33 PM
as a partl;y on topic point, i realy do hate the idea of HC, i personly think it should be removed as it litray trying to build a class syestm in to habbo and alot of hc mebers are rich people who now go around thionking there better than non hc members, althogh that is a genralitiomn and does not apply to evryone.

-Soro-
13-08-2004, 10:02 AM
as a partl;y on topic point, i realy do hate the idea of HC, i personly think it should be removed as it litray trying to build a class syestm in to habbo and alot of hc mebers are rich people who now go around thionking there better than non hc members, althogh that is a genralitiomn and does not apply to evryone.

Generalisation? That's exactly what it is, which makes your whole point completely invalid. HC won't be going anywhere...

evect
13-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Habbo Hotel is a business. Every business is out to earn money. When Jibbi become Manager of Habbo there was alot more people joining habbo. That means the more people, the more server costs. So Jibbi needed a plan to get extra money. So thats why HC was introduced. No one is forcing you to buy HC or furniture it's just there so that people who want to buy it can. If everything was free, Habbo wouldn't make any profit and because of server costs and costs of running the website they would lose money quicker than they are earning it. Therefore, habbo would have to shut down. I hope I helped you :)

Mentor
13-08-2004, 03:03 PM
just as a side note, if you consider how much habbo makes and teh server costs, haboo is makeing a huge profit, and the servers still end up being laggy and slow alot of the time.

-Soro-
13-08-2004, 03:11 PM
just as a side note, if you consider how much habbo makes and teh server costs, haboo is makeing a huge profit, and the servers still end up being laggy and slow alot of the time.

Ok, so the servers are a little laggy... Can you suggest a better server? It's not just a matter of clicking your finger and transferring from Sulake to whatever... things take time. There isn't much choice when it comes to servers that can hold 10,000+ plus people 24/7 AND ones which support Shockwave. What I'm saying is things are a lot more complicated when you're in the hotel manager's shoes.

Jseb
13-08-2004, 04:43 PM

Also dont u think that few ppl behind the door are working! but what working for free??? I will in do this for free working a lots of time on this! well they will be poor u know they need money to provide sulake found, server, feed family!! Wow how much his costing to feed a familly??? Well its about 30 000$ canadian (not sure just a estimation) by year guest what they his about at least 10 habbo staff that we know sulake staff i think its 80 staff member wow that a lots!!! :S see i think they need a lots of money! to feed their self!

evect
13-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Habbo Hotel was created by sulake. Do you know how much sulake asked for Habbo Hotel?! No? Well I do! Over 1,000,000! 1 million! Now thats alot. They had to pay also for website hosts, servers costs & more! Now thats alot. So the next time you think 'habbo is scamming us for credits' think now much money they spent to make habbo!

jd25
13-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Also dont u think that few ppl behind the door are working! but what working for free??? I will in do this for free working a lots of time on this! well they will be poor u know they need money to provide sulake found, server, feed family!! Wow how much his costing to feed a familly??? Well its about 30 000$ canadian (not sure just a estimation) by year guest what they his about at least 10 habbo staff that we know sulake staff i think its 80 staff member wow that a lots!!! :S see i think they need a lots of money! to feed their self!

Dude 30,000 to feed a family try more like 60-70,000 to survive 1 year and i live in usa so thats usd

lol i like the old servers they were way better

Mentor
13-08-2004, 11:38 PM
takeing in to account habbos in the uk, therfor £ not $ and that a £ is roghtly 1.80 $, so owulnt 30 000 being be closer to being correct, and keep in mind habbo pulls in osme major cash.

wishkah
14-08-2004, 12:11 AM
but without hc, there would be no rare value etc and funri would be worth less making ppl pay less. so thats y hc is needed. i do remember back in the golden days.i was on habbo wen i jusstarted, lots stuf was free. i preferd it. was amazing. rooms didnt come down to how much u own. ione!!!ur loverly. where haveu gone?

Mish
14-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Habbo needs to support itself somehow. There is no fee or CD you need to pay or buy to play Habbo, and since Habbo is becoming very popular, they cannot keep the website running on sponsors and all that jazz alone. So Habbo charges for extra, unnessasary things such as Habbo Club.

xJoeYx
14-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Ione was still manager when HC was created. I totally agree - Jibbi is in it for the money! all of em are, they dont giv a stuff about us unless we stop buying credz, their more interested in the other 20 hotels being made!
HAY who else remembers the special deals Ione used to do? buy 10 creds and get 10 creds free, that was amazing, Jibbi did managers special - which honestly shucked diddnt it? Jibbi also hasnt given us out free stuff for her B*day which is a major difference. without Ione we wouldnt have our beloved club sofa and thrones

-Soro-
14-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Habbo needs to support itself somehow. There is no fee or CD you need to pay or buy to play Habbo, and since Habbo is becoming very popular, they cannot keep the website running on sponsors and all that jazz alone. So Habbo charges for extra, unnessasary things such as Habbo Club.

HC hasn't just come in and 'charged' everyone Mish, everyone has the option whether they want to buy it or not. If you haven't got HC and you don't like HC then how does it effect you? Is it jealousy? And Joey, do you expect Hotel staff to work for free?!?

MangoJ
14-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I have been a member of habbo hotel.uk for 3 yrs now. AND IT HAS NEVER BEEN THIS BAD!
When Ione was manager, he gave 5 free credits and colored hair was free. Then he quit, and Jibbi became manager. AND GESS WHAT! BYE BYE FREE COLORED HAIR!
she made "habbo club" I tghink that is so unfair for everyone else who can't get it.
I don't blame the peopel protesting in the hallway. I think it was an aweosme idea. They have a free will. I can't wait untill Habbo Hotel.US opens!
Well, if you were on habbo for 3 years, how come you have not figured out that ione is not a he, ione is a she! Jibbi has gotten the blame for the hotel to change in some ways that are bad, but it is not her fault, Jibbi does not make the prices, habbo ltd. does! Cut some slack, it is a growwing buissness, think of being in their shoes... (P.S. I know Jibbi makes decisions for habbo, but she is not the only one making all the deciding for habbo...)

Xhabboer
16-08-2004, 09:39 PM
I dont care why they charge so much for credits or anything but OMG! If they wernt ready to face these battles of scriptors and hackers and all kinds of stuff. They shouldnt of made habbo hotel. Oh yeah ur saying oh blah blah about millions and stuff for habbo hotel. If they were dumb enough topay a million dollar to get habbo hotel made without having that money they shouldnt of got it done. If someone was ball parking making me the game i wanted to create and if they said a million bucks I would be like... Hmm.
I'll come back to u in about 10 years when i have that money. Never buy anything off credit.

Concentric
16-08-2004, 10:49 PM
guys the whole point of habbo is to make money, so i dont know why you are concerned about how much it costs to feed the habbo staff or whatever else you were on-about. Yes habbo makes a huge profit - thats the idea! :eusa_wall :eusa_wall

Arcanum
17-08-2004, 03:23 AM
guys the whole point of habbo is to make money, so i dont know why you are concerned about how much it costs to feed the habbo staff or whatever else you were on-about. Yes habbo makes a huge profit - thats the idea! :eusa_wall :eusa_wall

I say again, Habbo is a business not a charity. Habbo is a successful business and only a handful of habbos don't enjoy it and instead find amusement in complaining about the prices!
Accept it and move on!!

dj-ally
17-08-2004, 01:46 PM
YES THE HOTEL IS GOING DOWN HILL !!!!!!!!!!!! GOODNESS GRACIOUS THE PRICE OF CREDS ARE RIDICULOUS. :o

Edited: By happypunk101 just fixing spelling

-Soro-
17-08-2004, 02:29 PM
YES THE HOTEL IS GOING DOWN HILL !!!!!!!!!!!! GOD THE PRIES OF CREDS ARE REDICOULOUS :o

They have always been the same price so why is it suddenly going down hill? Like concentric said, Habbo need to make money and it's a business like every other company in the money making circuit... Don't hate the player, hate the game.

jinxii
20-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Habbo Hotel was created by sulake. Do you know how much sulake asked for Habbo Hotel?! No? Well I do! Over 1,000,000! 1 million! Now thats alot. They had to pay also for website hosts, servers costs & more! Now thats alot. So the next time you think 'habbo is scamming us for credits' think now much money they spent to make habbo!

One million isn't actually a fantastic amount of money, especially when a big business is concerned, and I'm surprised Sulake didn't ask a bit more for it. Habbo Hotel has hundreds of thousands of players, worldwide, some who spend hundreds of pounds/dollars. Habbo does make a lot but a most of it goes on, as it has been pointed out, staff and servers etc. and I know the creator of Habbo (I think her name is Dee Edwards or something) made a LOT of money selling her idea because people recognised it's potential to make money.

If you think the prices of credits are ridiculous - don't buy them. Habbo will never lower the price, unless people stop buying credits altogether, and that will never happen. If you don't like the idea of Habbo Club - don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

happypunk101
21-08-2004, 07:12 PM
i have nothing to say at all but you go on on your freewill no ones making u

Dragorn
16-08-2009, 01:06 PM

Good job she isnt manager anymore

Edited by Catzsy [Forum Super Moderator]: Please do not bump old threads.

Feep
16-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Jibbi was awesome when I use tp play habbo

Dippindonut1
16-08-2009, 02:05 PM
This made me 'lol' in real life when I read it. Even back then in what people now call 'the best Habbo years' people were complaining about how Habbo is going down hill. I especially lol'd when I read about people not happy about Habbo Club, because this is one of the main good features of Habbo now!

The point is, people will always complain about Habbo and most likely if Habbo is still around in 4 - 5 years, people will say this BETA update was one of the best things that have happened to Habbo.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!