PDA

View Full Version : Do celebrities get the same treatment? - [Closes 13/08/07]

---MAD---
13-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Do celebreities get the same treatment as "normal" ranked people? If so, why do so many complain they dont? If not, is this fair? Do they deserve this special treatment?

Happy debating!

crans
13-07-2007, 12:37 AM
nope they dont because there not normal people, they are celebrities.

life is different for you in most ways.

---MAD---
13-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Whether celeb or not, they are human and should still be treated the same way I feel :).

RedStratocas
13-07-2007, 12:54 AM
no, they don't get normal treatment, obviously. they should, but then again that would be a bit hard, really.

FlyingJesus
13-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Of course they're treated differently, but it's not a bad thing. Sure, we're all humans, but different people do have different worths. Whilst some celebrities are obviously talentless and simply there out of luck, the fact remains that economically a celebrity is worth more than the average person.

-Wolverine
13-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Of course they don't get the same treatment. Many places have celebrities eat for free, they get payed to sponsor things, they get hoarded by fans etc.

Pointless debate imo.

Browney
13-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Of course they don't get the same treatment. Many places have celebrities eat for free, they get payed to sponsor things, they get hoarded by fans etc.

Pointless debate imo.

Says it all really.

Adam!
13-07-2007, 07:28 AM
No they don't get treated the same, they get things for free, get ASKED to do sponsors and get paid for things..

When was the last time you got a letter in the post asking you to sponser Pepsi? - Never.. You could be better at something than the actual celeb, but they'd prefer the celeb.

Ekalb
13-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, of course they do because celebrities are better than you.

says the media anyway.

Wizzdom
13-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Its obvious they do after Paris Hilton going to a "better facility jail fore celebs" So this question is obvious. Yes

Mr.Sam
13-07-2007, 11:45 AM
You must be blind if you can not see that they receive special treatment - do they deserve it? No.

Edit: Forum Lagged -.-

dannyisnotamazing
13-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah it's quite obvious they do.. lol.

Take "This Morning" programme on ITV. It was Fern's birthday and they had about 10-15 minutes about it, got her family in got people to stand outside the studio with signs up etc.. why couldn't they have just said "Happy Birthday Fern :D" or something little.. lol. ]:

Meh I don't really care, it doesn't affect meeeeeeee.

Shawnstra
14-07-2007, 05:44 AM
Have you watched the Travel Spies on Discovery Travel and living? Let's say if you get a celebrity visiting your hotel, most of the people will give them special treatment, so if they tell their other celebrity friends, or to the paparazzi, the hotel will get a good name. This is inevitable though, even I would give special treatment to them. In a nutshell, yes :) However, I think that celebs should not recieve special treatment, its wrong. A little special treatment is ok, but not too much imo.

lAdmire
15-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Not at all. Paris Hilton for instance. She got 23 days after she broke the law... twice.

If it was an everday man, I think he would've gotten 2 years.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_7145.aspx

In this case, a man was sent to jail for three years for drunk driving. But yet, he killed a woman. Paris didn't, but could've. She should've been sentenced for a year or two from the start. But she was only put on probation. This just shows the justice system is better for celebrities. Their just like us, so why is it changed?

jrh2002
16-07-2007, 11:17 AM
you get reports of celebs being caught driving at stupid speeds where we would get a year ban they get 2 or 4 weeks etc :s should be the other way around i cant afford to pay for a driver like they could.

i crnge at mentioning the wonderful pete docherty the druggie who gets caught with all sorts of drugs what seems like every week and even when on bail etc they let him walk away with a slap on the wrist time after time.

a normal member of public should be treated just the same as a celeb when its for any sort of crime/driving offence.

:Hazel
16-07-2007, 11:40 AM
they get let off things and get special treatment just because they are david eckham or w.e and its wrong. at the end of the day they are only normal people and everyone should be treated equally.

Pitch
17-07-2007, 10:55 AM
but how popular would the man that locked up your favourite celebrity be? There are always obsessive fans out there, and they will do terrible things, people were on hunger strikes when p/h was in jail.. And if people do that for HER, imagine what would happen should someone ACTUALLY FAMOUS be punished like that.

Ostinato
17-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Not at all. Paris Hilton for instance. She got 23 days after she broke the law... twice.

If it was an everday man, I think he would've gotten 2 years.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_7145.aspx

In this case, a man was sent to jail for three years for drunk driving. But yet, he killed a woman. Paris didn't, but could've. She should've been sentenced for a year or two from the start. But she was only put on probation. This just shows the justice system is better for celebrities. Their just like us, so why is it changed?

Don't be so naive. There is a big difference between could've doing something and actually doing it. That's like saying "Oh if I was rich enough I could have got enough weapons to kill 1000 people, but so and so actually did it so I should get the same punishment".

In my opinion the stars are actually receiving worse treatment - in Paris' case anyway. I do agree that there is obviously a degree in which they do receive a bit of a better time, for instance being segregated etc.

However, in America most people - who commit crimes such as drink driving - in fact only serve around 10% on average of their sentence. Paris was released when she did so, but because they wanted to make an example of her due to her celebrity status she was thrown back in. Sorry, but no-one should undergo being thrown in and out of jail in the way that she was. If that happened here in the UK it would be in all the tabloid's discussing how much of a shambles it was.

FAQz
30-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I think that celebrities think that they deserve better treatment than eveyone else. for example i read an article in the newspaper the other day and linsey lohan said that she was a celeb and she could do what ever the **** she wanted after being stopped by police after driving 100mph with three drunken passengers in the car. also i cant remeber who it was but another celeb took drugs and then dorve the wrong way down a motorway and thats just CRAZY!
And then we come to the story that we all know about. Pairs Hilton. She thinks that she deserves special treatment after being stopped by the police after exceeding the speed limit and then she got a jail sentence and then when she went in to jail less than two days later she claimed she was "ill" and she was immeadiatley let out and the judge was furious. and i think he has every right to be because if it was a normal inmate and they said they were sick do you think they would have been released by the drop of a hat? i think not. This is unbeleivable. Celebrities that make their money by selling their own clothes designs to us their own perfume music records whatever. They are a public icon and we have trust in them and then they go and abuse this trust by thinking that they deserve special treatment (and most of the time they get it) and in this case they believe that they can avoid the law and that the laws dont apply to them
~FAQz~

Loqo
01-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Yes they do get treated diffrent. Just watch 'The Fabulous Life Of: Young Celebritys' on Mtv. They went to an 'Xbox 360 Launching Party' and just for going they got a free Xbox 360. And another party were they got Mobile Phones for free before they were even released. And Angelina Jolie got a free diamond encrusted pacifier worth 18,000 dollars because she was having a baby. Yes some do deserve to be celebritys because they do have talent but the majority just got lucky!

buttons
01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
CLEARLY NOT.
i was watching this documentary on victoria beckham who isn't even cool, and she got free stuff from d&c
it's like WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!? THAT IS SO RUDE!
cause she can afford it and shes getting it free.
i mean
*** on. I DESERVE FREE STUFF.
thanks .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RedStratocas
02-08-2007, 02:37 AM
CLEARLY NOT.
i was watching this documentary on victoria beckham who isn't even cool, and she got free stuff from d&c
it's like WHAT?!!?!?!?!?!? THAT IS SO RUDE!
cause she can afford it and shes getting it free.
i mean
*** on. I DESERVE FREE STUFF.
thanks .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

eh, but that's different. companies dont just give celebrities free stuff because they're cool, they give it to them for the publicity. "hey, if [celebritie's name here] has/wears [product] then i should get it too!" . its all advertising

buttons
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
eh, but that's different. companies dont just give celebrities free stuff because they're cool, they give it to them for the publicity. "hey, if [celebritie's name here] has/wears [product] then i should get it too!" . its all advertising

"OMG WOW LOOK THEIRS VICTORIA BECKHAM I BETTER GO WEAR WHAT SHE WEARING SO I CAN LOOK COOL COOL."

no soz whod do that? whyd u wanna dress like that trashy trolip tbh. -puke-

Technologic
02-08-2007, 01:52 PM
It's quite obvious they do not.. Look at Paris Hilton, she got bailed then put back in jail "for being ill" that wouldn't happen. Also, she got put ina private quite in the prison...

Fez
02-08-2007, 01:53 PM
It's quite obvious they do not.. Look at Paris Hilton, she got bailed then put back in jail "for being ill" that wouldn't happen. Also, she got put ina private quite in the prison...
I think that was actually her own publicity stunt.

Technologic
02-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Also, an ordinary person doesn't get asked for autographs all the time?

Frodo13.
13-08-2007, 01:26 PM
I think its unfair how people like Jacko get off on Child Abuse charges, but if that was a normal person, they would of locked them away and thrown away the key!

RedStratocas
13-08-2007, 04:18 PM
"OMG WOW LOOK THEIRS VICTORIA BECKHAM I BETTER GO WEAR WHAT SHE WEARING SO I CAN LOOK COOL COOL."

no soz whod do that? whyd u wanna dress like that trashy trolip tbh. -puke-

a lot more than you think :/ people want to dress like their favorite celebrities. dont even pretend like thats not true. if paris hilton is seen with a specific designer's shirt on, there will be many girls going out to buy stuff from that designer.

14-08-2007, 05:37 AM
No celebrity ever gets treated the same as other people. Donald Trump, one of the richest people in america, can get a free dinner at a 5 star resteraunt when he can afford to buy the whole place. That's not right, if someone like that was at my resteraunt I'd be expecting a multi-hundred dollar tip. But that's just me. Also if a celeb gets tried for murder *cough, O.J. Simpon - Ray Lewis* they can get away with it. But if I killed someone, pfft, I'd be screwed. xD

g
14-08-2007, 02:52 PM
they don't get treated the same,
Ages ago i saw a video or maybe it was on the tele and there was steve-o (offof jackass) and he was eating space cake (weed cake) and the cops were around the cornor he just saw the cops and the cops did'nt say anything exept from shake his hand and let him carry on eating the weed or smelling weed whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg_Jg8hVlg4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg_Jg8hVlg4)

proof pls.

RedStratocas
14-08-2007, 03:32 PM
No celebrity ever gets treated the same as other people. Donald Trump, one of the richest people in america, can get a free dinner at a 5 star resteraunt when he can afford to buy the whole place. That's not right, if someone like that was at my resteraunt I'd be expecting a multi-hundred dollar tip. But that's just me. Also if a celeb gets tried for murder *cough, O.J. Simpon - Ray Lewis* they can get away with it. But if I killed someone, pfft, I'd be screwed. xD

they give him free dinners for recognition. i dont think you quite understand why they do that. they dont do it just because he's a celebrity and he deserves it, they do it for their restaurant's recognition. people would love to eat at a place that donald trump eats at. if they give him a free dinner, he might come back. which would lead other people to come.

liquid
14-08-2007, 05:00 PM
the topic is a bit rubbish. it's plain to see they get treated differently to your average person. the question should be 'do celebrities deserve to be treated differently?' to which i'd answer - it depends what they're famous for.

YoManGo!
15-08-2007, 06:50 PM
no
ooo look i won the debate!!

CrazyColaist
16-08-2007, 01:07 PM
no and no

OMGitsaROSS
16-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Pointless argument, they get treated better than us end of. It is not right but they can afford the security etc, it's all to do with their jobs. A McDonalds worker gets free lunches @ McD, is he treated better than us? You could argue yes. It is the exact same thing. Benefits from the job. "/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!