PDA

View Full Version : too many commitments and no time

foxyfox00
19-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Well recently Ive had heaps of days off school. The last 3 weeks of term I missed 1/2 of the days through sport, work camps etc. As well as 1 lesson on mondays plus 1 on wednesday every week.

Next week is 1st week of term and I only have 2 1/2 days out of five. I seem to be coping with sport, study, working and friends but I'm about to start a school production which means more practice on top of exams for school and TAFE [like tec collage], and work placement.

Does anyone have tips on how to plan out time more? Or should I cut back on how much I do? Im just not sure if my life should be this busy

Thanks

Ostinato
19-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Well recently Ive had heaps of days off school. The last 3 weeks of term I missed 1/2 of the days through sport, work camps etc. As well as 1 lesson on mondays plus 1 on wednesday every week.

Next week is 1st week of term and I only have 2 1/2 days out of five. I seem to be coping with sport, study, working and friends but I'm about to start a school production which means more practice on top of exams for school and TAFE [like tec collage], and work placement.

Does anyone have tips on how to plan out time more? Or should I cut back on how much I do? Im just not sure if my life should be this busy

Thanks

If you are in doubt that you should be doing all these yourself, then I'd definitely suggest cutting back on one or two.

Although it is great to get involved with extra curriculum and after school activities, it can often lead to too much and you will then neglect your studies - as you have expressed concern about.

I'd say you should maybe sit down and write a list of your priorities. See where you put your after school activities in relation to each other, your social life and school. I'd then maybe cut back or stop on the ones you least need/enjoy and maybe keep one or two along with you school work.

Although you may be coping right now, as you get nearer all your exams you definitely won't and it won't be any use to you leaving it till the last minute either!

VPSwow
19-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Well you are the only person that will know if you are working too hard, i would try and cut back on a few things if you are extremely busy. However remember that you still need a life so dont just stop inside all day just to get the things done. Try and spend less time on the things that do not need so much time and effort for and sort out a rough plan either on paper or in your mind about what you should be doing on different days and if it really needs doing.

Good luck :D

Immenseman
20-04-2007, 04:03 PM
If I were you i'd write up some sort of time table thing and make sure you stick to it.

Portish1
20-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Do not worry because I feel exacly the same way lol! :(

ColyTom
24-04-2007, 05:30 PM
If i were you, I'd keep going at all your activities.
If you drop out, you'll look back when you're older and wish you continued with it.

foxyfox00
25-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for all the advice. + rep to everyone

Yeah I guess I just have to get my priorities in order. Tom I agree with the not dropping stuff coz i'll be finnished school in a year and a bit. Exams are alright coz I've got my timetable and stuff sorted.

CrazyColaist
15-08-2007, 09:08 PM
sorry just reconized i bumped sorry ;[

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!