PDA

View Full Version : Did Pass Plus

Dan2nd
16-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Yeah I did pass plus yestaday. For those of you who don't know pass plus is something you can do after you've passed your driving test which includes learning how to drive on motaways & country roads so you can get discount off your insurence. I didn't want to split it up all into diffrent days so I did it in one. Aww man 6 hours of driving down the motaway and i still feel nackered lol I get about 40% discount off my insurence so I'm happy :D

Ry
16-05-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm thinking about doing it, i have my test 2 weeks today :P Well done.

DiscoPat
16-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I heard bout that, wd on passing :)

Mr.Sam
16-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I guess I'm lucky - I get free lessons and pass plus due to my dad being a driving instructor :D

well done on passing both :)

GommeInc
16-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Apparently my driving instructor would give me the certificate just by doing motorways, because I have:

Driven in all weather.
Driven in country roads.
Driven on motorways.

But he wants to see me do just one thing, but my insurance isn't to expensive, so I might just pass and not do it.

benjamin
16-05-2007, 10:25 PM
My brother passed today, he looked into doing that but it doesn't lower his insurance for some reason so he isn't going to bother.

Ry
16-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Apparently my driving instructor would give me the certificate just by doing motorways, because I have:

Driven in all weather.
Driven in country roads.
Driven on motorways.

But he wants to see me do just one thing, but my insurance isn't to expensive, so I might just pass and not do it.

It is illegal to drive on a Motorway under a Provisional licence (Fact)

Dual carriageways are about as fast as you'll get on your provisional.

No driving instructor, or atleast no qualified driving instructor will take a pupil onto a Motorway under Provisional licence.

And for anyone who didn't know, heres the official driving standards agency website faq: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/FAQ.asp?id=12757

Cheers :P

:Hazel
17-05-2007, 11:56 AM
i kinda wished i'd done that really...

Hurts
17-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Congrats! I think i will do it if i pass my test, i have it June 21st :'( in a town i don't know well because they are closing the one in my town on June 15th :@

Ry
17-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I have my test in 13 days, oh i hope i pass, I feel i will, but i can only wait and see, sometimes i get a bit silly at big roundabouts, anyway.. If i pass i might do it, hmmmm.

:Hazel
17-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Congrats! I think i will do it if i pass my test, i have it June 21st :'( in a town i don't know well because they are closing the one in my town on June 15th :@

thats well unlucky :P

I have my test in 13 days, oh i hope i pass, I feel i will, but i can only wait and see, sometimes i get a bit silly at big roundabouts, anyway.. If i pass i might do it, hmmmm.

Good luck :)

Elw00d
17-05-2007, 02:15 PM
i did pass plus and it didnt lower my insurance one bit.. id like to know who insures you and what car etc, i have a saxo 1.1 and theyre still asking 1400 for insurance

Dan2nd
17-05-2007, 06:24 PM
i did pass plus and it didnt lower my insurance one bit.. id like to know who insures you and what car etc, i have a saxo 1.1 and theyre still asking 1400 for insurance

I'm being insured with Norwich Union I'm getting a brand new Mini one its not going to be ready till june :). My Dad rang them last night and they've promised me a 40% discount :)

and good luck to all you taking tests soon :D

GommeInc
17-05-2007, 08:43 PM
It is illegal to drive on a Motorway under a Provisional licence (Fact)

Dual carriageways are about as fast as you'll get on your provisional.

No driving instructor, or atleast no qualified driving instructor will take a pupil onto a Motorway under Provisional licence.

And for anyone who didn't know, heres the official driving standards agency website faq: http://www.dsa.gov.uk/FAQ.asp?id=12757

Cheers :P
I passed my driving test in November :S I didn't say I hadn't passed? You can't even do Pass Plus before your test??

Ry
17-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Haha, im sorry, i read that last night and i was real tired, i obviously percieved it as you not having a full licence, my bad :P

GommeInc
17-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Haha, im sorry, i read that last night and i was real tired, i obviously percieved it as you not having a full licence, my bad :P
It doesn't help when I have just awoken half asleep and get confused and have to read things twice :P I got confused with where I said it lol

Ry
17-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I read it again and was like, what did i confuse that for, Must have been tired or something like that, I'm mad like that! ha :P

Metric.
18-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I did something like that and then I got a bunch taken off my insurance, but then I had 3 accidents, so now it's a lot more than it was to begin with.

Shawnstra
18-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Well done mate :)

Antony
27-05-2007, 08:45 PM
How much was the pass plus?

I'm considering it as I'm starting my driving lessons next week. I've been getting quotes for insurance around £2-5k! So I'm definately considering it once I pass. However, I guess I'm lucky, with working for the Police they have their own insurance agency, which means I'll be able to get in that which hopefully will nock my insurance down quite a bit!

I've heard once having the pass plus, it can reduce your insurance quote by 15% is this correct? :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!