PDA

View Full Version : Transfer News/Speculation.

Hoodstar
23-05-2007, 03:37 PM
A thread to post news about major transfer's in the Premiership, La Liga, Seria A or whatever.

As the summer transfer window is soon to begin, post any News or Speculation about your teams players or Major signings around the globe.

I'll start off..

source:guardian.co.uk

Portsmouth have signed Sylvain Distin on a three-year deal after the French defender quit Manchester City yesterday.Pompey manager Harry Redknapp had been interested in signing Distin last summer but former City manager Stuart Pearce refused to let him leave, hoping he could be persuaded to sign a new contract. Instead Distin saw out the last season of his deal at City, where he has played for the last five years, and left yesterday citing the desire to pursue "a fresh challenge".

Distin, who cost £4million when he joined the Blues from Paris St Germain in 2002, turned down one last contract offer from City - rumoured to be the biggest in the club's history - before leaving. The terms of his deal at City have not been released, but it was rumoured yesterday that he had been offered £40,000 a week.
He could soon be joined by Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari, who is expected to be Redknapp's next summer capture.

#HS

Swp.
23-05-2007, 04:15 PM
alot of the stuff is here and im sure skysports is more trusty than any news paper http://home.skysports.com/transfernews.aspx?type=showtransfernews

sidwell signs for chelsea how shocking is that

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/s/1007/1007568_chelsea_sign_sidwell.html

also other sites say this just type chelsea sign sidwell on google

Hoodstar
23-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Yup, slightly suprising.. I don't see him being anymore than a fringe player apart from the period where Essien, Mikel & Kalou are away on African Cup of Nations duty. The rest of the year will be spent seat warming.

Also, Gareth Bale is going to have a medical at Spurs within the next 24Hrs according to sources close to Bale, Even though reports are that Southampton are denying these claims.

Dj-Stu
23-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Owen to United for 11 million?
Heregraves to united for 25 millon?
Hearts keeper to aresneal for 1 million?

Grainger@CUFC
23-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Heregraves to united for 25 millon?

I thought Hargreaves was £17 million :S.

Anyway, Leon Constantine to Carlisle from Port Vale
Grant Holt (Forest) may be as well, but I can't see that.
David Nugent to Everton from Preston (been a rumour for a while now)
Karl Hawley to Preston from Carlisle
Peter Murphy to Gretna from Carlisle
Stephen Huntingdon (sp?) to Carlisle from Newcastle

All I can think of concerning at the minute ;).

Jamie!
23-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I thought Hargreaves was £17 million :S.

Anyway, Leon Constantine to Carlisle from Port Vale
Grant Holt (Forest) may be as well, but I can't see that.
David Nugent to Everton from Preston (been a rumour for a while now)
Karl Hawley to Preston from Carlisle
Peter Murphy to Gretna from Carlisle
Stephen Huntingdon (sp?) to Carlisle from Newcastle

All I can think of concerning at the minute ;).

it's paul huntington, not stephen :P

he's from carlisle n all, used to go to trinity.

Sharpsterz
23-05-2007, 09:01 PM
pompey always get the free transfers and turn them good again

sol and kanu for example

STEVE SIDWELL IS A W***** IS A W******

Jordie
23-05-2007, 09:03 PM
ive heard marc bircham from qpr is either going to join millwall or luton
kevin nicholls is a possibility:)

Hoodstar
23-05-2007, 10:36 PM
source: portsmouthtoday.co.uk

Sylvain Distin and Sulley Muntari were today joining Pompey.

The out-of-contract Distin flew into Southampton Airport this morning before driving to Fratton Park to sign a three-year deal.

Muntari has agreed a five-year deal for a club record fee in the region of £7m. :o

And Charlton defender Hermann Hreidarsson is poised to follow them into Fratton later this week.

Grainger@CUFC
24-05-2007, 03:39 PM
it's paul huntington, not stephen :P

he's from carlisle n all, used to go to trinity.

Least you knew who he was :P. Didn't have the paper to hand otherwise I'd have got it from there. Aye he played in the FA Schools Cup Final or something a couple of years back. Would be a very good signing seeing as we need another centre back or two.

Jordie
24-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Least you knew who he was :P. Didn't have the paper to hand otherwise I'd have got it from there. Aye he played in the FA Schools Cup Final or something a couple of years back. Would be a very good signing seeing as we need another centre back or two.

yea hes a good player played a couple of times for newcastle;)

Hoodstar
25-05-2007, 08:03 PM
source: bbc.co.uk/sport

Defender Jlloyd Samuel has agreed a deal to join Bolton on a free transfer from Aston Villa.

The 26-year-old will sign a four-year contract on 1 July.
Samuel joined Villa as an apprentice and went on to make 150 appearances but he has struggled to secure first-team football this season.

Bolton boss Sammy Lee told the club website: "He's versatile and will offer us quality in a number of positions, which is vital for our squad."

Samuel is Lee's first signing since taking over from Sam Allardyce as Bolton manager.

And he is hoping the move will kickstart his career.

"I was at Viilla for 10 years and when you have been at a place for so long you become part of the furniture," he told Bolton's website.

"I felt like I needed a change and I'm sure that by coming up to Bolton I will get myself playing again. Bolton is the club to get my career back on track."

Jordie
25-05-2007, 09:03 PM

Defender Jlloyd Samuel has agreed a deal to join Bolton on a free transfer from Aston Villa.

The 26-year-old will sign a four-year contract on 1 July.
Samuel joined Villa as an apprentice and went on to make 150 appearances but he has struggled to secure first-team football this season.

Bolton boss Sammy Lee told the club website: "He's versatile and will offer us quality in a number of positions, which is vital for our squad."

Samuel is Lee's first signing since taking over from Sam Allardyce as Bolton manager.

And he is hoping the move will kickstart his career.

"I was at Viilla for 10 years and when you have been at a place for so long you become part of the furniture," he told Bolton's website.

"I felt like I needed a change and I'm sure that by coming up to Bolton I will get myself playing again. Bolton is the club to get my career back on track."

hard to say whether he'll be a good signing becoz he hasnt played much recently

btw ive requested this thread to be stickied save people bumping it;)

Hoodstar
26-05-2007, 12:52 PM

source: independent.co.uk

Liverpool's efforts to meet the transfer demands of their manager Rafael Benitez have produced an ambitious £12m price tag on the head of Craig Bellamy, the Wales international striker expected to lead an exodus of players from Anfield this summer.

Aston Villa, West Ham and Blackburn are all in the market for the 27-year-old forward, who is surplus to requirements at Liverpool after struggling to adapt to Benitez's rotation policy, but have been stunned to discover his value has doubled after one disappointing season on Merseyside.

Liverpool capitalised on a release clause in Bellamy's contract with Blackburn last summer that stipulated he could join any Champions League qualifying club prepared to pay £6m, yet, while that fee was below the market value for the player at the time, his subsequent performances have done little to justify their opening negotiating position. In 23 Premiership starts Bellamy scored seven goals for Liverpool last season, compared to 13 goals in 22 League starts at Ewood Park the previous campaign.

A £12m asking price reflects an understanding of the wealth available at Villa Park and Upton Park this summer, where respective owners Randy Lerner and Eggert Magnusson are expected to spend heavily, although it puts Bellamy beyond the budget of his former club Blackburn. It also signals Liverpool's intent to maximise the revenue available to Benitez this close season, one the Spaniard heralded as pivotal to the club and his own future at Anfield in a challenge to co-chairmen George Gillet and Tom Hicks following the European Cup final defeat to Milan this week.

Gillet promised unequivocal support for Benitez in his transfer dealings yesterday, claiming he and Hicks would purchase "Snoogy Doogy" if the Liverpool manager wanted the rap star (or his tribute act?) at Anfield, but the Spaniard made clear in Thursday's criticism of the club that he is " tired of talking... we talk and talk but never finish" and it is hard figures beyond the approximate £25m he currently has earmarked for two major signings that he wants to hear from the Americans.

"[Michael] Owen is a great player but it is down to Rafa's recommendation, not us," added Gillet in response to the emergence of the former Liverpool striker's £9m release-clause at Newcastle. " Rafa's feeling is we need more depth because of the rigours of the schedule to be competitive. That's where the genius of the manager is so essential and that's where Tom and I have to defer to his background and genius."

Bellamy would yield a higher profit than many of the players Benitez is prepared to offload this summer. Bolo Zenden, Robbie Fowler and Jerzy Dudek are all free agents, while Mark Gonzalez is close to completing a cut-price move to Real Betis 12 months after his £4.5m arrival from Albacete, although the Liverpool manager is open to offers for several more.

Aflux
26-05-2007, 01:32 PM
We've signed Fabianski :)

Dentafrice♥
26-05-2007, 01:48 PM
kl also tottenham bought a couple of players

Antallica
26-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Bolton have got Jay Loyd Samuel or something from Aston Villa.

Aflux
26-05-2007, 04:19 PM
kl also tottenham bought a couple of playersWho are they then?

Antallica
26-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I want defoe to go blackburn :D Dno why. just think he would be a good player.

Jordie
26-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I want defoe to go blackburn :D Dno why. just think he would be a good player.

how random is that lmao
has he even been linked with a move there:S

Hoodstar
26-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I think Defore should take a leap accross over to Arsenal personally. Their the only top 4 side in need of a Striker.. but I spose United wouldn't mind him.

He needs out of tottenham though, Berbatov & Keane have got their partnership on lock-down right now.

source: thetimesonline.com

"He may be joined by a left winger, central defender and a forward at Tottenham. Nikola Zigic, the Racing Santander forward, is a target to replace Mido, who is for sale. Tottenham’s share price reached 126p last night – compared with 51p last year – fuelling speculation of a takeover."

Ha, I remember Mido being one of the hottest young talents a few years ago.

================================================== ========

source: news.bbc.co.uk

Poland goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has joined Arsenal from Legia Warsaw.

The 22-year-old has signed a "long-term" contract for the Gunners for an undisclosed fee.

Fabianski has made four appearances for his country and was voted the Polish league's best goalkeeper for the previous two seasons after.
The understudy to Celtic's Artur Boruc in the Poland national team will join Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almunia in Arsenal's keeper ranks.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger told the club's official website: "We are pleased to have signed Lukasz Fabianski.

"He is a very good young goalkeeper who will provide good support to our squad.

"He has performed consistently well for Legia Warsaw in recent seasons and was rightfully rewarded with a place in the Polish World Cup squad.
"Lukasz will be a big asset to our squad and we are looking forward to him joining us for pre-season."

Fabianski said: "I am delighted to be joining Arsenal. They are a great club with many world-class players and I am really looking forward to meeting my new team-mates.

"Arsenal is one of the biggest and best clubs in Europe and I hope that I can help the team win trophies in the future."

I've seen a vid of this guy on YouTube, he does look the biz. A rather flamboyant goalkeeper :)

source: kumb.com

Club captain Nigel Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request, it has been confirmed this afternoon.
Reo-Coker's agent, Tony Finnigan, confirmed that he had become the third player to ask for a move since United's Premiership place was assured a fortnight ago, following the recent requests by Paul Konchesky and John Paintsil.

Talking to SkySports, Finnigan said:

I can confirm that Nigel has officially handed in a transfer request. He hopes his future will be resolved in the next few weeks.

"As I said on Sky Sports in January, Nigel would get his head down and work to keep West Ham in the Premiership. That is exactly what he did.

"At the end of the day he never felt wanted but I am sure he will have a bright future elsewhere - although I am surprised that a 22-year-old Londoner who is captain of his club is being allowed to leave."

Reo-Coker's last 12 months at Upton Park have been little short of a disaster. He first fell foul of the club's supporters when cupping his hand to his ears after prodding home the winning goal against Manchester United - an action deemed as a direct attack on fans who had criticised him (justifiably) for his awful early-season form.

In October it was confirmed that an August deadline-day transfer enquiry from an unnamed club had been rejected by the Hammers without Reo-Coker being notified - thought by many to be the root of his issues.

In December the odious Finnigan claimed that Reo-Coker had received hate mail from United fans - a charge which was subsequently amended to refer to one letter the player had received via the Chadwell Heath training ground mail.

Some weeks later Finnigan claimed that the England under-21 captain had been the victim of racist abuse from home fans - once again, a claim without any evidence.

Most recently Reo-Coker laughed when asked by the BBC whether he would be playing for West Ham in the 07/08 before claiming that he had saved the club from relegation; a step too far for many United supporters who by now had simply had enough of the antics of Reo-Coker and his unscrupulous representative.

Man Utd maybe?

Hoodstar
26-05-2007, 07:22 PM
source: timesonline.co.uk

Pennant is granted stay of execution as BenÍtez wields axe

It is a sign of the progress that Jermaine Pennant has made at Liverpool in recent months that when Rafael BenÍtez was spelling out his vision for the future of the club after their Champions League final defeat by AC Milan, the winger was resting easier than some around him.

Had the manager’s call for change come midway through the season, Pennant might have had serious cause to worry about his future at Anfield, but as others were hastened towards the exit yesterday, it appears that the improvement in the 24-year-old’s form has won him a reprieve.

Pennant is some way off being an integral member of BenÍtez’s team and the player acknowledged as he left the Olympic Stadium in Athens on Wednesday night that he will have to reproduce the form he showed in the first half against Milan on a consistent basis to achieve that status, but having looked out of his depth during the first months of the season, recent signs have been more encouraging.

Surprisingly, Pennant made more appearances – 52 – than any other Liverpool player this term, although the fact that he started in only 33 of those matches and managed only one goal – albeit a cracker against Chelsea – emphasises that there is plenty of room for improvement.
It is also why you would not hear Marek Jankulovski, the Milan left back, trumpeting the talents of Pennant above Cristiano Ronaldo, even though the Liverpool winger gave him a far tougher time in the final than the Portuguese did for Manchester United in the semi-final, second leg at the San Siro.

With the exception of Dirk Kuyt, Pennant has been the best of the signings BenÍtez made last summer, but while that might not mean much, with Mark González and Craig Bellamy on their way out – with Aston Villa preparing an £8 million bid for the latter, in the face of competition from West Ham United and Blackburn Rovers – and Gabriel Paletta and Fabio Aurélio having made next to no impact, there are grounds for optimism.

The most obvious thing lacking is a goal threat – Morten Gamst Pedersen, a possible target for BenÍtez this summer, scored eight times for Blackburn from the flanks, while Ronaldo claimed 23 goals for United – but Pennant’s crossing is improving, he does not dribble down as many blind alleys as he used to and his newfound maturity has made a refreshing change to the controversies of the past.

An England call-up cannot be ruled out and would provide another boost to Pennant’s confidence, even if his focus is on Liverpool. “I admit I was getting a bit of bad press at first and the fans got on my back a bit and it was hard to deal with, but as soon as you get some games under your belt and you start playing well you gain in confidence,” he said.

“I had to adapt to a new manager, new players, the expectations of the fans, but in the second half of the season I think I’ve come into my own. I think I’ve shown what I am capable of and starting in the Champions League final must show that, in the boss’s eyes, I’m doing something right. I feel I have matured so much since I came to Liverpool. I needed to do that and now I am.”

BenÍtez, nonetheless, is on the search for a new winger. But while one of the priorities is to offload Bellamy, even if the club have to lower their £12 million valuation of the Wales striker, the manager is keen to move quickly. David Silva, of Valencia, is under consideration and reports in France hint at interest in Florent Malouda, of Lyons.

- Uefa’s corporate sponsors have denied that some of their Champions League final tickets ended up on the black market in Athens on Wednesday. “It’s highly unlikely,” a spokesman for Vodafone said. “They were in such demand. They were used to entertain business contacts and each one was hosted by someone from Vodafone.”

================================================== =======

Good on him :)

Hoodstar
26-05-2007, 07:25 PM
source: arsenal.com

Keeper Mart Poom transferred to Watford

Mart Poom has joined Watford in a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.
The Estonian stopper, who has made 112 international appearances for his country, joined Arsenal from Sunderland in August 2005. Initially it was a loan deal but the move was made permanent the following January.

Poom, 35, made two first team appearances during his time with Arsenal, making his Premiership debut for the Gunners in the last game of the season at Portsmouth.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Mart for his contribution during his time with the Club and wish him the best of luck with Watford.

About time.. Poom was a legend for Derby back in their premiership days ;]

Edited by Rafael (Super Moderator): Please don't double post.

Aflux
27-05-2007, 09:37 AM
No offence but I don't think you need to c&p everything.

Jamie!
27-05-2007, 01:34 PM
we've been linked with a move for dougie freedman.. dunno how good he is though nowadays.

Hoodstar
27-05-2007, 02:18 PM
lol, aint Dougie Freedmen like 30 odd? Bit of a hero I seem to remember.

================================================== ========================

source: teamtalk.com
Ahmed completes Tranmere deal

Adnan Ahmed has signed for League One rivals Tranmere on a two-year deal after he was released by new Huddersfield boss Andy Richie.

The 22-year-old was one of seven players released by the Terriers at the end of the season and the first to find a new club.

Ahmed, a graduate of the Town academy, said: "This is a new challenge for me and I can't wait for next season.

"Tranmere seems a really positive place and it seems like the club for me."
The talented midfielder, who made his first-team debut for Huddersfield as an 18-year-old against Rochdale in September 2003, has made only 10 appearances for the Terriers this season following a series of injuries.

Hoodstar
28-05-2007, 03:24 PM
source: bbc.co.uk

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has been told by manager Rafael Benitez that he has a future at the club.

The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from Anfield as Benitez rebuilds his team over the summer.

But Crouch said: "Benitez told me I'm part of his plans and that's good enough for me. I'll relax over the summer and come back hungry for more.
"At Liverpool there's going to be competition for places, especially as the manager likes to chop and change."

The tall striker joined Liverpool from Southampton for £7m in July 2005 and has scored 17 goals in 46 Premiership appearances.

Crouch came on as a substitute in the Champions League final against AC Milan and is currently training with the England squad ahead of their games with Brazil and Estonia.

The 26-year-old was competing with Dirk Kuyt, Craig Bellamy and Robbie Fowler for a starting berth at Liverpool last season.

Fowler has not been offered a new deal while Bellamy has been strongly linked with a move away from the club as Benitez rebuilds the Reds.

The Spanish coach is expected to spend heavily in the summer following the takeover of the club by American duo George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

"Benitez is going to bring top class players in so you always have to be on your toes," added Crouch.

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 11:33 AM

Northern Ireland striker David Healy is reported to be joining Fulham later this week in a £1m move from relegated Leeds United.

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez was a big admirer of the 27-year-old during his time as Northern Ireland manager.

Sanchez said in January that he was stunned a Premiership club had not come in for the former Preston player.

Northern Ireland and Aston Villa pair Aaron Hughes and Steve Davis are also targets for Sanchez.

Defender Hughes and midfielder Davis struggled to hold down a regular place at Villa Park last season.

Healy had been linked with a move to Rangers and it is believed Marseille, CSKA Moscow and Galatasaray made offers for the forward.
Healy has been prolific for his county and he is the record scorer, with 29 goals in 56 games.

However, he has failed to replicate his international heroics for Leeds.
United have been suspended from trading in the transfer market until Friday after going into administration and Healy is expected to complete the switch soon after.

"If I was a Premiership boss he would certainly be a player I would look at if goalscoring was a problem," Sanchez said in January.
"I've no doubt if he got the chance to play at the top level he would score goals at the top level.

"His strike rate for Northern Ireland is ridiculous - it's not far off one in two and he doesn't just score against the Latvias of this world.
"I could pick out a weakness in every player from Andriy Shevchenko on - but you don't look at weaknesses when strengths far outnumber them, as they do with David.

"And his main strength is simple - he scores goals."
Sanchez's comments on Healy angered Leeds boss and former Wimbledon team-mate Dennis Wise.

"I'm fed up with him saying how he can't believe how no-one has come in for David Healy," said Wise.

CJW93
29-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Brentford sign Glen Poole
source: myspace

Jordie
29-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Northern Ireland striker David Healy is reported to be joining Fulham later this week in a £1m move from relegated Leeds United.

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez was a big admirer of the 27-year-old during his time as Northern Ireland manager.

Sanchez said in January that he was stunned a Premiership club had not come in for the former Preston player.

Northern Ireland and Aston Villa pair Aaron Hughes and Steve Davis are also targets for Sanchez.

Defender Hughes and midfielder Davis struggled to hold down a regular place at Villa Park last season.

Healy had been linked with a move to Rangers and it is believed Marseille, CSKA Moscow and Galatasaray made offers for the forward.
Healy has been prolific for his county and he is the record scorer, with 29 goals in 56 games.

However, he has failed to replicate his international heroics for Leeds.
United have been suspended from trading in the transfer market until Friday after going into administration and Healy is expected to complete the switch soon after.

"If I was a Premiership boss he would certainly be a player I would look at if goalscoring was a problem," Sanchez said in January.
"I've no doubt if he got the chance to play at the top level he would score goals at the top level.

"His strike rate for Northern Ireland is ridiculous - it's not far off one in two and he doesn't just score against the Latvias of this world.
"I could pick out a weakness in every player from Andriy Shevchenko on - but you don't look at weaknesses when strengths far outnumber them, as they do with David.

"And his main strength is simple - he scores goals."
Sanchez's comments on Healy angered Leeds boss and former Wimbledon team-mate Dennis Wise.

"I'm fed up with him saying how he can't believe how no-one has come in for David Healy," said Wise.

yeh we'll soon see if he lives up to the expectation in the prem
i wouldnt bank on it tbh

:Hazel
29-05-2007, 11:38 AM
He won't I don't think. This may be biased but Earnshaw is a better striker than him in my opinion.

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Earnshaw's okay.. but personally hes never proved himself in the premiership. I think he's had 2 seasons up there before? Not sure..

Personally, the strikers which HAVE to be signed this summer from the Championship are David Nugent & Darren Bent. Least them 2 have got proven talent. And they could be signed for what.. 3/4Million each?

Jordie
29-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Earnshaw's okay.. but personally hes never proved himself in the premiership. I think he's had 2 seasons up there before? Not sure..

Personally, the strikers which HAVE to be signed this summer from the Championship are David Nugent & Darren Bent. Least them 2 have got proven talent. And they could be signed for what.. 3/4Million each?

im not too sure about nugent either tbh
never really shone against us this season and sometimes can we awful
earnshaw i think is a better play now than he was before
diomansy kamara and jason koumas are worthy of the premiership aswell

News-Reporter
29-05-2007, 11:52 AM
frank lampard going man utd for 34 M

Aflux
29-05-2007, 12:07 PM
frank lampard going man utd for 34 M
Your source?

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Lmao, to Man Utd? No chance..

He'll head off to Spain or Italy if he's shown the door at chelsea.

And also, that Kamara is apparently heading to Roma according to Jonathan Greening who later told Sky Sports News.

Players to sign from the Championship I think are;

J.Koumas (WBA)
D.Bent (Charlton)
D.Nugent (Preston)
M.Holland (Charlton)
J.Thomas (Charlton)
R.Hulse (Sheffield U)
P.Jagielka (Sheffield U - Apparently moving to Everton next week?)
M.Tonge (Sheffield U)
P.Kenny (Sheffield U)
K.Phillips (WBA - I think he's got one more good year in him)

I'm sure there are more but they seem to be the more "obvious".

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 12:25 PM
source: bbc.co.uk - News Paper reports.

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Liverpool will make a £10m bid for France and Lyon winger Florent Malouda. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze, who is wanted by Real Madrid, Villarreal and Juventus, is so desperate to leave Old Trafford he could invoke the new Fifa ruling and buy out the remainder of his contract. (Daily Mirror)

Leeds striker David Healy will join Fulham for £1m. (The Sun)

Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov, who has been linked to Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, will sign a new contract within the next fortnight after team-mate Robbie Keane penned a fresh £10m deal on Monday. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are set to make a £3m bid for Sheffield Wednesday defender Frankie Simek. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth have launched a £10.5m double swoop for Lyon's former Liverpool midfielder Alou Diarra and Rennes striker John Utaka. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield United midfielder Phil Jagielka is set to tell the club he wants a move to Everton. (Various)

Dundee United and St Johnstone could move for Queens Park striker David Weatherston. (Daily Record)

Kilmarnock are interested in signing Queens Park goalkeeper David Crawford. (Daily Record)

West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker wants a transfer to either Arsenal or Manchester United. (The Guardian)

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is on the verge of raiding his old club Bolton to make defender Tal Ben Haim his first signing. (Mirror)

Middlesbrough will move for Fulham captain Michael Brown if they fail to land Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton. (Mirror)

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is ready to pay £1.8m for Charlton winger Jerome Thomas. (Mirror)

Newcastle, Fulham, Reading and Wigan are fighting it out to sign Liverpool centre-back Sami Hyypia. (Mirror)

Celtic are lining up a shock bid for 31-year-old Swedish goalkeeper Rami Shaaban, formerly of Arsenal. (Scottish Daily Express)

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez will be given a £10m war chest to sign Leeds' David Healy, QPR's Lee Cook and Aston Villa's Steve Davis. (Daily Mail)

Antallica
29-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Nice info +rep for post above.

Jordie
29-05-2007, 12:31 PM
source: bbc.co.uk - News Paper reports.

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Liverpool will make a £10m bid for France and Lyon winger Florent Malouda. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze, who is wanted by Real Madrid, Villarreal and Juventus, is so desperate to leave Old Trafford he could invoke the new Fifa ruling and buy out the remainder of his contract. (Daily Mirror)

Leeds striker David Healy will join Fulham for £1m. (The Sun)

Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov, who has been linked to Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, will sign a new contract within the next fortnight after team-mate Robbie Keane penned a fresh £10m deal on Monday. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are set to make a £3m bid for Sheffield Wednesday defender Frankie Simek. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth have launched a £10.5m double swoop for Lyon's former Liverpool midfielder Alou Diarra and Rennes striker John Utaka. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield United midfielder Phil Jagielka is set to tell the club he wants a move to Everton. (Various)

Dundee United and St Johnstone could move for Queens Park striker David Weatherston. (Daily Record)

Kilmarnock are interested in signing Queens Park goalkeeper David Crawford. (Daily Record)

West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker wants a transfer to either Arsenal or Manchester United. (The Guardian)

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is on the verge of raiding his old club Bolton to make defender Tal Ben Haim his first signing. (Mirror)

Middlesbrough will move for Fulham captain Michael Brown if they fail to land Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton. (Mirror)

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is ready to pay £1.8m for Charlton winger Jerome Thomas. (Mirror)

Newcastle, Fulham, Reading and Wigan are fighting it out to sign Liverpool centre-back Sami Hyypia. (Mirror)

Celtic are lining up a shock bid for 31-year-old Swedish goalkeeper Rami Shaaban, formerly of Arsenal. (Scottish Daily Express)

Fulham boss Lawrie Sanchez will be given a £10m war chest to sign Leeds' David Healy, QPR's Lee Cook and Aston Villa's Steve Davis. (Daily Mail)

go on please sign lee cook;)

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 12:37 PM
source: skysports.com

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry has confirmed Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa is a summer transfer target for Rafa Benitez.

Speaking to Portuguese daily A Bola, Parry revealed Simao's is a name that appears on the Spaniard's shopping list.

But Parry denied that his club had already held talks with Benfica regarding a transfer.

Liverpool are expected to spend heavily this summer, but a deal for Simao may involve a swap for out-of-favour Djibril Cisse, the France international who spent last season on loan at Marseille.

Parry confirmed: "There are players we are interested in and Simao is one. But we have made no contact with Benfica. A swap with Cisse could be a possibility."

Cisse's agent, Ranko Stojic, refused to rule out the switch but revealed the player's preference would be for a move to either Spain or England.

"Anything is possible but Djibril's priority is to move to a club in either England or Spain who are in the Champions League," Stojic told A Bola.
"Liverpool will not be able to decide Cisse's future without the authorisation of the player."

Stojic's claim puts a question mark against Marseille's bid to finalise a fresh deal for Cisse.

I swear they've been linked with this guy for the past 2/3 seasons & nothing ever comes through.. abit like Fernando Torres with Man Utd.

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Nice little report here about Man Utd & their summer spendings - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1007/1007923_reds_hunt_for_klaas.html

edible
29-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Jagielka wants to come to us, he's putting in a request @ Sheffield so he can move to his boyhood club.

Nugent's been a rumour for a very long time, he's wanted to come to us for ages, he's a die hard Evertonian. We'll either sign his this window (for a big price that Nugent think he's worth), January (On a cheap) at the end of the season (cos his contract ends and on a free).

We've been linked with Baines or Barnes?! not sure which one cos it's confusing, may have been, want to come back to their boyhood club.

Jordie
29-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Jagielka wants to come to us, he's putting in a request @ Sheffield so he can move to his boyhood club.

Nugent's been a rumour for a very long time, he's wanted to come to us for ages, he's a die hard Evertonian. We'll either sign his this window (for a big price that Nugent think he's worth), January (On a cheap) at the end of the season (cos his contract ends and on a free).

We've been linked with Baines or Barnes?! not sure which one cos it's confusing, may have been, want to come back to their boyhood club.

baines probably because i think barnes commited to staying with derby for next season;)

Antallica
29-05-2007, 05:24 PM
:D Good transfer news.

edible
29-05-2007, 05:24 PM
baines probably because i think barnes commited to staying with derby for next season;)
it was baines, just found out then.
aharr.

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 10:37 PM

Shrewsbury Town boss Gary Peters has released skipper Richard Hope and fellow defender Sagi Burton.

"They have been brilliant around the dressing room all season and I'm disappointed to see them go," Peters told the club's website.

"Richard has been a great captain. He has also been away from his family for two years as they have remained in the North East."

Loan signings Leo Fortune-West and Mike Jones have returned to their clubs.

Hoodstar
29-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Source: teamtalk.co.uk

Reo-Coker hoping for Arsenal offer

West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker will not commit himself to Tottenham as he is holding out for a move to their north London rivals Arsenal.

Spurs are thought to have registered their interest in the 23-year-old since he handed in a transfer request at Upton Park, but Reo-Coker has set his sights on Champions League football next season.

The player's advisor Tony Finnigan insists there is plenty of interest in the England under-21 captain but it is uncertain how many clubs are willing to pay the Hammers (http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1765_2155266,00.html#)' £9million asking price.

Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa are among those to be linked with Reo-Coker but he is thought to favour a move to the Emirates Stadium.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has long been an admirer of the midfielder but he is likely to wait for the Hammers to lower their valuation.

Meanwhile Alan Curbishley is already looking at replacements for Reo-Coker and has made Newcastle skipper Scott Parker his number one target.

The 26-year-old is keen for a return south and Magpies boss Sam Allardyce will not stand in his way if the Hammers make an acceptable offer of around £7million.

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't double post.

30-05-2007, 09:04 AM
We have tabled a bid for Billy Sharp (s****horpe) who scored 32 goals last season.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 10:48 AM
We have tabled a bid for Billy Sharp (s****horpe) who scored 32 goals last season.

yeh ive heard about that, 2.5mil is a lot of money hope he lives up to the expectation:)

Jamie!
30-05-2007, 10:52 AM
billy sharpe will be a good signing, aslong as he gets the service from the midfield, he will hit the back of the net 9 times out of 10.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 11:02 AM
liverpool are bidding 12 million for david silva from valencia
( the sun )

wolves are ready to launch a 400,000 bid for nottingham forest winger kris commons
( the sun )

Colin Kazim Richards is joining fernabache for 1 million
( the sun )

Pompey are ready to sign sulley muntari for 7 million
( the sun )

Mk dons signing lee canoville has been delayed until they find a new manager
( the sun )

30-05-2007, 11:36 AM
yeh ive heard about that, 2.5mil is a lot of money hope he lives up to the expectation:)

i hope he does for he sake of us aswell. it is a risk but it paid off with ashton so it can be done...

billy sharpe will be a good signing, aslong as he gets the service from the midfield, he will hit the back of the net 9 times out of 10.

we need to buy some midfielders too :P

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 12:18 PM
source: manchestereveningnews.co.uk

Club bids to sign jailed striker

A SOCCER star jailed for killing a man in a car crash has been given the chance to rebuild his career by Oldham Athletic.

Club bosses visited ex- Premiership striker Lee Hughes in prison to offer him a two-year contract if he wins parole in August.

Hughes, 31, is three years into a six-year sentence for causing death by dangerous driving.

The controversial deal was arranged after officials held face-to-face meetings with Hughes at Featherstone prison in Wolverhampton.

Second chance

Simon Corney, Oldham's managing director, revealed he recently met Hughes with assistant manager Tommy Wright to discuss terms.

"I can confirm that we've been in contact and we have the opportunity to agree a deal," he said. "It's important to stress that in no way does the club condone Lee's actions, nor take lightly the distress that this incident caused, and we are expecting criticism - but I think every- body deserves a second chance.

"This is purely a footballing decision and I'd admit there's an element of a gamble, although he was an excellent player and has kept himself very fit.

"He can't wait for the opportunity to get out and start playing again and it is something of a coup for us to have attracted a player of his calibre.

"We hope this works out for both parties."

Hughes was playing for West Bromwich Albion when he crashed his £100,000 Mercedes into a Renault while driving in Meriden, near Coventry, in November 2003.

There were four people travelling in the Renault, including Douglas Graham, 56, a father of four, who died of his injuries.

Mr Graham's wife Maureen and the driver, Albert Frisby, were seriously injured. Hughes, who had been drinking in a pub, fled the scene and did not turn himself in to police for 36 hours.

He was convicted at Coventry Crown Court of causing death by dangerous driving and jailed for six years after a judge said he had shown a `callous disregard' for the safety of the four people in the Renault.

West Bromwich Albion immediately terminated his £16,000-a-week contract which still had two years to run. Hughes has applied to be released on parole on August 21 and the contract with Oldham will be formally signed if his bid is successful.

Players in Coca-Cola League 1 can command six-figure salaries, but the club has not revealed how much it would pay Hughes, saying only that the contract reflects the time he has been `out of the game'.

Hughes is married to Croatian Anna Kuzmanic and the couple, who lived in a £750,000 mock-Tudor mansion in Meriden before his conviction, have a daughter, Mia.

Playing

During his spell in jail, he has been playing for the prison football team in the Staffordshire County League and it has also been reported that he converted to Islam.

The move to sign Hughes came about when Oldham Athletic director Barry Owen wrote to him in prison.

The player's wife and father were invited to attend a match at Boundary Park and arranged for the club officials to visit him.

Mr Owen said: "I corresponded with Lee and he is hungry to make a new start in life.

"I fully understand the tragic repercussions of this incident and the pain it caused the family concerned. I'm certain that Lee and his family are regretful and full of remorse for all that has happened.

"We would never condone anybody breaking the law in this fashion, but Lee has almost served his time and, if it were not us, there would be a queue of other clubs waiting to sign him.

"The offer reflects the time he has been out of the game and he will sign as soon as he is in a suitable position to do so."

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 12:20 PM
source: teamtalk.com

Big Sam to trigger midfield shuffle

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has reportedly set his sights on Joey Barton in a move that could see Scott Parker on the move to West Ham (http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2157428,00.html#).

From the comfort of his holiday home in France, Allardyce has reportedly set about orchestrating a mass shake up involving some of the Premiership's top midfielders.

According to reports, Allardyce is willing to take a gamble on Manchester City bad boy Barton, who has been told he can leave Eastlands for the right price. But any move for Barton is expected to come at the expense of the Magpies club captain Parker, who has been a transfer target for Hammers boss Alan Curbishley since January.

At the time any possible move fell through due to West Ham's relegation fight, but it now seems a reunion with Parker's former Charlton manager could be on the cards. If Curbishley was to swoop for his former Charlton captain, Allardyce would be reportedly prepared to let him go for £8million.
The Magpies manager is then tipped to use those funds to launch a bid for Barton, who comes with a £5.5million price tag.

Despite his off-field problems, Big Sam is ready to take a risk on Barton and clearly feels he can get the best out of the midfielder, who is also wanted by a clutch of other clubs.

And should West Ham seal a deal for Parker, the Hammers are then expected to sanction the departure of their own captain, Nigel Reo-Coker, who has expressed a desire to leave Upton Park and is being tipped to join Tottenham.

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't double post.

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 12:38 PM
source: bbc.co.uk/sport - Various Newspapers.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is in the hunt for Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Ajax's Klass Jan Huntelaar. (Daily Star)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants to make £12m Valencia winger David Silva his first summer signing. (The Sun)

The Reds are ready to offer Djibril Cisse in part-exchange for Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa. (Daily Star)

Liverpool hope to make Lyon midfielder Florent Malouda their first signing. (The Guardian)

Newcastle want Manchester City's Joey Barton and are prepared to let fellow midfielder Scott Parker move to West Ham for £8m. (Daily Mirror)

AC Milan want Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko to return to the club on loan. (Daily Mirror)

West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas may lead the exodus from the club after the failure to gain promotion to the Premiership. (Various)

Arsenal are targeting West Brom captain Curtis Davies. (Daily Mirror)

Coventry want to sign Ipswich striker Alan Lee in a £400,000 swoop. (Daily Mirror)

Kanu's dispute at Portsmouth has alerted Spanish La Liga clubs Osasuna and Espanol. (Daily Mirror)

Reading are keen on Luton's Leon Barnett but the Hatters are asking for £3m. (Daily Mirror)

Cardiff skipper Darren Purse, who has been linked with Wigan, Sheffield United and Charlton, is poised to sign a new contract. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is lining up a £400,000 move for Nottingham Forest's out-of-contract winger Kris Commons. (Various)

Arjan de Zeeuw looks set to join Leicester after his release by Wigan. (Daily Star)

Wigan hope to convince Sami Hyypia to leave Anfield for the JJB Stadium. (The Independent)

Coventry are lining up a double swoop for Southend pair Jamal Campbell-Ryce and Luke Guttridge. (Daily Star)

Sheffield United midfielder Phil Jagielka is set to join Everton by the weekend. (Daily Mail)

Jordie
30-05-2007, 01:01 PM
source: bbc.co.uk/sport - Various Newspapers.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is in the hunt for Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Ajax's Klass Jan Huntelaar. (Daily Star)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants to make £12m Valencia winger David Silva his first summer signing. (The Sun)

The Reds are ready to offer Djibril Cisse in part-exchange for Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa. (Daily Star)

Liverpool hope to make Lyon midfielder Florent Malouda their first signing. (The Guardian)

Newcastle want Manchester City's Joey Barton and are prepared to let fellow midfielder Scott Parker move to West Ham for £8m. (Daily Mirror)

AC Milan want Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko to return to the club on loan. (Daily Mirror)

West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas may lead the exodus from the club after the failure to gain promotion to the Premiership. (Various)

Arsenal are targeting West Brom captain Curtis Davies. (Daily Mirror)

Coventry want to sign Ipswich striker Alan Lee in a £400,000 swoop. (Daily Mirror)

Kanu's dispute at Portsmouth has alerted Spanish La Liga clubs Osasuna and Espanol. (Daily Mirror)

Reading are keen on Luton's Leon Barnett but the Hatters are asking for £3m. (Daily Mirror)

Cardiff skipper Darren Purse, who has been linked with Wigan, Sheffield United and Charlton, is poised to sign a new contract. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is lining up a £400,000 move for Nottingham Forest's out-of-contract winger Kris Commons. (Various)

Arjan de Zeeuw looks set to join Leicester after his release by Wigan. (Daily Star)

Wigan hope to convince Sami Hyypia to leave Anfield for the JJB Stadium. (The Independent)

Coventry are lining up a double swoop for Southend pair Jamal Campbell-Ryce and Luke Guttridge. (Daily Star)

Sheffield United midfielder Phil Jagielka is set to join Everton by the weekend. (Daily Mail)

lol reading want leon barnett, id strongly advice you dont sign him especially for 3 million coz hes awful:P

Aflux
30-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Arsenal have shown interest in Reo-Coker :)

Jordie
30-05-2007, 03:09 PM
we've been linked with

paul furlong who got released by qpr

james hayter from bounemouth

sean gregan from oldham

kevin gallen from plymouth

all from our local newspaper
doubt any of them will happen tbh:(

Grainger@CUFC
30-05-2007, 03:14 PM
McDonald said that a regular scorer is top of his list for new signings. This could prompt another bid to sign Grant Holt from Nottingham Forest, so says the News & Star. A new bid would probably be unsuccessful anyway.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 03:19 PM
McDonald said that a regular scorer is top of his list for new signings. This could prompt another bid to sign Grant Holt from Nottingham Forest, so says the News & Star. A new bid would probably be unsuccessful anyway.

yh u need a goalscorer with hawley leaving the club
grant holt is a decent player:)

Grainger@CUFC
30-05-2007, 03:21 PM
yh u need a goalscorer with hawley leaving the club
grant holt is a decent player:)

Yep, we sure do. We could do with getting Garner again. And Danny Graham!
We want to bring him home! £300,000 was our offer, so I think, so we value him. I'd expect Forest would want more than that and knowing Carlisle, they won't offer much more.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Yep, we sure do. We could do with getting Garner again. And Danny Graham!
We want to bring him home! £300,000 was our offer, so I think, so we value him. I'd expect Forest would want more than that and knowing Carlisle, they won't offer much more.

yeh were garner and graham on loans, who from?
and as for 300,000 thats a good offer if they decide they want to up the value to 500,000 i think thats a little bit to much:)

OMGitsaROSS
30-05-2007, 03:25 PM
so this is just a c+p thread?

besides I had one of these "/

Grainger@CUFC
30-05-2007, 03:28 PM
yeh were garner and graham on loans, who from?
and as for 300,000 thats a good offer if they decide they want to up the value to 500,000 i think thats a little bit to much:)

Garner was from Blackburn and Graham was from 'Boro. The Graham deal looked a certainty, but it seems to have faded into nothing for now. Plus, I want Johann Smith to come back :(.
Yeah, I could see it being £350,000 (the new bid), but it still probably won't be enough. They'd want more around £400,000 I think.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Garner was from Blackburn and Graham was from 'Boro. The Graham deal looked a certainty, but it seems to have faded into nothing for now. Plus, I want Johann Smith to come back :(.
Yeah, I could see it being £350,000 (the new bid), but it still probably won't be enough. They'd want more around £400,000 I think.

yeh is he a key player for them
and does he want the move away from the city ground?

Grainger@CUFC
30-05-2007, 03:34 PM
yeh is he a key player for them
and does he want the move away from the city ground?

Well I think so. He should move if Forest accepted an offer anyway. Hometown club so that should be a factor. Plus, he was going to come a few years ago, when he played for Rochdale, but manager at the time didn't want him. How ironic :rolleyes:

Jordie
30-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Well I think so. He should move if Forest accepted an offer anyway. Hometown club so that should be a factor. Plus, he was going to come a few years ago, when he played for Rochdale, but manager at the time didn't want him. How ironic :rolleyes:

lol:P
34 apps this season 14 goals not bad:)

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 04:19 PM
source: clubcall.com

Keane targets new defenders

Boss Roy Keane says he needs to sign some new defenders over the summer, if they are going to survive in the Premiership next season.

Sunderland were promoted back into the top flight at the end of last season after just one year in the Championship, but the Black Cats boss is eager to compete against the higher profile teams, rather than just fight in a relegation battle.

However, Keane says his squad will need strengthening if they are to avoid relegation, and in particular has noted he will try and bring in some new defenders.

Keane told the club's website: "We do need to strengthen in one or two positions. Half our back four from last season are not even our players - Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson.

"We've got a decent squad but to compete next year you definitely need a few players in. In the Premiership, you need strength and depth.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 04:32 PM
source: clubcall.com

Keane targets new defenders

Boss Roy Keane says he needs to sign some new defenders over the summer, if they are going to survive in the Premiership next season.

Sunderland were promoted back into the top flight at the end of last season after just one year in the Championship, but the Black Cats boss is eager to compete against the higher profile teams, rather than just fight in a relegation battle.

However, Keane says his squad will need strengthening if they are to avoid relegation, and in particular has noted he will try and bring in some new defenders.

Keane told the club's website: "We do need to strengthen in one or two positions. Half our back four from last season are not even our players - Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson.

"We've got a decent squad but to compete next year you definitely need a few players in. In the Premiership, you need strength and depth.

they have the money so i expect to see them bring in some real good players

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't say "real" good players.. I think they could knick themselves a few good Championship defenders for nice little fee's of about 1/2 Million. But they'll need 2 creative midfielders & a natural goal scorer aswell to have a good season.

People like Darren Bent, Koumas, Kamara, Matt Holland, Jerome Thomas, could fill voids in their starting 11.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't say "real" good players.. I think they could knick themselves a few good Championship defenders for nice little fee's of about 1/2 Million. But they'll need 2 creative midfielders & a natural goal scorer aswell to have a good season.

People like Darren Bent, Koumas, Kamara, Matt Holland, Jerome Thomas, could fill voids in their starting 11.

half a million:rolleyes: they've been linked with stephen ireland from man city for 4 million, if you've ever seen them play they've got all the positions covered they will just need improvements and back up players

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 07:46 PM
According to sky sports news. Man Utd have just agreed a fee for "Anderson" of porto.

Anderson's an Attacking Midfield Player, around 19 years old & i believe a good signing for Man Utd :)

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=431940 (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=431940)

Information about Anderson - Wikipedia.

Anderson Luís De Abreu Oliveira, best known as Anderson (born in Porto Alegre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto_Alegre), April 13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_13), 1988 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988)) is a Brazilian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil) footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_%28soccer%29).

In 1993 he joined Grêmio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%AAmio_Foot-Ball_Porto_Alegrense) junior team and in 2004 he debuts on the professional team, scoring one goal in 5 appearances. When he was 15 he performed a quite wonderful unique trick that the Roma's Rodrigo Taddei (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Taddei) would do against Olympiakos in the 2006-07 Champions League. Although he is young, and relatively unknown, Anderson has already achieved highly in world football. In April 2005, Anderson played for the Brazil national football team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_national_football_team) in the South American U-17 Championship which Brazil lost in the final 3-0 to Mexico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico).

In October he won the "Adidas Golden Ball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_U-17_World_Cup#adidas_Golden_Ball)" with his national team at the 2005 FIFA U-17 World Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_U-17_World_Cup). Previous winners of this illustrious title include young Arsenal F.C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.) star Francesc Fàbregas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesc_F%C3%A0bregas), Recreativo Huelva (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recreativo_Huelva) striker Sinama-Pongolle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florent_Sinama-Pongolle), and U.S player Landon Donovan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landon_Donovan) of Los Angeles Galaxy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Galaxy). He is known to have an unbelievable amount of skill for his age and could soon be known as the new Brazilian wonderkid.
He joined FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futebol_Clube_do_Porto) in December but only made his debut on 5 March 2006, in a game for the Portuguese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal) championship, still in time to allow him to claim his part in the 2005-06 victorious run. World Soccer magazine recognises him as one of the key players of his generation and, actually, is one of the most important players in the FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Porto) squad.

He already has a starting spot on the squad at the age of 18, playing either on the left flank or as the creative midfielder for the team. With a small frame, he isn't scared to go against bigger players and chase every ball down with fearless tackles.

He made his UEFA Champions League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League) debut against CSKA Moscow on September 13, 2006 where he had a great performance.
On May 30th 2007, Manchester United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.) agreed a fee to sign Anderson from FC

==========================================

Personal information

Full name Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira
Date of birth April 13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_13), 1988 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988) (1988-04-13) (age 19)
Place of birth Porto Alegre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto_Alegre), Brazil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil)
Height 1.76 m
Playing position Attacking Midfielder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder), Winger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder#Winger) Club information
Current club FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Porto)
Number 10 Youth clubs 1993-2004 Grêmio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%AAmio_Foot-Ball_Porto_Alegrense) Senior clubs1
Years Club App (Gls)* 2004-2005
2005- Grêmio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%AAmio_Foot-Ball_Porto_Alegrense)
FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Porto) 05 (1)
21 (3)

Jordie
30-05-2007, 07:55 PM
According to sky sports news. Man Utd have just agreed a fee for "Anderson" of porto.

Anderson's an Attacking Midfield Player, around 19 years old & i believe a good signing for Man Utd :)

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=431940 (http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=431940)

Information about Anderson - Wikipedia.

Anderson Luís De Abreu Oliveira, best known as Anderson (born in Porto Alegre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto_Alegre), April 13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_13), 1988 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988)) is a Brazilian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil) footballer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_%28soccer%29).

In 1993 he joined Grêmio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%AAmio_Foot-Ball_Porto_Alegrense) junior team and in 2004 he debuts on the professional team, scoring one goal in 5 appearances. When he was 15 he performed a quite wonderful unique trick that the Roma's Rodrigo Taddei (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Taddei) would do against Olympiakos in the 2006-07 Champions League. Although he is young, and relatively unknown, Anderson has already achieved highly in world football. In April 2005, Anderson played for the Brazil national football team (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_national_football_team) in the South American U-17 Championship which Brazil lost in the final 3-0 to Mexico (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico).

In October he won the "Adidas Golden Ball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_U-17_World_Cup#adidas_Golden_Ball)" with his national team at the 2005 FIFA U-17 World Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_U-17_World_Cup). Previous winners of this illustrious title include young Arsenal F.C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.) star Francesc Fàbregas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francesc_F%C3%A0bregas), Recreativo Huelva (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recreativo_Huelva) striker Sinama-Pongolle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florent_Sinama-Pongolle), and U.S player Landon Donovan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landon_Donovan) of Los Angeles Galaxy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Galaxy). He is known to have an unbelievable amount of skill for his age and could soon be known as the new Brazilian wonderkid.
He joined FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futebol_Clube_do_Porto) in December but only made his debut on 5 March 2006, in a game for the Portuguese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugal) championship, still in time to allow him to claim his part in the 2005-06 victorious run. World Soccer magazine recognises him as one of the key players of his generation and, actually, is one of the most important players in the FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Porto) squad.

He already has a starting spot on the squad at the age of 18, playing either on the left flank or as the creative midfielder for the team. With a small frame, he isn't scared to go against bigger players and chase every ball down with fearless tackles.

He made his UEFA Champions League (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League) debut against CSKA Moscow on September 13, 2006 where he had a great performance.
On May 30th 2007, Manchester United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.) agreed a fee to sign Anderson from FC

==========================================

Personal information

Full name Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira
Date of birth April 13 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_13), 1988 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988) (1988-04-13) (age 19)
Place of birth Porto Alegre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porto_Alegre), Brazil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil)
Height 1.76 m
Playing position Attacking Midfielder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder), Winger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midfielder#Winger) Club information
Current club FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Porto)
Number 10 Youth clubs 1993-2004 Grêmio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%AAmio_Foot-Ball_Porto_Alegrense) Senior clubs1
Years Club App (Gls)* 2004-2005
2005- Grêmio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%AAmio_Foot-Ball_Porto_Alegrense)
FC Porto (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Porto) 05 (1)
21 (3)

yeh hes an exciting talent seen him play a few times in champs league:)

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeh, I signed him on my Fifa '07 season.. n' he was the nuts, so he's gotta' be good :P

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 09:01 PM
source: skysportsnews

Manchester United have agreed deals to sign Sporting Lisbon's Nani and Porto starlet Anderson.

The midfield duo are regarded as two of the best young talents in Europe and they have been chased by several of Europe's top clubs.

However, United have stolen a march on their rivals by luring the pair to Old Trafford.

United chief executive David Gill and assistant manager Carlos Queiroz flew to Lisbon on Wednesday to hold talks with Sporting regarding Portuguese international Nani and they have quickly agreed a move for the exciting winger.

Nani is highly-rated in Portugal and has been likened to current United star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Tottenham have been credited with an interest in Nani, but United have won the race for his signature.

Brazilian ace Anderson has been widely dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho'.

Anderson has enjoyed a successful season with Porto, helping them win the Portuguese championship.

The 19-year-old has attracted the interest of a host of clubs including Chelsea and Barcelona, but United have agreed an undisclosed fee with Porto for the exciting midfielder.

Both players have agreed personal terms with United and they are due to have a medicals at the club in the near future.

A United statement read: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Sporting Lisbon for the purchase of the registration of Nani.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with FC Porto for the purchase of the registration of Anderson.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed."

Should the duo tie up the minor details of the moves they will become United's first signings of the summer.

woahhh! Got Nani to replace Giggs & Anderson to replace Scholes.. Nice!

Also Beat tottenham to signing Nani aswell! Fergie's done himself good their.

Jordie
30-05-2007, 09:14 PM
source: skysportsnews

Manchester United have agreed deals to sign Sporting Lisbon's Nani and Porto starlet Anderson.

The midfield duo are regarded as two of the best young talents in Europe and they have been chased by several of Europe's top clubs.

However, United have stolen a march on their rivals by luring the pair to Old Trafford.

United chief executive David Gill and assistant manager Carlos Queiroz flew to Lisbon on Wednesday to hold talks with Sporting regarding Portuguese international Nani and they have quickly agreed a move for the exciting winger.

Nani is highly-rated in Portugal and has been likened to current United star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Tottenham have been credited with an interest in Nani, but United have won the race for his signature.

Brazilian ace Anderson has been widely dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho'.

Anderson has enjoyed a successful season with Porto, helping them win the Portuguese championship.

The 19-year-old has attracted the interest of a host of clubs including Chelsea and Barcelona, but United have agreed an undisclosed fee with Porto for the exciting midfielder.

Both players have agreed personal terms with United and they are due to have a medicals at the club in the near future.

A United statement read: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Sporting Lisbon for the purchase of the registration of Nani.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with FC Porto for the purchase of the registration of Anderson.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed."

Should the duo tie up the minor details of the moves they will become United's first signings of the summer.

woahhh! Got Nani to replace Giggs & Anderson to replace Scholes.. Nice!

Also Beat tottenham to signing Nani aswell! Fergie's done himself good their.

nice, 2 really good young talents there

Jamie!
30-05-2007, 09:42 PM
grant holt has handed in a transfer request at forest.. so that could mean he is coming to us, but a few championship clubs have declared their interest in him so he will more than likely favour a move to one of them.

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 09:44 PM
This has to show the door to some Man Utd players though..

They've now got,

Carrick
Scholes
Hargreaves
Ronaldo
Giggs
Anderson
Nani
Feltcher
Richardson
Ji Sung Park
Eagles
O'Shea (Sort'a)

That's alot for just a mid-field lol. I hope this doesn't affect their midfield like when Ballack joined chelsea & ruined Lampards game.

But.. if United to land Alves from Heveernean or Huuntlaer from Ajax, they're attack could be imense.

Swp.
30-05-2007, 09:52 PM

They've now got,

Carrick
Scholes
Hargreaves
Ronaldo
Giggs
Anderson
Nani
Feltcher
Richardson
Ji Sung Park
Eagles
O'Shea (Sort'a)

That's alot for just a mid-field lol. I hope this doesn't affect their midfield like when Ballack joined chelsea & ruined Lampards game.

But.. if United to land Alves from Heveernean or Huuntlaer from Ajax, they're attack could be imense.

all good players nani is a great young player i cant wait to see him play for man utd

Hoodstar
30-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Going to be ALOT of cometition for places now.

I do still see them lining up with;

RM - Ronaldo
LM - Giggs
DM - Hargreaves
AM - Scholes

Carrick will play for when hargreaves is rested
Anderson will fill in for scholes when hes rested
Nani will also fill in for Giggs when hes rested
and either Nani/Anderson will come in when Ronaldo's rested.

Unless they play 4-5-1, they'll work it out like that I think.

They've got better quality back-up then chelsea have :|

jordang16
31-05-2007, 01:55 PM

They've now got,

Carrick
Scholes
Hargreaves
Ronaldo
Giggs
Anderson
Nani
Feltcher
Richardson
Ji Sung Park
Eagles
O'Shea (Sort'a)

i can see united possibly playing a 4-1-3-1 with hargreaved playing holding midfielder with ronaldo on left nani on right with anderson playing attacking midfielder with rooney on his own :]

Hoodstar
31-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I do see that formation dependent on whether United sign Huntelaar during the summer.. I doubt Huntelaar would settle to sit on the bench..

Eckuii
31-05-2007, 04:49 PM
David Healy from Leeds United to Fulham for 1 Million.

Putal
31-05-2007, 04:53 PM
When I heard about Manchester United buying Owen on the news I was a bit surprised because they had spent 17-18 million on Carrick last season and if you ask me, them two are pretty much the same player apart form Owen being a bit more defensive.

Eckuii
31-05-2007, 04:55 PM
When I heard about Manchester United buying Owen on the news I was a bit surprised because they had spent 17-18 million on Carrick last season and if you ask me, them two are pretty much the same player apart form Owen being a bit more defensive.

I suppose your talking about Owen Hargreaves here? :s

Putal
31-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I suppose your talking about Owen Hargreaves here? :s

Yes sorry :P I should of said Hargreaves.

Hoodstar
31-05-2007, 05:25 PM
They're sort of the same player in where they play on the pitch but they both have different qualities, which are beneficial to Man Utd.

Carrick, is a much better passer of the ball then Hargreaves & is able to knock a 50-Yard pass to someones on going run without any trouble.

Hargreaves is more of a nitty gritty & classic defensive midfield player where he is constantly making tackles & preventing the other team from progessing up the field. Something which we witnessed in the 2006 World Cup.

Both however, have undeniable stamina, a characterstic which is essential to any midfield player, especially a defensive midfielder.

Personally.. Hargreaves will help United in games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham ect. Teams that are well known for their attacking prowess & where they'll have to be alert & quick to sniffing out chances & attacks.

Games against teams like Wigan, Fulham, Aston Villa ect. where you know the other team are going to sit back & hope to catch Man Utd on the break, you'll need carrick to ping a good long pass to open up their defense.

Both have world-class qualities & will both be beneficial to Man Utd over the course of the seasn.

Putal
31-05-2007, 05:27 PM
They're sort of the same player in where they play on the pitch but they both have different qualities, which are beneficial to Man Utd.

Carrick, is a much better passer of the ball then Hargreaves & is able to knock a 50-Yard pass to someones on going run without any trouble.

Hargreaves is more of a nitty gritty & classic defensive midfield player where he is constantly making tackles & preventing the other team from progessing up the field. Something which we witnessed in the 2006 World Cup.

Both however, have undeniable stamina, a characterstic which is essential to any midfield player, especially a defensive midfielder.

Personally.. Hargreaves will help United in games against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham ect. Teams that are well known for their attacking prowess & where they'll have to be alert & quick to sniffing out chances & attacks.

Games against teams like Bolton, Reading, Aston Villa, where you know the other team are going to sit back & hope to catch Man Utd on the break, you'll need carrick to ping a good long pass to open up their defense.

Both have world-class qualities & will both be beneficial to Man Utd over the course of the seasn.

But would you drop scholes to play him in midfield with Carrick?

Hoodstar
31-05-2007, 06:19 PM
If Scholes was tired/injured/Unable to play. Then yes..

I could see scholes getting rested a fair few times more than last season, mainly 'cos of the fact they've got more quality back-up in Anderson & Carrick. Carrick will be prefered to replace scholes in premiership matches & Anderson for European Matches.

But, I think this is scholes' last season when hes at his peak, after this one he'll fall down in the pecking order.

Hoodstar
31-05-2007, 09:26 PM
source: soccerway.com

France midfielder Florent Malouda said Thursday he is on the brink of leaving six-times French champions Lyon.

Speaking during training with France ahead of Saturday's crucial Euro 2008 qualifier against Ukraine, Malouda said there was no chance he would be left disappointed at the end of the close season break, having set his heart on a move abroad.

"I'm on my way out. I've spoken to the (Lyon) president (Jean-Michel Aulas). I was clear, I've told him the clubs that interest me.

"For me, I'm going to go and I won't be disappointed."

Malouda would not be drawn on where his likely destination will be, despite speculation linking him to Champions League finalists Liverpool.

"It's not certain that it will be Liverpool after Lyon, it's not as advanced as that," he said.

"Liverpool are a very good club. Have I any preference to a particular country? No, that depends on the desire of the club that wants me.

"The Italian championship was run down this season but at the end it was an Italian club that won the Champions League (AC Milan)."

The left-winger said he was not worried about Aulas pricing him out of the market, despite a valuation of 25 million euros being placed on him by the Lyon president.

"It was 25 million euros but in a week it could be 35 million euros," he said.

"When it comes to negotiating, Mr Aulas is very strong. For me it's just a question of time."

Jordie
31-05-2007, 09:32 PM
source: soccerway.com

France midfielder Florent Malouda said Thursday he is on the brink of leaving six-times French champions Lyon.

Speaking during training with France ahead of Saturday's crucial Euro 2008 qualifier against Ukraine, Malouda said there was no chance he would be left disappointed at the end of the close season break, having set his heart on a move abroad.

"I'm on my way out. I've spoken to the (Lyon) president (Jean-Michel Aulas). I was clear, I've told him the clubs that interest me.

"For me, I'm going to go and I won't be disappointed."

Malouda would not be drawn on where his likely destination will be, despite speculation linking him to Champions League finalists Liverpool.

"It's not certain that it will be Liverpool after Lyon, it's not as advanced as that," he said.

"Liverpool are a very good club. Have I any preference to a particular country? No, that depends on the desire of the club that wants me.

"The Italian championship was run down this season but at the end it was an Italian club that won the Champions League (AC Milan)."

The left-winger said he was not worried about Aulas pricing him out of the market, despite a valuation of 25 million euros being placed on him by the Lyon president.

"It was 25 million euros but in a week it could be 35 million euros," he said.

"When it comes to negotiating, Mr Aulas is very strong. For me it's just a question of time."

he will join em

Grainger@CUFC
01-06-2007, 12:35 PM
grant holt has handed in a transfer request at forest.. so that could mean he is coming to us, but a few championship clubs have declared their interest in him so he will more than likely favour a move to one of them.

Which has now been rejected by Forest :rolleyes:. Typical.

OMGitsaROSS
01-06-2007, 12:39 PM
1. Diomansy Kamara - News Of The World
2. Steve Sidwell (Reading) - Guardian
3. Nicky Shorey (Reading) - Sunday Sun
4. Zoltan Gera (West Brom) - Daily Mirror
5. Jloyd Samuel (Aston Villa) - Northern Echo
6. Vladimir Bystrov (Spartak Moscow) - Internet
7. Scott Brown (Hibs, now Celtic) - Daily Record
8. Steven Whittaker - (Hibs) Daily Record
9. David Murphy - (Hibs) Daily Record
10. Stephen Appiah (Fenerbahce) News of the World
11. Michael Chopra (Cardiff City) - Internet
12. Sean Davis (Fulham) - Daily Mirror
13. Luke Varney (Crewe) - Daily Star
14. Lee Hendrie (Aston Villa) - Daily Star Sunday
15. Jose Bosingwa (Porto) - Daily Star Sunday
16. Cristian Pulhac (Dinamo Bucharest) - Sunday Sun
17 Phillipp Degen (Borussia Dortmund) - Northern Echo
18. David Degen (Borussia Moenchengladbach) - Northern Echo
19. Mohamed Kallon (Monaco) - The Sun
20. Russell Anderson (Aberdeen) - The Sun
21. Igor Tudor (Juventus) - (Internet sites)
22. David Healy (Leeds) - Daily Mail
23. Rolando Bianchi (Reggiana) - Sunday Times
24. Jeremie Aliadiere (Arsenal) - Sunday Times
25. Steve Howard (Derby County) - Daily Star
26. Joey Barton (Manchester City) - Daily Mirror
27: Michael Brown (Fulham) - Daily Mirror
28. Gary O'Neil (Portsmouth) - Sunday Mirror
29. David Hellbuyck (Paris St Germain) - Internet reports
30. Darren Purse (Cardiff City) - Internet reports
31: Ian Harte (Levante) - Internet reports
32. Chris Porter (Oldham Athletic) - Internet reports
33. Mauro Camoranesi - (Juventus) - Daily Mail
34: Mustapha Riga (Levante) - Evening Gazette
35: Cristian Riveros(Libertad) - Internet reports

All linked with Boro lol.

Jordie
01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
www.skysports.com/football (http://www.skysports.com/football)

birmingham have signed boros stuart parnaby on a three year contract with the option of a fourth

Middlesborough have agreed a deal for arsenals jeremie Aliadiere

West ham have agreed an undisclosed free for newcastles scott parker
they will make him the highest payed player

Newcastle are reportedly in a race to sign czech international defender
david rozenhal

Derby boss billy davies wants to sign claude davis and michael tonge from relegated sheffield united

Hoodstar
01-06-2007, 08:52 PM
source: skysportsnews.com

Chelsea have made another foray into the transfer market by swooping to sign Claudio Pizarro from Bayern Munich.

The Peruvian international has moved to Stamford Bridge on a free transfer, after his contract at the Allianz Arena wound down, and follows Steve Sidwell and Oldham starlet Danny Philliskirk to the club.

Pizarro had been linked with a move to Juventus, but Chelsea stepped in to trump the Old Lady.

The striker wrapped up the formalities of his move on Friday and expressed delight at securing a transfer to Stamford Bridge.

"I think it's very important for me to win some titles and I have the chance here to win them," Pizarro told Chelsea TV. "The most important thing is the Champions League which I was looking to win with Bayern, but we didn't have the chance.

"I think now we have a good team, a good trainer and the chance to win it.

"I had some interesting offers, but the most important thing was that I talked to the coach, I talked to the people here, and they were very interested. We have many chances to win titles here and that's what I want."

Blues chief Jose Mourinho had been keen to boost his striking options, as he will lose the services of Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou during next term due to African Cup of Nations commitments.

Hoodstar
02-06-2007, 03:07 PM

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is poised to make a £2m bid for old Manchester United team-mate Paul Scholes. (Various)

The Hammers are to launch a £4m bid for Manchester United winger Kieran Richardson. (The Sun)

West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker is wanted by Aston Villa in an £8m deal. (Daily Express)

West Ham will challenge Fulham for Fiorentina defender Tomas Ujfalusi. (Daily Express)

They will also reignite their interest in Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips as their revamp continues. (Daily Mirror)

And Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton is also set for Upton Park. (Daily Star)

Former Liverpool forward Robbie Fowler is set to join Celtic in a deal worth £30,000 a week. (Daily Star)

Chelsea have left Frank Lampard out of their new kit launch, fuelling speculation that he will leave Stamford Bridge. (The Sun)

Lampard has priced himself out of a move to Juventus after demanding £140,000 a week from the Serie A club. (Daily Express)

Juventus are planning a £10m bid for Liverpool's Momo Sissoko. (Daily Express)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is willing to use all of his £35m transfer kitty to land Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o. (The Independent)

Everton have pulled out of the race to sign Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton because they can't match his wage demands. (Daily Mail)

Middlesbrough are poised to secure the transfer of Arsenal striker Jeremie Aliadiere. (Various)

Real Madrid have made a last-gasp effort to sign Arjen Robben before he commits his future to Chelsea. (Daily Mirror)

Jose Reyes could end his Arsenal nightmare by making a dream move back to boyhood club Sevilla. (Daily Mirror)

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has made a free transfer swoop to take Charlton veteran Matt Holland. (Daily Mirror)

Released Newcastle defender Titus Bramble is on the brink of signing for Wigan. (Various)

Middlesbrough have agreed a deal to bring Arsenal striker Jeremie Aliadiere to Teesside. (The Guardian)

Bolton boss Sammy Lee is willing to listen to offers from Manchester United for striker Nicolas Anelka. (Daily Mail)

Birmingham have attempted to hijack Francis Jeffers' proposed move to Ipswich from Blackburn. (Daily Mirror)

Hoodstar
03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
source: sport.monstersandcritics.com

Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka has admitted he is tempted by a move to Manchester United (http://sport.monstersandcritics.com/soccer/article_1312789.php/Anelka_interested_in_United_switch#).

The France international is demanding talks with the Trotters after being linked with a move to the Premiership champions.

Anelka, who scored 13 goals last season for Bolton, is seen as a replacement for the injury-prone Louis Saha at Old Trafford (http://sport.monstersandcritics.com/soccer/article_1312789.php/Anelka_interested_in_United_switch#).

The 28-year-old said it would be tough to turn down an offer from Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

'You (the media) know where I want to go. You can't say no to Manchester,' Anelka said.

'It's always the same four big clubs who are dominating English football (http://sport.monstersandcritics.com/soccer/article_1312789.php/Anelka_interested_in_United_switch#). With Bolton, either we stun them all or we finish fifth or sixth.
'So yes, I want to play with one of these big four clubs, but I also want to try and help Bolton become one of the big Premiership clubs.'

Anelka scored in France's 2-0 home win over Ukraine last night in their Euro 2008 (http://sport.monstersandcritics.com/soccer/article_1312789.php/Anelka_interested_in_United_switch#) qualifier.

The controversial striker added he hopes to stay at the Reebok Stadium but needs assurances over his future.

'First of all, I have to find out if Bolton want to sell me or not,' Anelka said.
'I don't want to leave. I have to sit down and talk with Bolton to find out what they have planned for me.

'For the moment, it's all up in the air. But I'm sure we will be talking more soon.'

Anelka, who joined Bolton for £8 million last summer, has played for eight clubs since making his debut for Paris St-Germain in 1994.
United have already splashed out nearly £50 million after landing Owen Hargreaves, Nani, and Anderson.

================================================== ===========================

source: news.bbc.co.uk/sport

Charlton striker Darren Bent will snub a bumper £60,000-a-week deal from West Ham to sign for London rivals Tottenham (News of the World).

And that could prompt Hammers boss Alan Curbishley to turn his attentions to Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe (News of the World).

That might not be it for the Hammers, who also want to sign Everton duo Andy Johnson and Mikel Arteta in a £30m move (Sunday Mirror).

Manchester United are set to beat Arsenal, Liverpool, Bolton, Valencia and Real Madrid to the signing of Barcelona's Argentine striker Javier Saviola, for a cut-price £7m (News of the World).

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry will finally put an end to his stay in London and join Barcelona for £15m, say club insiders (Various).

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate will make a £2.5m offer to Portsmouth for midfielder Sean Davis after missing out on Scott Brown and Joey Barton (Sunday People).

Portsmouth striker Kanu is wanted by Dutch side PSV Eindhoven and Osasuna of Spain. (Star on Sunday)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is making a shock move for Turkey's World Cup winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz, 27, who plays for Trabzonspor (Sunday People).

Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton has spoken publicly about his desire to leave the club, with Newcastle keeping an eye on his situation (Independent).

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants £35m to spend on Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o (News of the World).

Sheffield United will step up their interest in Manchester United winger Kieran Richardson following their double swoop for Nani and Anderson (Star on Sunday).

Aston Villa and Everton are keen to raid Wolves for Michael Kightly after the £3m-rated wonderkid admitted he would consider leaving Molineux (Sunday Mirror).

Wigan boss Chris Hutchings is making a £2m move to sign exciting Sheffield Wednesday youngster Chris Brunt (Sunday People).
Sunderland have abandoned plans to sign Villarreal's former Manchester United striker Diego Forlan after being told he would cost £18m (Star on Sunday).

West Ham and Portsmouth are keeping tabs on Reading winger Stephen Hunt, who only has a year left on his contract with the Royals (Sunday People).

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will fend off interest from Tottenham by offering Alan Smith a new contract (Sunday Mirror).

Tottenham's search for a left-winger has prompted them to make moves for Liverpool's Harry Kewell and Martin Petrov (Star on Sunday)

With Arsene Wenger's future at Arsenal still uncertain, Tomas Rosicky could be the first big-name exit from the Emirates Stadium, with Atletico Madrid keen to sign him (Sunday People).

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben could yet join Bayern Munich this summer, despite insisting he wants to stay at Stamford Bridge, as he has yet to agree a new deal with the Blues (Star on Sunday).

Derby boss Billy Davies wants to celebrate promotion to the Premiership by signing Matthew Etherington from West Ham for £2m (Sunday People).

Liverpool are in talks with Juventus about selling midfielder Momo Sissoko to the Turin club for £12m (Star on Sunday)

Rangers boss Walter Smith is set to swoop for Scotland and West Ham midfielder Nigel Quashie (Sunday Mail).

Reading are the latest club to show an interest in Celtic flop Thomas Gravesen (Sunday Mail).

reindeer.
03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
lol at villa and everton thinking they'll get kightly haha.

Wolves have made a £2m bid for S****horpe striker billy sharpe, up against fierce competition from Norwich.
source: wolverhampton express & star

Mexel
04-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Bruno N'Gotty will leave Birmingham City in July after turning down a 1 year deal from Brimingham and accepting a 2 year deal from Leicester.

Jordie
04-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Bruno N'Gotty will leave Birmingham City in July after turning down a 1 year deal from Brimingham and accepting a 2 year deal from Leicester.

lol why would you want to go there when you could be playing in prem with brum, i swear they are your rivals aswell:O

Hoodstar
04-06-2007, 06:13 PM

Rangers are vying with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Roma for Torino midfielder Alessandro Rosina's signature to help fans forget about the loss of Scott Brown to Celtic. (Scottish Daily Mirror)

Joey Barton will seal his £5.5m move to Newcastle as soon as Magpies skipper Scott Parker completes his £8m switch to West Ham. (Various)

Barton will speak with Newcastle and West Ham this week after both clubs made £5.5m bids for the fiery star. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle have insisted on a contract clause in Barton's contract to protect the club if he is jailed over the incident with Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo. (The Sun)

David Beckham has no intention of trying to escape from his £125m LA Galaxy deal in order to prolong his England career. (Daily Star)

West Ham are looking to tempt Everton striker Andy Johnson away from Goodison in an £13m deal plus the promise of £90,000-a-week wages. (Daily Mail)

Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka said he would not be able to turn down a potential move to Manchester United. (Various)

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze is at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between Real Madrid and Barcelona. (The Sun)

Arsenal are close to signing Auxerre right-back Bakari Sagna for £6m. (The Sun)

West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas has revealed that Aston Villa have joined the race to sign him. (Daily Mail)

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan has been told he will have to pay £9m for Jason Koumas and West Brom team-mate Diomansy Kamara. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield Wednesday are poised to cash in on Chris Brunt by selling him to Wigan for £2m. (Daily Express)

Wigan are understood to have agreed a deal to sign Titus Bramble on a free transfer. (The Times)

West Ham are looking for a reserve keeper after releasing Roy Carroll. (The Times)

Bolton boss Sammy Lee opened talks with Antoine Sibierski in a bid to pinch him from under the noses of Wigan. (Daily Mirror)

Coventry boss Iain Dowie is set to snap up left-back Gary Borrowdale from Crystal Palace. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to make a £2m bid for West Brom skipper Paul Robinson. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce spent the weekend in Cardiff trying to tie up a deal for Czech Republic centre-half David Rozehnal. (Daily Mirror)

Leicester boss Martin Allen has joined the £1m chase for Marek Saganowski. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham are turning to Portugal defender Jose Bosingwa as they prepare for life without Pascal Chimbonda. (The Sun)

Jordie
04-06-2007, 08:47 PM

Rangers are vying with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Roma for Torino midfielder Alessandro Rosina's signature to help fans forget about the loss of Scott Brown to Celtic. (Scottish Daily Mirror)

Joey Barton will seal his £5.5m move to Newcastle as soon as Magpies skipper Scott Parker completes his £8m switch to West Ham. (Various)

Barton will speak with Newcastle and West Ham this week after both clubs made £5.5m bids for the fiery star. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle have insisted on a contract clause in Barton's contract to protect the club if he is jailed over the incident with Manchester City team-mate Ousmane Dabo. (The Sun)

David Beckham has no intention of trying to escape from his £125m LA Galaxy deal in order to prolong his England career. (Daily Star)

West Ham are looking to tempt Everton striker Andy Johnson away from Goodison in an £13m deal plus the promise of £90,000-a-week wages. (Daily Mail)

Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka said he would not be able to turn down a potential move to Manchester United. (Various)

Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze is at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between Real Madrid and Barcelona. (The Sun)

Arsenal are close to signing Auxerre right-back Bakari Sagna for £6m. (The Sun)

West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas has revealed that Aston Villa have joined the race to sign him. (Daily Mail)

Celtic boss Gordon Strachan has been told he will have to pay £9m for Jason Koumas and West Brom team-mate Diomansy Kamara. (Daily Mirror)

Sheffield Wednesday are poised to cash in on Chris Brunt by selling him to Wigan for £2m. (Daily Express)

Wigan are understood to have agreed a deal to sign Titus Bramble on a free transfer. (The Times)

West Ham are looking for a reserve keeper after releasing Roy Carroll. (The Times)

Bolton boss Sammy Lee opened talks with Antoine Sibierski in a bid to pinch him from under the noses of Wigan. (Daily Mirror)

Coventry boss Iain Dowie is set to snap up left-back Gary Borrowdale from Crystal Palace. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants to make a £2m bid for West Brom skipper Paul Robinson. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce spent the weekend in Cardiff trying to tie up a deal for Czech Republic centre-half David Rozehnal. (Daily Mirror)

Leicester boss Martin Allen has joined the £1m chase for Marek Saganowski. (Daily Mirror)

Tottenham are turning to Portugal defender Jose Bosingwa as they prepare for life without Pascal Chimbonda. (The Sun)

wigan have signed sibierski:)

Hoodstar
04-06-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't see why people would wanna' be interested in him.. I fail to see what makes him superior from other players out there.. :x

Jordie
04-06-2007, 09:17 PM
I don't see why people would wanna' be interested in him.. I fail to see what makes him superior from other players out there.. :x

hes good in the air that is maybe one of the reasons:)

and i think newcastle have signed joey barton

danny-dyer
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Corgh,Joey barton is a animal m8 !

Pillsbury
04-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I have £10 that says barton is the first player to get a red card next season.

Jamie!
04-06-2007, 10:18 PM
no offence but thats a tenner wasted.

Jamie!
05-06-2007, 12:24 PM
we're now being linked with morecambes danny carlton?

Hoodstar
05-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I have £10 that says barton is the first player to get a red card next season.

Nah, first player to go behind bars next season* :]

Swp.
05-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Aston Villa have made a £7m bid for West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/6724387.stm

Skysports.com understands that Joey Barton has agreed a deal to join Newcastle and will sign a five-year contract at St James' Park.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470454&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=4161&title=Barton+agrees+Magpies+move

Bolton Wanderers and Benfica are thought to have enquired about Djibril Cisse's availability.

Marlon Harewood has been told he can leave West Ham.

Hatake Kakashi
06-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Mark Viduka linked with possible move to Newcastle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/6721521.stm

Jordie
06-06-2007, 02:12 PM
carlisle have signed danny graham on a two year contract

jamie and chris will be pleased:)

OMGitsaROSS
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
No-one can beat this one:

Middlesbrough have been STRONGLY linked with Kerlon (Future ronaldinho much?)

Search him on youtube. Seal dribble ftw.

Jamie!
06-06-2007, 02:25 PM

true!

his goal ratio in his loan spell was just better than a goal every 2games which is alright, just hope he can carry on his form into next season.

edit; just read in his interview he turned down offers from hibernian, dundee, kilmarnock and decided not to talk to sheff wed, hartlepool and scunny to join us!

Jordie
06-06-2007, 02:26 PM
true!

his goal ratio in his loan spell was just better than a goal every 2games which is alright, just hope he can carry on his form into next season.

yeh does that mean you are no longer interested in grant holt?

Jamie!
06-06-2007, 02:44 PM
yeh does that mean you are no longer interested in grant holt?

i'd say we still need another 2 strikers at least, 1 right-winger, and 2 defenders. so i can still imagine us been in the run for signing holt, although it looks unlikely now as they turned down his transfer request.

we're been linked with dougie freedman and danny carlton, but morecambe are supposedly wanting £100k for him so i doubt we will splash out that on an unproven league player.

gretna have signed ex-carlisle/oldham/qpr/southampton/beira-mar player paul murray. very good signing for them, he will **** all over the spl.

Jordie
06-06-2007, 02:48 PM
i'd say we still need another 2 strikers at least, 1 right-winger, and 2 defenders. so i can still imagine us been in the run for signing holt, although it looks unlikely now as they turned down his transfer request.

we're been linked with dougie freedman and danny carlton, but morecambe are supposedly wanting £100k for him so i doubt we will splash out that on an unproven league player.

gretna have signed ex-carlisle/oldham/qpr/southampton/beira-mar player paul murray. very good signing for them, he will **** all over the spl.

never heard of carlton as for freedman he'd be a good signing with his experience and he'll also score a few goals:)

OMGitsaROSS
06-06-2007, 02:49 PM
http://footyblog.net/category/players/kerlon-moura-souza/

Grainger@CUFC
06-06-2007, 04:42 PM

I agree with that. Bring back Johann! :D What a legend. As for defenders, well we should have kept hold of Kev Gray. Dan Kirkup said he was capable of coming up into the first eleven, so it would be good to see how he copes and to have a local lad in there :).

:D. At last, a signing who isn't a youth player! Good to see him back - the next and best replacement for Derek Holmes :8 (who should have also stayed).

piddle2k6
06-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Holmesy left? Aww what a legend even though he couldnt hit a donkeys *** with a banjo. he was rubbish for us!
Bournemouth have been linked to Jo Kuffour one of the only bright players of Brentfords season. The Ghanian international wants to stay in league one after the bees relegation woe, but has rejected a move to huddersfield. The london based man is thought to be in talks with the cherries and because he is out of contract with the bees he can be taken for free. With Bournemouth's influential striker James Hayter move for a reported 200k, and being that he had the largest contract in the team, Bournemouth could well take Kuffour back to dean court.

Source:The Daily Echo Newspaper

Jamie!
06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Holmesy left? Aww what a legend even though he couldnt hit a donkeys *** with a banjo. he was rubbish for us!
Bournemouth have been linked to Jo Kuffour one of the only bright players of Brentfords season. The Ghanian international wants to stay in league one after the bees relegation woe, but has rejected a move to huddersfield. The london based man is thought to be in talks with the cherries and because he is out of contract with the bees he can be taken for free. With Bournemouth's influential striker James Hayter move for a reported 200k, and being that he had the largest contract in the team, Bournemouth could well take Kuffour back to dean court.

Source:The Daily Echo Newspaper

he'd be an alright buy. aye, derek got realeased.

piddle2k6
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
He must have improved, no joke he was terrible for us

Jamie!
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
He must have improved, no joke he was terrible for us

he has been just as bad for us really.. i've seen him play well twice and that was against accy stanley in the conference (scored an amazing goal) and against port vale at home this season, we were playing awful and brought derek on 2nd half and he changed the game completely and we ended up winning 3-2!

saying that though, he may not have the speed and the usual aspects of a striker, but he is great in the air.

Grainger@CUFC
06-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Our only tall striker in the past two years :rolleyes:. Plus, about the only striker who could head a ball. Well apart from Joe Garner. Sad to see him leave and wish him good luck in the future :). To be honest, I could see him dropping down a league, like Kev Gray will when he joins Chesterfield.

Hoodstar
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM

Former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri wants to lure midfielder Frank Lampard away from Stamford Bridge to join him at Juventus. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has urged the Blues to sign Lyon winger Florent Malouda before he joins Liverpool. (Various)

Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton, who signed for Newcastle on Tuesday night, will bank £12m over five years if he completes his contract at St James' Park. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United striker Alan Smith will not be offered a new contract, which is set to spark a bidding battle between Tottenham, Everton, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa. (The Sun)

Middlesbrough are poised for an £8m double swoop for Portsmouth midfielder Sean Davis and Porto defender Jose Bosingwa. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are chasing Brazilian wonderkid Pato, 17, who plays for Internacional and who has also attracted the interest of Juventus and AC Milan. (Daily Star)

Everton are prepared to cash in on striker Andrew Johnson - but only if West Ham pay £20m. (Various)

Leicester want to swap Patrick McCarthy, plus cash, for Charlton midfielder Matt Holland. (The Sun)

Portsmouth are considering a £3m bid for Wigan striker Henri Camara. (Daily Mirror)

Derby are battling Watford for the signature of Norwich striker Robert Earnshaw. (The Sun)

West Ham's former Charlton boss Alan Curbishley wants to buy Darren Bent from his old club but the Addicks have told him the striker will cost £18m. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham want to sign Arsenal defender Johan Djourou on a season-long deal. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has hinted that his team-mates expect Gunners striker Thierry Henry to join Barcelona. (Daily Mirror)

Laryea Kingston's agent says a permanent Hearts deal for the midfielder, who has been on loan from Terek Grozny, must be struck by midnight. (Daily Record)

Wigan boss Chris Hutchings has pleaded with chairman Dave Whelan not to sell midfielder Lee McCulloch to Rangers. (Daily Record)

Ipswich want defender Chris Perry after he was released by West Brom. (The Sun)

West Brom striker Diomansy Kamara is a £2m target for Middlesbrough. (Various)

Sevilla defender Daniel Alves, whose agent held talks with Chelsea last week, has left the door open for a last-gasp bid from Liverpool - if the "economical factors" are right. (The Sun)

Manchester City are interested in Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse, who has been on loan at Marseille. (The Times)

AS Roma, Everton and Newcastle are reputedly tracking Boudewijn Zenden, who has been released by Liverpool. (The Times)

Portsmouth want to sign Bolton striker Nicolas Anelka. (Various)

Striker Leon Best is set to join Nottingham Forest after making it clear he wants to leave Southampton. (Daily Star)

West Ham face a battle to hang on to Yossi Benayoun after the midfielder turned down a five-year contract worth £50,000 a week. (Daily Mail)

Jordie
07-06-2007, 03:39 PM
we are now in the hunt for 22 year old midfielder marvin elliot from millwall hes also being tracked by leeds and norwich so its unlikely we will get him:(

Jamie!
08-06-2007, 09:35 AM
we've just completed the signing of Morecambes Danny Carlton on a 2 year deal.. just hope he can make the step-up alright.

08-06-2007, 11:55 AM
we are now in the hunt for 22 year old midfielder marvin elliot from millwall hes also being tracked by leeds and norwich so its unlikely we will get him:(

first ive heard of it...

Hoodstar
09-06-2007, 03:47 PM

Manchester United left-back Gabriel Heinze is on the brink of a £7m move to Real Madrid. (Daily Mail)

Lyon flier Florent Malouda admits he is torn between joining Chelsea for Didier Drogba and Liverpool for Rafa Benitez. (Sun)

American winger DaMarcus Beasley is keen to join Rangers after his loan spell at Manchester City finished. (Daily Record)

Rangers are considering offers for Finland international Mika Vayrynen and PSV Eindhoven team-mate Beasley. (Sun)

Rangers full-back Alan Hutton has rejected an offer from Lazio. (Sun)

Birmingham are weighing up a £3.5m move for Spurs' out-of-favour Egyptian striker Mido. (Daily Star)

Cardiff and Norwich are both interested in former Rangers midfielder Gavin Rae. (Record)

Barcelona say Thierry Henry is set to tell Arsenal he wants to move to the Nou Camp. (Mirror)

Fulham's Franck Queudrue says he will "look at what options come his way" as he does not like new manager Lawrie Sanchez's long-ball approach (Mirror)

West Ham and Tottenham are battling over £18m Charlton striker Darren Bent. (Mirror)

Though Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has now made an enquiry over the former Ipswich frontman. (Sun)

Everton's James Beattie could return to Blackburn with Jason Roberts going in the opposite direction. (Mirror)

Bournemouth want Teddy Sheringham, provided he is prepared to move down two divisions. (Daily Star)

Preston have told any clubs interested in David Nugent that they will have to start the bidding at £7m. (Sun)

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has had an opening bid of £1m for Southend's Freddy Eastwood rejected. (Mirror)

Crystal Palace's Dougie Freedman has rejected a money-spinning move to the Middle East as he wants a new contract at Selhurst Park. (Star)

Hull are poised to seal deals for Chris Lucketti, Seth Johnson and Dean Windass. (Daily Star)

Plymouth have made a second offer for Oldham striker Chris Porter after a £700,000 bid was rejected in March. (Daily Star)

Millwall are interested in Darren Currie after he was released by Derby. (Star)

Former Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao is a free transfer target for Derby as he prepares to turn down a new contract offer at Stoke. (Mirror)

Celtic are chasing Chateaureoux and France Under-21 defender Yassin Moutaouakil. (Daily Express)

Hibernian are in talks with defender Steven Pele, who is out of contract with Grenoble. (Daily Express)

Dundee United hope to sign Leicester striker Mark de Vries. (Daily Express)

Grainger@CUFC
13-06-2007, 03:35 PM
Carlisle signed Marc Bridge-Wilkinson :8
Played for us before on loan and should be a good addition and a decent replacement for Paul Murray :)

Jordie
13-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Carlisle signed Marc Bridge-Wilkinson :8
Played for us before on loan and should be a good addition and a decent replacement for Paul Murray :)

i saw this on skysports.com earlier today
thats now 3 signings for you 0 for us:(

Grainger@CUFC
13-06-2007, 03:38 PM
i saw this on skysports.com earlier today
thats now 3 signings for you 0 for us:(

Yep, for once we've been quite productive at the start of the window :rolleyes:. Just need a couple of central defenders and possibly a right winger and we'll be good to go :D.

Jordie
13-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Yep, for once we've been quite productive at the start of the window :rolleyes:. Just need a couple of central defenders and possibly a right winger and we'll be good to go :D.

alright for some then:)
we need a a few more experienced players
i expect blackwell to sign because the team we have atm wont be good enough to get promoted again.

Jordie
26-06-2007, 02:50 PM
no point posting a seperate thread

but today we have signed
wales u21 international dave edwards on a 3 year deal who has been called up to the senior side and is expected to get his debut

and rumour is that we have offered a 1 year deal to former qpr striker paul furlong:)

Grainger@CUFC
28-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Billy Sharp returned to Sheffield United for 2 million pounds.

Big loss for Scunny as he was easily their biggest threat. Nice sum of money seing as they bought him for £100,000.

Jamie!
28-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Billy Sharp returned to Sheffield United for 2 million pounds.

Big loss for Scunny as he was easily their biggest threat. Nice sum of money seing as they bought him for £100,000.

Wednesday manager Laws will be ****** off :D.

Jordie
28-06-2007, 04:06 PM
luton sign left back alan goodall on 2 year contract

and have offered contracts to both paul peschisolido and paul furlong

and are in talks with millwalls young talent marvin elliot

Hoodstar
01-07-2007, 07:25 AM

Liverpool are planning to hijack Juventus' move for Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze. (Various)

And the Reds will wrap up a deal for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres in "days", despite reports Manchester City tabled a bigger bid. (Times)

Thaksin Shinawatra's takeover of City is in the balance. (Various)

Carlos Tevez will make a decision on his future after the Copa America. Four Premiership clubs are interested. (Independent)

Manchester United are leading the race to sign the Argentine. (Star)

Although Sir Alex Ferguson does not actually want to sign Tevez, Michael Owen or Jermain Defoe. (Mail)

And Sir Alex will have to sell before he can spend on any more new players. (Mail)

Manchester United are the club that are set to beat Rangers to the signature of Bordeaux's Julien Fabuert. (Star)

Or maybe not. West Ham have offered £6m for the wantaway winger. (Express)

The Hammers could make a move for Tottenham striker Mido. (Telegraph)

Fellow Spurs striker Jermain Defoe features prominently on Aston Villa's list of summer targets. (Express)

But Defoe does not want to move to Villa or West Ham, while Liverpool and Chelsea, as well as Manchester United, do not want him. (Times)

Who does that leave? Sunderland, who put in an £8m bid for Defoe. (Express)

And Portsmouth are also interested in the diminutive striker. (Various)

Pompey are in the market for a striker as Bulgarian Svetoslav Todorov has turned down a new contract. (Various)

Villa are also still leading the chase for West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker, although Manchester City hope to hijack that move. (Telegraph)

And Villa boss Martin O'Neill will splash some of his £30m transfer kitty - £10m to be precise - on Chelsea midfielder Shaun Wright-Phillips. (Mirror)

Although Tottenham boss Martin Jol believes he will win the race to sign Wright-Phillips - if one develops - and he also wants fellow Chelsea player Lassana Diarra. (Sun)

Another midfielder heading for the exit at Stamford Bridge looks to be Geremi. Aston Villa - yup, them again - are vying with Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Everton and Sunderland for the Cameroonian. (Mail)

And then there's Frank Lampard. Jose Mourinho has warned that Chelsea have to sort out the England international's future before other clubs tempt him to leave. (Sun)

And Blues striker Didier Drogba has revealed he is weighing up offers from other clubs and will make a decision on his future next week. (Sun)

One player not leaving west London this summer is Arjen Robben. (Various)

And Kevin Nolan will not be leaving Bolton - news that will come as a blow to reported suitors West Ham. (Various)

Fulham want to make a £2.5m bid for Blackburn striker Jason Roberts, who has snubbed an approach from Charlton. Everton are also interested. (Sun)

Blackburn midfielder Robbie Savage has turned down a move to Wigan. (Various)

And Rovers and Celtic are battling it out for Holland striker Maceo Rigters. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will have to drop his £12m asking price for Craig Bellamy if he wants to offload the Welsh striker. (Star)

Mikael Silvestre was not in the team photo as Manchester United unveiled their new kit. (Sun)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce has earmarked Barcelona's Eidur Gudjohnsen as a potential target. (Various)

Reports in Italy suggest Barcelona's Brazilian star Ronaldinho could be on his way to AC Milan. He is currently filming an ad in Milan. (Guardian)

Rangers are preparing a third offer for Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith. (Mail)

Sochaux have rejected a bid from Celtic for midfielder Guiranne N'Daw. (Sun)

Borussia Dortmund have told Celtic that striker Alexander Frei is not for sale. (Express)

West Brom have moved closer to the signing of Celtic striker Craig Beattie. (Mail)

David Marshall's agent says the Celtic goalkeeper will move to Norwich City for £700,000. (Mail)

Falkirk are poised to sign Stirling Albion goalkeeper Scott Christie. (Sun)

Dundee United will next week give a trial to Gorica striker Jani Sturm. (Mail)

Scriptermone
01-07-2007, 09:36 AM
France midfielder Florent Malouda insists he is determined to move to Chelsea, despite Lyon rejecting a £12m bid for him this week.

Link to full story [Click Here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6257894.stm)]

Jordie
02-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Luton sign experienced ipswich midfielder darren currie on a two year deal
3rd signing so far for us:)

02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
lost earnshaw to derby- :@
signed cuerton from colchester, pleased with that. :)

Jordie
02-07-2007, 11:37 AM
lost earnshaw to derby- :@
signed cuerton from colchester, pleased with that. :)

your also battling celtic for the signature of that dutch u21 player...
and your also trying to pinch millwalls young talent marvin elliot off of us
we've offered him a contract dnno if you have have..

02-07-2007, 11:42 AM
your also battling celtic for the signature of that dutch u21 player...
and your also trying to pinch millwalls young talent marvin elliot off of us
we've offered him a contract dnno if you have have..

yeh i just read about the hollandguy, doubt we'll get him though cause of celtic. we also want a czech striker & marshall from celtic.
not heard anything on that eilliot though...

[DC]eption
02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
David Beckham's new side LA Galaxy want Dec out of And and Dec to attend trials after the Geordie TV legend impressed chiefs with his finishing during a kickabout with Robbie Williams. (Daily Star)

Lol?

Jordie
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
yeh i just read about the hollandguy, doubt we'll get him though cause of celtic. we also want a czech striker & marshall from celtic.
not heard anything on that eilliot though...

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/lut-sport?articleid=2992120

thats a link to our local newspaper, hes been offered a contract by us but hes considering offers from the championship and norwich are believed to be one of those clubs..

Hoodstar
02-07-2007, 10:11 PM
David Beckham's new side LA Galaxy want Dec out of And and Dec to attend trials after the Geordie TV legend impressed chiefs with his finishing during a kickabout with Robbie Williams. (Daily Star)

Lol?

Trust.. theyre so desperate right now for a win.. they'll do about anything to get winning again.

Jordie
04-07-2007, 01:43 PM
luton sign veteran striker paul furlong on a 1 year contract

russel perret leaves luton and joins bournemouth on a free transfer

04-07-2007, 02:02 PM
we signed a french midfielder from hearts and a scottish keeper from celtic :)

Jordie
05-07-2007, 03:05 PM
Luton sign Chris Perry from west brom on 2 year contract:D

HabboIsKrouts
05-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Wolves 99% signed freddi eastwood :D http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475263&CPID=11&clid=39&lid=&title=Southend+confirm+Freddy+deal

Excellent signing for us IMO! :D

Jordie
05-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Wolves 99% signed freddi eastwood :D http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=475263&CPID=11&clid=39&lid=&title=Southend+confirm+Freddy+deal

not proven in the championship hes another that im not sure about...
hes expected to score some goals for you this season!:P

gosling
05-07-2007, 08:24 PM
luton sign veteran striker paul furlong on a 1 year contract

russel perret leaves luton and joins bournemouth on a free transfer& now Kevin Gallen's gone to MK Dons. I'm slowly losing respect for our veterans! :P

06-07-2007, 09:11 AM

damn i was hoping we'd get him :(

we are close to signing a czech striker apparently.

MattyBoy
06-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Norwich are gay. When we were after Billy Sharpe, they were after him, when we were after Eastwood they were after him.

HabboIsKrouts
06-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Lmaoo Wolves signed Eastwood! Great signing :D

Grainger@CUFC
09-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Carlisle have taken former Ajax and AZ Alkmaar winger, Reggie Faria, on a week's trial and could feature in the first pre-season friendly at Barrow.

It is rumoured that former Newcastle defender, Robbie Elliott, turned down a move to Carlisle for Hartlepool at the very last minute.

Jordie
09-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Luton linked with former cardiff goalkeeper Neil Alexander

And few rumours going around about a possible return for John Hartson although i expect thats a load of rubbish..

Jordie
11-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Luton take Don hutchinson on trial:)

Jambe
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I didnt know football had that much :o

Grainger@CUFC
11-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Carlisle club captain, Peter Murphy has turned his back on a move away from Brunton Park after only League 1 teams were interested in him. He's said he would rather stay with United than move to one of those teams. He has signed a new two year deal today.

Matt Jansen has been training with United to get his fitness back on track. Jansen's career has failed to get going again after the head injuries he suffered in an accident back in 2002, when he was on the verge of playing for England. It is believed that United may sign Jansen on a permanent basis and help his career get going again, just like with Michael Bridges.

Carlisle have also been linked with experienced defenders Paul Butler and Graham Coughlan.

Jordie
11-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Carlisle club captain, Peter Murphy has turned his back on a move away from Brunton Park after only League 1 teams were interested in him. He's said he would rather stay with United than move to one of those teams. He has signed a new two year deal today.

Matt Jansen has been training with United to get his fitness back on track. Jansen's career has failed to get going again after the head injuries he suffered in an accident back in 2002, when he was on the verge of playing for England. It is believed that United may sign Jansen on a permanent basis and help his career get going again, just like with Michael Bridges.

Carlisle have also been linked with experienced defenders Paul Butler and Graham Coughlan.

Matt Jansen used to be a brilliant player
if you could get him back to his best form
he will be a real good player for you.

Grainger@CUFC
11-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Matt Jansen used to be a brilliant player
if you could get him back to his best form
he will be a real good player for you.

Just like he was when he was first here :rolleyes:.

Grainger@CUFC
19-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Sorry for double post. Week out of editing time :)

17 year old Ged Dalton has signed for Carlisle after being released from Scarborough. Clubs including Liverpool and Blackburn have been tracking him. He's signed a two year deal.

19-07-2007, 11:40 AM
we have signed jimmy smith on loan from chelsea till end of december.

HabboIsKrouts
19-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Wolves sign Stephen Elliot for 1.1million from Sunderland, Also Eto'o probably going to Milan.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!