PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle 1-1 Newcastle

Jamie!
21-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Aye, played them today in a pre-season game and drew 1-1 with them.

The result didn't justify the game though.. we controlled the game for 85min fairly comfortably. They put out their near enough starting XI too, Obafemi Martins, Kieron Dyer, Rozenthal, Steven Carr, Nobby Solano, Joey Barton etc all started.

Best part of the game though.. 1 of the 3 Toon fans that jumped over the hoardings trying to get at the Carlisle fans getting rugby tackled by a 20st steward built like a shithouse :D.

YellowParasol
22-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Not bad, we drew 0-0 at home to Liverpool Xl

CJW93
22-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Margate 2-2 Grays

wishing
22-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Luton beat some Norwegian team called Algarde 4-1. Paul Peschisolido got two on his debut :D

Jordie
22-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Luton beat some Norwegian team called Algarde 4-1. Paul Peschisolido got two on his debut :D

and langley scored a sweet free kick:O

Grainger@CUFC
22-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Aye, played them today in a pre-season game and drew 1-1 with them.

The result didn't justify the game though.. we controlled the game for 85min fairly comfortably. They put out their near enough starting XI too, Obafemi Martins, Kieron Dyer, Rozenthal, Steven Carr, Nobby Solano, Joey Barton etc all started.

Best part of the game though.. 1 of the 3 Toon fans that jumped over the hoardings trying to get at the Carlisle fans getting rugby tackled by a 20st steward built like a shithouse :D.

Couldn't have put it better myself. And the fact that Joey Barton broke a metatarsal and is now out for 6 weeks.

Brilliant header from Livesey and I never knew Bridge-Wilkinson could deliver free kicks like that :O. Our disallowed goal was offside, but I think if whoever it was left it, it might have gone in :(. Not taking anything away from Solano though. Excellent goal to cap off a really good game :).

All I can say now is: Bring on the 'Boro :8

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!