PDA

View Full Version : brakes

Metric.
21-05-2007, 03:27 AM
my brakes don't feel right, i have to practically jam my foot to the floor to stop and it's really starting to bother me because today i was on the highway and buddy in front of me jams on the brakes and i was going like 80 so i jamed my foot to the floor and the petal started to shake so i pumped the brakes. i use to have to pump the brakes in the bmw because they would get so hot that they would get soft. anyway, now my brake light is on, and my traction light was on before, but it's gone off..

the car is a 2003 with 68k on it and the other 2003 we have (same car) has 138k and it never needed any brake repair at all? but then again, my car is used so the person who had it before could have been on the brakes all the time..

anyone else ever had this brake problem..

:Hazel
21-05-2007, 09:05 AM
can't say i have but it doesnt sound right to me. i'd go to a garage & get them checked. might cost but its cheaper than what a life is worth...

DiscoPat
21-05-2007, 10:00 AM
SexUaL HarAsMent PanDaA...

On topic: I'de see a mechanic and get it checked.

lAscend
21-05-2007, 10:24 AM
maybe your brake fluid is going or/and your brake disks are wearing out. hope this helps :)

Metric.
21-05-2007, 07:23 PM
i want an honnest opinion, and if i take it to honda they'll tell me i need new discs, rotors, pads, shoes, drums and it'll be $2000 to fix it and no sorry, thats not covered under warranty.

GommeInc
22-05-2007, 12:18 AM
i want an honnest opinion, and if i take it to honda they'll tell me i need new discs, rotors, pads, shoes, drums and it'll be $2000 to fix it and no sorry, thats not covered under warranty.
Would you either crash into the back of a car or pay to have a safer car? That is the question.

Dan2nd
22-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Would you either crash into the back of a car or pay to have a safer car? That is the question.

it could be worse than that lol maybe a tree , off a cliff I'd get it checked out your safety is more important.

Catzsy
22-05-2007, 11:39 AM
My dad said you should get to see if the brake discs are worn but it is probably the brake pads have worn out and need replacing.

Baving
22-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Go to a local garage and get them to check your car over

Metric.
22-05-2007, 06:30 PM
I took it to Honda this morning and it was just what I expected..
It needs
pads
shoes
discs
rotors
drums
LUG NUTS?!
brake fluid
and a general tune-up

the quote was for $2478 including labor.

Jin
26-05-2007, 09:26 PM
HONDA ACCORDS 2003 LOL! Infamous for brake issues.

Use a private mechanic, the likely chances its either the pads or the fluid, you can check one of that yourself without any major effort.

However turning rotors and fitting original brake pads will be under warranty. You can check your own fluid levels and thats all the work you should need done.

Make sure you get both done, (turning rotors and changing brake pads) or it will happen again and again and again and again.

Ashhizzle
26-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Go somewhere trusted dude :P or they might get worse xo

Shawnstra
01-06-2007, 04:43 AM
Better send your car to a mechanic :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!