PDA

View Full Version : VIP Sub-Forums Change

---MAD---
30-03-2007, 10:09 AM
We have decided to remove VIP sub-forums from the standard VIP features. Instead it will be an addon only VIPs can purchase.

We have decided to make this change because there is an overwhelmingly high number of VIP sub-forums that has become very hard to manage.

All current VIPs will have 1 week were they will be allowed to have a VIP sub-forum for free for their current subscription however after that, they will have to pay for the addon. This should significantly decrease the number of VIP sub-forums later on, allowing us to easily manage it and also to allow those people who really like having a sub-forum attract people faster :).

We know this process will be difficult at start but hopefully once most people's free sub-forum is removed (1-3 months I am predicting), it will be much easier and more pleasant for those who like to run and post in the VIP sub-forums :).

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy your easter break ;).

8Freak8
30-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Some people have found this a bit confusing as MAD's post is a bit unclear.

The way it has been discussed between me, Sierk, ---MAD---, nvrspk4 and Wayne. is:

VIP subforums will now be a VIP add-on which costs extra.
VIPs who already have a subforum will be allowed to keep theirs until it naturally expires (when the VIP user's subscription expires)
All VIPs who bought VIP before this announcement will still be allowed to request a subforum for free, as they bought VIP with an advertised feature of "have your own subforum". It may be that you only have 1 week to request your forum (this seems to be what MAD has said above).
Anybody who buys VIP after this date will have to pay extra for a subforum.Btw, the reason for this is also that more forums means a slower server. According to the support people at vBulletin, the forum loads data from all the forums for every page load, so the more forums the slower each pageload is.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!