PDA

View Full Version : carlisle 5-0 gillingham

Jamie!
24-03-2007, 05:43 PM
gan onnnnn!

can't believe we actually scored 5 goals in one game with the way we have been playing lately.. thought the gills were going to get back in it tbh, but as soon as their lad got sent off, that was never going to happen and we just took advantage of the extra man from then on!

ah well, still 6pts of the play-offs i think now, but if we can carry on todays solid peformance into friday nights crucial game down at tranmere, we could easily get ourselves right back into contention.

fairly good support from the gillingham fans n all, think there was only 200odd but thats still decent for a 7hr journey up here, got behind their lads aswell for most of the game.

Jordie
24-03-2007, 05:46 PM
gan onnnnn!

can't believe we actually scored 5 goals in one game with the way we have been playing lately.. thought the gills were going to get back in it tbh, but as soon as their lad got sent off, that was never going to happen and we just took advantage of the extra man from then on!

ah well, still 6pts of the play-offs i think now, but if we can carry on todays solid peformance into friday nights crucial game down at tranmere, we could easily get ourselves right back into contention.

yeah great result, tranmere lost 2-0 to bournemouth today so you will most likely get something out of that game:D

sock
24-03-2007, 06:09 PM
lol i was bal boy at county today 2-7 to rochdale lolzerz.

Jordie
24-03-2007, 06:11 PM
lol i was bal boy at county today 2-7 to rochdale lolzerz.

lol i saw that, 4-0 up werent they then it was 4-2 then county lost it from then on lolz:P

Jamie!
24-03-2007, 06:15 PM
glenn murray & rundle both scored for rochdale.. two former carlisle players [:

Grainger@CUFC
24-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow. 5 goals in a game! That's the first time we've scored more than 1 for a few weeks, never mind 5 :). Plus, we scored direct from a free kick for once as well :rolleyes:. Even though, that really should have been dealt with by the wall, right underneath, Ronaldinho-esque from Peter Murphy :P.

Gillingham hit the bar before getting Mark bentley sent off for a second-bookable. He could have easily been sent off for his first challenge on Westwood, way after the keeper had collected the ball.

4 goals in 10 minutes sealed the game for us. Luke Joyce with his first for the club, a brilliant header after a good run into the box to get on the end of Jeff Smith's cross. Another cross from Smith made Carlisle's 3rd goal when Kev Gall bundled the ball home after Jackman failed to deal with it. Johann Smith won a dubious penalty (seemed outside the box to me, but we'll take it :P) for the 4th goal which was slotted home by Danny Graham. Graham got his second, and Carlisle's fifth in the 90th minute when he rose first to Kev Gall's cross.

Not the best display by us, but we came up against a Gillingham side who, to be honest, never looked like scoring and couldn't capitalise on the very few chances they had.

As Jamie said, it's another 3 points, although we're still six points off the play-offs. Plus, Blackpool have a game in hand. Should still be a tough game on Friday night, even though Tranmere got beat today. Got to keep the confidence from this game up and we should be able to get a result :).

Carlisle: Westwood, Raven, Livesey, Murphy, Aranalde, Thirlwell (Lumsdon 85), Joyce (Vipond 88), Jeff Smith, Graham, Gall, Holmes (Johann Smith 77).
Subs Not Used: Howarth, Gray.

Booked: Joyce.
Goals: Murphy 14, Joyce 81, Gall 83, Graham 89 pen, 90.

Gillingham: Larrieu, Southall, Johnson, Sancho, Jackman, Tonge, Bentley, Bastians, Stone (Flynn 75), Mulligan, McDonald (Ndumbu-Nsungu 66).
Subs Not Used: Cox, Easton, Chorley.
Sent Off: Bentley (73).
Booked: Bentley, Johnson.

Att: 6,087.

sl4rtzz
24-03-2007, 09:06 PM
[B]*Removed* m8 dont embarass mah team in a thread title pls :P

yeh i know bloody hell before bentley got sent off sounded a good game on bbc kent 4 goals in 9 minutes though :'(

thought it would be a tight game tbh

Edited by Youheard (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

brandon
24-03-2007, 09:08 PM
lol I wonder if a Carlisle fan left on 79 minutes, oh what a suprise he would have been in for.

Jamie!
25-03-2007, 11:13 AM
brandon, i seen some leaving on 54min, then the people who usually sit behind us left at half-time saying 'i'm not watching the shower of ****!'.. gutted for them though :D

thought for the first time in ages, we dominated in midfield too.. thirlwell & joyce seem to be making a decent partnership. still think raven is a bit out of his depth though.

grainger, you know who got man of the match? i missed the new tannoy guy reading it out..

Jordie
25-03-2007, 11:18 AM
brandon, i seen some leaving on 54min, then the people who usually sit behind us left at half-time saying 'i'm not watching the shower of ****!'.. gutted for them though :D

thought for the first time in ages, we dominated in midfield too.. thirlwell & joyce seem to be making a decent partnership. still think raven is a bit out of his depth though.

grainger, you know who got man of the match? i missed the new tannoy guy reading it out..

i can't find who your man of the match was looked on your website and skysports.com:o

Grainger@CUFC
25-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Yeah it was Kev Gall :eusa_wall. To be honest, I really want to know what people are thinking when they vote for it. I mean which game were they watching?! I agree, Gall had a good game, but how Luke Joyce didn't get it, I don't know :rolleyes:.

sock
25-03-2007, 02:27 PM
lol i saw that, 4-0 up werent they then it was 4-2 then county lost it from then on lolz:P lol ye 4-0 up after 17 mins, all the subs were warming up infront of me cos I was at the end of one of the sides, and i was like move i wna watch lol.

piddle2k6
25-03-2007, 04:24 PM
Well done and ty keep beating the bottom teams for us :D Btw you will beat tranmere, we made them look ordinary and they didnt have a shot on goal until the 87th minute... having said that we were amazing so it could have been that :D

Jordie
25-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Well done and ty keep beating the bottom teams for us :D Btw you will beat tranmere, we made them look ordinary and they didnt have a shot on goal until the 87th minute... having said that we were amazing so it could have been that :D

yeah good result for you, they had a man sent off aswell so thats one less first team player they're going to have for the visit of carlisle:)

Grainger@CUFC
25-03-2007, 04:27 PM

We try our best ;). We have to play a lot of the top/mid-table teams now though including Tranmere, Swansea, Scunny and Bristol City :o. The only low sides we have to play are you and Rotherham. Very tough run-in if you ask me. If we are to reach the play-offs, we'll definitely have to up our game.

Plus, I laughed at you saying Bournemouth are amazing :rolleyes:.

piddle2k6
25-03-2007, 04:33 PM
... seriously we were like watching brazil :D Lmao anyway i might go to you away not sure its £50 on coach so a bit expensive.. Only 2 hours though :D *COUGHS* More like 8 *COUGHS

Grainger@CUFC
25-03-2007, 04:36 PM
... seriously we were like watching brazil :D Lmao anyway i might go to you away not sure its £50 on coach so a bit expensive.. Only 2 hours though :D *COUGHS* More like 8 *COUGHS

God, £50 is expensive! I hope that includes the match tickets and everything as well. And yeah, it's a long trip for you on Bank Holiday Monday, longer than Gillingham's was yesterday. Travelled all that way to see your team get beat 5-0, all Carlisle fans know the feeling :(, well when we've got resoundingly hammered somewhere anyway.

piddle2k6
25-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Include ticket etc... even im not going actually im skint after all the travelling ive had to do this season... Some of the longer trips blackpool, oldham etc.. not nice especially with our away record :D

Grainger@CUFC
25-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Include ticket etc... even im not going actually im skint after all the travelling ive had to do this season... Some of the longer trips blackpool, oldham etc.. not nice especially with our away record :D

Yeah, it's the same with us really. 4 wins away from home all season :eusa_wall. Nearly every trip is what you'd call "long" for us as well.

Jordie
25-03-2007, 04:48 PM

£50 it would cost us £16 max for a trip up there:D

Grainger@CUFC
25-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Ha, just found this on BBC Sport:

Gillingham manager Ronnie Jepson apologised to the fans after his side's trouncing at high-flying Carlisle.
Mark Bentley was sent off with the Gills 1-0 down and they conceded four more goals in the last nine minutes.
Jepson told BBC Radio Kent: "Those supporters have just come up six-and-a-half or seven hours on a coach and they deserve better than that." "Five-nil is not a true reflection of the game. But even with 10 men how we collapsed was poor."

Basically what I said, but I really did laugh at what the BBC put (in bold). Gillingham's defence really did crumble in the last 10 minutes, that's usually our job :P.

Jamie!
25-03-2007, 05:37 PM
even £50s a fair lot just for travel & a ticket.. cost me £22 for the coach down to leyton orient and £7 (i'm sure it was something like that?) for the ticket.

piddle2k6
25-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Fair enough, i dont have an "away travelcard" though if i did it would be like £30

Jordie
25-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Fair enough, i dont have an "away travelcard" though if i did it would be like £30

ooo we just ring the coach booking number, say our names and thats it
if your a member it only takes £2 off every time but its better than nothing:D

piddle2k6
25-03-2007, 06:30 PM
Fair enough anyway i wont be making the trip up north in the freezing cold, losing 1-0 and missing the 1st goal as the bus is late :D

Grainger@CUFC
25-03-2007, 06:32 PM
Fair enough anyway i wont be making the trip up north in the freezing cold, losing 1-0 and missing the 1st goal as the bus is late :D

You sound pretty sure of that mate :).

piddle2k6
25-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Changed my mind we will win as we have won 2 then lost 2 then won 2 then lost 2 etc since the new year :D we will lose our next 2 games rotherham away and bradford home then beat u away and swansea home.. Sounds complicated i know :D

Jordie
25-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Changed my mind we will win as we have won 2 then lost 2 then won 2 then lost 2 etc since the new year :D we will lose our next 2 games rotherham away and bradford home then beat u away and swansea home.. Sounds complicated i know :D

lmao yeah it will all go to plan carl don't worry:rolleyes::P

Aflux
25-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Gargh.

It was a real shame for Gillingham but on the other hand a great win for Carlisle.

Well played indeed.

sl4rtzz
26-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Ha, just found this on BBC Sport:

Gillingham manager Ronnie Jepson apologised to the fans after his side's trouncing at high-flying Carlisle.
Mark Bentley was sent off with the Gills 1-0 down and they conceded four more goals in the last nine minutes.
Jepson told BBC Radio Kent: "Those supporters have just come up six-and-a-half or seven hours on a coach and they deserve better than that." "Five-nil is not a true reflection of the game. But even with 10 men how we collapsed was poor."

Basically what I said, but I really did laugh at what the BBC put (in bold). Gillingham's defence really did crumble in the last 10 minutes, that's usually our job :P.
6-7 hours?! :o flip me i didnt know it was THAT long tbh

Well atleast i didnt go :P

Jamie!
26-03-2007, 10:17 PM
6-7 hours?! :o flip me i didnt know it was THAT long tbh

Well atleast i didnt go :P

lol, took me 7 n a half hours when i went down..

sl4rtzz
26-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Plane ftw then ? :P

Jamie!
29-03-2007, 06:24 PM
carl, if you do come up, doubt it will cost £50 cause its only £1 for entry to the game if you're under 19 :p

Jordie
29-03-2007, 06:32 PM
carl, if you do come up, doubt it will cost £50 cause its only £1 for entry to the game if you're under 19 :p

corrr wish ours was tht cheap:o we pay 14.50 lolz:@

Grainger@CUFC
29-03-2007, 06:52 PM

It's only a special offer for that game :rolleyes:. I think our crowds would be much higher if it was always £1. It's usually £8 in the CBS Stand (seated) and I think it's £5 everywhere else, I'm not sure :).

Jamie!
29-03-2007, 08:06 PM

£14.50 is a fair bit for a concession, specially at your dump :p

and yeah like grainger said, it's only for that one game, i won't be paying it anyway.. got a season ticket

Jordie
29-03-2007, 08:09 PM

and yeah like grainger said, it's only for that one game, i won't be paying it anyway.. got a season ticket

lol yeah but our dump is actually all seated, isnt yourz standing in some parts, what does your ground hold:s

Grainger@CUFC
29-03-2007, 08:10 PM

True :D. Where you at mate? CBS Stand, Block 6, right on the halfway line for me. In the Adult block even though I'm a child :P.

And Jord, it's 16,000 and something :)

Jamie!
29-03-2007, 08:21 PM
i'm over in block 7 near the bottom.. gan in warwick next year though, atmospheres better :p

aye jord, standing behind boths goals and below the seated area on one side of the ground, holds 16,651 with like 8,000ish seats.

Jordie
29-03-2007, 08:23 PM
i'm over in block 7 near the bottom.. gan in warwick next year though, atmospheres better :p

aye jord, standing behind boths goals and below the seated area on one side of the ground, holds 16,651 with like 8,000ish seats.

okkkkk ours is 10,100 all seated or somit like that:D

Grainger@CUFC
29-03-2007, 08:24 PM

Cool :). Yeah I don't really know what happened because the atmosphere was always in the East Stand last season :s. I only think I'd move when the pitch eventually gets moved and the ground gets developed further (we've been waiting about 10 years now :rolleyes:).

I knew I was about right :P.

Jamie!
29-03-2007, 08:28 PM
it's cause they've moved all the chavs out of that top section next to the away fans by introducing the adult blocks thing.. they were the ones that got the crowd going tbh. now they've all went in the warwich along with the lad with the drum so all the singings in there now.

Grainger@CUFC
29-03-2007, 08:32 PM
it's cause they've moved all the chavs out of that top section next to the away fans by introducing the adult blocks thing.. they were the ones that got the crowd going tbh. now they've all went in the warwich along with the lad with the drum so all the singings in there now.

Oh aye forgot about that. Thought it was a bit silly doing the adult block thing myself, especially when I'd have been chucked off my seat! :P And yeah the BCY (Border City Youth) all go in there now. The atmosphere is good there, but I don't really like standing to be honest :(. Now the chavs who are at the back of the Child bit think they're hard trying to get songs going :rolleyes:.

Jamie!
29-03-2007, 08:36 PM
aye they've showed up at a few away games this season and had their lads on the run.. tbh, i prefer standing, only really went in the cbs cause mates were.

Grainger@CUFC
29-03-2007, 08:40 PM
aye they've showed up at a few away games this season and had their lads on the run.. tbh, i prefer standing, only really went in the cbs cause mates were.

Aye, I sit with two lads and they're thinking about going in the Warwick next year ... typical :rolleyes:. Well if the lads from the Youth are doing that, they should soon be rising up the ranks into the Firm lol.

Jamie!
29-03-2007, 08:45 PM
aye lol, theres still a fair few of em go in the cbs n all but they keep fairly quiet. never seen the older lot down at the home games mind..

Jordie
29-03-2007, 08:47 PM

lol sounds a bit like luton, we're not really known for our silky football just the scraps with every team after we've played them and its always the little rudeboys that are involved:P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!