PDA

View Full Version : Spurs trouble

DannyyTBH.
06-04-2007, 10:33 AM
RRS FEED UPDATE:

Uefa will launch an investigation after crowd trouble broke out during Thursday's Uefa Cup tie between Sevilla and Tottenham in Spain.

Riot police separated fans outside the ground before kick-off and during the match, trouble erupted in the enclosure housing 4,000 travelling Spurs fans.

Unconfirmed reports said seven Tottenham fans and one policeman had been taken to hospital.

A Uefa spokesman said: "Any incidents of crowd trouble will be investigated."

Tottenham have already pledged their full support to the authorities.
"Our initial reports suggest there was no fan-to-fan fighting at any stage of the proceedings," said a club statement.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gif

"As such we are seeking explanations as to why the police reacted in the way they did with our fans.

"Tottenham supporters have enjoyed an exemplary reputation across Europe this season which is why tonight's events are unprecedented.

"We will be co-operating fully with Uefa, the British Embassy and the Spanish authorities to understand why this has happened."

The scenes followed violent clashes between fans and police in Manchester United's Champions League tie in Rome on Wednesday.
Less than half an hour into Thursday's game, trouble erupted in the enclosure housing the 4,000 Spurs supporters, where riot police were deployed.

Seats and punches were thrown as the the clashes continued during the half-time interval.

However, things settled down following the departure of the riot police from the Spurs enclosure at the start of the second half.

Tottenham boss Martin Jol said he had remained focused on events on the pitch - which saw Spurs lose the first leg 2-1.

"I don't know what started it but I had to focus on the game, and if you don't do that then you could lose your concentration," said the Dutchman.
"The only thing that I saw was that there was no separation between the two stands."

He added: "Of course it is a concern, but at first you have to look into it and then you can make your mind up.

"Yesterday we saw everything that happened, and I don't want to make a judgement on that.
"It's not always one-way traffic, you know what I mean?"

Jordie
06-04-2007, 10:35 AM
RRS FEED UPDATE:

Uefa will launch an investigation after crowd trouble broke out during Thursday's Uefa Cup tie between Sevilla and Tottenham in Spain.

Riot police separated fans outside the ground before kick-off and during the match, trouble erupted in the enclosure housing 4,000 travelling Spurs fans.

Unconfirmed reports said seven Tottenham fans and one policeman had been taken to hospital.

A Uefa spokesman said: "Any incidents of crowd trouble will be investigated."

Tottenham have already pledged their full support to the authorities.
"Our initial reports suggest there was no fan-to-fan fighting at any stage of the proceedings," said a club statement.

"As such we are seeking explanations as to why the police reacted in the way they did with our fans.

"Tottenham supporters have enjoyed an exemplary reputation across Europe this season which is why tonight's events are unprecedented.

"We will be co-operating fully with Uefa, the British Embassy and the Spanish authorities to understand why this has happened."

The scenes followed violent clashes between fans and police in Manchester United's Champions League tie in Rome on Wednesday.
Less than half an hour into Thursday's game, trouble erupted in the enclosure housing the 4,000 Spurs supporters, where riot police were deployed.

Seats and punches were thrown as the the clashes continued during the half-time interval.

However, things settled down following the departure of the riot police from the Spurs enclosure at the start of the second half.

Tottenham boss Martin Jol said he had remained focused on events on the pitch - which saw Spurs lose the first leg 2-1.

"I don't know what started it but I had to focus on the game, and if you don't do that then you could lose your concentration," said the Dutchman.
"The only thing that I saw was that there was no separation between the two stands."

He added: "Of course it is a concern, but at first you have to look into it and then you can make your mind up.

"Yesterday we saw everything that happened, and I don't want to make a judgement on that.
"It's not always one-way traffic, you know what I mean?"

its the police that stur everything up, if they didnt get involved and start hitting people with batons it wouldnt have got out of control like it did:@

DannyyTBH.
06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
ye thats what i was thinking to my self lmao

summer
06-04-2007, 11:25 AM
predictable that they'd take action, even though, yet again, the police were heavy handed. we'll probably just get a tiny fine.

3d
06-04-2007, 02:09 PM
What actually happened for the police to get involved?

Robbie
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Also, look what happened there:

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/sport/story.asp?j=215586984&p=zy558769x&t=soccer

Beating someone out of their wheelchair.. :l

Jamie!
06-04-2007, 03:36 PM
looked fairly radge when on the tele when it showed that big group of yids just all falling down the tier over the seats n that.

Sharpsterz
06-04-2007, 04:08 PM
DUMB POLICE HITTIN DISABLED PEOPLE ;S SAD REALLY

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!