PDA

View Full Version : Man U Vs Inter Milan

Browney
02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Last night I went to Old Trafford to watch a friendly between Manchester United and Inter Milan. It was the champions of Italy vs Champions of England. Although there were hardly any Milan fans there, the Red Army turned out in force. 73,000 people turned up to watch the match, a record breaker for pre-season matches. If it came to a draw there would be no extra time, just go straight to Penalty Shoot out.

The atmosphere was pretty good. I was looking forward to a good match.

20 minutes in, Rooney scored the first goal. The crowd went wild. Manchester fans were delighted and spirits were running high. Then, a goal scored by Milan’s Suazo brought the spirits considerably down.

Then, as Inter was on the offensive, it appeared Evra was fouled but play continued, resulting in a controversial second goal for Milan and the first of the match for Swedish striker, Ibrahimovic.

34 minutes in, some excellent play between Ibrahimovic and Figo fed the ball perfectly into Suazo resulting in Suazo’s second goal this match. The score at half time was Manchester trailing 3-1.

Then a stroke of luck happened. A cross from Ronaldo bounded of Brazillian Adraino’s head to score an own goal. Laughter erupted in the stadium and the disheartened atmosphere suddenly lifted.

The second half was dominated by excellent play by Manchester. A couple of close calls made the last minutes a nail biter right to the end.

Then some sloppy control of the balls as a streaker ran on the pitch. The crowd watched as the man was tackled to the ground hard. Seeing this, the referee reached into his pocket and gave the streaker a red card as he was being walked off the pitch.

There was a couple more close calls for Manchester but the finish wasn’t quite there. The match ended 3-2 to Milan.

All of Sir Alex’s summer signings were missing due to injuries, so Anderson, Nani and Hargreaves were watching from the crowd. Although Fergie got some criticism for not subbing any players during the match, it was an excellent game of football but a disappointing result.

ShaneIsMe
02-08-2007, 10:46 AM
good report!

sock
02-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Lol, I was gunna go, tickets were only a fiver wern't they?

Browney
02-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Yeah, damn cheap. :8

Forgot to mention I was my first proper match. I've been to a manchester U 21 match before.

Edit: oh and there was no executives there so we got the padded seats. :D

:Hazel
02-08-2007, 11:55 AM
thats a really impressive crowd for a pre-season friendly.

Jamie!
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
I was gunna go for the crack like, but the last train left at 21:20 so we would have missed it.

Sounded as if it was a fairly good match.

Browney
02-08-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah it was. Like I said, it was closer and a better half second.

CJW93
03-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Last season in pre season to old trafford to atch Man Utd V Sevilla for £5

Antallica
03-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Im glad Man.utd lost.

Jordie
03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
sounded like a good game...

Browney
03-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Im glad Man.utd lost.

May I ask why?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!