PDA

View Full Version : Say if 9/11 happened this year

CrazyColaist
23-06-2007, 10:33 PM
still the same security as 2001 do you think it would be as bad? i mean more explosions and more dead.

-Soph-
24-06-2007, 03:54 AM
I don't get quite what you're saying... are you saying with the security measures which were post-9/11 would it of been as bad?

bo$$
24-06-2007, 04:07 AM
well if nothing would have happened and security measures were sstill the same pre-9/11.. then yeah the result would most likely be the same..

Shawnstra
24-06-2007, 04:56 AM
It will be pretty much the same I guess.

-Soph-
24-06-2007, 05:13 AM
well if nothing would have happened and security measures were sstill the same pre-9/11.. then yeah the result would most likely be the same..

well it depends, there was that scare last august about blowing up transatlantic flights.

if it happened after then, then yeah, the security would of been up.

but in all honestly, no, I don't think it would of prevented anything, even at that level, I still believe that it would of been possible to hijack the planes if it was planned out well, which is obviously was.

kerychuk
24-06-2007, 05:23 AM
If it happend again, i think it would be worse considering everybody would be freaking out and yelling at their country where ever they live that they were not secure enough.

Because of 9/11 the world has become more paranoid about their security

-Soph-
24-06-2007, 05:41 AM
we're not saying if it happened again, we're saying if it happened with 2001's security measures.

kerychuk
24-06-2007, 05:56 AM
oh, i miss understood it then

I do think that it would be the same result, the factor would be the terriorists and what they would attack but it would most likely be the same result

-Soph-
24-06-2007, 06:00 AM
I think the same, I don't think anything could of prevented it, really.

We weren't expecting something that big to happen, mind you, why would we expect it?

kerychuk
24-06-2007, 06:03 AM
There are some people out there who believe that george bush knew about the 9/11 attack and wanted and excuse to go to war with those countrys. I live in Canada so i dont know if that was a big theory in the states but it is one that i have heard many times

-Soph-
24-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Oh, the conspiracy theorys.

** theorys.

CrazyColaist
24-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Ano but do you think there would be more dead and explosions?

Jordy
24-06-2007, 09:30 AM

Depends how they did it & how many was in the building.

If they blew up my garden shed with 9/11 security measures I don't think anyone would die (Unless me or my dad was in it) & it'd probably be a very small, amateur explosion.

You can't compare it to 9/11 though, since there isn't 2 trade centres to blow up, it says 9/11 security, not buildings.

It's a bit pointless to be fair?

-Soph-
24-06-2007, 10:47 AM

well, it depends how many were working that day... anything could change the outcome.

Say if 9/11 happened on a Sunday, probably less would be dead as Sunday tends to be a day people have off.

Say if all 4 flights we're full to the rim for some reason.

Say if the jets had been carrying more fuel...?

Say if the passengers didn't fight back on united 93.

a lot of things could of affected it besides the security measures.

Dan2nd
24-06-2007, 12:04 PM
What if the Titanic didn't sink? What if Hitler never came to power? What if the Dinosaurs never became extinct? Theres no point in asking these questions 9/11 happened when it did I think we should just let it rest.

shokz
24-06-2007, 02:26 PM
What if the Titanic didn't sink? What if Hitler never came to power? What if the Dinosaurs never became extinct? Theres no point in asking these questions 9/11 happened when it did I think we should just let it rest.
dinosaurs never exsisted

PappaLou
24-06-2007, 02:55 PM
well it depends, there was that scare last august about blowing up transatlantic flights.

if it happened after then, then yeah, the security would of been up.

but in all honestly, no, I don't think it would of prevented anything, even at that level, I still believe that it would of been possible to hijack the planes if it was planned out well, which is obviously was.

took 'um over 5 years to plan, think about the detail, training, etc.

i believe it would of been less damage, because of the bombings being done elsewhere.

-Soph-
25-06-2007, 01:24 AM
took 'um over 5 years to plan, think about the detail, training, etc.

i believe it would of been less damage, because of the bombings being done elsewhere.

I know that, and I don't know about your 2nd point, there was quite a lot of trouble around the world at that time as well.

RedStratocas
25-06-2007, 02:48 AM
we're not saying if it happened again, we're saying if it happened with 2001's security measures.

wait... didn't 9/11 already happen with 2001's security measures?... i dont get it. whats the question?

-Soph-
25-06-2007, 02:54 AM
I thought that too...

I think he means post-9/11 security measures... I'm not sure though.

:Hazel
25-06-2007, 09:14 AM
erm, who knows :s probs the same,, how can you prevent sometihng like that?

-Soph-
27-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Well apparently they had knives etc.
I'm not saying that the airport security should be ashamed because they SHOULD of found these, because 9/11 was very well planned out and the knives were probably... well obviously, thought out well. (Some of the terrorists didn't even get pulled aside at customs at the metal detector). But they COULD of been found, and potentially stopped (well.. I don't know if it would be possible to stop all 4/5 which were on each of the planes - but it's not impossible) and stopped 1 or more flight?

Sounds far fetched though, doesn't it.

RedStratocas
27-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Well apparently they had knives etc.
I'm not saying that the airport security should be ashamed because they SHOULD of found these, because 9/11 was very well planned out and the knives were probably... well obviously, thought out well. (Some of the terrorists didn't even get pulled aside at customs at the metal detector). But they COULD of been found, and potentially stopped (well.. I don't know if it would be possible to stop all 4/5 which were on each of the planes - but it's not impossible) and stopped 1 or more flight?

Sounds far fetched though, doesn't it.

most of them didn't get pulled aside because their knives were made of very hard plastic.

-Soph-
27-06-2007, 02:46 PM
I was reading the commission report earlier, and it said who got pulled aside and whatnot, from what I remember... none of the united 93 hijackers got pulled aside.

I never knew about the hard plastic thing though... I have no idea how that could be prevented in the future...

What happened to that xray thing at airports... I think they trialled it, but would that even pick it up?

PaintYourTarget
05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm going to wait for Rise Against, or perhaps Green Day, to write a song about it and then make up my mind.

RedStratocas
05-07-2007, 02:25 AM
I was reading the commission report earlier, and it said who got pulled aside and whatnot, from what I remember... none of the united 93 hijackers got pulled aside.

I never knew about the hard plastic thing though... I have no idea how that could be prevented in the future...

What happened to that xray thing at airports... I think they trialled it, but would that even pick it up?

well now you're forced to take everything out of your pockets, so it wont work anymore. unless they hide it somewhere else.

-Soph-
05-07-2007, 07:28 AM
You do?

is this just like, in the US?

When I flew out to here from Heathrow, they only told me to empty my pockets when the detector went off and they searched me.
Even if you do have to empty your pockets, it's still like.. easy to hide it, if you wear baggy enough clothes, but at the end of the day, I guess nothing can be done about that, I don't expect them to strip everyone naked, haha.

Desjardens
09-07-2007, 02:55 AM
The security is going to be REALLY tight...

-Soph-
10-07-2007, 04:30 AM
what do you mean?

Jambe
10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
No cuz we dont have a building as big as that :O

Colin-Roberts
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
now it happened with the post 9/11 security alot less people should statisticallu die because there is far better fighter pilot dispatch and stations in place so they can scramble alot faster.

PaintYourTarget
11-07-2007, 09:13 PM

http://www.aurorawdc.com/ci/freedom_tower_3.gif
Yeah, we have bigger towers =]

Concentric2
11-07-2007, 10:02 PM
now it happened with the post 9/11 security alot less people should statisticallu die because there is far better fighter pilot dispatch and stations in place so they can scramble alot faster.
Not that the fighter pilots could have done anything anyway, except shoot down the planes... (which, with hindsight i think they should have done)

-Soph-
13-07-2007, 11:44 PM

we have buildings a lot higher actually...
and if 9/11 didn't happen in 2001 but in 2007, they'd still be here anyway?

---MAD---
14-07-2007, 04:00 AM
Not that the fighter pilots could have done anything anyway, except shoot down the planes... (which, with hindsight i think they should have done)
You need to remember that if a mistake happens, people will die and it will be the governments fault.

I think the government would rather have people die because of a terrorist attack rather than have a pilot shoot down a plane with the same amount of people dying but by mistake (thinking it was a terrorist for example).

That is why things like that are not done in 1 second ;).

indian8132
14-07-2007, 12:54 PM
If it happened now, after 9/11, surely it would be avoided with secruity added with the Iraq War and not 9/11. All the terror threats we had would reise secruity aswell, like the new cold war threat with Russia

HotelUser
14-07-2007, 02:13 PM
It wouldn't not with all the new security.

-Soph-
15-07-2007, 04:05 AM
If it happened now, after 9/11, surely it would be avoided with secruity added with the Iraq War and not 9/11. All the terror threats we had would reise secruity aswell, like the new cold war threat with Russia
But say if they got a threat that someone was going to use airliners in a terrorist attack, I doubt they'd go up to the measures of security they did on 9/11 and the weeks after it, because I doubt they'd imagine that they were going to do something as extreme as fly the jets into the WTC... if you get me, I doubt the iraq war could put the security measures in airports up as high as they are.

It wouldn't not with all the new security.
What if the security wasn't up so high?
the security is up so high mainly because of 9/11, if it never happened then security wouldn't be high. (as high anyway)

.:!Robbo!:.
15-07-2007, 05:24 PM
i agree The Security Wouldn't be as high as it is if 9/11 didn't happen

sock
15-07-2007, 07:04 PM
I think it would go extreme like usual, and then go quieter again. But more sttricter rules would be inforce.

Antallica
15-07-2007, 08:01 PM
The same i think.

-Soph-
16-07-2007, 01:53 AM
i agree The Security Wouldn't be as high as it is if 9/11 didn't happen

yeah,
like every time we get a threat or an attempt of terrorism on airlines, it's always compared to 9/11
like, last August, they said "it could of been the next 9/11"

come to think of it, they probably would of succeeded in blowing up those planes last August if it wasn't for 9/11 happening.

Scarffo
19-07-2007, 05:31 PM
It would probably be the same.. They wouldn't really expect it then move the building, would they?

-Soph-
19-07-2007, 10:29 PM
what do you mean?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!