PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Solved: Mars had large oceans

-Creative-
14-06-2007, 01:51 PM
I found this article.. very interesting if you like science.. imagine if we can live in mars :o

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20070613/sc_space/mysterysolvedmarshadlargeoceans

Zample
14-06-2007, 04:55 PM
God. Next they'll probably uncover past life on Mars, and then before you know it, in two billion years, Earth will be the next 'Mars' and some other planet will be trying to uncover our mass of dead rock. o_o'

shokz
14-06-2007, 06:00 PM
God. Next they'll probably uncover past life on Mars, and then before you know it, in two billion years, Earth will be the next 'Mars' and some other planet will be trying to uncover our mass of dead rock. o_o'
cool .

MattyBoy
14-06-2007, 06:07 PM
This intresting find out will change peoples opinions forever... so the mystery has been solved, but was there any life.

Zample
14-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I can bet you there probably was life. Actually, there are probbaly multiple plants scattered througout our solar system that are just like Mars and were just like Earth. I bet that Mars is the future of our Earth. But I don't think we will ever have people living on Mars at this point..

Mars has already entered the dead past that is Earths future, and I think that it tends to be completely uninhabitable at this point.

xD That's my opinion though =]

Dan2nd
14-06-2007, 07:51 PM
thats cool I always knew there was more to mars than being a giant dust ball :)

GommeInc
14-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Looking at a photo of Mars, it is kinda obvious in a way that there were large oceans. The way parts of it are lighter and darker looks slightly oceanic. But they could of been hills and mountains. It;s just one thing only a handfull of people really know.

Fonejacker
14-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Looking at a photo of Mars, it is kinda obvious in a way that there were large oceans. The way parts of it are lighter and darker looks slightly oceanic. But they could of been hills and mountains. It;s just one thing only a handfull of people really know.
But this has been know for ages They found ripples in the sand from water and stuff so i supose it's just confirming it? and where did the water go? cause i have never known

GommeInc
14-06-2007, 10:45 PM
But this has been know for ages They found ripples in the sand from water and stuff so i supose it's just confirming it? and where did the water go? cause i have never known
I think the article said something about it going underground?

FlyingJesus
14-06-2007, 11:25 PM
If there's water, there's likely to have been life. I doubt humans or anything like that, but life of some sort.

edit: or perhaps it's true - men are from Mars :P

GommeInc
15-06-2007, 12:32 AM
If there's water, there's likely to have been life. I doubt humans or anything like that, but life of some sort.

edit: or perhaps it's true - men are from Mars :P
And women are from Venus? Hmmmm, I can't think of anything witty and feminist to add to that. Oh well.

Blinger1
15-06-2007, 12:34 AM
to get a bigger penis hahahahaha (not funny)...

and if mars HAD water then we will be in the same crisis, water shortage..?

Virgin Mary
15-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Why does it matter? They should focus on our planet rather than what happened to other planets.

-Creative-
16-06-2007, 04:37 AM
i think they're thinking of other possible planets that we can live on

Zample
16-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I just wish they'd pay more attention to our planet as they do to Mars.. :/ We could be getting so much more done, eh?

Jamesy
16-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Why does it matter? They should focus on our planet rather than what happened to other planets.

People are focusing on life at home, But differnt scientists study differnt things. Imagine in the future our planet is dying or wotever and we need to find out ways to keep going. If we hadnt studied other worlds then we would be stuffed.

Space exploration is very important, it could find new worlds and life, new energy, new elements and understanding where our planet may be heading in the future. If mars' oceans dried up, whos to say that may not happen to us?

Shawnstra
17-06-2007, 06:41 AM
This is a scientific breakthrough actually. Let's hope that somehow an atmosphere builds up and we can all go there on vacation :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!