PDA

View Full Version : England vs Brazil

Aflux
31-05-2007, 03:19 PM
England vs Brazil

Several players out for England [Ferdinand, Richards, Dawson].

Wes Brown's tipped to start.

I think Brazil have it in the bag tbh.

Charles
31-05-2007, 03:21 PM
England vs Brazil

Several players out for England [Ferdinand, Richards, Dawson].

Wes Brown's tipped to start.

I think Brazil have it in the bag tbh.

Of course they do. We're awful.

summer
31-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Head says Brazil, heart says England. The re-addition of Beckham has given me high hopes, but I don't know why. I'll go for a 2-2 draw.

jamie-yuh-2k6
31-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Cmon Brazil

i Say kaka will get 4
Ronaldinho may get a few
Robiniho may get a few

BRING ON ENGLAND :L

EASY

_Liam
31-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Well no contest Brazil will hammer us i'll say 4-1 but my heart says beckham will score a 35 yard free kick. I think beckham will play a blinder and then Mclaren drops him for estonia.

OMGitsaROSS
31-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Omg 3 key players :rolleyes:

Aflux
31-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Omg 3 key players :rolleyes:
So, if Brazil didn't have Kaka, Adriano and Ronaldinho you're saying it wouldn't make a difference?

Rio Ferdinand, Michael Dawson, Gary Neville, Ashley Cole, Jonathan Woodgate and Micah Richards are all injured.

:alexxTURNER
31-05-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm gonna be there :D even though we'll most probably get beat i'm looking forward to it.

VPSwow
31-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I want England to win, but i think Brazil will.

OMGitsaROSS
31-05-2007, 04:38 PM
none of those are key players for us. "/

Browney
31-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Brazil will win I think.

Eckuii
31-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Same for me, heart is with England, head is with Brazil.

Who cares if Richards and Dawson are out? They hardly get played anyway. Dawson isnt a key player, I dont think hes earned an international cap yet, so stop chatting.
Key players out are Ashley Cole, G.Neville and Rooney.

I think Beckham is bound to score at the new Wembley.
Hope Owen scores to boost a bit of confidence.

Heart says England 2-1
Head says Brazil 3-1

Putal
31-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I hope Beckham gets a goal or two to prove his worth to England. :)

Aflux
31-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I hope Beckham plays crap, his usual self and then he can leave England again and bugger off to USA.

Dj-Stu
31-05-2007, 06:00 PM
England need to rest p.neville so wes will start probs.

Brazil have dropped roandlo , adranio and dida. Cafu is retired

I say england will nick this 2-1.

Kaka Pen
Owen Header
And a brazil own goal / Joe Cole

Aflux
31-05-2007, 06:07 PM
England need to rest p.neville so wes will start probs.

Brazil have dropped roandlo , adranio and dida. Cafu is retired

I say england will nick this 2-1.

Kaka Pen
Owen Header
And a brazil own goal / Joe Cole
If you put a bet on that then you'd win millions.

Jordie
31-05-2007, 06:11 PM
doubt it will be a cricket score they will beat us tho

Jamie!
31-05-2007, 11:19 PM
i actually reckon we might nick a 2-0 win.. then everyone will start to believe that we're invincible, but will be brought back down to earth with a thud after 2 poor results in the next 2 qualifiers.

CJW93
31-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Im going wembley today!!!!

Putal
31-05-2007, 11:47 PM
Im going wembley today!!!!

You're very lucky.

Hoodstar
01-06-2007, 12:51 AM
This should be an interesting match 'cos I don't really see Brazil going full out to get a victory but then again I don't see England performing to their best either.. as that is a rare occurance.

The focus so far leading to this game has obviously been Beckham & it'll also be the focus during the match too, which does releave pressure off of players who have been under performing when playing for England. (Eg. Lampard, Rooney - Who both haven't scored since 04' Euro Championships?)

Brazil however have got an aray of talent all over the pitch as always & could be the chance for people like Afonso Alves to really perfome well infront of several spectators & scouts. A guy who's scored 34 in 31 games in the Dutch League is due some credit. Credit which he could earn when playing against England.

I hope to see good performances from Lampard, Rooney, Owen, Beckham & Gerrard. These are probably classed as our "key players" when it comes down to it & if they're able to give the fans a solid performance, then confidence can carry on into the Estonian game & reduce alot of the media criticism which has followed pretty much every game since the 2006 World Cup Group Stage matches.

Prediction -

Brazil 2 - 1 England.

Scorers? Brazil - Afonso Alves & Kaka.
England - Gerrard.

Aflux
01-06-2007, 11:20 AM
This should be an interesting match 'cos I don't really see Brazil going full out to get a victory but then again I don't see England performing to their best either.. as that is a rare occurance.

The focus so far leading to this game has obviously been Beckham & it'll also be the focus during the match too, which does releave pressure off of players who have been under performing when playing for England. (Eg. Lampard, Rooney - Who both haven't scored since 04' Euro Championships?)

Brazil however have got an aray of talent all over the pitch as always & could be the chance for people like Afonso Alves to really perfome well infront of several spectators & scouts. A guy who's scored 34 in 31 games in the Dutch League is due some credit. Credit which he could earn when playing against England.

I hope to see good performances from Lampard, Rooney, Owen, Beckham & Gerrard. These are probably classed as our "key players" when it comes down to it & if they're able to give the fans a solid performance, then confidence can carry on into the Estonian game & reduce alot of the media criticism which has followed pretty much every game since the 2006 World Cup Group Stage matches.

Prediction -

Brazil 2 - 1 England.

Scorers? Brazil - Afonso Alves & Kaka.
England - Gerrard.

Don't you think all the England squad is under performing though?

I mean, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham, outside of international duties are brilliant, top-notch world class players but when they play together, as England, they fail for some reason.

It'd be interesting as this could be classed as a rematch from '02 quarters where we played well enough to win.

OMGitsaROSS
01-06-2007, 11:23 AM
In '02 we could of easily beat them. Except for scholes giving away a **** freekick which could of been avoided. And the players/goalkeeper reacting to the fact that the ball was going in. Even if it were a cross, Seaman should of collected it.

Hoodstar
01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Don't you think all the England squad is under performing though?

I mean, Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham, outside of international duties are brilliant, top-notch world class players but when they play together, as England, they fail for some reason.

It'd be interesting as this could be classed as a rematch from '02 quarters where we played well enough to win.

I think England's biggest problem of late is finding the right balance within the line-up.

It's been the case for some time now that England try & play all their world-class players into one side & it doesn't plan out is we hoped.

A vast majority of the English teams play a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1. Personally a 4-5-1 rarely works in a International Match so we've got to stick with the classic but conventional 4-4-2. But the players we pick for that formation don't work.

Defensively.. I think we're quite well equiped. We're not blessed with the worlds finest defenders but we've got a nice blend of them. We've got a strong attacking defender in Terry. A quietly affective defender in Ferdinand, who is very able of cleaning up at the back. And we've also got 2 Full-backs who have no problems in attacking up the flanks & over-lapping the winger in Cole & Neville. (Yes I know they're injured but let's put ourselves in the scenario that we've got a full & complete squad :))

Midfield has been a slight problem for a while now, trying to find balance between attacking midfielders & defensive has always been our downfall I believe. We've got such a aray of talent in one area but we've still unable to find the right mixture.

The right hand side of Midfield has never really been questionable to recently with the Beckham issues. I do wonder who'll be his successor in the future though. Wright-Phillips? Can't really get much first team action at chelsea but is slowly wilding his way into his starting 11. Lennon? Is a tottenham regular but we fail to see true consistancy when he's playing at international. Pennant? I think this guy has a few more years before hes a serious contender for that position, but.. hes one to look forward too.
Joe Cole? I think this guy is underated for England & when he plays on his better side (right side) he can be a influence. Left-side is NOT his position & why we try and mould him into something he's not I'll never know. And we have others coming up through the ranks like Bentley & Walcott.

Center of midfield somehow is a problem at the moment, we've got players such as Gerrard, Lampard, Hargreaves, Carrick, Parker, Jenas ect ect. People say playing the diamond formation like Chelsea operate is the best way around it, but we're still obsessed with playing Lampard with Gerrard. Has anyone realised that it just doesn't work? They're both attacking & it leaves gaps behind them where teams like Brazil will exploit without battering a eye-lid. I believe we should play Gerrard with Hargreaves. Teams like brazil have fast flowing football, and Hargreaves has the ability to kill Brazil's free-flowing attacks. And we all know the capabilities Gerrard possess.

Left-side of attack will always be a problem until we find a NATURAL left footed winger. Joe Cole did alright but never looked extremely comfortable. Downing? The guy has the talent, but we're not exploiting it.. I think McClaren's too scared to leave big names like Lampard or Gerrard out the side so he's able to accomodate for everyone, and it just doesn't work like that. Most nations play there best left-footed wnger on the left, why are we so different that we try & play an attacking, right-footed midfielder there in Gerrard or Joe Cole? I don't get it.

Finally, Strikers.. Last couple years we've been slightly at unease with strikers, Rooney hasn't found his touch at international's since Euro 2004. Owen is a natural goalscorer & does seem to pop-up when it matters. Smith has never really been given the chance since he got sent off against Macedonia. People like Johnson & Darrent Bent are just being ignored & stuck on the right wing, which is pointless, they're not right wingers, so why the hell stick 'em there?

When England FIND that balance, I do believe we'll be a more effective side. Rather then a team who has a host full of well known players, but can't work together because the balance isn't right.

ownedpls
01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I hear Owen is back? Or is he not palyign and CMON ENGLAND!

shokz
01-06-2007, 03:32 PM
England will win im 90% confident i dont know why

thankfully beckham and owen are back and that idiot who said beckham should leave england and go back to USA and stay there.. go fcuk yaself :)

Eckuii
01-06-2007, 03:46 PM
I think England's biggest problem of late is finding the right balance within the line-up.

It's been the case for some time now that England try & play all their world-class players into one side & it doesn't plan out is we hoped.

A vast majority of the English teams play a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1. Personally a 4-5-1 rarely works in a International Match so we've got to stick with the classic but conventional 4-4-2. But the players we pick for that formation don't work.

Defensively.. I think we're quite well equiped. We're not blessed with the worlds finest defenders but we've got a nice blend of them. We've got a strong attacking defender in Terry. A quietly affective defender in Ferdinand, who is very able of cleaning up at the back. And we've also got 2 Full-backs who have no problems in attacking up the flanks & over-lapping the winger in Cole & Neville. (Yes I know they're injured but let's put ourselves in the scenario that we've got a full & complete squad :))

Midfield has been a slight problem for a while now, trying to find balance between attacking midfielders & defensive has always been our downfall I believe. We've got such a aray of talent in one area but we've still unable to find the right mixture.

The right hand side of Midfield has never really been questionable to recently with the Beckham issues. I do wonder who'll be his successor in the future though. Wright-Phillips? Can't really get much first team action at chelsea but is slowly wilding his way into his starting 11. Lennon? Is a tottenham regular but we fail to see true consistancy when he's playing at international. Pennant? I think this guy has a few more years before hes a serious contender for that position, but.. hes one to look forward too.
Joe Cole? I think this guy is underated for England & when he plays on his better side (right side) he can be a influence. Left-side is NOT his position & why we try and mould him into something he's not I'll never know. And we have others coming up through the ranks like Bentley & Walcott.

Center of midfield somehow is a problem at the moment, we've got players such as Gerrard, Lampard, Hargreaves, Carrick, Parker, Jenas ect ect. People say playing the diamond formation like Chelsea operate is the best way around it, but we're still obsessed with playing Lampard with Gerrard. Has anyone realised that it just doesn't work? They're both attacking & it leaves gaps behind them where teams like Brazil will exploit without battering a eye-lid. I believe we should play Gerrard with Hargreaves. Teams like brazil have fast flowing football, and Hargreaves has the ability to kill Brazil's free-flowing attacks. And we all know the capabilities Gerrard possess.

Left-side of attack will always be a problem until we find a NATURAL left footed winger. Joe Cole did alright but never looked extremely comfortable. Downing? The guy has the talent, but we're not exploiting it.. I think McClaren's too scared to leave big names like Lampard or Gerrard out the side so he's able to accomodate for everyone, and it just doesn't work like that. Most nations play there best left-footed wnger on the left, why are we so different that we try & play an attacking, right-footed midfielder there in Gerrard or Joe Cole? I don't get it.

Finally, Strikers.. Last couple years we've been slightly at unease with strikers, Rooney hasn't found his touch at international's since Euro 2004. Owen is a natural goalscorer & does seem to pop-up when it matters. Smith has never really been given the chance since he got sent off against Macedonia. People like Johnson & Darrent Bent are just being ignored & stuck on the right wing, which is pointless, they're not right wingers, so why the hell stick 'em there?

When England FIND that balance, I do believe we'll be a more effective side. Rather then a team who has a host full of well known players, but can't work together because the balance isn't right.

Well I read all of this, and agree'd with most of it to be honest. I like to see someone that actually knows what hes talking about lol.

Although I do disagree with the Joe Cole on the left part, I think Joe Cole plays some brilliant football on the left. He plays on the left for Chelsea, and hes good for them. In the World Cup 2006, I think by far Joe Cole was our best player, and he played brilliant on the left. I disagree with the Downing statement, personally I think Downing is too over-rated, and im not just jumping on the band-wangon with all the other people saying this. Its true.
I think players Lampard and Gerrard in center-mid is a mistake. I think drop Lampard, and play Hargreaves in his position.

I dont know why in your attackers section you havent put anything about Peter Crouch? He is very under-rated. Although everyone thinks we lay the long ball to him to knock it down, he has still scored 11 in the last sommat, cant remember the stat.

My midfield would be, Cole on left, Gerrard, Beckham and Hargreaves sitting just behind the Midfield.
Although I would prefer Scholes back in the England squad, he is a class player and id love if he came back from retirement, then we could deffianatly drop Lampard. lol

shokz
01-06-2007, 03:50 PM
true eckuii scholes should come out of international retirement

Hoodstar
01-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Well I read all of this, and agree'd with most of it to be honest. I like to see someone that actually knows what hes talking about lol.

Although I do disagree with the Joe Cole on the left part, I think Joe Cole plays some brilliant football on the left. He plays on the left for Chelsea, and hes good for them. In the World Cup 2006, I think by far Joe Cole was our best player, and he played brilliant on the left. I disagree with the Downing statement, personally I think Downing is too over-rated, and im not just jumping on the band-wangon with all the other people saying this. Its true.
I think players Lampard and Gerrard in center-mid is a mistake. I think drop Lampard, and play Hargreaves in his position.

I dont know why in your attackers section you havent put anything about Peter Crouch? He is very under-rated. Although everyone thinks we lay the long ball to him to knock it down, he has still scored 11 in the last sommat, cant remember the stat.

My midfield would be, Cole on left, Gerrard, Beckham and Hargreaves sitting just behind the Midfield.
Although I would prefer Scholes back in the England squad, he is a class player and id love if he came back from retirement, then we could deffianatly drop Lampard. lol

I do agree he was rather instrumental on the left-hand side during the World-Cup, I believe he'll be more of a influence on the right, where it favours his right foot. But yes, he has undoubted ability & can help England on whatever side he plays. Just, I'd rather have a winger who plays on a side that favours his preferred foot. Wayne Bridge always comes into my mind when I think of who could fill in on the Left-Wing. He's got a decent amount of pace & can deliver a good end product 75% of the time. Just not entirely sure if he's confident as a winger & not a full-back.

I didn't mention Peter Crouch because even though he's been quite a saviour to England when it comes to netting goals I've never been a fan of him. Whenever he plays for whoever, Liverpool or England, all the players go into a mode where they have to lob the ball into him everytime they have the chance. Yes this does sometimes end-up in a goal but after a while it becomes so predictable, after 10-20 Minutes of play, the other team are working around it. When he does play he can kill Englands variation of play, if they were able to vary their attacks, sometimes chip it into Crouch & then after that, try & play a through-ball to Owen/Rooney, then I wouldn't have a problem. But the fact that when he play's, the players just shove it into the box in sheer hope he'll get enough on it to make an effect. Then if it doesn't work, they'll keep trying til' it does. If it worked everytime, then sure, keep doing it, but it such a indefinate method of trying to score, I'm far from in favour of it.

My Midfield at the moment would be;

Left - Bridge (When he's fit)
Defensive Mid - Hargreaves
Attacking Mid - Gerrard
Right - Beckham or Cole.

Not sure.. Probably Beckham to start then bring Cole on for either Beckham or Bridge when the other team are tiring, 'cos he has the ability to cross/run past players.

Jordie
01-06-2007, 04:04 PM
I do agree he was rather instrumental on the left-hand side during the World-Cup, I believe he'll be more of a influence on the right, where it favours his right foot. But yes, he has undoubted ability & can help England on whatever side he plays. Just, I'd rather have a winger who plays on a side that favours his preferred foot. Wayne Bridge always comes into my mind when I think of who could fill in on the Left-Wing. He's got a decent amount of pace & can deliver a good end product 75% of the time. Just not entirely sure if he's confident as a winger & not a full-back.

I didn't mention Peter Crouch because even though he's been quite a saviour to England when it comes to netting goals I've never been a fan of him. Whenever he plays for whoever, Liverpool or England, all the players go into a mode where they have to lob the ball into him everytime they have the chance. Yes this does sometimes end-up in a goal but after a while it becomes so predictable, after 10-20 Minutes of play, the other team are working around it. When he does play he can kill Englands variation of play, if they were able to vary their attacks, sometimes chip it into Crouch & then after that, try & play a through-ball to Owen/Rooney, then I wouldn't have a problem. But the fact that when he play's, the players just shove it into the box in sheer hope he'll get enough on it to make an effect. Then if it doesn't work, we'll keep trying til' it does. If that worked everytime, then sure, keep doing it, but it such a indefinate method of trying to score, I'm far from in favour of it.

My Midfield at the moment would be;

Left - Bridge
Defensive Mid - Hargreaves
Attacking Mid - Gerrard
Right - Beckham or Cole.

Not sure.. Probably Beckham to start then bring cole on for either Beckham or Bridge when the other team are tiring, 'cos he has the ability to cross/run past players.

na id play joe cole on the left and beckham on the right:)

Aflux
01-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Seeing Owen back makes me happy, and seeing Wembley makes me feel proud to be English =]

Tom H
01-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Why oh why did he play carragher right back :|

cocaine
01-06-2007, 07:02 PM
3-0 brazil.

thats my thoughts.

Aflux
01-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I want Shorey to play a great game and maybe get noticed.

I think Brazil will win it though.

DannyyTBH.
01-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Everyone paid their respects to Alan Ball

Thats what the black arm bands are btw

Sharpsterz
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
is it 0-0?

Slash
01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
1-0 England !

Tom H
01-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Great goal, nice cross beckham :D

cocaine
01-06-2007, 08:31 PM
lovely goal :D

velocity
01-06-2007, 08:34 PM
thats why john terry plays for chelsea (L)

Hoodstar
01-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Diegooooooo! Talented player right there. :)

Tom H
01-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Was a good performance to take to Estonia on wednesday

Jordie
01-06-2007, 09:03 PM
good performance

but you cannot mark like that:rolleyes: whos man was it, free header in the 92nd minute:( i expect them to beat estonia:)

CJW93
01-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Just got back from the game Terrys goal was great, as was Beckhams performance nice to see Kaka live sat dead center of the pitch, it scary that after a performance t=like that, Wes Brown play for Manchester United?

Ashley 12344
01-06-2007, 10:06 PM
What the hell was Smith doing? He was in the wrong sport. Wes' first attempt at a touch was him falling.

Man U players... not impressed.

Hellspencer
01-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Brazil scored 92nd minute well done ,but they didnt even have a good team playing only about 4 first 11

Jamie!
01-06-2007, 10:59 PM
thought we played well first half, but it kinda dragged on in the second half up until the goal. looked alot more better going forward too with beckham on the right. alan smith had a night to forget, everytime he got the ball he got pushed off it.

Jordie
02-06-2007, 10:57 AM
thought we played well first half, but it kinda dragged on in the second half up until the goal. looked alot more better going forward too with beckham on the right. alan smith had a night to forget, everytime he got the ball he got pushed off it.

i agree, i dont rate smith at all:(

Soka
02-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Heres wes brown modelling the new man united kit :P

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6673/wesbrownnewmanckitbl3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I think overall england played alright with beckham proving all his critcism wrong as he put in a solid performance

i don't know why alan smith was playing instead of crouch, unless hes resting him? but why bring the crosser of the ball of - beckham, and bring on a 6 foot 7 striker whose good at heading :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!