PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some cricket gear.

F32
19-03-2007, 07:42 PM
So, my season is starting up soon [both infirmary and mens] and I need some new cricket gear; pads, gloves, helmet, bag etc.

If you can recommend me some cricket gear that'd be great.

Bearing in mind that I'm 15 and 6"1' and 12 stone, I think.

Thanks.

rockstar6
19-03-2007, 08:03 PM
If you have got a sports world near you go in there for a helmet, slazenger helmut mens 17.99 bargain, i wud go to tony pryce/intersport for the resst.

Jamie!
19-03-2007, 08:13 PM
a box! erm.. just the obvious really, helmet, pads, gloves, thigh pad, arm pad, whites, cricket shoes with the spikes.

Guttridge
19-03-2007, 08:55 PM
some boxing gloves

F32
19-03-2007, 09:07 PM
a box! erm.. just the obvious really, helmet, pads, gloves, thigh pad, arm pad, whites, cricket shoes with the spikes.
i meant, brands and makes - i obviously know all that :P

some boxing gloves
shut up.

Jamie!
19-03-2007, 09:10 PM
aha.. i don't know any apart from slazenger, soz!

Grainger@CUFC
20-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Just go for anything by any of the big brand names, their stuff is always good. I've got mostly GM stuff, but that's just my preference :). Also you should go for a Short Handle or Long Handle bat if you need one. I use Short Handle, but then again, I'm about 3 inches shorter than you :rolleyes:.

Jordie
20-03-2007, 09:13 PM
So, my season is starting up soon [both infirmary and mens] and I need some new cricket gear; pads, gloves, helmet, bag etc.

If you can recommend me some cricket gear that'd be great.

Bearing in mind that I'm 15 and 6"1' and 12 stone, I think.

Thanks.

a bat would be the best bet:)

Albion
20-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Gunn and moore is probably best for pads and stuff, but i prefer slazenger pads because they're comfy :)

www.cricketdirect.com (http://www.cricketdirect.com) - thats a good place to browse some fo the stuff

http://www.cricketdirect.com/acatalog/Ballistic_Cricket_Bats.html - really nice bat but very expensive.

http://www.cricketdirect.com/acatalog/Genesis.html - nice bat and you can get some of that type pretty cheap if your not wanting to spend too much

unless you play alot and are very good i would nt recomend spending more than 60/70 quid on a bat, i normally only spend around 40 on mine

oh and with bats, try to get english willow reather than kashmir willow, kashmir willow is a pile of crap

F32
20-03-2007, 09:21 PM
a bat would be the best bet:)
shut the hell up with your ******* sarcastic ******* comments you ******* ******.

you are not funny, AT ALL.

as for david, thanks a bunch - +rep.

i play at least 2 times a week and am opener for infirmary team.

yey - £180 for all the stuff exc. bat although I might purchase one.

I'm going with all Slaz stuff.

Soka
25-03-2007, 10:14 AM
er one of my mates plays for county so he plays like twice a week i think he got his own grey nicholas bat for a present (very expensive)

for clothes - canterbury
gloves - kookaburra

and everything else; pads etc. - slazenger

;) you can probably get most of that stuff from JJB

Edited by Youheard (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump old threads - thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!