PDA

View Full Version : RIP ~ Chris Benoit, 1967 - 2007

-:Undertaker:-
26-06-2007, 01:28 AM
I just checked on WWE website, and I never look at it anymore and I saw that Chris Beniot had died :O

First Eddie now him, RIP

DonkeyKong..
26-06-2007, 01:30 AM
This was posted in the "Post WWE News & rumours thread" but its very sad news. RIP.

chips
26-06-2007, 03:56 AM
probly a hoax diddent vince mcmahon die the other weak but i swear i saw him the other day

-Wolverine
26-06-2007, 05:26 AM
probly a hoax diddent vince mcmahon die the other weak but i swear i saw him the other day
Yes, that was obviously fake, this is real.

chips
26-06-2007, 05:55 AM
if it is real that sicko Beniot prob killed his family and then killed him self

he always was a bit odd

so no not R.I.P

R.I.H (rot in hell)

English
26-06-2007, 06:53 AM
if it is real that sicko Beniot prob killed his family and then killed him self

he always was a bit odd

so no not R.I.P

R.I.H (rot in hell)
What you're comparing him to is a TV show. You can't judge him on a TV show as it is acting. Grow up you 'sicko'.

chips
26-06-2007, 06:59 AM
What you're comparing him to is a TV show. You can't judge him on a TV show as it is acting. Grow up you 'sicko'.

im not judgeing him on the tv show are you stupid im i done even watch it im judging him on the fact that he murdered his wife and kids

Brody
26-06-2007, 07:03 AM
shocking r.i.p

i really hope he didnt murder his family

:Hazel
26-06-2007, 09:13 AM
saw this on ssn, RIP :(

Jericho
26-06-2007, 09:17 AM
*removed*I JUST READ THIS... WOW!

What the fooooshizzle. I'm nearly crying, although wrestling is fake, he is one of the best people, the only famous person i've met in 2005..

Chips, thats a sick thing to say, your bloody harsh, someone should infract him, thatss extremely disrespectful.

Also, it hasnt been ruled the fact he killed his family then himself. Thats whats been suspected. Its like the the pakistani cricket coach, they thought that was murder but it was actually natural causes, the whole thing could of been murder.

THE VINCE MCMAHON SL HAS BEEN RULED OUT. HE PERFORMED A 20 MINUTE RAW TO A EMTEY ARENA LAST NIGHT!

Thanks,

A Verry saddend, lime.

Edited by Youheard (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the filter.

Tbh
26-06-2007, 09:27 AM
if it was real.. it would've been on the news all over ;l

Jericho
26-06-2007, 09:34 AM
if it was real.. it would've been on the news all over ;l

It is real.

Go to www.wwe.com/shows/raw - Vince is in the ring saying how its all real, and they are cutting his angle.

It was on Sky sports news this morning when i woke up.. :(

Simmzay
26-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Shocking... I used to love Benoit a lot too. But if he did kill them then don't expect any kind words from me.

Antallica
26-06-2007, 09:43 AM
eddie, now benoit.
rip.

Jericho
26-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Anyone read my first post in this thread?

ITS BEEN SUSPECTED. I DOUBT IT.

I dont think he did, and if he did, idc, he is the kindest person i've ever met. He has got a lot to be proud off, idk, it could of been Drugs, Booze, Presure, Stress - All of which you get from wrestling. He has achieved more than ANY WWE star atm. He is so much more experianced than most wrestlers going today.

Lime.

Wayne
26-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Rest in peace Benoit. Great technical wrestler and now he's up with Eddie Guerrero.

Antallica
26-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Its weird because Eddie & Chris was best friends and used to be on WCW..

Jericho
26-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Just a coincedence. Shame to see a great guy go, i cried when eddy went and im crying now.. *is saddo* lirl.

I think we see the Black Armbands coming back but with "CB" on em?

Antallica
26-06-2007, 09:56 AM
He was a great wrestler.. and i hope many will remember him.

Skillz
26-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Some people should have respect, it was not only benoit
it was his family and i think respect should be shown to both benoit and his family

Simmzay
26-06-2007, 10:39 AM
I hope you're not telling us, that if it's proved true, that we should respect someone who's just killed a child.

Because regardless of whatever you've achieved in life - you just can't forgive it.

Jericho
26-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Tell you the truth, i will.

I've met him, he is a great guy, i managed to speak with him after the Survivor Series Tour in 05. It will be prooved to be something other IMO.

Bomb-Head
26-06-2007, 11:04 AM
:O So do they think he killed his wife and kid, and then killed himself?

Wayne
26-06-2007, 11:06 AM
:O So do they think he killed his wife and kid, and then killed himself?

Who knows, there's rumours flying about the internet already. I hope he didn't, but the case has been announced as 'double suicide.' :S

Bomb-Head
26-06-2007, 11:14 AM
I hope not aswell :(

Yeh that's what made me ask when the site said 'double murder-suicide'.

:(

niketotal.
26-06-2007, 11:29 AM
It is reported that Benoit killed his wife and son saturday then himself monday. WWE were alerted too this by him not turning up to a PPV and someone was asked to check the house where they were found dead.

No murder weapon has been found so no gun.

So this is why people in this thread are annoying me untill the biopsy no one can say anything because its not 100% and why can WWE not pay respect to one of there top wrestlers who has entertained and made there company money for the last 8 years. Chris wrestled for 20 years and entertained everyone who watched him in the ring. I know its hard to get round he may of killed his family but there has to be some reasons for this as watching the tribute Chris cared more about his family than anything. Why cant we respect the life he led instead of the end

(This is Swindont btw on my brothers account)

Frodo13.
26-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Innocent untill proven guilty... R.I.P

Bomb-Head
26-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Innocent untill proven guilty... R.I.P

I agree.

Earthquake
26-06-2007, 04:27 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitupdate i've lost all respect from him, he was a legend

e5..
26-06-2007, 04:29 PM
I know omg :'( - It was real, as vince who died in the storyline addressed it nationwide with no crowd.

Slash
26-06-2007, 04:33 PM
'chips', I hope when you die, which is hopefully soon, you ******* rot in hell. I hope and know that nobody will give two ***** when you die.
R.I.P. Chris, Daniel and 'woman' Nancy Benoit.
One of the greatest to ever grace the ring.

Edited by Wayne (Assistant Forum Manager) Please don't offend other forum users.

Azul
26-06-2007, 05:19 PM
I was shocked and stunned when I read this really cannot believe it. I'm not big on wrestling (used to be) but he seemed a good bloke.. I've heard several rumours that he caught his wife cheating and such, we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Simmzay
26-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Now that it's been pretty much confirmed I still have no sympathy whatsoever. It's a shame because he was a fantastic in-ring technician. Props to WWE for removing all his merchandise and tribute videos, but it seems this is going to have a major impact on WWE/Wrestling as a whole.

R.I.P to the wife and kid.

Misawa
26-06-2007, 05:48 PM
It's official. Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday in the living room, watched Vengeance with his son on Sunday, whilst texting friends in a very curious manner, smothered his son in bed, before hanging himself on Monday in the weight room.

I have also found out that his wife filed for divorce in 2003 before their relationship was apparently restored, because he had a "violent temper".

Earthquake
26-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Now that it's been pretty much confirmed I still have no sympathy whatsoever. It's a shame because he was a fantastic in-ring technician. Props to WWE for removing all his merchandise and tribute videos, but it seems this is going to have a major impact on WWE/Wrestling as a whole.

R.I.P to the wife and kid.
D.I.H.A.M.T To chris

*Die in hell a million times*

Ryyder
26-06-2007, 08:18 PM
It's official. Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday in the living room, watched Vengeance with his son on Sunday, whilst texting friends in a very curious manner, smothered his son in bed, before hanging himself on Monday in the weight room.

I have also found out that his wife filed for divorce in 2003 before their relationship was apparently restored, because he had a "violent temper".
NOT TRUE,

Here is the story
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286737,00.html
This information was all released in a press conference held outside his house.

CrazyColaist
26-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Die in hell.

HabboIsKrouts
26-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Murder-Suicidie they're calling it, looks like it probs was murdering his own family then suicide, what a shame.. He seemed like an ok guy.

ItsDave
26-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Im .. still in shock. My fav wrestler, I dont watch it anymore, but for the years he's done and what he's done for the WWE? God, I just want to know what his motive is.

[DC]eption
26-06-2007, 11:31 PM
Im .. still in shock. My fav wrestler, I dont watch it anymore, but for the years he's done and what he's done for the WWE? God, I just want to know what his motive is.

The two stories ive heard is steroids or argument with wife accidnely killed, then watched vengence with his son before killing him so he didnt have to grow up with no mum.

But nevertheless RIP to his family and him (as i dont think he would have been in a sane mind to do this, i think something out of his control must have caused it)

chips
27-06-2007, 01:48 AM
'chips', I hope when you die, which is hopefully soon, you ******* rot in hell. I hope and know that nobody will give two ***** when you die.
R.I.P. Chris, Daniel and 'woman' Nancy Benoit.
One of the greatest to ever grace the ring.

Edited by Wayne (Assistant Forum Manager) Please don't offend other forum users

your fine with people killing there kids and wife then
[quote=What Happend] During a press conference Tuesday, June 26 Fayette County district attorney Scott Ballard confirmed that Chris Benoit had murdered his wife and son. His wife was bound at the wrists and feet, while there were no signs of restraint on his son, both died of asphyxiation. It is reported that his wife died on Friday, his son died on Saturday, and Benoit killed himself later Saturday evening or early Sunday morning. Benoit's body was found dead of asphyxiation hanging by the cord of a weight machine in his basement.

kerychuk
27-06-2007, 02:36 AM
He seemed like an okay guy, why would he do that?

chips
27-06-2007, 05:21 AM
you never really know whats going on in peoples head

Simmzay
27-06-2007, 06:13 AM
From WWE.com:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/detailedbenoittimeline

Detailed WWE/Benoit timeline
Written: June 26, 2007

Below is a detailed WWE/Chris Benoit timeline from Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE SmackDown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

6:10pm
A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am
Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
When: 6/24 at 3:54am
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
When: 6/24 at 3:58am
Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
residence

4:00pm
WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayette County Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office had no further information.

I don't think we have the "full" story yet.. it's all so confusing.

Antallica
27-06-2007, 07:08 AM
Very confusing.

Antallica
27-06-2007, 07:09 AM
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070625/chris_benoit_070626/20070626?hub=TopStories

Edited by micky.blue.eyes (Super Moderator): Please don't double post.

Blinger1
27-06-2007, 07:18 AM
it must be pretty big, it made it to australian headlines on the ninemsn webpage :|!

GoldenMerc
27-06-2007, 07:18 AM
How did he die?

Simmzay
27-06-2007, 09:28 AM
He hung himself.

@Shane, I agree, Australia news is actually reporting it which is surprising.

PaulMacC
27-06-2007, 10:16 AM
We should remember him for the good things he did in the industry, not the bad things.

He had rage problems and hooked to steroids. I'd say if he didnt take the steroids he'd be safe.

I just hope God forgives him and he's up their with eddie.

I feel for Rey Mysterio 2 of his best friends in 1-2 years.

CJW93
27-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero Heavens Greatest Tag Team

L!nK
27-06-2007, 02:45 PM
He killed his famo

Earthquake
27-06-2007, 02:49 PM
He seemed a really good person on WWE helping out raymisterio, I wonder how he feels... I hope people dont hate him, He was probally really angry with depression and stuff on the drugs, I feel sorry for him and he's son, I heard he's wife cheated on him 1 or two times but they got over it

OmgitsAmanda
27-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Wow, I remember watchin him as a kid when I use to watch wrestling. R.i.p
First Eddie now Chris, whats happening?

Earthquake
27-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Wow, I remember watchin him as a kid when I use to watch wrestling. R.i.p
First Eddie now Chris, whats happening?
Next will be Undertaker, He's too old to do wrestling

Hazza
27-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, Apparently he killed his Son & Wife and then himself on Monday.

Brody
27-06-2007, 03:16 PM
what ive heard he killed his wife in a arguement

watched vengeance with his son then killed his son

then killed himself on monday

GoldenMerc
27-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Thats realy upsetting :'(
2 legends dead how many more :@

CJW93
27-06-2007, 03:33 PM
One of the many rumors is that a motive way be that back in 2003 his wife filed a divorce because of 'poor treatment'

Brody
27-06-2007, 03:34 PM
but 2003 is 4 years ago so wouldnt he avre killed her 4 years ago?

CJW93
27-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Or maybe steriods had somthing to do with it?

GoldenMerc
27-06-2007, 03:39 PM
It says about them in the FoxNews thing

Simmzay
27-06-2007, 03:54 PM
The steroids excuse is just Fox News pushing their agenda. The steroids, based on reports, were for Benoit's son. Benoit's son suffered from "Fragile X Syndrome" and Benoit is believed to try and enhance his phyisical stature with some sort of drug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fragile_X_syndrome

Truly tragic and only Chris is to blame.

Earthquake
27-06-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't wanna sound stupid, Maybe its all been set up? Anyone watched prison break, the organisation got away with it.

TFOT
27-06-2007, 04:25 PM
It's a shame Chris has gone too. He was a great entertainer. I wonder who'll be next?

RIP Chris Benoit x

Axel
27-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Chris Benoit rings a bell... did he have a different alias in the ring? And can someone post a pic of him?

Jordie
27-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Chris Benoit rings a bell... did he have a different alias in the ring? And can someone post a pic of him?

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w27/Jordie2k6/ChrisBenoit.jpg

niaux
27-06-2007, 04:44 PM
if the stories are true and he did kill his wife and son, i don't care if he burns in hell, at the end of the day he was just an entertainer, fake wrestler. He was one of my favourites in ring but if he done something like that i dont care. but... if its a completey different story then r.i.p chris

Jahova
27-06-2007, 05:06 PM
The story is completley true.
This is what I think:

He takes steroids right, me and my dad who both love WWE think that the steroids could have drove him mad, killing his wife and his son and then killing himself.
- - - - -
Must have been a painful death: 'Benoit appeared to have smothered his son and strangled his wife before hanging himself with the pulley of a weightlifting machine, according to the Associated Press.'
- - - - -
RIP Chris Benoit
- - - - -
Also this puzzles me 'He later sent several puzzling text messages to friends which prompted them to contact WWE, who asked authorities to check on his home.'
'Rabid Wolverine'

-:Undertaker:-
27-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, I am VERY suprised.

To the great entertainer we knew, rest in peace.
To the family, rest in peace.
To the chris who killed, rot in hell.

GoldenMerc
27-06-2007, 05:32 PM
RIP,Was a great entertainer

irl
28-06-2007, 10:52 AM
this guy doesnt deserve to rest in peace, if he was gonna kill himself fair enough, but take his family with him? thats sick.

chips
28-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Read in a paper this morning that the kid has needle marks on his arms.

Turns out his sicko of a father thought the kid wasn't growing fast enough and had a growth problem so he was injected the kid with hormone growing injections.

Bad enough he was strung out on steroids himself but why inject a little kid with them just because he hasn't grown up quick enough.

Man was sick

Normally I don't bother with this kinda thing but when a celeb injects his kid with 'roids and then tops him and his mother is sick.

Then the cowardly dichead tops himself.

I can't believe the publicity he is getting on YouTube etc. He flaming murdered his own family for god sake

Sharpsterz
28-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I Just Erm Dunno What To Say Or Believe

Very Saddening

+ He's Sick Is He

You Don't Even Know Whats Happened Yet

Wayne
28-06-2007, 04:23 PM
The Sun - Updated news on the murders. (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007290383,00.html?CMP=KNC-powersearchSEM1&HBX_PK=chris+benoit&HBX_OU=50)

The Sun - The text message and call times to Benoit. (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007290486,00.html)

The Sun - The argueing over the disabled son could have caused the rage. (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007290716,00.html)

The Sun - An apparent twist to the deaths. Steroid abuse of Benoit and what he did to his disabled son. (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003560001-2007290539,00.html)

I am aware that some of this has been briefly posted but I thought I'd post the more detailed sections from The Sun's website.

e5..
28-06-2007, 06:24 PM
They think they are stating facts, they are saying he DID kill them and that, and tbh they don't know anything.. I wouldn't think of Benoit doing such a thing, it's saddening really.

You
28-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Read in a paper this morning that the kid has needle marks on his arms.

Turns out his sicko of a father thought the kid wasn't growing fast enough and had a growth problem so he was injected the kid with hormone growing injections.

Bad enough he was strung out on steroids himself but why inject a little kid with them just because he hasn't grown up quick enough.

Man was sick

Normally I don't bother with this kinda thing but when a celeb injects his kid with 'roids and then tops him and his mother is sick.

Then the cowardly dichead tops himself.

I can't believe the publicity he is getting on YouTube etc. He flaming murdered his own family for god sake
Apparently: Wikipedia Article Listed Nancy Benoit's Death 14 Hrs Before Bodies Found

http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=185062587

Foobar
29-06-2007, 03:24 AM
I think it's disgusting that people are paying tribute to him after what he did. I've seen a few people with "R.I.P. Chris Benoit" in their MSN names, it's just wrong.

GoldenMerc
29-06-2007, 06:51 AM
No its not,He coulnt control himself the steroids did the rage themselfs he was a nice bloke although i never met him i woulnt think he would do such a thing.

Simmzay
29-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Please, don't blame steroids until the toxicology results come back. You can't excuse Benoit for this, you know? If it was "roid rage" it's still his fault for taking them.

That wikipedia story is just a prankster, the person who edited it made a lot of immature edits on countless different articles.

Slash
29-06-2007, 08:27 AM
I think it's disgusting that people are paying tribute to him after what he did. I've seen a few people with "R.I.P. Chris Benoit" in their MSN names, it's just wrong.
Because people, like myself, want to remember him for giving 22 years of his life to wrestling, and being one of the greatest of all time.

shokz
29-06-2007, 04:05 PM
That wikipedia story is just a prankster, the person who edited it made a lot of immature edits on countless different articles.
really? oh sorry do you know him then ? :rolleyes: shut up

Gangster
30-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Chris Benoit killed his son. The he killed his wife. After that he commit suicide. What's the sence in that ?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!