PDA

View Full Version : GCSE; english lit; what did you do?

beth
22-05-2007, 10:32 AM
i thought it was sooo good. [: seriously, i'd been hoping the questions would come up.

for to kill a mockingbird, i did question 13. the one about scouts education.

and for the poetry, i did question 20. comparing digging & a difficult birth.

and i compare sonnet 130 & the laboratory for section b.

LOL, i was the only person in my school to write more than the answer booklet, i felt like a bare neek. i wrote 16 pages (lol@me).

how'd you get on? [:

Soka
22-05-2007, 10:51 AM
just got back :P

i did q15 on catcher in the rye

and for poetry i did q24 on attitudes of speakers
i did havisham, mother and distance, labortary and last duchess

thought i did better on catcher on the rye than poetry

Charles
22-05-2007, 11:02 AM
With AQA, I did question 3. Something like compare the titles of Chemistry and one other story (I did Snowdrops) and how they are important in the stories.

I also did question 25a) I had to compare ''On my first sonne'' and a poem of my choice from Duffy, so I picked ''Before you were mine'' and had to compare how the author made us feel sympathetic for the speaker.

and b)Had to compare two poems of my choice (One from pre-1914 and Armitage) so I picked ''The Laboratory'' and ''Hitcher'' to compare how the speakers make the reader feel disturbed.

I can't stand questions where you have to compare all four poems at once.

2hd.
22-05-2007, 11:03 AM
6 and 22. :D

Analyising the OMAM passage for 6. :)
Death in for poems for 22. :D

krimzen
22-05-2007, 11:07 AM
I did question 5 and question 23 i think :P

I enjoyed the exam tbh
Lord of the flys and Simon armitage and stuff

my arm still hurtz

Kieeran
22-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Im like charles tbh
I did question one and 25(a) n 25(b)
I completely ****** up though my mind kept going blank im really peed off with myself.

Nether$
22-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I did the same ? as nintendoxc0re for mocking bird,

for poems i cant remember what number but it was about the... mm... like...
I cant remember lol the one with 2 bullet points :S

Poems: Laboratory, Havasham, My Last Duchess and the one thats like shakespeares wife or w.e

I did 11 pages.

Charles
22-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I did the same ? as nintendoxc0re for mocking bird,

for poems i cant remember what number but it was about the... mm... like...
I cant remember lol the one with 2 bullet points :S

Poems: Laboratory, Havasham, My Last Duchess and the one thats like shakespeares wife or w.e

I did 11 pages.

I fail to see how anyone can write that much, I managed 5 :>

Soka
22-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I fail to see how anyone can write that much, I managed 5 :>

i managed 10, 4 on catcher in the rye and 6 on poems
but on my poems i just waffled on language because the question was how do poets use language... to blablabalb

krimzen
22-05-2007, 12:22 PM
LOL, i was the only person in my school to write more than the answer booklet, i felt like a bare neek. i wrote 16 pages lol@me.

To be honest... the most important thing is about getting your point across with the correct quotes and so, Writing loads is all that good sometimes, Espicially if its waffle. Anyway
Good luck all :)

beth
22-05-2007, 01:50 PM
To be honest... the most important thing is about getting your point across with the correct quotes and so, Writing loads is all that good sometimes, Espicially if its waffle. Anyway
Good luck all :)
i always write loads. i just make alot of points, rofl. i always get the grade though, so rofl :D

Stephen!
22-05-2007, 02:29 PM
I was supposed to have that exam today but i didn't turn up to it. Basically becuase I had only 3/5 pieces of courswork in and the teacher said i would fail even if i tried, so yeah.

Pyroka
22-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I think I did awful in it, I was dreading it though so meh. I did question 7 on Of Mice & Men and the 27th one for poems. The 27th one was about personal opinion, both were so yay. :P

Frodo13.
22-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I did question 5 on Lord of the Flies

What is the significance of the 'beast' in the Lord of the Flies'

And I think it was question 22 on the poetry.

Compare the way death is presented. I had to pick 2 poems for 2 lists. I picked Clarkes Cold Knapp Lake, and Heaneys Mid-Term break and for pre-1914 I did The Affliction of Margret and On my first Sonne

DiscoPat
22-05-2007, 02:59 PM
I ****** up big time, I did the Of mice and men quiet good, but the poetry, i ****** up, i did the last question possible, 25 or 26 i think, and it sucked..

samsaBEAR
22-05-2007, 08:16 PM
With AQA, I did question 3. Something like compare the titles of Chemistry and one other story (I did Snowdrops) and how they are important in the stories.

I also did question 25a) I had to compare ''On my first sonne'' and a poem of my choice from Duffy, so I picked ''Before you were mine'' and had to compare how the author made us feel sympathetic for the speaker.

and b)Had to compare two poems of my choice (One from pre-1914 and Armitage) so I picked ''The Laboratory'' and ''Hitcher'' to compare how the speakers make the reader feel disturbed.

I can't stand questions where you have to compare all four poems at once.
same
for q.3 i done Flight+Chemistry, they're like the only ones that i know well enough. done about 2 and a half pages for that
for 25 a) i done on my first sonne, and education for leisure, and in b) i done hitcher + my last duchess. i done about a page and a bit for that
im screwed so bad, i hardly did any for the poetry comparisons. im not allowed to retake it next year either, coz my teacher put me down for not being allowed coz i wouldnt do any work in class/revision.
tbh i didnt care that much

English
22-05-2007, 08:21 PM
A year on and you still have to read that ****** poetry "/

I hope when I have kids they get given better poetry to read than that utter *****

Soka
23-05-2007, 08:11 AM
A year on and you still have to read that ****** poetry "/

I hope when I have kids they get given better poetry to read than that utter *****

i think were the last year to do that poetry

but theyre changing the syllabus with more, different poetry

Samster
23-05-2007, 09:29 AM
I did Of Mice and Men second question, and 25 (a) and 25 (b) Comparing On my First Sonne and Anne Hathaway for the first part of the question, and comparing My Last Duchess and Hitcher for the second part

I found it really easy, much easier than I thought it would be

Seren
23-05-2007, 12:46 PM
I done question 7 (Of Mice and Men) then question 20 a.

I done the wrong poems though...

Stab
24-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Urr i did OCR..
Not sure on the numbers but; Journeys End question extract one, about how does Sherriff interest the audience, think that went ok
and
Poetry the Flanders feilds and Falling leaves one on death
and
Peices of silver and the winter oak q ;D!

Frodo13.
24-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Urr i did OCR..
Not sure on the numbers but; Journeys End question extract one, about how does Sherriff interest the audience, think that went ok
and
Poetry the Flanders feilds and Falling leaves one on death
and
Peices of silver and the winter oak q ;D!

I think most of the people did AQA. Do you get a OCR Anthology? The AQA exam can get extreamly confussing, having to look up where the lit you studied is. I know its not exactly hard, but for some people, the stress of exams can get so bad that people mess up on simple things like that.

ross
24-05-2007, 11:35 AM
it's different here o_O
we didnt have question numbers..

i just answered 2 questions on mice of men and inspector calls then read a poetry and gave my opinion..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!