PDA

View Full Version : Death Penalty - Poll

T0M
11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Do you think the death penalty should be brought back to England for the most severe crimes?

Personally i think it should for mass murders, serial rapists/peadophiles etc

Browney
11-05-2007, 04:44 PM
No. Longer sentences definately. A REAL life sentence probably. But not death sentences.

FlyingJesus
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Yes. I don't care about the ethics and the fact that "killing them makes you a murderer too", because it's completely different if it's been ruled by a judge. Also it would mean our prisons wouldn't be as crowded.

Ezzie.
11-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Anyone seen brits behind bars?
They should have prison like that over here in england, where it's so bad you have second thoughts when thinking of commiting a crime.

To answer though: No, unless the person has killed many people and is a threat if they broke out.

Nixt
11-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I voted yes because I am leaning toward that side of things however I am still not convinced. Firstly I agree that only the worst crimes should be punished with the death penalty and it would have to be a very serious case of that crime in itself, if that makes sense.
The only thing that makes me think bringing back the death penalty would be a bad idea is the fact that someone may be wrongly convicted of something and then be sentenced to death as a result and this is obviously not a good thing.

:Jamie
11-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Nah, for reasons as stated by garion that someone could be wrongly convicted.

Crimson
11-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Yes. I know there are bad sides about it, such as wrong convictions etc. But if you end someones life, there should be the right to end yours.

Willz
11-05-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes for crimes like mass murder and bombings. Like If someone bombed london and lived, and was then caught, they should be punished the way those people died.

-Soph-
13-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Yes.. its in place where I live and I agree w/ it.

alexxxxx
13-05-2007, 09:09 AM
No. Not at all.

OMGitsaROSS
13-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Tbh there is no argument for "no". If the person has admitted that he killed/raped several/mass murdered then they die. There isn't an arguement.

VPSwow
13-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes but if someone got the death penilty then they realise it him/ her who did the crime they would have killed an innocent person.

OMGitsaROSS
13-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Read my post >.>

alexxxxx
13-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Okay, so surely you don't believe that the death penalty is an easy way out? That they don't have to spend the time in prison or really account for anything they have done. Their life just 'stops.' With a jail term, they should really spend that time alone, with little to do (no TV like some prisoners get) or radio. Also, there may be miscarriages of justice and people get killed for nothing. I believe that noone deserves the death penalty, not even Saddam Hussein.

le harry
13-05-2007, 10:41 AM
No, death shouldnt be put upon just because they can.

-:Undertaker:-
13-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes bring it back, it would make half of them think about it before doing it :)

Technologic
13-05-2007, 11:53 AM
If you call them, they won't suffer for what they've done. I think putting them in solitray for their whole life is better

Ostinato
13-05-2007, 11:56 AM
;3482264']Okay, so surely you don't believe that the death penalty is an easy way out? That they don't have to spend the time in prison or really account for anything they have done. Their life just 'stops.' With a jail term, they should really spend that time alone, with little to do (no TV like some prisoners get) or radio. Also, there may be miscarriages of justice and people get killed for nothing. I believe that noone deserves the death penalty, not even Saddam Hussein.

Yes - they should be put in prison with no amenities - but we all know that's not the case. Half of them don't even serve their full sentence and half of it is chopped off as soon as they start. Our prison system is to be quite frank, a disgrace.

FlyingJesus
13-05-2007, 01:04 PM
;3482264']Okay, so surely you don't believe that the death penalty is an easy way out? That they don't have to spend the time in prison or really account for anything they have done. Their life just 'stops.' With a jail term, they should really spend that time alone, with little to do (no TV like some prisoners get) or radio. Also, there may be miscarriages of justice and people get killed for nothing. I believe that noone deserves the death penalty, not even Saddam Hussein.

If you call them, they won't suffer for what they've done. I think putting them in solitray for their whole life is better

We don't have the capacity to imprison people properly, we've run out of space and resources. Keeping prisoners alive and healthy costs a hell of a lot, and the longer you keep them in the more extra prisoners will come about during their sentence, and so even more space is needed. This is why people get released so early, even murderers and extremely dangerous people. We used to ship our criminals off to Australia but they took over and run the country now so we can't do that any more.

As for miscarriage of judgement, the figures for that aren't very high in parts of America where they do have the death sentence, and I believe that 1/100 (the figures are far fewer than that, just using an example) mistakes is fine if it means we do get rid of the 99 other dangerous people.

Bef
13-05-2007, 01:06 PM
An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

benjamin
13-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Tbh there is no argument for "no". If the person has admitted that he killed/raped several/mass murdered then they die. There isn't an arguement.
Exactly. :)

RedStratocas
13-05-2007, 01:47 PM
No, because there are way too many innocent people put to death by mistake. It happens much more often than people think. I get your argument about if he admitted it, which I think he does deserve death. But if you only put to death the people who admit it, the justice system is in a bit of a pickle isnt it?

Krusty
13-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Nah.

Life in jail
because once they are ded they wont feel a thing afterwards
but life in jail is like death. but takes much more time ;)

GommeInc
13-05-2007, 02:23 PM
No - Causes more problems than people think it solves.

Ashhizzle
13-05-2007, 03:44 PM
The worse the crime, the slower the death.

make them suffer.

mangle
13-05-2007, 03:48 PM
For mass rapists , murderers etc etc.
Only if they have a confession , the person isntmentally impared or they have 100% evidence against this person.

Mentor
13-05-2007, 04:03 PM
For mass rapists , murderers etc etc.
Only if they have a confession , the person isntmentally impared or they have 100% evidence against this person.
I believe EVERYONE without exception on death row in america at the moment has been shown to be mentally impaired in some way.

Im strongly against it.
Reasons:

1) The Death penalty costs more to have implemented than it would to keep someone in prison for the rest of there natural life.

2) I believe killing is wrong. Hence why murder is a crime. If we then support killing murderers, how are we any better than them?

3) Where Killing defenseless people, even in the middle of a war zone that sort of behavior is looked down on as sick. Your supporting the same type of action as can be seen every time some militant group takes some hostages and executes them. How can you say thats Bad, when your supporting that very same thing.

4) If an innocent man is wrongly convicted theres no going back. You end up killing a lot of completely innocent men and women. Thats not what i call justice.

5) A quick painless death is over in an instant*. Being in jail for the entirety of life is a far worse punishment in reality.
*In america most of the death penalty's are actually pretty inhuman and far from quick and painless. Even the worst of the people getting the penalty doing inflict stuff that bad on there victims.
For example: The electric char literally cooks someone alive, the voltage's paradises them, there eyes pop out of there heath (hence there bag, there also still fully conscious) there skin boils and death can take up to 20 minutes.

6) Almost all people who commit the crimes that people believe merit the death penalty are MENTALLY ILL. They dont believe/understand or know they have done somthing wrong (hence they are unrepentant). Killing someone with the mental age of a 4 is a pretty sick thing in my opinion.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!