PDA

View Full Version : British Culture

sim
31-05-2007, 09:10 PM
is winding me up a bit, we have a lot of extreme right-wing people in this country, who are pro-privatizations and say alot of things that are just damn right crazy.

I think the NEWS is a very important thing in the UK but it is done wrong.

Example. ITV News, it was just after the Tsunami thousands and thousands of people died, and ITV decided to do a special report from Bostcastle. What hapened there? At worst a few people lost their shops and houses, injuries: one broken thumb. The choice was between two floods, one horific, and one not-great, and they chose the mediocre of the two. Then they cut to people who had opinions on the matter [paraphrased] "I think its outrageous that we are sending all this money abroad it should be kept in this country to help those from Boscaslte" I was like soz, those people in the tsnumai were poor, have no assets and alot died, children were orphaned. This is one mistake I think has been made by people of the UK.

Another example is the Over-hype and coverage of the whole "Find Madeline" fiasco. It's been going on for weeks now, and its one child. The people who tie yellow ribbons to fences arent getting anywhere, alot of the stuff is pointless and not at all practical. Ofcourse its devistating, but there are wars going on, there is famine across many regions of the world, there are natural disasters that affect BILLIONS and we give a hell of a lot of money in aid of finding one girl, who is probably dead, to be blunt. This coverage is all because the parents can afford it, and its a form of elitism, where only the richest survive, and only the richest can afford to find missing daughters.

Which brings me onto my next point which is privatisation. I disagree totally with privatisation as it is just the cause of a bigger divide between the rich and the poor. An example is the continuation of people wanting to privatise the NHS, but this would mean on the richest could survive, and only the richest could afford appointments, check-ups, and other vital things such as dental care. Don't get me wrong, Im not patriotic, I disagree with patriotisism because it leads to racism and countries believing that another is superior or inferior to another, BUT I honestly thing that the NHS is what makes Britain "Great Britain".

Comments?

Hecktix
31-05-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree totally.

First point is a bit old though xD

But yeah the Madeleine thing isnt stupid, but it is a bit OTT, they aren't going to find her in this country thats for sure, but there are other children who go missing too. Anyway why should we help her NEGLECTIVE parents.

I dont care if I get -repped for my opinion on that either, so -Rep ahead.

Privatisation of the NHS will only happen under a Conservative government, which I hate to say is probably going to happen.

-:Undertaker:-
31-05-2007, 09:15 PM
is winding me up a bit, we have a lot of extreme right-wing people in this country, who are pro-privatizations and say alot of things that are just damn right crazy.

Example. ITV News, it was just after the Tsunami thousands and thousands of people died, and ITV decided to do a special report from Bostcastle. What hapened there? At worst a few people lost their shops and houses, injuries: one broken thumb. The choice was between two floods, one horific, and one not-great, and they chose the mediocre of the two. Then they cut to people who had opinions on the matter [paraphrased] "I think its outrageous that we are sending all this money abroad it should be kept in this country to help those from Boscaslte" I was like soz, those people in the tsnumai were poor, have no assets and alot died, children were orphaned. This is one mistake I think has been made by people of the UK.

Another example is the Over-hype and coverage of the whole "Find Madeline" fiasco. It's been going on for weeks now, and its one child. The people who tie yellow ribbons to fences arent getting anywhere, alot of the stuff is pointless and not at all practical. Ofcourse its devistating, but there are wars going on, there is famine across many regions of the world, there are natural disasters that affect BILLIONS and we give a hell of a lot of money in aid of finding one girl, who is probably dead, to be blunt. This coverage is all because the parents can afford it, and its a form of elitism, where only the richest survive, and only the richest can afford to find missing daughters.

Which brings me onto my next point which is privatisation. I disagree totally with privatisation as it is just the cause of a bigger divide between the rich and the poor. An example is the continuation of people wanting to privatise the NHS, but this would mean on the richest could survive, and only the richest could afford appointments, check-ups, and other vital things such as dental care. Don't get me wrong, Im not patriotic, I disagree with patriotisism because it leads to racism and countries believing that another is superior or inferior to another, BUT I honestly thing that the NHS is what makes Britain "Great Britain".

Comments?

We should sort our own country out first, so if one of our citys get flooded then we should repair that before we even start thinking about repairing foreign countrys.

Also privatisation is a good thing, NHS is in meltdown due to it being run by poor management and we splash billions on it and it's all wasted.

In America the poor people get help with paying for their health care, they are not left to die.

sim
31-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I agree totally.

First point is a bit old though xD

But yeah the Madeleine thing isnt stupid, but it is a bit OTT, they aren't going to find her in this country thats for sure, but there are other children who go missing too. Anyway why should we help her NEGLECTIVE parents.

I dont care if I get -repped for my opinion on that either, so -Rep ahead.

Privatisation of the NHS will only happen under a Conservative government, which I hate to say is probably going to happen.
I +rep people who have opinions =]. Mixed views there, I think the parents wre a bit neglective too! Good point, and I don't think there will be a conservative gonverment. Labour/Lib-Dem coalition is higly likely.

We should sort our own country out first, so if one of our citys get flooded then we should repair that before we even start thinking about repairing foreign countrys.

Also privatisation is a good thing, NHS is in meltdown due to it being run by poor management and we splash billions on it and it's all wasted.

In America the poor people get help with paying for their health care, they are not left to die.
You raise a good point, but tbh I think this country manages, and maybe there isn't the need for so many British only funds. Privitasation would mean some people inveitably can't afford health-care though, no matter how bad the NHS is. Example is in Halrem in the US. Its one of the most economically developed countries, but it has one of the lowest life expentancies due to privitastion of health.

Hecktix
01-06-2007, 12:31 AM
The only people the NHS is unfair on is old people waiting for operations.

But hardly anybody waits that long they die.

If you need emergency medical treatment in this country, you can get it, and I wouldn't call that a bad NHS, in America, if you get hit by a car you get taken to hospital, woken up and it's like "Thats $4000 please Sir" before you can even ask where you are. Yes, poor people get help for health service in America, but they can only afford the crappiest hospitals. Tbh I think the NHS is rather good.

How is a Conservative government not likely? People seem to LOVE David Cameron, unless Gordon Brown makes a HUGGE impact on this country, we're going into the hands of the Tories.

Digital
01-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Way to much money gone into that little girl, police are doing everything they can to find her, whats buying a yellow ribbon going to do? :| Lots of normal kids go missing everyday and it doesn't even make the news....

Another thing is we send money out to all these country's that has homeless people and ill people or w.e but England has sick people too, my Dad had to wait well over 6 months to get his back scanned so they could see how bad it was, it was quit painful for him since nothing could be done until he got the scan. what I'm trying to say is that if England had more money and didn't give it to other country's it could build more hospitals and help the homeless here and help the poor family's here!

Charity starts at home I say

Hecktix
01-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Lots of normal kids go missing everyday and it doesn't even make the news....

EXACTLY!

I have given out too much rep in the past 24 hours, but remind me to +rep you for that!!

Mentor
01-06-2007, 02:03 AM

Comments?

I cant really see what thats got to do with british culture.. which primarly seems to consist of binge drinking o.0 but still i agree with alot of it. Im a bit of a socalist at heart, i much prefer the old labor style values to the xorex copy goverments we now have, New labor and conservatives have become the same thing, if you didnt notice, all they seem to cair about is populatry rather than actualy doing something useful with the countary or haveing a decent policy that will actualy do some good.

I dont belive the NHS should be privatised, back before most of birtains industry was privatised it self sustaining, are large coal/steel industry (govement run before privatison) was makeing profit, which then payed for the great majorty of the NHS and other industry that went, meaing there were lots of jobs, and a much bigger loss of money all round... thatcher did a good hatchet job on that one...

The NHS though is still the most important thing, and a great part of the birtish wellfair state, i personaly prefer the ideolgy we should look out for each other, to one where we all just free for all it, as in the "the poor die in the gutter and the rich live in castles" system that some seem to want.

The NHS is also vital for our econemy, being the BIGGEST employer in eurpoe, if it gets privatised remove, think how many jobs will be at risk.. and massive unempoliment rates are NOT a good for a countary.

issues with the Media arnt really anything to do with the goverment or how its run, its just an issue of tabloid style news reporting, the aims to sell papers and maximise viewers, thats all, they dont do it to be nice, only to make money, the BBC is the only news channel that doesnt have moeny as its inccentive and actualy aims to be helpful to people (BBC is another insitution i think should stay)

Anyway, this is getting increasingly rambling and incohrient so im gona stop now, but long story short, i agree with alot of that.

Digital: the money that went towards your dads scan would likely have been enough to save the life for a few 100 children, so although you, for obvious reasons care more about your dads health, its still an idea to keep some prospective.

Virgin Mary
01-06-2007, 02:04 AM
British culture doesn't exist anymore, we have political correctness. Soon the monarchy, the NHS, left side driving, the pound, national holidays and beliefs will all be gone and we will just be mini-America.

DiscoPat
01-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I agree, we cant do much here and she isnt the only girl missing, ofcourse we shouldnt just not give a toss but people are going over the top.

Browney
01-06-2007, 09:24 AM

Unfortunately, People in this country seem to care more about material things like shops than foreigners lifes. Infact, we seem to just tut and say "Ooh, that's horrible" and pop off to work. Which is how it should be. It's not gonna stop us eating or sleeping I'm afraid.

It amazes me the coverage Maddie gets. It really does. At this very second I can't think why she gets all the coverage. Parents who can afford it? Press wanting a big campaign? Her parents are together and Maddie got snatched in a posh resort? Her family is white? It really amazes me.

Comments?

Well, I'm not even sure what Privitisation means so I'll leave that to you guys. :P

01-06-2007, 09:51 AM
Over the Maddy issue.

If your sister went missing wouldn't you want all this coverage as it increases the chances of finding her?, you would want it all.

Also Maragret Thatcher was the best Prime Minister we ever had, David Cameron is just Blair but younger.

Browney
01-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Over the Maddy issue.

If your sister went missing wouldn't you want all this coverage as it increases the chances of finding her?, you would want it all.

In the other thread I mentioned that all this press attention might scare the kidnapper into doing something drastic.

Hecktix
01-06-2007, 10:10 AM
][/B]

Also Maragret Thatcher was the best Prime Minister we ever had, David Cameron is just Blair but younger.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yeah Thatcher was ok, if you were ******* upper class.

01-06-2007, 10:12 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yeah Thatcher was ok, if you were ******* upper class.

err no.

She defeated the unions and they used to control the government.

GommeInc
01-06-2007, 10:56 AM
The Maddie campaign is bizarre. I doubt it would increase the chances of finding her more than it would a few less advertisements. I think it is because the papers/media have nothign better to report. Nothing major is happening at the moment for what I can think of at least. Don't get me wrong, but she is probably dead, and I find it slightly amusing how the parents sodded off to see the Pope leaving the two remaining children with other people, their relatives. Have they not learnt that it is their responsibility to look after their children more now? I am sure they can take them to see the Pope, or maybe they want to leave the blame to other people if the remaining children get stolen "/

Jamie!
01-06-2007, 11:17 AM
err no.

didn't she **** up all the industries etc n all, n make thousands unemployed?

sim
01-06-2007, 02:17 PM
British culture doesn't exist anymore, we have political correctness. Soon the monarchy, the NHS, left side driving, the pound, national holidays and beliefs will all be gone and we will just be mini-America.

Ha I lol'd at that because THERE IS BRITISH CULTURE and the British culture is the Political Correctness that has been made up.
To put it simply Political Correctness doesn't exist. To put it in VERY basic terms (meaning I know its not just black and white) its a bunch of racist people who feel they have the right to be racist, so then they make up stories and complain about how "were not allowed to say racist things" etc. its just esculated from nothing. Who in politics has ever said you can't sing Baa baa black sheep? no one! so political correctness is merely a myth.

Well, I'm not even sure what Privitisation means so I'll leave that to you guys. :P

Theres two sectors, the public sector and the private sector. The NHS is in the public centre because it is Nationalised, or 'run by the government' meaning everyone has access to it, whereas if it didn't exist and the NHS was privatised then we would have to pay companies for Health Care, which not everyone can afford.

Over the Maddy issue.

Yes but I think its the Medias fault for letting it happen, theres over news, theres a still a war going on. And as for Maggie. ha.

Agreed under Thatcher we had Highest UnEmployment rates, extremely high inflation and no milk for kids in schools. (she aboloshed it) just a few examples of why Blair, beats Thatcher by miles.

01-06-2007, 02:23 PM

Ok, let me explain why Britains industrial industy died.

Nations like America stopped buying from us because our prices were too high compared to nations like China and India.

You can say "Why didn't she lower the prices?", well that would mean to make a profit we'd have to pay the miners £50 a year because China and India pay their miners etc around that a year.

The industry was dieing, people can't see this because they are blinded by the "OMG THACTHER WAS CRAP AND EVIL" - Which is a load of rubbish.

If you were the USA, would you rather buy 50 blocks of coal for £10 off Britain or would you rather buy 50 blocks of coal from China for £2?

Ha I lol'd at that because THERE IS BRITISH CULTURE and the British culture is the Political Correctness that has been made up.
To put it simply Political Correctness doesn't exist. To put it in VERY basic terms (meaning I know its not just black and white) its a bunch of racist people who feel they have the right to be racist, so then they make up stories and complain about how "were not allowed to say racist things" etc. its just esculated from nothing. Who in politics has ever said you can't sing Baa baa black sheep? no one! so political correctness is merely a myth.

Theres two sectors, the public sector and the private sector. The NHS is in the public centre because it is Nationalised, or 'run by the government' meaning everyone has access to it, whereas if it didn't exist and the NHS was privatised then we would have to pay companies for Health Care, which not everyone can afford.

Yes but I think its the Medias fault for letting it happen, theres over news, theres a still a war going on. And as for Maggie. ha.

Agreed under Thatcher we had Highest UnEmployment rates, extremely high inflation and no milk for kids in schools. (she aboloshed it) just a few examples of why Blair, beats Thatcher by miles.

We had High Unemplyment rate due to the collapse of the Industrial Industry.

Also Thatcher took away kiddies milk, Blair killed thousands in Iraq - Who is worse?

Bef
01-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Over the Maddy issue.

Thatcher was evil. End of

01-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Thatcher was evil. End of

Explainm how she was evil?

sim
01-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Although the war was and is illegal, the partial outcome is not that bad.

01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Although the war was and is illegal, the partial outcome is not that bad.

Iraq nearly in a civil war, people being killed everyday and a terrorist heaven?

I don't think it could get any worse.

Bef
01-06-2007, 02:40 PM
She wanted the rich to be rich and the poor to be poor.

She refused to give people who NEEDED it dole money and she caused millions of people to be unemployed with no hope of a job (and no money to live on whilst they waited for someone who wasnt evil to come into power)

The rich got richer and the poor got poorer.
and come on, you have to be evil to take milk from little kids!
alot of those kids wer extremely poor and that milk did them a lot of good. Ther was no need to take it away. That was just an act of evil.

she destroyed british industry, public services, public housing and the whole concept of society

Half of my family back then worked in the mines so iv got personal reasons to dislike her as she put them all out of work.

No jobs, no money, no power, no dignity and no chance

If maggie had treated a person the way she treated britain then she would have been locked up

Edit: i cant carry on this debate as im off out but maggie was evil. End of.

01-06-2007, 02:45 PM
She wanted the rich to be rich and the poor to be poor.

She refused to give people who NEEDED it dole money and she caused millions of people to be unemployed with no hope of a job (and no money to live on whilst they waited for someone who wasnt evil to come into power)

The rich got richer and the poor got poorer.
and come on, you have to be evil to take milk from little kids!
alot of those kids wer extremely poor and that milk did them a lot of good. Ther was no need to take it away. That was just an act of evil.

she destroyed british industry, public services, public housing and the whole concept of society

Half of my family back then worked in the mines so iv got personal reasons to dislike her as she put them all out of work.

No jobs, no money, no power, no dignity and no chance

If maggie had treated a person the way she treated britain then she would have been locked up

Edit: i cant carry on this debate as im off out but maggie was evil. End of.

Among her first fights: a struggle against Britain's out-of-control trade unions, which had destroyed three governments in succession. Thatcher turned the nation's anti-union feeling into a handsome parliamentary majority and a mandate to restrict union privileges by a series of laws that effectively ended Britain's trade-union problem once and for all. "Who governs Britain?" she famously asked as unions struggled for power. By 1980, everyone knew the answer: Thatcher governs.

Below is what I wrote 1 page back about the mines etc.

"Ok, let me explain why Britains industrial industy died.

Nations like America stopped buying from us because our prices were too high compared to nations like China and India.

You can say "Why didn't she lower the prices?", well that would mean to make a profit we'd have to pay the miners £50 a year because China and India pay their miners etc around that a year.

The industry was dieing, people can't see this because they are blinded by the "OMG THACTHER WAS CRAP AND EVIL" - Which is a load of rubbish.

If you were the USA, would you rather buy 50 blocks of coal for £10 off Britain or would you rather buy 50 blocks of coal from China for £2?"

sim
01-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Bef is right about the gap between the rich and poor getting bigger. She could subsidise the coal 'farmers' instead of lowering the prices.

Thats what the fantastic thing we know today as the EU is all about. Farming subsidies (y)

Concentric2
01-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Bef is right about the gap between the rich and poor getting bigger. She could subsidise the coal 'farmers' instead of lowering the prices.

Thats what the fantastic thing we know today as the EU is all about. Farming subsidies (y)
Yeeeeeeaa, except we get **** all back in comparison to other EU countries like France relative to the amount we contribute. Margaret Thatcher fought back and got us the Rebate, so that we get part of the difference we loose out on back. Read up about it.

It's my view that assets of this nation should be spent first and foremost on our citizens, desite the difference in the magnitude of the problem. Even if we gave everything we had to "help" people in poorer countries we wouldn't be able to solve their problems.

I agree.

Way to much money gone into that little girl, police are doing everything they can to find her, whats buying a yellow ribbon going to do? :| Lots of normal kids go missing everyday and it doesn't even make the news....

Another thing is we send money out to all these country's that has homeless people and ill people or w.e but England has sick people too, my Dad had to wait well over 6 months to get his back scanned so they could see how bad it was, it was quit painful for him since nothing could be done until he got the scan. what I'm trying to say is that if England had more money and didn't give it to other country's it could build more hospitals and help the homeless here and help the poor family's here!

Charity starts at home I say

I agree even more.

Virgin Mary
01-06-2007, 04:04 PM
It's because people are made to feel like you're gonna be chucked behind bars if they dare say "christmas" instead of "winter holidays". Everyone knows if someone wants to satire Jesus Christ then they can, but if some Denmarks draw Mohammed it creates a worldwide protest against the entire west.

sim
01-06-2007, 04:48 PM
No because everybody knows if you do insult a religion you will get slated, and thats because TAKING THE MICKY OUT OF OTHER RELIGIONS IS WRONG. Whether that is political correctness or not. You know very well its fair.

01-06-2007, 05:17 PM

That would cost a lot and could harm econmey, maybe she did that but i'm not sure.

EU is a rip off aswell, we lose more than we again from the EU.

Mentor
01-06-2007, 05:38 PM
err no.

Yea, how horrible must that have been, the people driveing the countary actualy getting a say in how its run, next you'll telll me where in a democrosy...

Ok, let me explain why Britains industrial industy died.

Yea, its much better to spend the EU's money subsidesing french farmers, i mean why would we ever want to subserdies are own national industrys... Causing a depresssion, inflaction and mass unemploiment was a much better idea.

If you were the USA, would you rather buy 50 blocks of coal for £10 off Britain or would you rather buy 50 blocks of coal from China for £2?
Im not sure your aware of this, but importing and shipping costs money, to the US yes its cheeper to go china.. to the UK its still cheeper to use homgrown soruces, it also means the money isnt just flowing out of britain, but instead circulateing inside it, makeing the countary richer, as opposed to poorer. Thacher did a great job there...

We had High Unemplyment rate due to the collapse of the Industrial Industry.
Who collapsed the industrial sector... oh yea Thatcher...

01-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Yea, how horrible must that have been, the people driveing the countary actualy getting a say in how its run, next you'll telll me where in a democrosy...

Yea, its much better to spend the EU's money subsidesing french farmers, i mean why would we ever want to subserdies are own national industrys... Causing a depresssion, inflaction and mass unemploiment was a much better idea.

Im not sure your aware of this, but importing and shipping costs money, to the US yes its cheeper to go china.. to the UK its still cheeper to use homgrown soruces, it also means the money isnt just flowing out of britain, but instead circulateing inside it, makeing the countary richer, as opposed to poorer. Thacher did a great job there...

Who collapsed the industrial sector... oh yea Thatcher...

It's cheaper to use China and India, you can't keep a dying industry alive.

The industrial sector collapsed due to Foreign countrys producing more and cheaper coal.

Also we elect Governments to run the country, not unions.

Virgin Mary
01-06-2007, 05:53 PM
No because everybody knows if you do insult a religion you will get slated, and thats because TAKING THE MICKY OUT OF OTHER RELIGIONS IS WRONG. Whether that is political correctness or not. You know very well its fair.
I know it's fair, but everyone knows that racism towards western culture is never taken seriously because it isn't even considered to exist.

OMGitsaROSS
01-06-2007, 05:54 PM
is identical to muslim culture, or eastern european, or pakistani, or indian or chinese, or jamaican.

We have no culture "/

Dan2nd
01-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I don't know why but I'm very proud to be British and the way I live my life. I don't feel any of the things mentioned are really effecting my life majorly so i don't really care.

Regarding that maddie thing there was that boy who went missing but turned up 10 years later so who knows she may still be alive but I think shes most likely dead.

I have changed my opinion on the parents.... When you go to bed do you check under your bed for intruders? if your answers no does that mean if a pshyco was hiding there and came out when you were sleeping and stabbed you all the blame should be shifted to you for not checking ? I mean the parents were stupid for leaving her on her own but they obviously thought it was the right thing to do at the time so who are we to judge? All that really matters is the safe return of their daughter. If I ever get kidnaped I'd like to think my parents would try to find me no matter what thats including media attention ;l

sim
02-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't know why but I'm very proud to be British and the way I live my life. I don't feel any of the things mentioned are really effecting my life majorly so i don't really care.

Regarding that maddie thing there was that boy who went missing but turned up 10 years later so who knows she may still be alive but I think shes most likely dead.

I have changed my opinion on the parents.... When you go to bed do you check under your bed for intruders? if your answers no does that mean if a pshyco was hiding there and came out when you were sleeping and stabbed you all the blame should be shifted to you for not checking ? I mean the parents were stupid for leaving her on her own but they obviously thought it was the right thing to do at the time so who are we to judge? All that really matters is the safe return of their daughter. If I ever get kidnaped I'd like to think my parents would try to find me no matter what thats including media attention ;l

But my point is, its one child.

Scenario:
Two people dying, one is your mother and the other is the only person who knows the cure for cancer, which one do you save?

Yum999
02-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Two people dying, one is your mother and the other is the only person who knows the cure for cancer, which one do you save?

This isn't hard. You get the guy who knows how to cure cancer, get him to write it down and then send him to his horrible death. Problem solved.

Regarding Thatcher, whether she was good or bad really depends on what situation you were in at the time. If you were living in the Falklands, you might worship her.

The NHS is a brilliant service, but they have to find someway of getting debt down, or they'll just disappear into thin air.

Finally, the EU. We should of been given a referendum, like the French and the Dutch. Unfortunately, Labour shelved this after they won the '05 election. We can only hope for a UKIP government :)

sim
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
UKIP would possibly be the worst possible government after a BNP one, infact I think the parties are very similar. And you have obviously fallen into the trap of believeing that the UK is amazing and the best place in the world, and all others should bow down to its superiority. Im "White British" although I prefer the term "White European", we should unify europe, not split it up, and not become detatched from the great thing that is the EU.

Luckyrare
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
The Madeline publisity is nothing to do with money, other cases of missing children/girls has always hyped as much media.

People talking about the US health care, our health care beats them hands down. Regarding rich/poor devide, if you havent noticed the people who earn money get taxed much more, so they should be able to get better heath care. People milk the system while hard working folk pay for them to have 6 children while they have a 2 bedroom house.

I dont think rich people should be better care but there again i dont think we should have different income taxes, then it would get some peoples ***** of their sofas to do some work and not expect money for doing jack.

03-06-2007, 03:01 PM
UKIP would possibly be the worst possible government after a BNP one, infact I think the parties are very similar. And you have obviously fallen into the trap of believeing that the UK is amazing and the best place in the world, and all others should bow down to its superiority. Im "White British" although I prefer the term "White European", we should unify europe, not split it up, and not become detatched from the great thing that is the EU.

How is the EU great?, we lose out on it and we're pushed around by countrys like France.

It diverts power from westminister to brussles so we're not in control of our own country.

EU is a rip off and if I got into power i'd leave instantly.

Virgin Mary
03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Well Germany wants the EU to be one big super nation, instead of separate countries in the same continent. Obviously doing such would make it the most powerful nation in the world which is why they want to do it I guess.

Dan2nd
03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Well Germany wants the EU to be one big super nation, instead of separate countries in the same continent. Obviously doing such would make it the most powerful nation in the world which is why they want to do it I guess.

The USE - United States of Europe

I'd hate that :(

Yum999
03-06-2007, 07:54 PM

It'd be a mess. Different languages and systems etc.

I can't see the UK ever going in for something like that, we're not even prepared to take up the Euro.

03-06-2007, 08:08 PM

USA and China would still remain more powerful, I think Britain has the most Nuclear Warheads in europe.

We have 180

Virgin Mary
03-06-2007, 11:04 PM
USA and China would still remain more powerful, I think Britain has the most Nuclear Warheads in europe.

We have 180
You're saying that the USA and China would be more powerful than all of Europe? :eusa_eh:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!