PDA

View Full Version : The United Kingdoms Relationships

-:Undertaker:-
16-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Many say we shouldn't be close to America and more close to Europe, I think people are only saying this because of the present idiotic Administration.

We are better off with America than Europe I believe, what do you think?

Yum999
18-06-2007, 01:01 AM
I know your really Pro-USA, but really we don't need them and they definately don't need us. It's a case of us being too old fashioned to accept change.

I'm not saying go to war with America, I'm just saying that we don't need to be so close to them. We need to regain a level of independance.

Mentor
18-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Well eurpoe for a number of reasons, firstly that where part of it and hold a key position within it, Secondly eurpoe is are geographic neigbores, as opposed to being the other side of the planet.
Personaly i belive diplomatic realtionships with all international entitys is important, but eurpoe share more of are interests than any of the other bodys listed on the poll do "/
Granted i do have an issue with how eurpoe currenly operates, but equaly, america has bush in charge, chinas communist.. and asia's not even a countary / single entity? its an entire continat made up of a great number of them o.0

alexxxxx
18-06-2007, 07:11 AM
Europeans are our closest neighbours, and we should do EVEN MORE to increase our relationship with the European Union and become more involved with european affairs. I personally think we should adopt the euro and then trade between countries would be so easy. My mum said it would make her job alot easier, so I guess it would help others too.

HotelUser
18-06-2007, 10:37 AM
;3617330']Europeans are our closest neighbours, and we should do EVEN MORE to increase our relationship with the European Union and become more involved with european affairs. I personally think we should adopt the euro and then trade between countries would be so easy. My mum said it would make her job alot easier, so I guess it would help others too.

OO don't change to the euro! Then I'd have to do work to change to the euro :(

Go with the states, they're big and resourceful.

Frodo13.
18-06-2007, 12:25 PM
On the basis of trade reasons...Europe.

Hecktix
18-06-2007, 12:54 PM
We should put Europe before America.
America is becoming a dictatorship.
Bush can still pass any law he wants in the USA right now, even though the Senate is controlled by Democrats, due to a certain amendment he made.

Bush is unconstitutional, ditch him.

alexxxxx
18-06-2007, 03:35 PM

and europe isn't?

18-06-2007, 03:52 PM
;3617330']Europeans are our closest neighbours, and we should do EVEN MORE to increase our relationship with the European Union and become more involved with european affairs. I personally think we should adopt the euro and then trade between countries would be so easy. My mum said it would make her job alot easier, so I guess it would help others too.

Euro is weaker and that would mean other countrys stability could affect the Euro's tarding power which means all of Europe could lose lots of money due to something like a terrorist attack in Spain.

We also lose more than we gain, economically and we're pushed around in Europe.

I would leave Europe tommorow, you don't have to be in the Union to Trade with them :)

OO don't change to the euro! Then I'd have to do work to change to the euro :(

I agree, they have more money, more influence and are more faithful to us than Europe.

On the basis of trade reasons...Europe.

We can still Trade with them, whether we're in the Union or not.

We should put Europe before America.
America is becoming a dictatorship.
Bush can still pass any law he wants in the USA right now, even though the Senate is controlled by Democrats, due to a certain amendment he made.

Bush is unconstitutional, ditch him.

I believe he can't, he has less power now due to the Democrats increased control, also they are free elections and if Bush has more power then fair play, he and the Republicans got the votes.

I know your really Pro-USA, but really we don't need them and they definately don't need us. It's a case of us being too old fashioned to accept change.

I'm not saying go to war with America, I'm just saying that we don't need to be so close to them. We need to regain a level of independance.

I'm pro-american but certainly not pro-bush :P

We do need them, in influence and wealth, we're better with America than Europe, Bush will be gone in a few years and hopefully we'll have a Prime Minister like Thatcher who will remain close to America but will but their foot down over things like Iraq.

We have independance, but sadly Tony Blair has given lots of it away to Brussles.

America don't make us change our laws, Europe do.

Well eurpoe for a number of reasons, firstly that where part of it and hold a key position within it, Secondly eurpoe is are geographic neigbores, as opposed to being the other side of the planet.
Personaly i belive diplomatic realtionships with all international entitys is important, but eurpoe share more of are interests than any of the other bodys listed on the poll do "/
Granted i do have an issue with how eurpoe currenly operates, but equaly, america has bush in charge, chinas communist.. and asia's not even a countary / single entity? its an entire continat made up of a great number of them o.0

Bush shall be gone in a few years and we should have a friendly equal relationship with the States again, we lose more with the EU than the US

;3618277']and europe isn't?

Europe practically bully us and push us around, I know Blair is pushed around by Bush but as ive said, they will be gone soon but countrys won't be gone, presidents will.

DiscoPat
18-06-2007, 04:12 PM
I believe that we should be with more or less everyone, by this I mean having a good relationship for example, China because of all the goods they make, Russia because of the power etc, middle east because of petrol, USA because of the super power, EU because of all the countries in side and stuff.. But more on the EU as its like a union we are in n stuff

alexxxxx
18-06-2007, 06:57 PM
European Union is not some kind of body that sits there, controlled by evil people. WE VOTE THEM IN, WE HAVE (some) CONTROL. You've got to think that people all over europe have similar feelings as you to giving 'power over to brussels' but seriously, they can't do anything very radical. And the union promotes tourism, and free trade.

18-06-2007, 08:07 PM
;3619584']European Union is not some kind of body that sits there, controlled by evil people. WE VOTE THEM IN, WE HAVE (some) CONTROL. You've got to think that people all over europe have similar feelings as you to giving 'power over to brussels' but seriously, they can't do anything very radical. And the union promotes tourism, and free trade.

No they are not evil, but they are..

- Ripping us off.
- Taking our power.
- Treating us like dirt.

Lycan
18-06-2007, 08:12 PM
The Uks Offical policy is close to all nations on Earth.

In actual, we are close to both Europe and North America (This is both the US and Cananda)

Be easyier to say we are very close with all of the CommonWealth.

Bomb-Head
18-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I voted America but my next choice would be Russia.. but as DiscoPat said, we would be better of if we were closer to everyone.

Nightrose
18-06-2007, 11:13 PM
well the uk has always been close to the United States, Its that we are even closer to Canada as we share Queens etc, its more the point that europe doenst wnat to be allies with us, they seem to enjoy being friends with the neighbours etc.

It not the point taht we dont want to be allies, they just dont seem to like us

alexxxxx
19-06-2007, 07:01 PM
No they are not evil, but they are..

- Ripping us off.
i believe we still have a european union rebate, which many countries do not have, giving us cash back. also, many projects around the UK that may not have been funded by the givernment are part-funded by the EU. (the new nottingham square for example).
- Taking our power.
again, they are not really taking any 'bad' power. has the EU really done anything THAT bad? and we get european union presidencies as much as anybody else, and have a proportional amount of seats.
- Treating us like dirt.
well, yeah. i get the feeling they don't trust us haha.

xxMATTGxx
19-06-2007, 07:14 PM
USA: For a number of reasons, They protect us from any silly country trying to attack Europe like Russia etc. They also made good things like Boeing Aircraft, Apple Computers and Microsoft.

Europe: We also need Europe as we in the European Union but i think we should stick to the pound coin.

alexxxxx
19-06-2007, 07:50 PM
USA: For a number of reasons, They protect us from any silly country trying to attack Europe like Russia etc. They also made good things like Boeing Aircraft, Apple Computers and Microsoft.

Europe: We also need Europe as we in the European Union but i think we should stick to the pound coin.

Russia isn't an enemy. It isn't the cold war. And countries still trade with countries that aren't 'allied.' Companies want cash, consumers with cash want goods. Therefore we get trade.

xxMATTGxx
19-06-2007, 07:56 PM
;3623575']Russia isn't an enemy. It isn't the cold war. And countries still trade with countries that aren't 'allied.' Companies want cash, consumers with cash want goods. Therefore we get trade.

I said Russia for an example if they going to send missiles to Europe, which I highly doubt but there's Korea :P

alexxxxx
19-06-2007, 07:59 PM
I said Russia for an example if they going to send missiles to Europe, which I highly doubt but there's Korea :P

yeah, but korea wouldn't dare. south korea, china would be all over them in about 6 hours haha. britain would come, usa would come, japan would come. and then they'd get slaughtered.

in my opinion, the biggest threat to us is the fawkland islands, and i doubt argentina would try it again.

Dan2nd
19-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't like the idea of the EU becomeing one super state ..

xxMATTGxx
20-06-2007, 04:49 AM
;3623650']yeah, but korea wouldn't dare. south korea, china would be all over them in about 6 hours haha. britain would come, usa would come, japan would come. and then they'd get slaughtered.

in my opinion, the biggest threat to us is the fawkland islands, and i doubt argentina would try it again.

They be mad if they do try again. We just send out new Typhoons and a few submarines , Boats maybe a few tanks etc be over in days :P

alexxxxx
20-06-2007, 07:23 AM

Why not? I don't understand, the EU would be a nation to be proud of. haha. And I don't understand why America is winning atm? You have to understand, the USA doesn't give two craps about us, they're using us to gain support from other countries. All this trade crap is useless, I don't believe we have a free trade agreement with the USA, but we do with the EU. We are even IN the EU. We're slowly loosing out, we need to pick a side, and we need to pick europe. People seem to still think the UK is a powerful nation, it is not.

Grig
20-06-2007, 12:04 PM
With George. W no one should be close to America lol! We basically a sucessfull policy would be if Britain in allies with everyone, why not would improve Britains political situation.

Dan2nd
20-06-2007, 12:50 PM
;3624914']Why not? I don't understand, the EU would be a nation to be proud of. haha. And I don't understand why America is winning atm? You have to understand, the USA doesn't give two craps about us, they're using us to gain support from other countries. All this trade crap is useless, I don't believe we have a free trade agreement with the USA, but we do with the EU. We are even IN the EU. We're slowly loosing out, we need to pick a side, and we need to pick europe. People seem to still think the UK is a powerful nation, it is not.

I don't want to be europian I want to be British .. I'd rather allie with people who let us stay as we are then people who want to change our country ;l

Browney
20-06-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't want to be europian I want to be British .. I'd rather allie with people who let us stay as we are then people who want to change our country ;l

They don't. We have the freedom to vote on every policy. Switch to Euro, we can say no. Be heavily involved in european wars, we can say no. The EU force us into anything. We're a democracy.

And I agree ALEX. At one time we were the most powerful empire in the world. "The sun never sets on the British Empire." My, how things have changed.

alexxxxx
20-06-2007, 03:44 PM

You'd still be british. i live in britain, but i'm english. it's kinda the same haha. it's not like the EU is going to become a 'country' any time soon.

Ashhizzle
20-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I think we should be same with everyboy, cept countries we r at war wit

CrazyColaist
20-06-2007, 06:30 PM
we more closest to USA tbh i wish we where part of the US.

alexxxxx
20-06-2007, 07:03 PM
we more closest to USA tbh i wish we where part of the US.

why on earth would you want to be part of the USA?

20-06-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't either, even more power will go to brussels.

;3624914']Why not? I don't understand, the EU would be a nation to be proud of. haha. And I don't understand why America is winning atm? You have to understand, the USA doesn't give two craps about us, they're using us to gain support from other countries. All this trade crap is useless, I don't believe we have a free trade agreement with the USA, but we do with the EU. We are even IN the EU. We're slowly loosing out, we need to pick a side, and we need to pick europe. People seem to still think the UK is a powerful nation, it is not.

Proud of being ripped off and being bullied?

America does care about us, America would be first to defend us from attack than Europe.

We're loosing out by being in the EU, leave the EU and we'll have more freedom and be able to make tougher laws against immagration and other things.

If you want to be governed by the French, Germans and others, then go ahead.

Exactly!
+Rep

They don't. We have the freedom to vote on every policy. Switch to Euro, we can say no. Be heavily involved in european wars, we can say no. The EU force us into anything. We're a democracy.

And I agree ALEX. At one time we were the most powerful empire in the world. "The sun never sets on the British Empire." My, how things have changed.

Actually we don't, it's Blair and the pro-eu people who have the power, Labour will never do a referendum when they fear loosing which is exactly what would happen.

;3625739']You'd still be british. i live in britain, but i'm english. it's kinda the same haha. it's not like the EU is going to become a 'country' any time soon.

British, yet we're governed by people in Europe and don't have power over our own land?

;3626659']why on earth would you want to be part of the USA?

Well the closer to America the better, I am happy the America vote count has gone up :)

Nightrose
21-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Bascially the uk says that countries in Europe arnt worth are time, though i do believe ethat britain should pay more attention to europe as we are part of it afterall. As one of the other people said, America doesnt give a damn about us, they just use us to get Canada on side with them. Americas basically bleeds us of what we have, just so they seem better. Fgs, everything America gets involved in we do, but how do we know that if we get into a fight with Russia etc they would get involved we dont, we only have their word for it.

Imagine all the power Europe would have if we decided to get on with each other and the other countries, we could take over America. If the UK was gutless as it use to be like in the british empire period we could regain some of our land and then again be more powerful. sadly that all fell to pieces but what if it was to happen again. would we be stronger than America.

if you seem to notice theres only 3 main armies in play at the moment which are America,Canada,Us what if all a sudden China and japan decided to make trouble, and they have the biggest armies in the world we wouldnt have a chance unless europe koin the team.

To be quite honest, i think that overall the UK should concentrate on Europe and the problems the countries have with us. USA is always gonna be knocking on our door for help and there so why not ingore them for a bit, afterall europe is closer to home. We will still be British even if we became a mega state it just be carried on called Europe and we still will be called the UK. so whatever.

lScottl
21-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Bascially the uk says that countries in Europe arnt worth are time, though i do believe ethat britain should pay more attention to europe as we are part of it afterall. As one of the other people said, America doesnt give a damn about us, they just use us to get Canada on side with them. Americas basically bleeds us of what we have, just so they seem better. Fgs, everything America gets involved in we do, but how do we know that if we get into a fight with Russia etc they would get involved we dont, we only have their word for it.

Imagine all the power Europe would have if we decided to get on with each other and the other countries, we could take over America. If the UK was gutless as it use to be like in the british empire period we could regain some of our land and then again be more powerful. sadly that all fell to pieces but what if it was to happen again. would we be stronger than America.

if you seem to notice theres only 3 main armies in play at the moment which are America,Canada,Us what if all a sudden China and japan decided to make trouble, and they have the biggest armies in the world we wouldnt have a chance unless europe koin the team.

To be quite honest, i think that overall the UK should concentrate on Europe and the problems the countries have with us. USA is always gonna be knocking on our door for help and there so why not ingore them for a bit, afterall europe is closer to home. We will still be British even if we became a mega state it just be carried on called Europe and we still will be called the UK. so whatever.

China wouldnt dare, they would be wiped out anyway. And Japan are allies with the United Kingdom. Also, North Korea have 6 short-range Nuclear missles, why should we be scared of them?

alexxxxx
21-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't either, even more power will go to brussels.
i'm not in favour (yet) of an EU super-state.
Proud of being ripped off and being bullied?

We're not ripped off, we get a rebate.
America does care about us, America would be first to defend us from attack than Europe.

I highly doubt it, and even if so, the european armies would come and help too. Seeing as they would be worried about attacks/invasions of there own land as they are fairly geographically close to the UK.
We're loosing out by being in the EU, leave the EU and we'll have more freedom and be able to make tougher laws against immagration and other things.
And leaving the EU would leave us no friends apart from America. Well done. Immigration from countries outside the EU.

If you want to be governed by the French, Germans and others, then go ahead.
I will. While the UK helps govern them.

Actually we don't, it's Blair and the pro-eu people who have the power, Labour will never do a referendum when they fear loosing which is exactly what would happen.

We'd never sign an EU constitution. There'd be uproar.

British, yet we're governed by people in Europe and don't have power over our own land?
British, and we're part of the European Union. The British need friends. Who do we have apart from the USA + the EU? No one. Noone at all. Then when the USA have finished using us, or they do something completley stupid (like invade Iran), we'll have noone. Clever idea there. And also, ask people on the street if they like the way the USA is governed and if they like the US and it's government, you won't get many 'yes's'

Well the closer to America the better, I am happy the America vote count has gone up :)

I can't believe everyone is so blind.

Browney
21-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Well, recently I read a paper that said 99% of people would say no to a EU constituiton. Tony Blair, of all people, should know politics is all about popularity and I can think of better ways to please the public.

By the way, Undertaker, what are you gonna do when Blair leaves? No one left to blame! Especially when the tories storm the generals. Nah, just joking mate. Anyone and everyone knows that some of Tony's decisions weren't the best. *Cough* ahorrificwar.

Dan2nd
21-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm British not european I'd rather be ruled by our queen and have our laws decided from downing street not in brussels ;l I just hate the idea of not being in control of our own country thats why I'd pick the USA even though Tony Blair seems to have a thing for Bush hopfully Gordon Brown will be a bit tougher though :)

21-06-2007, 09:12 PM

Absolute garbage sorry, Canada aren't a main country in the world and America doesn't need our help, does the USA control our laws? - No, does the USA charge us Billions every year for nothing? - No

Europe do.

We will never be as powerful as America, we'd need thousands more Nuclear Bombs, a amazing ecomonic miracle and a crazy population increase to rival Americas power.

Why go against America and get bullied by Europe?, then we'd have no friends!

So bad idea.

As we have seen today at this EU summit, the EU WANT MORE POWER, they also want to take away our right to veto.

;3630140']I can't believe everyone is so blind.

Everyone who is against Europe has a brain :)

Well, recently I read a paper that said 99% of people would say no to a EU constituiton. Tony Blair, of all people, should know politics is all about popularity and I can think of better ways to please the public.

By the way, Undertaker, what are you gonna do when Blair leaves? No one left to blame! Especially when the tories storm the generals. Nah, just joking mate. Anyone and everyone knows that some of Tony's decisions weren't the best. *Cough* ahorrificwar.

I'm sure they'll be plenty more blunders by Labour :)

I don't want Cameron to win the Generals, infact I don't really support any party fully at the moment.

I'm British not european I'd rather be ruled by our queen and have our laws decided from downing street not in brussels ;l I just hate the idea of not being in control of our own country thats why I'd pick the USA even though Tony Blair seems to have a thing for Bush hopfully Gordon Brown will be a bit tougher though :)

As I have said, Presidents and Prime Ministers go, countrys don't :)

I see Europe as Sovietism, once they have power, you can't have it back.

Browney
23-06-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm sure they'll be plenty more blunders by Labour :)

Brown's a twit. But well done to him for making Blair stand up to the EU.

alexxxxx
23-06-2007, 12:33 PM
The EU is a democraticly elected union, and we can leave whenevber we want. We have rebates for money that is not spent on us.

Blinger1
23-06-2007, 12:49 PM
where is australia?

24-06-2007, 03:11 PM
;3635302']The EU is a democraticly elected union, and we can leave whenevber we want. We have rebates for money that is not spent on us.

Actually once your so far in the EU, you can't leave.

Also Blair gave away most of our rebate due to France moaning, even though without our rebate we still pay more than then.

So with or without a rebate, we still lose out by billions.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!