PDA

View Full Version : Torres signs for the reds.

Scouse
04-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Fernando Torres has today completed his move from Atletico Madrid to Liverpool after putting pen to paper on a six-year deal. The 23-year-old striker will be unveiled to the media in the number nine shirt vacated by Robbie Fowler just after 3pm.

Torres passed a medical at Melwood yesterday before briefly flying back to his homeland to say an emotional goodbye to fans in Madrid.

The Spaniard leaves the La Liga side with a record of 82 goals in 214 league games.

He spent 12 years at the Vicente Calderon Stadium after being snapped up at the age of 11.

Torres made his debut aged 17 before becoming Atletico's youngest ever captain two years later.

The striker was top scorer and best player at both the 2001 European Under-16 Championships and 2002 European Under-19 Championships. He made his full international debut in September 2003, and has so far scored 14 goals in 40 caps.

Nicknamed El Nino (The Kid) because of his youthful appearance, he was selected for the 2006 World Cup in Germany, where he scored three goals.

In May 2007 Torres hit the headlines when he revealed the words 'You'll Never Walk Alone' on the inside of his captain's armband during a match against Real Sociedad. Two months later he is a Liverpool player.
:D:D:D:D

Edited by mat64 (Forum Moderator): Thread closed as a result of it been bumped.

Jordie
04-07-2007, 02:33 PM
he has a lot of work to do if he wants to live up to the 26.5 million pound price tag:rolleyes: because from what i seen he isnt that good lol;) im hoping he does well for his sake because hes gonna get a lot of stick from the critics if he doesnt:(

HabboIsKrouts
04-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Tbf, he is an EXCELLENT talent, just what the premiership needed with Henry leaving, great signign for club and league, hope he does well and doesn't do a Shevchenko.:D

Shoovers
04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I was watching sky sports news just then and the fee isnt £26.5m, it is £20m (30m euros)

Cant wait to see what he's like

Woo !

Sunny.
04-07-2007, 04:25 PM
booooooooooooooooooo ;p

see hw gd he is in the premiershipp

Minstrels
04-07-2007, 04:30 PM
he has a lot of work to do if he wants to live up to the 26.5 million pound price tag:rolleyes: because from what i seen he isnt that good lol;)
Wth have you seen then? Obv not alot as he is fing amazing :rolleyes:

Jordie
04-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Wth have you seen then? Obv not alot as he is fing amazing :rolleyes:

id read that he was going to be signed for 26.5 million
but its obv 20 mil now, he isnt 14 goals in la liga isnt excactly top class is it and from what ive seen he hasnt played that well, is that ok with you?

Minstrels
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
id read that he was going to be signed for 26.5 million
but its obv 20 mil now, he isnt 14 goals in la liga isnt excactly top class is it and from what ive seen he hasnt played that well, is that ok with you?
Fine with me, you can watch your cruddy BBC highlights of players all you want, you just don't get to see the full player when you do though.

Minstrels
11-09-2007, 02:31 PM
he has a lot of work to do if he wants to live up to the 26.5 million pound price tag:rolleyes: because from what i seen he isnt that good lol;) im hoping he does well for his sake because hes gonna get a lot of stick from the critics if he doesnt:(

Is he working hard enough for you now? Or is he still rubbish? :rolleyes:

Edited by mat64 (Forum Moderator): Please don't bump old threads.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!