PDA

View Full Version : French... I'm Useless At It!

.Amberz.
30-04-2005, 04:02 PM
I do French at my school, and I'm useless at it! I hardly know any words in French and I always get mixed up when counting from 1 - 10 in French! :eusa_thin Anyone, give me any help? Anyway, I'm going to France with my class on May 27th this year and I'm going to a French school, and how am I surposed to understand what they are saying?!

lukeisok
30-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Okay,

French Numbers.

1 = Une
2 = Deux
3 = Tois
4 = Quatre
5 = Cinq
6 = Six
7 = Sept
8 = Huit
9 = Neuf
10 = Dix

Food.

Pain = Bread
Frites = Chips
Glace = Ice cream
Chocolat = Chocolate
Bacon = Bacon
Crisps = Chips

Thats some of my french i know :P

Syd
30-04-2005, 05:54 PM
With French, it takes a while to learn so your best bet is to maybe get a English to French dictionary, it gives you all the nouns and pronouns and all that jazz. I used to do French in school but I dropped out in my final year. But I've been to France many times with my family so I know a little bit about the French language.

You should know the basics, like oui - yes, and non - no.

Most phrases or questions you will be most likely to ask are:

Quel est votre nom ? - What is your name?

Quel âge avez-vous ? - How old are you?

Quelle heure est-il ? - What time is it?

Quelle manière.... ? - Which way to......?

Est-ce que je peux avoir la facture svp ? - Can I have the bill please?
[NB] Svp is short for sil vous plait.

They're most of the basics there for you.
Just try and learn a few of them and thats a start. They also do cassette tapes and videos and dvd's in shops like W H Smith, so you could go and have a look in there. Depends where you live really.

:.bEx.:
30-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Heya amber well if your going 2 a french skool on a trip n all they must be learning english so just rely on them being able 2 speak gd english 4get about the french bit, im pants at it also ;)

Findail
30-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Heya amber well if your going 2 a french skool on a trip n all they must be learning english so just rely on them being able 2 speak gd english 4get about the french bit, im pants at it also ;)
The typical British solution.

:.bEx.:
30-04-2005, 06:06 PM
indeed british 2 the bone :p

.Amberz.
30-04-2005, 07:28 PM
Phew ;) :eusa_booh

rosie387
05-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Bonjour!! :) my name is rosie easy peasy

french is easy german is hard

Discountguy
05-05-2005, 05:13 PM
well im rubbisah at french too. i recently did my gcse french speaking test and i got predicted a E so join the club

.Amberz.
05-05-2005, 05:33 PM
:D Yeah, I'll join ya Club, why not? Lol. :eusa_shif So, anyone would you help me learn FRENCH?

Mr.Kylee
05-05-2005, 05:35 PM
Hé.. je ne suis pas que bon au français ou.. je pourrais calme essaie et anwser votre question (si vous avez n'importe quel)

Discountguy
05-05-2005, 06:12 PM
the best place for revision i think is BBC Bitesize

For GCSE French http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/french/

Lerf
05-05-2005, 07:01 PM
I do French at my school, and I'm useless at it! I hardly know any words in French and I always get mixed up when counting from 1 - 10 in French! :eusa_thin Anyone, give me any help? Anyway, I'm going to France with my class on May 27th this year and I'm going to a French school, and how am I surposed to understand what they are saying?! Well I'm useless at French too! I usually just fool around in it :p But I do know the numbers from 1-100 ... LOL!
Okay,

French Numbers.

1 = Une
Isn't it Un?

Owen
05-05-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok
I had my french speaking test thingy the other day and i just write all the words on my arm and i passed by flying colours :D But other than that im usless at french

Discountguy
05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Ok
I had my french speaking test thingy the other day and i just write all the words on my arm and i passed by flying colours :D But other than that im usless at french

Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut

the only person you are cheating is yourself!!!!!!

if you go into apply for a job and they see you got a french gcse they would expect you to be able to talk it, then you wont have all the words written over ur arm!!!

Owen
05-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Tut Tut Tut Tut Tut

the only person you are cheating is yourself!!!!!!

if you go into apply for a job and they see you got a french gcse they would expect you to be able to talk it, then you wont have all the words written over ur arm!!!

BAH. Oh well, least i passed... The futcher is a long way away xP

Lerf
06-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Ok
I had my french speaking test thingy the other day and i just write all the words on my arm and i passed by flying colours :D But other than that im usless at frenchLOL! French is the typical subject that everyone cheats in :p

.Amberz.
14-05-2005, 11:51 AM
:eusa_eh: Might try the arm trick... :D I'll let you know if it works...

Krypsis
14-05-2005, 05:42 PM
German is much easier than french...

GommeInc
14-05-2005, 08:55 PM
I had my French Orals last Monday and I found it extremely easy, so you shouldn't have a problem with it

Owen
15-05-2005, 01:26 AM
All i know off german is nine which means no or summin

.Amberz.
18-05-2005, 08:25 AM
:p Lol, I dunno anything in German except 1 word. Lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!