PDA

View Full Version : SATS

PaulMacC
14-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Are the Year 9 one's a big deal.
The teacher's and principal make them out to be important and stuff.
I'm rly nervous I do them May 1st-3rd and it's in the Main hall which makes it even worse being stuck in a small hall.

I did a Science Mock and maximum you could get was 6+.
There was a few things we didnt learn and the teacher said you'd still be graded on them but dont worry when we learn about them you'll know what there on about.

So I got a Level 6- thats 68% with both tests combined.

I got 72% in the first and 60% or something in the second.

Eamonn
16-04-2007, 07:25 PM
They are in effect, because they determine which GCSE groups you will be in and at my school you start GCSE modules straight away in year 10, in about October, so if you were in a low set then it effects the whole grade you can achieve at the end of GCSE.

@xP
16-04-2007, 07:40 PM
They are in effect, because they determine which GCSE groups you will be in and at my school you start GCSE modules straight away in year 10, in about October, so if you were in a low set then it effects the whole grade you can achieve at the end of GCSE.

What he said..

I have mine also i feel nervous also

Mitch4?
17-04-2007, 10:43 AM

^^ That, and most schools take into consideration like if your constantly a good student, like 80%'s+ on all your tests you do in class, and have good behaviour, but then you get like a 5 in your sats, they will still put you in a high set xox.

Djcafc.
17-04-2007, 02:01 PM
i have mine also im quite nervous but all they don't really count for much at my school because we have end of year tests which determine the groups we get put in for gcses

PaulMacC
17-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm a good student and last year I got 4 end of year tests in the 90%'s and English 75% , Science 70% and Maths 60% but I lost my maths textbook an couldnt revise

Jam
17-04-2007, 05:09 PM
(I'm In Year 7) It Was Funny Today Because Everyone Was Just Sitting Waiting For The Teacher And She Just Said "Your Getting Your Sats Next Week" Just Like That. I'm Like 6B In English And Maths So I Think I'm Good To Go :)

dirrty
17-04-2007, 05:12 PM
they are not that important. the teachers make them out to be so important but compared to gcses, they are not. all they do is put your into sets for gcses (which you can move up or down if you show that the set is too easy or hard) and they also show how good the school is doing.

Lukeh
17-04-2007, 09:10 PM
They arent any more important thn the end of year exams you (should) do every year.

The schools "big them up" cause it reflects on the school, moreso than it does on you personally.

I mean, sure they matter, they decide what sets your in for your GCSE Science/Maths courses, but they wont be on uni/6th form applications etc

KnuxIBF
29-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Oh god. It's just over a week away!

8-11th May <//3

aliveandkicking
30-04-2007, 01:28 PM
^^ That, and most schools take into consideration like if your constantly a good student, like 80%'s+ on all your tests you do in class, and have good behaviour, but then you get like a 5 in your sats, they will still put you in a high set xox.

they wont for mee :( because my school closes in a few weeks and i'm transferring to a new school in June so I get used to it before I start Year 10. So, the teachers there dont really know me so they might put me in a lower set argh

-Sweex
30-04-2007, 02:24 PM
mine are 14th - 19th

Myzas
30-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Yh mine are 8th - 11th, Damn, ive been revisin a load dis last month. And I bet im still gonna get low! Im pridicted 876 =S

PaulMacC
01-05-2007, 11:02 PM
All my papers are 5-7.

I did my english sat today.

Maths tomarrow I better go now 12.02 am

shiver
02-05-2007, 04:50 PM
mine start on tuesday
i'm doing 6-8 maths, 5-7 english and 4-7 english (they're all higher papers, apart from english cos that's a whole school thing)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!