PDA

View Full Version : Russia threatens cold war against europe.

Decapitated!
04-06-2007, 07:28 PM
:$ pathetic loser.

http://news.aol.co.uk/russia-threatens-new-cold-war/article/20070604034309990003

why dont the US friggin build these things in there own land and stop trying to kill us all

Russia's president Vladimir Putin has warned that US plans to build a missile defence system in eastern Europe would force Moscow to target its weapons against sites in the west.
The threat, voiced in an interview with Italy's Corriere della Sera and other foreign media, marked one of Putin's most strident statements to date against the US plans and came just days before he is to join other leaders at a Group of Eight summit in Germany.
In the interview, Putin was asked whether the US move build a missile defence shield in eastern Europe would compel Moscow to direct its own missiles at locations and US military sites in western Europe, as during the Cold War.

"Naturally, yes," Putin said, according to Corriere. "If the American nuclear potential grows in European territory, we have to give ourselves new targets in Europe.
"It is up to our military to define these targets, in addition to defining the choice between ballistic and cruise missiles. But this is just a technical aspect."
It was unclear what Putin was referring to when talking about new targets in Europe. Russia has not overtly targeted Europe since signing a series of agreements with the US and European nations in the 1990s on not directing its missiles against specific countries, according to Pavel Felgenhauer, an independent military analyst based in Moscow.
"If the American nuclear potential grows in European territory, we have to give ourselves new targets in Europe" - Vladimir Putin

He added, however, that that was simply a technical matter, since a missile can be given a target within minutes.
news headlines

PM calls for 'true voice of Islam' (http://news.aol.co.uk/pm-calls-for-true-voice-of/article/20070603233809990001)
Kate police find body in woods (http://news.aol.co.uk/kate-police-find-body-in-woods/article/20070603233809990004)
Cancer patients hail drug ruling (http://news.aol.co.uk/cancer-patients-hail-drug-ruling/article/20070603212809990005)
Man and children die in house fire (http://news.aol.co.uk/man-and-children-die-in-house/article/20070604022609990010)
UK extradition bid foolish - Putin (http://news.aol.co.uk/uk-extradition-bid-foolish-putin/article/20070604072409990003)
Hospitals face superbug crackdown (http://news.aol.co.uk/hospitals-face-superbug-crackdown/article/20070603212809990006)
Madeleine appeal on Crimewatch TV (http://news.aol.co.uk/madeleine-appeal-on-crimewatch-tv/article/20070604101009990009)
Conductor jailed for groping youths (http://news.aol.co.uk/conductor-jailed-for-groping-youths/article/20070604111109990009)
Father sectioned after girl injured (http://news.aol.co.uk/father-sectioned-after-girl-injured/article/20070604055009990001)
Crews battle chemical factory blaze (http://news.aol.co.uk/crews-battle-chemical-factory-blaze/article/20070604090909990002)Previously, some Russian military officials have said Moscow could aim Russian weapons at Europe-based missile systems.
The US made a formal request in January to place a radar base in a military area south-west of Prague, Czech Republic, and 10 interceptor missiles in neighbouring Poland as part of plans for a missile defence shield that Washington says would protect against a potential threat from Iran.
The plans have brought a strong reaction from Russia, which accuses the US of threatening Russian territory and of trying to start a new arms race.
The G8 summit from Wednesday to Friday at the Baltic Sea resort of Heiligendamm will bring together leaders of the US, Britain, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, and Japan.

Lol picture of this loser.

http://cdn.digitalcity.com/aoluk_articles/0a/03/20070604034309990003.4663c809-000ed-05655-400cb8e1 he looks like the guy out of jamers bond. *cough* FISHHYY LIPS. *Cough*

Ashhizzle
04-06-2007, 07:33 PM
YAYYYYY another war :)

-:Undertaker:-
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
President Putin is a soviet as he worked for the old KGB and has been introducing many soviet style reforms in Russia.

The US are right to build missle defence systems in Europe because what if the Cold War happens again?, These missles coudl protect millions of lives.

Russia are starting to take a more soviet stance these days, they cut off the Gas to one country a few months ago.

Concentric2
04-06-2007, 07:38 PM
I think you're (well, the media is) blowing this a bit out of proportion - it's perfectly reasonable for the Russians to say that they arn't happy with another superpower building missile facilities nearby. That's not the same as saying there's going to be another Cold War.

indian8132
04-06-2007, 07:39 PM
But I thought Europe and Russia were friends? I also thought when Clinton was president they were friends, Boris Yeltsin and Bill Clinton :S

Is America building it for Europe or just on our landfor Americas protection? Russia will attack Europe, I think we will lose

Jamesy
04-06-2007, 08:18 PM
america is building it in eastern europe, near russias borders, because of the threats from Iran and North Korea.

Putal
04-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Wonder what country they'd nuke first :P

Jamesy
04-06-2007, 08:30 PM
i was reading about what happens when you get nuked

Nearest the blast you are vaporised

Further out you are blinded then burned to a crisp

Further than that, You are blinded and suffer 3rd degree burns over most of your body. You die painfully

Even further you are blinded, and blasted by the shockwave while you are alive

Furthest out you have the nuclear fall out and die very slowly indeed.

04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
The point is, Russia doesn't control or own these countrys which want the US to build defence systems to protect Europe and the United States.

It's got NOTHING to do with Russia., they don't own them countrys.

Jamesy
04-06-2007, 08:38 PM
they used to...

Joemaphobe
04-06-2007, 09:57 PM
they used to...

exactly.
we used to own loads of countries.
but we don't go and threaten to start another war when they do something..

DiscoPat
05-06-2007, 12:01 AM
screw this its just gay wrong

Carlos
05-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Russia is one of Englands oldest allies. Don't forget that.

Carlos
05-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Virgin Mary
05-06-2007, 12:18 AM
It's because they feel threatened. Why does the US want to build them around eastern Europe anyway? They moan about Iraq and stuff having nukes, but it's perfectly okay for them to build their own all over the world :rolleyes:

Mentor
05-06-2007, 01:38 AM
This is why we should keep Trident, cold wars instead of nuclear holocoasts.

Although attacking eurpoe probabaly again a good idea, becuse of its economic power alown it could probabaly eat away russias econemy with just a few trade sanactions..
Plus if its attacking US sites, its declearing war on them as well, which means bye bye any trade pretty much, which results in a pretty ****** russa.

Id say its just mindless threats rather than any real policy.

05-06-2007, 03:48 PM

I don't think so, we nearly went into Nuclear War with them in 60's - 80's and we didn't like their evil Soviet Empire, we've only been 'friends' with them for around 15 or so years, also over the past year our relationship with Russia has got worse.

The US want to build a defence system to protect them and Europe, why should they build it? - To possibly save millions of lives when one day, the threat of a Nuclear War could become a reality.

lScottl
06-06-2007, 07:57 PM
I doubt Russia will fire missiles, if they do they will be hit just as badly. If they do we wont know much about it anyway, and theres quite a distance to the UK (scotland).

My opinion: its just a threat :)

Jamesy
06-06-2007, 08:26 PM
MAD - Mutally Assured Destruction. By the time there missiles have gotten to the north Sea ours will alredi be on their way.

Blue
06-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Its only really a matter of time before the first nuclear bomb is fired, then the first shot has been fired and everyone else will get involved, so then we really would be ****ed

mat64
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Its only really a matter of time before the first nuclear bomb is fired, then the first shot has been fired and everyone else will get involved, so then we really would be ****ed

Like this; http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/end.php

burton-x
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
It's scary stuff all of this putin business...

CrazyColaist
10-06-2007, 12:06 AM
cant George bush bloody let us sort it out were not babies were a very strong contary and we want to sort out things ourselves

Like with iraq and iran instead of using humans why dont they sort it out for them thereselves USA Thinks that there big and cool well they just make the world worst tbh.

lScottl
10-06-2007, 10:23 AM
cant George bush bloody let us sort it out were not babies were a very strong contary and we want to sort out things ourselves

Like with iraq and iran instead of using humans why dont they sort it out for them thereselves USA Thinks that there big and cool well they just make the world worst tbh.

Russia said thhem and the US could share a old soviet defence shield, protecting Europe and the US, therefore Russia not firing Nuke's at us. Yet Bush wants talks about it, I mean cmon Bush, isnt that what you want?

10-06-2007, 10:39 AM

Actually we're weak, we're not listened to in Europe and the only strong thing about Britain is Trident.

The US is our protector, be thankful because if we ever need any help, the United States will be there.

Russia said thhem and the US could share a old soviet defence shield, protecting Europe and the US, therefore Russia not firing Nuke's at us. Yet Bush wants talks about it, I mean cmon Bush, isnt that what you want?

Putin's offer is absolute rubbish, it's got nothing to do with him, he's forgetting that Russia no longer owns all the easten european countrys and they have the right to make their own decisions.

I wouldn't want to make a Defence System with someone who has threatend to point their Nuclear Missles at us, would you?

Nixt
10-06-2007, 12:49 PM
they used to...

That has absolutely no affect on the current situation. They didn't really 'own' the countries anyway, they just controlled them by intimidating them with the Red Army or fixing elections.

Technically Russia and America are also allies, but that doesn't mean there isn't a huge amount of rivalry and suspicion between the two - just as it was between Stalin and Truman in 1945 onwards.

lScottl
10-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Actually we're weak, we're not listened to in Europe and the only strong thing about Britain is Trident.

The US is our protector, be thankful because if we ever need any help, the United States will be there.

Putin's offer is absolute rubbish, it's got nothing to do with him, he's forgetting that Russia no longer owns all the easten european countrys and they have the right to make their own decisions.

I wouldn't want to make a Defence System with someone who has threatend to point their Nuclear Missles at us, would you?

yes if they were planning to kill us all, I dont wanna die.

Jamesy
10-06-2007, 08:27 PM
That has absolutely no affect on the current situation. They didn't really 'own' the countries anyway, they just controlled them by intimidating them with the Red Army or fixing elections.

Technically Russia and America are also allies, but that doesn't mean there isn't a huge amount of rivalry and suspicion between the two - just as it was between Stalin and Truman in 1945 onwards.

of course it has an effect. If they used to own the countries then maybe they still feel partly in ownership now? a lot of people in them countires class themselves as russian anyway. its like eurovision, except we could all die :)

:Jamie
11-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Empty threats i reckon

Hecktix
11-06-2007, 09:55 AM
It is quite worrying.

Especially since we are Western Europe :l
We would also be a target as really Russia would be retaliating to get back at America, and the amount of Americans living here; the amount of American artillery here and the strong relationship between us and America puts us at risk.

Vause
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
It's scary ):

Nixt
11-06-2007, 05:15 PM
of course it has an effect. If they used to own the countries then maybe they still feel partly in ownership now? a lot of people in them countires class themselves as russian anyway. its like eurovision, except we could all die :)

No it doesn't have an effect. If anything many countries in Eastern Europe (not necessarily those that used to be part of the Soviet Union, but some of them certainly) will despise Russia as the former Soviet Union imposed their political beliefs upon them, controlled them and restricted them to a point where most of Eastern Europe was growing hugely restless.

Hecktix
11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
the only reason russia would attack Western Europe is because of us I think..

Why attack the USA and put a scratch on their skin when you can abolish their quite powerful ally?

Nixt
11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
the only reason russia would attack Western Europe is because of us I think..

Why attack the USA and put a scratch on their skin when you can abolish their quite powerful ally?

If Russia launches a nuclear weapon and it hits any country that is at least neutral toward the US, and America will respond with it's own weapons. If they hit us, America's strongest and closest ally, they wouldn't hesitate at all in taking out Russia.

Jamesy
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
americans are trigger happy anyway... bush probably sits there caressing the big red button

DiscoPat
12-06-2007, 09:14 AM
no offence but i hate the US government

burton-x
12-06-2007, 09:23 AM
its not as simple as "taking out russia"
Russia is big with a huge army.
We're doing crap in Iraq and Afganistan and they arn't evan military trained...
let alone one of the oldest war machines with nukes and lots of scary history.
Russia creeps me out big time.

Nixt
12-06-2007, 10:24 AM
its not as simple as "taking out russia"
Russia is big with a huge army.
We're doing crap in Iraq and Afganistan and they arn't evan military trained...
let alone one of the oldest war machines with nukes and lots of scary history.
Russia creeps me out big time.

If we did enter a nuclear war, ground troops would have very little (if any) involvement. America, if they so wished, could 'take out' the whole world but obviously they can't just start launching nuclear missiles everywhere.

HotelUser
12-06-2007, 10:49 AM
The only reason Russia is complaining is so they can get something out of it. They meet on the wekand and the USA offers them a few million dollars. Nothing bad will happen.

Minstrels
16-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Tbh if it's at this stage now if I was a Prime Minister or President I would nuke the f****** now. Stop Russia from sending out there bombs woudn't it?

lScottl
16-06-2007, 08:24 AM
Tbh if it's at this stage now if I was a Prime Minister or President I would nuke the f****** now. Stop Russia from sending out there bombs woudn't it?

Once someone fires a nuke, the world joins in. If the UK fired one at Russia, North Korea would fire one at us.

Jamesy
16-06-2007, 08:30 AM

you've lost my vote now.

CrazyColaist
16-06-2007, 08:59 AM
1 word

LOL

russia and i we love each other i think :)

lScottl
16-06-2007, 05:13 PM
1 word

LOL

russia and i we love each other i think :)

No, Russia, North Korea and China have there Nukes pointing at us.

Minstrels
16-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Once someone fires a nuke, the world joins in. If the UK fired one at Russia, North Korea would fire one at us.

Then America aim at North Korea whilst we all die a very painful death ;)

16-06-2007, 06:06 PM

Russia would just send theirs before ours hit the Russian Ground, so about 30 minutes later we'd be toast.

North Korea hasn't got the missles yet to fire them at any country further than South Korea :)

They do have a few Warheads though.

lScottl
16-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Russia would just send theirs before ours hit the Russian Ground, so about 30 minutes later we'd be toast.

North Korea hasn't got the missles yet to fire them at any country further than South Korea :)

They do have a few Warheads though.

You dont know what your talking about, North Korea has the most nuclear weapons in the world.

16-06-2007, 06:09 PM
You dont know what your talking about, North Korea has the most nuclear weapons in the world.

Sorry but it doesn't, Russia and USA have most (thousands) and we have around 180, North Korea has only few warheads and no long range missles to launch them :)

Also http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4528011.stm

Jamesy
16-06-2007, 06:10 PM
yh, undertakers right, north korea tested a nuclear warhead, but it is beleived to be very small compared to ours

lScottl
16-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Sorry but it doesn't, Russia and USA have most (thousands) and we have around 180, North Korea has only few warheads and no long range missles to launch them :)

Also http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4528011.stm

Then why is everyone scared of NK? And I doubt its thousands, hundreds maybe.

Wig44.
16-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Empty threat. If they went to war against us we would get the USA and goodbye russia.

Simply because if you put tony blair and george washington in the same room, george comes out with a clean butt and tony comes out with a brown tongue.

Jamesy
16-06-2007, 07:59 PM
loool. i giggled XD

16-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Thousands, Believe me.

Although the USA and Russia have signed something which says they have to destroy something around the figure of 1,000 Nuclear Warheads every year.

People are scared of North Korea because they think that when it finally develops Long Range Missles and powerful bomb, then it will be able to target the west, and imagine if it hit New York?

It isn't a threat yet though and North Korea is expected to collapse within a few months or years.

ViRgIn
16-06-2007, 09:29 PM
:O! I hope it does not go ahead

vogue
16-06-2007, 09:30 PM
That's terrible. :O

Why can't everyone be happy? :'(

ViRgIn
16-06-2007, 09:31 PM
That's terrible. :O

Why can't everyone be happy? :'(
I agree with you Trash

vogue
16-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree with you Trash

Thank you very much JoSePh! I value your opinion.
It would be better if everyone had swords and horses, no nuclear rubbish.

Minstrels
17-06-2007, 09:40 AM
But then people would just advance in technology again and make nuclear horses ;)

HotelUser
18-06-2007, 10:33 AM

All NK has to do is snap their fingers and they get money from other countries.

Well I'm in Canada so if anyone does anything to us our friend the United States will help ;)

But this Russia thing really isn't anything.

18-06-2007, 03:56 PM
All NK has to do is snap their fingers and they get money from other countries.

Well I'm in Canada so if anyone does anything to us our friend the United States will help ;)

But this Russia thing really isn't anything.

North Korea are on their own and even China are distanceing themselves from North Korea, North Korea, even with lots of Money simply don't have the technogly and knowledge to build a good Nuclear Missle yet :)

I also doubt North Korea will ever become a threat as the country is very close to collapse.

burton-x
18-06-2007, 06:45 PM
tony blair and george washington in the same room
George Bush right?
hehe
I think russia is kreepy, and I don't think america or UK could obliterate them, but they wouldn't win the war certainly. x

HotelUser
19-06-2007, 12:47 AM
North Korea are on their own and even China are distanceing themselves from North Korea, North Korea, even with lots of Money simply don't have the technogly and knowledge to build a good Nuclear Missle yet :)

I also doubt North Korea will ever become a threat as the country is very close to collapse.

Well it's about time China is getting out of this. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is certain locations in North Korea where people could manufactur some sort of nuclear weapon, perhaps nothing like the United States nor England, but I do believe they have Nuclear weapons to a certain extent.

19-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Well it's about time China is getting out of this. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there is certain locations in North Korea where people could manufactur some sort of nuclear weapon, perhaps nothing like the United States nor England, but I do believe they have Nuclear weapons to a certain extent.

As far as I know, they possess the Warheads which aren't powerful but they don't possess the missles to carry them.

They can only use them against themselves or South Korea.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!