PDA

View Full Version : How They Do Levels

Phlyer
05-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Everyone is saying its from your score, Which is totally un-true. What they do is they get all the percentages from every canidate. From that are allowed to pass so many as 8's so they work out the top i.e. 5000 scores and give them level 8's then they work down. It all depends on how every one across the country does. One year you may need 90% to get a level 8 and the other you may need 70%. It is not decided untill ever paper has been marked.

Thankyou

MYKE!
05-05-2005, 03:32 PM
It all depend what tiers you do, but my teachers allway told me that its a certain score for a certain level all depending on what tiers you do.

Phlyer
05-05-2005, 03:51 PM
This is partly true, However the percentage needed for that level changes depending on how every1 does. If every1 does well, then the percentage needed to get a higher level will rise. If every1 does poorly then the percentage needed will lower

Steph
05-05-2005, 04:17 PM
No, I'm sure it's what mark you get. In total the maths papers are out of 150 all together. I know you need summit like 84 for a level seven, and I think 105 or summit like that for level 8, if you do take 6-8. Not entirely sure though

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!