PDA

View Full Version : What subjects have you picked for your options?

Rayne
21-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, this has prolly been posted before, but I don't care tbh. It wasn't on the first page so I posted it. :]

So, you guys, what have you chosen for your options/what did you choose.

I picked;

Drama GCSE
German GCSE
Media Studies *woopwoop*
Young Apprenticeship in Performing Arts :]

I can't wait to start Media Studies, there are rumours that we get a trip to New York >.< I can't wait!!

Eamonn
22-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Wouldn't be looking too forward to starting them.. anything with the word 'studies' is bound to be trouble from my experience.

aliveandkicking
22-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't be looking too forward to starting them.. anything with the word 'studies' is bound to be trouble from my experience.

You're only Year 10 :| Year 10 dosn't even seem that hard. Neither does Year 11 :|
People make such a fuss. It's only GCSES

I chose..

Media Studies
Art
Catering..

But I had to change one for some reason so I chose Sociology.

Throne Sofa
23-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Year 9 was p'ss easy compared to year 10.

Media Studies is an ok subject but in year 10 you have to do 3 courseworks. Year 10 is a big chance from year 9 for me. More homework plus coursework.

Energizer
23-06-2007, 09:22 AM
It was last year but I chose, French, JSLA PE, Graphic and RM.

Eamonn
23-06-2007, 09:28 AM
You're only Year 10 :| Year 10 dosn't even seem that hard. Neither does Year 11 :|

I chose..

Media Studies
Art
Catering..

& you are only in year 9 O.O
Where am I making a fuss over GCSES?
It isn't like I am screaming "OMGZ GCSES SO HRD!!"
All I said was anything with the word studies is bound to be trouble as a joke O.O as when you actually do the GCSE subjects which you will in the future you will see they are absolutely boring, and I can say that, have you done a whole year of social studies? Have you done a whole year of religious studies? Have you done a whole year of theatre studies? Not at GCSE level, so go back to worrying about your SATs for the timebeing.

Toughened
23-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I've chose:

Geography
Media Studies
Graphics
Performing Arts

I have been really irritated by Media Studies as I won't have any friends in the class and I was thinking of changing it to Art which I now wish I picked as I'm enjoying it more.
I know you shouldn't pick lessons for you friends but I've heard that Media Studies is also going to be rubbish. I don't know what to do. Some people say wait for the first week and if you don't like it, change (which they let you do in our school) but I'm unsure. Eugh

Throne Sofa
23-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Media Studies is good, I enjoy it normally. Just in the first year from my expierance we have done a ton of coursework. But next year we're doing pratical coursework of sitcoms I think. I'd stick with Media ;)

Blinger1
23-06-2007, 12:05 PM
i am doing:

German, maths, english, I.T (year 12), photography

this is in australia

aliveandkicking
23-06-2007, 12:14 PM
& you are only in year 9 O.O
Where am I making a fuss over GCSES?
It isn't like I am screaming "OMGZ GCSES SO HRD!!"
All I said was anything with the word studies is bound to be trouble as a joke O.O as when you actually do the GCSE subjects which you will in the future you will see they are absolutely boring, and I can say that, have you done a whole year of social studies? Have you done a whole year of religious studies? Have you done a whole year of theatre studies? Not at GCSE level, so go back to worrying about your SATs for the timebeing.

Urm i've done a whole year of Social Studies and R.E its not even hard. Go back to worrying about my sats? your only a year older than me. Infact if that. When were you born? I was born in September 1992. Your not even that old saying I have to go worrying about my SATS :| I've done my SATS. Don't try and patronise me.

Eamonn
23-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Urm i've done a whole year of Social Studies and R.E its not even hard. Go back to worrying about my sats? your only a year older than me. Infact if that. When were you born? I was born in September 1992. Your not even that old saying I have to go worrying about my SATS :| I've done my SATS. Don't try and patronise me.
Yes at GCSE level, read the text love.

aliveandkicking
23-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Yes at GCSE level, read the text love.

I've already started my GCSES :| Well only for English, Maths, Double Science, Media, PE, Social Studies.

shiver
23-06-2007, 01:29 PM
french, latin, ict and graphics

Eamonn
23-06-2007, 01:31 PM
And how long have you been doing them at GCSE level, like 1-2 months after your SATs, so until you have been doing the subjects for over a year and actually have enough experience to have an opinion on them, I will decide to not value your opinion because I am just great like that (:

beth
24-06-2007, 12:37 AM

I chose..

Media Studies
Art
Catering..

AHAHA. "year 11 is easy" you will be one of this people who sits around thinking they can ace their exams without any work and then the night before they start the gcse period, they will think "****, i'm going to fail."

don't be so arrogant.

oh & @ people taking media studies: it's not everything it seems, it's more technical than creative.

Eamonn
24-06-2007, 09:59 AM
AHAHA. "year 11 is easy" you will be one of this people who sits around thinking they can ace their exams without any work and then the night before they start the gcse period, they will think "****, i'm going to fail."

don't be so arrogant.

oh & @ people taking media studies: it's not everything it seems, it's more technical than creative.
iloveyoubethie<3

Xarea
26-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Citizenship (course completed, and exam done)
Business Studies (as above)
Media Studies (1 year completed)
Drama (as above)
Sociology (as above)
Psychology (starting in Sept.)
Music (as above).

JoeyK.
26-06-2007, 07:57 PM
All I've got next year is;

International Marketing
Entrepreneurship
Bowling
British Literature

Already have all of my credits, just decided to take a few fun classes my senior year.

-:Undertaker:-
29-06-2007, 09:09 PM
I chose these 3..

History
Geography
Travel and Tourism

T&T is just like extra Geography, there was nothing else to pick really.

Shoovers
29-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Business Studies
Art
Graphics Design

reindeer.
29-06-2007, 09:43 PM
I picked IT (DiDA)
PE
Graphics

although I'm trying to change PE to History.

Hazza
29-06-2007, 09:48 PM
I tookk..

GCSE Drama
GCSE French
History
GCSE IT

woops.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!