PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Complete Signing Of Babel

Shoovers
12-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Liverpool have confirmed that Ryan Babel will sign a five-year contract at Anfield on Friday
Ajax claimed earlier on Thursday that he had signed, although Liverpool confirmed that the Dutch international will complete his move on Friday.
A statement on the Ajax website, www.ajax.nl read: "The attacker (Babel), who had a contract at Ajax up to July 1 2010, has signed an agreement for five years."
Babel, 20, starred for Holland in their recent European Under-21 Championship success on home soil.
Reds chief executive Rick Parry confirmed on Wednesday they had been given permission to talk to the player by Ajax, who was included in Holland's senior squad for the 2006 World Cup and said they hoped to reach agreement with the Amsterdam side "very shortly".

Jordie
12-07-2007, 07:22 PM
i think he'll be a good player in the prem:)

you've also signed benayoun for 5 million

wishing
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
best of luck to him.

rafa benitez will be under a lot of pressure this year though with the amount of money he has spent, especially because he managed 4th place and CL final last year anyway.

Rizter
16-07-2007, 11:09 AM
well we are expected to finish higher than 4th obviously, and with our last few seasons performances in the champions league anything other than reaching the final will be deemed unnaceptable. I have never seen Babel play but from what i've heard he is decent, the signing i am most hopeful about though is Torres because we have needed a good striker since Owen left.

:Hazel
16-07-2007, 11:42 AM
didnt he cost like 10 million?

Aflux
16-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Sorry, who?

Sunny.
16-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Babel's not very well known in the premiership..
well some people might know him. Well good move. This season should be quite good with all the new signings :)

sock
16-07-2007, 07:45 PM
they've probably signed the most players in this transfer window so far.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!