PDA

View Full Version : Rare river dolphin 'now extinct'

Mr.Sam
08-08-2007, 09:27 AM
A freshwater dolphin found only in China is now "likely to be extinct", a team of scientists has concluded.

The researchers failed to spot any Yangtze river dolphins, also known as baijis, during an extensive six-week survey of the mammals' habitat.
The team, writing in Biology Letters journal, blamed unregulated fishing as the main reason behind their demise.
If confirmed, it would be the first extinction of a large vertebrate for over 50 years.
The World Conservation Union's Red List of Threaten Species currently classifies the creature as "critically endangered".
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifhttp://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img/v3/start_quote_rb.gif We have yet to take full responsibility in our role as guardians of the planet http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/img/v3/end_quote_rb.gif

Dr Sam Turvey,
Zoological Society of London

Sam Turvey of the Zoological Society of London (ZSL), one of the paper's co-authors, described the findings as a "shocking tragedy".
"The Yangtze river dolphin was a remarkable mammal that separated from all other species over 20 million years ago," Dr Turvey explained.
"This extinction represents the disappearance of a complete branch of the evolutionary tree of life and emphasises that we have yet to take full responsibility in our role as guardians of the planet."
If confirmed, it would be the first extinction of a large vertebrate for over 50 years.
'Incidental impact'
The species (Lipotes vexillifer) was the only remaining member of the Lipotidae, an ancient mammal family that is understood to have separated from other marine mammals, including whales, dolphins and porpoises, about 40-20 million years ago.
The white, freshwater dolphin had a long, narrow beak and low dorsal fin; lived in groups of three or four and fed on fish.
The team carried out six-week visual and acoustic survey, using two research vessels, in November and December 2006.
"While it is conceivable that a couple of surviving individuals were missed by the survey teams," the team wrote, "our inability to detect any baiji despite this intensive search effort indicates that the prospect of finding and translocating them to a [reserve] has all but vanished."
The scientists added that there were a number of human activities that caused baiji numbers to decline, including construction of dams and boat collisions.
"However, the primary factor was probably unsustainable by-catch in local fisheries, which used rolling hooks, nets and electrofishing," they suggested. "Unlike most historical-era extinctions of large bodied animals, the baiji was the victim not of active persecution but incidental mortality resulting from massive-scale human environmental impacts - primarily uncontrolled and unselective fishing," the researchers concluded.

-:Undertaker:-
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Some idiotic scienctists are blaming it on the Global Warming rubbish, it'll probably still be alive, just like they have found other animals that were thought to be dead but were infact still alive.

GommeInc
08-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Some idiotic scienctists are blaming it on the Global Warming rubbish, it'll probably still be alive, just like they have found other animals that were thought to be dead but were infact still alive.
I didn't see that bit? I thought they were talking about Humans going crazy with fishing, building etc.

http://csiwhalesalive.org/LvWangDingAbove09.jpg

That is what a Baiji looks like.

08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I didn't see that bit? I thought they were talking about Humans going crazy with fishing, building etc.

http://csiwhalesalive.org/LvWangDingAbove09.jpg

That is what a Baiji looks like.

I heard the Global Warming bit on BBC News, doesn't mention it on this article.

GommeInc
08-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Ah I see. How did Global Warming use fishing nets to kill them off? Jeez, some people have been absorbed by false news on global warming "/

Antony
08-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Ah I see. How did Global Warming use fishing nets to kill them off? Jeez, some people have been absorbed by false news on global warming "/

Lmao I agree.

08-08-2007, 07:52 PM

Well I just really get frustrated when there's some idiot from Friends of the Earth on the news telling us to stop driving, or what is even more infuriating is being told by Al Gore to stop flying when he flys around the clock, there's money to be made in this Global Warming lie, and they're going to make a hell of a lot by the way people are being brainwashed by the lies, just like America was tricked into the Afgan invasion and the Iraqi invasion.

Virgin Mary
08-08-2007, 11:00 PM
It was probably Canadians.

Colin-Roberts
09-08-2007, 12:48 AM
It was probably Canadians. uh i take offence to that. We may worry about global warming but it's not our scientists that are making all these stupid theories up.

Virgin Mary
09-08-2007, 01:50 AM
uh i take offence to that. We may worry about global warming but it's not our scientists that are making all these stupid theories up.
You fish and kill everything ;l

Mr.Sam
09-08-2007, 11:04 AM
BBC News said there were 17 5 years ago and nothing was done and most ended getting killed for food or caught in fishing nets by accident.

I heard the Global Warming bit on BBC News, doesn't mention it on this article.

Ezzie.
09-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm so angry by this.. seriously.. when are human's going to finally wake up and see that we're the smartest on the planet, so instead of killing it, why not help and conserve the planet?

Undertaker.. you're so misinformed.. it's funny..

30 years and counting till polar bears are extinct from global warming :) <3 so beautiful isn't it? While we have complete idiots saying global warming is a fake there's probably a polar bear out there now drowning out of exhaustion.

:Hazel
09-08-2007, 11:43 AM
read this on MSN, they arent classified as officially extinct until they haven't found one for 50 years.

Colin-Roberts
09-08-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm so angry by this.. seriously.. when are human's going to finally wake up and see that we're the smartest on the planet, so instead of killing it, why not help and conserve the planet?

30 years and counting till polar bears are extinct from global warming :) <3 so beautiful isn't it? While we have complete idiots saying global warming is a fake there's probably a polar bear out there now drowning out of exhaustion.
i highly doubt polar bears will ever be extinct aslong as theres some in zoo's around the world they'll be polar bears.

Edit: and big deal canadians fish of our coasts , we also restock alot of our lakes ect every year & this fish was from china , i'm sure canadians went fishing in china ....

Ezzie.
09-08-2007, 12:34 PM
i highly doubt polar bears will ever be extinct aslong as theres some in zoo's around the world they'll be polar bears.

Edit: and big deal canadians fish of our coasts , we also restock alot of our lakes ect every year & this fish was from china , i'm sure canadians went fishing in china ....

You're so naive.. the only place polar bears exist is in zoos.. ? sorry.. don't you find something wrong with that sentence..

and you can't "restock the lakes/oceans" .. takes a little more than that tO repair what we've done.

also it's not a fish it's a mammal.

Mr.Sam
09-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I have no idea where someone blamed the canadians - By re-stocking i guess you mean leaving the area to mature for a while and then refish?

also the extinction is down to Man kind not doing anything.
And so what if you can keep animals in zoos to keep them populated thats not their natural habit.

09-08-2007, 12:48 PM

Actually many people think Global Warming is complete trash, it's so funny that you and others think just because the temperture is changing slightly this time, it means it's us.

It's happened MILLIONS of times, get this into your heads.

Colin-Roberts
09-08-2007, 02:08 PM
sort off sam we actaully put fish back into the rivers ect that we had breed in fish breeding places and atleast if theres some in zoo's we can breed them and reintroduce them to the wild like there doing in africa with some animals.

Ezzie.
09-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Actually many people think Global Warming is complete trash, it's so funny that you and others think just because the temperture is changing slightly this time, it means it's us.

It's happened MILLIONS of times, get this into your heads.
Global warming has happened millions of times? :rolleyes: Global heating and cooling yes has happened many times, but what you can't seem to get into your head is that we're the ones causing it or speeding it up, the temperature is changing rapidly, ice caps are melting RAPIDLY- polar bears are about 300,000 years old, according to your theory then as so many "global warmings" have occurred, then why are the polar bears still around? They're dieing off very fast due to the melting ice but could you explain how they got past extinction last time when this time round extinction is highly probably if we don't act?

sort off sam we actaully put fish back into the rivers ect that we had breed in fish breeding places and atleast if theres some in zoo's we can breed them and reintroduce them to the wild like there doing in africa with some animals.

No sorry. we can introduce so many fish back into rivers and lakes but that's nowhere enough to satisfy a greedy world like we live in, we'd also have to account for every single species of fish in the ocean that we've wiped out/nearly wiped out etc etc.

Plus how can a polar bear be reintroduced to the wild when.. there's no place for it go?

Colin-Roberts
09-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Temperatures in western Hudson Bay have been steadily rising 0.3 to 0.4 degrees every decade since 1950. i don't call that rapidly rising.

No-one can say either whether it is a trend that will continue to worsen, or a natural cycle that will eventually be reversed

Roboevil
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Why should anyone care that some dolphin has died? And why on this planet should we, as a human race, care about it? Or at least why should we take any responsibility for what's happened or what we've done? No one's going to care if the planet's been damaged except us. So basically we're in an endless time loop of caring about something we shouldn't.
Okay, if the planet is going to be destroyed, then I suppose we should protect and conserve it as much as we can until we've developed the technology to move to another planet.

Virgin Mary
09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Why don't the scientists just throw some rocks into some water and make a primordial soup then wait for more animals to evolve, apparently that is what happens.

Ezzie.
09-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Why should anyone care that some dolphin has died? And why on this planet should we, as a human race, care about it? Or at least why should we take any responsibility for what's happened or what we've done? No one's going to care if the planet's been damaged except us. So basically we're in an endless time loop of caring about something we shouldn't.
Okay, if the planet is going to be destroyed, then I suppose we should protect and conserve it as much as we can until we've developed the technology to move to another planet.

This planet is our HOME, "just some dolphin" is a whole species that broke off from the original dolphin/whale/porpoise evolutionary family 20million years ago- so they're a very special species to have managed to do that.

Btw did you learn when you were little to take responsibility for your actions? We're not seeming to are we...? So by your logic we shouldn't care if we're destroying the world and destroying the oceans, destroying the rainforests, destroying the fish, the dolphins, the mountain gorillas, the polar bears? Humans aren't the only species on this planet and i think it's damn selfish to say "oh it's only us who'll care" as there's a multitude of animals/insects/fish that are all living.

Also it's sort of idiotic to base your "don't give a ****" attitude on a spacecraft able to transfer millions of people to a planet we haven't found yet?

If this is what the next generation thinks about the world then i'm just going to go hop off a cliff right now :rolleyes:

velocity
09-08-2007, 06:58 PM
every post you make on the subject of global warming makes you look pathetic. seriously you fail at backing up whatever your statement may be?

global warming is basically (and more obviously) a term for the planet heating up, this happens on a daily basis anyway regardless of c02 levels. its normal. however, the planet does go through phases were an 'ice age' would occur. yes your right, this has happened to the planet on numerous occasions - but the scientists are more concerned about how were making it come around faster.

yes, it happens every so often, however with the technological advances in the world today; has therefore forced us into speeding up this process with remitting more methane and carbon into the atmosphere. in other words, its bound to happen and we cant stop it, we just speed it up.

& if your so sure its a lie, go on. prove it to me.

FlyingJesus
09-08-2007, 09:38 PM
"just some dolphin" is a whole species that broke off from the original dolphin/whale/porpoise evolutionary family 20million years ago- so they're a very special species to have managed to do that.

Can't be that good if they're dead.

hobo
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Can't be that good if they're dead.

LOL!

tbh i'm with roboevil.
who cares?!

Ezzie.
09-08-2007, 10:10 PM
you try escaping huge fishing nets, oil polluting your home etc etc?

Virgin Mary
09-08-2007, 10:10 PM
But then why care about anything? If humans die, oh well. Why put Madeleine Mcwhatevers face over every newspaper? She isn't our child, she isn't our problem.

GommeInc
10-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Global warming has happened millions of times? :rolleyes: Global heating and cooling yes has happened many times, but what you can't seem to get into your head is that we're the ones causing it or speeding it up, the temperature is changing rapidly, ice caps are melting RAPIDLY
I don't think he needs to argue with you, you have already made a stupid comment in the quote I have of you from above. You say we are not causing yet, because global warming and cooling is a global issue, yet you seem to also think we're also causing it, as in, global warming would not be happening. The fact there is no proof as to humans actually speeding it up is another matter. It is actually healtheir for the environment if you drive to the shops instead of walk, because the food you have eaten has probably caused more pollution than the car you are driving in has ever done in a week. If you eat beef, then well, cows are one of the biggest culprits to global warming and if you eat fruit or veg, then that fruit or veg most likely has come from another country e.g. New Zealand.

- polar bears are about 300,000 years old, according to your theory then as so many "global warmings" have occurred, then why are the polar bears still around? They're dieing off very fast due to the melting ice but could you explain how they got past extinction last time when this time round extinction is highly probably if we don't act?
Who is to say that polar bears didn't simply survive global warming the last time? Were you there? No. Did polar bears even exist before or during the last global warming era? The last global effect as far as I am aware was the Ice Age, which a polar bear is built to withstand, unless it is a pretty rubbish species.

Long story short, creatures become extinct, and a polar bear is in the long run nothing to care about. It means nothing to this planet, other than something seen in zoos, post cards, cartoons. I don't see polar bears solving their problems and they're pretty dense creatures anyway, considering one swam 50 miles and decided to attack a group of walrus' only to lose the fight and crawl on a rock and just die. They're hardly smart animals "/

The same goes with the dolphin, sure they're clever in comparison, but they mean nothing in the long run, they solve nothing or do anything for the planet, other than a food source for the species higher up in the food chain or a dumb animal that likes to get caught. That's life, live with it.

No sorry. we can introduce so many fish back into rivers and lakes but that's nowhere enough to satisfy a greedy world like we live in, we'd also have to account for every single species of fish in the ocean that we've wiped out/nearly wiped out etc etc.
So what do you suggest the planet does to save it? Not re-populate the lakes, oceans, sea and rivers? Oh well, at least they tried "/ And also, we cannot bring back extinct animals, so that last comment was utter rubbish and stupidly added for no reason what so ever. I shall try bringing back the Wooly Mammoth now :D

Plus how can a polar bear be reintroduced to the wild when.. there's no place for it go?
Then keep it in zoos or sanctuaries. You seem to dislike polar bears if you do not wish to help them. Your idea is let them die and blame others, rather than try something to help them.

But then why care about anything? If humans die, oh well. Why put Madeleine Mcwhatevers face over every newspaper? She isn't our child, she isn't our problem.
Isn't it a natural feeling to care about your own species first, than other species?

Virgin Mary
10-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Isn't it a natural feeling to care about your own species first, than other species?
Simply, no.

reindeer.
10-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Global Warming is a load of bull.
It's an excuse to put fuel prices up, charge us more tax on our bins (ie. putting chips in them to check how much rubbish we put in), charge us more tax on anything else they can think of, and what's more, we're not even causing it.
It's natural and the planet is in a cycle - the ice age isn't over until all the snow is gone.

FlyingJesus
10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Simply, no.

I usually agree with you about stuff but not this. It's definitely natural to care more for your own kind than another species.

hobo
10-08-2007, 10:44 AM
you try escaping huge fishing nets, oil polluting your home etc etc?

i don't think i need to worry about that :D

It's an excuse to put fuel prices up, charge us more tax on our bins (ie. putting chips in them to check how much rubbish we put in), charge us more tax on anything else they can think of, and what's more, we're not even causing it.
It's natural and the planet is in a cycle - the ice age isn't over until all the snow is gone.

yeah global warming is normal but the fuel prices has nothing to do with that, it's because our finite resources are running out.. i think.

FlyingJesus
10-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Every time you post here it makes the title look like "delicious river dolphin"

velocity
10-08-2007, 05:37 PM
can you read, or are you just stupid?

In reply to your points, fuel prices are up due to a high demand and slowly decresing supplies. Also, rubbish has nothing to do with global warming whatsoever, thats only because we have nowhere to put it all? Yeah, we may not be causing all of it. we're speeding up the process of that 'natural cycle' of yours.

Virgin Mary
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I usually agree with you about stuff but not this. It's definitely natural to care more for your own kind than another species.
I mean the extinction of a species will have a greater impact in the long run than the death of a single human, unless they were going to become Einstein or something.

Ezzie.
10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't think he needs to argue with you, you have already made a stupid comment in the quote I have of you from above. You say we are not causing yet, because global warming and cooling is a global issue, yet you seem to also think we're also causing it, as in, global warming would not be happening.

Erm? Have you discovered logic yet? Apparently not.. anyways: what i'm saying is that some parts i agree with undertaker- global warming/cooling HAPPENS, but we are speeding it up/making it alot worse with all the pollutants we're putting into the atmosphere.

The fact there is no proof as to humans actually speeding it up is another matter. It is actually healtheir for the environment if you drive to the shops instead of walk, because the food you have eaten has probably caused more pollution than the car you are driving in has ever done in a week.
err...yeah.. so if everybody all quit walking - more congestion, more milage, more oil used up, also did you factor in the making of the cars?

If you eat beef, then well, cows are one of the biggest culprits to global warming
Go vegetarian? :):eusa_whis

and if you eat fruit or veg, then that fruit or veg most likely has come from another country e.g. New Zealand.
Easy solution. Buy local produce and don't buy from supermarkets if you want to lower the carbon footprint

Who is to say that polar bears didn't simply survive global warming the last time? Were you there? No. Did polar bears even exist before or during the last global warming era? The last global effect as far as I am aware was the Ice Age, which a polar bear is built to withstand, unless it is a pretty rubbish species.

But it's a thing to think about, learning from how animals survived a "global warming" (if one happened, there were ice ages so it's likely that the world heated up? it depends how much though) and an ice age could help us.

Long story short, creatures become extinct, and a polar bear is in the long run nothing to care about. It means nothing to this planet, other than something seen in zoos, post cards, cartoons. I don't see polar bears solving their problems and they're pretty dense creatures anyway, considering one swam 50 miles and decided to attack a group of walrus' only to lose the fight and crawl on a rock and just die. They're hardly smart animals "/

Erm.. you clearly haven't learned about an ecosystem have you? Even if you remove a species of insect, it could have huge impacts on the enviroments ecosystem, wiping out many species.

The same goes with the dolphin, sure they're clever in comparison, but they mean nothing in the long run, they solve nothing or do anything for the planet, other than a food source for the species higher up in the food chain or a dumb animal that likes to get caught. That's life, live with it. again read up on ecosystems , removing a predators source of food could again wipe out that species, so even more species, is it just me or would you happily have a world where only humans lived and we all lived in a glass box with no trees, no animals?

So what do you suggest the planet does to save it? Not re-populate the lakes, oceans, sea and rivers? Oh well, at least they tried "/ And also, we cannot bring back extinct animals, so that last comment was utter rubbish and stupidly added for no reason what so ever. I shall try bringing back the Wooly Mammoth now :D

I never said bring back extinct animals, near extinct animals yes, i thought you'd have enough common sense to make that assumption..

and repopulating lakes and rivers wouldnt be incredibly hard.. but try restocking an ocean which is the main supply of fish..

Then keep it in zoos or sanctuaries. You seem to dislike polar bears if you do not wish to help them. Your idea is let them die and blame others, rather than try something to help them.

I dislike polar bears if i do not wish to help them? erm.. what? have you missed what i've been typing?
Also if it's any news for you one of my main objectives is to help with conservation of animals when i'm older :rolleyes:

yes i suppose, but when whole species are being wiped out and we're the primary cause of it then we should give a damn about them, we should give a damn about them anyway as we're all living on this planet, if a more "advanced" alien species landed on our planet and treated us like we treat animals just because "we're not as intelligent as them so what should they care"?

GommeInc
10-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Erm? Have you discovered logic yet? Apparently not.. anyways: what i'm saying is that some parts i agree with undertaker- global warming/cooling HAPPENS, but we are speeding it up/making it alot worse with all the pollutants we're putting into the atmosphere.
Yes, and it is logical to accept Global Warming does and will happen and what you said was illogical becuase you conflicted your arguments, suggesting global warming is caused by us yet you say it isn't at the same time. Jeez, you're so mentally deluded that you seem to act violent to get your point across, where it leaves you making daft comments "/

There is one type of global warming, called GLOBAL WARMING. The pollutants are only slightly adding to it and suggesting we stop driving, cows farting etc won't stop it happening. Most of the gases/pollutants going in the air are in fact coming from natural sources. The major culprit is already mentioned.

err...yeah.. so if everybody all quit walking - more congestion, more milage, more oil used up, also did you factor in the making of the cars?
Did you add to the fact that planes cost the environment more to build? They use more oil than cars? Use up way more milage than cars? The congestion is the only down point and I am not suggesting you actually do start driving than walking, it was an example. Fool. Local produce and relying on it is impossible.

Go vegetarian? :):eusa_whis
No thank you, I like meat and you are suggesting we lets cows just die and leave it at that. I and many other people could eat it so it doesn't go to waste "/

Easy solution. Buy local produce and don't buy from supermarkets if you want to lower the carbon footprint
Again, impossible. Strawberries would only be on shelves for a week because there is a large demand nowadays, thus we ship them in from other countries. Bananas aren't easy to grow in the UK unless you waste land by making green house like warehouses.

But it's a thing to think about, learning from how animals survived a "global warming" (if one happened, there were ice ages so it's likely that the world heated up? it depends how much though) and an ice age could help us.
We're humans, we are pretty much set for global warming, other than the people living close the sea. You never know, polar bears may evolve into some naked bear. Imagine Mr. Bigglesworth from Austin Powers but in bear form.

Erm.. you clearly haven't learned about an ecosystem have you? Even if you remove a species of insect, it could have huge impacts on the enviroments ecosystem, wiping out many species.
Actually I have, because wiping out one insect actually means nothing. One species can rely upon another food source. For example, a Red Tail hawk comes from America, and relied on eating rodents. How comes my brothers ones eat chicks? That isn't a natural diet "/ So for example, a soon to be extinct frog has a type of fly removed from it's diet, it could eat a different type of fly/insect.

Another example you may know of is lions in zoos, they eat Antelope in the wild yet they eat beef or food donated from super markets.

again read up on ecosystems , removing a predators source of food could again wipe out that species, so even more species, is it just me or would you happily have a world where only humans lived and we all lived in a glass box with no trees, no animals?
And you should look further into it, they are capable of finding another food source. The dolphin was hunted by man, they can eat different types of animal or go towards plants etc. You seem to believe animals reply on just one food source "/

I never said bring back extinct animals, near extinct animals yes, i thought you'd have enough common sense to make that assumption..
So why say "we'd also have to account for every single species of fish in the ocean that we've wiped out/nearly wiped out etc etc." What was the point putting 'wiped out' in there "/

and repopulating lakes and rivers wouldnt be incredibly hard.. but try restocking an ocean which is the main supply of fish..
Since when was there 1 fish per square foot in the ocean?! To re-populate the oceans of fish, you introduce them to one area, now each and every square foot of the ocean. Jeez.

I dislike polar bears if i do not wish to help them? erm.. what? have you missed what i've been typing?
Also if it's any news for you one of my main objectives is to help with conservation of animals when i'm older :rolleyes:
Because you seem to think an animal must live in its habitat or die trying. Zoos and sanctuarys cater for issues with natural habitats, by making a new one or grabbing ideas for its current habitat. Barn Owls are rare, yet Suffolk Owl Sanctuary makes them happy and gives them a place to live, by making averies that make them feel like they are in a barn, which is one of the major places they like to live in.

If you do not know about sanctuaries, I suggest you stop your dream of helping animals out in the future, now.

yes i suppose, but when whole species are being wiped out and we're the primary cause of it then we should give a damn about them, we should give a damn about them anyway as we're all living on this planet, if a more "advanced" alien species landed on our planet and treated us like we treat animals just because "we're not as intelligent as them so what should they care"?
Again, we're not the primary cause, we're just aiding it speeding up. It is a natural cause for the planet to heat up thus changing the surroundings of animals. The only time we're numer one cause is when we physically go to a habitat and destroy it, like cutting down whole forests. Driving a car and cutting down a tree with eggs in are totally different.

Heck, if we can't look after ourselves, why bother? If aliens are intent on ruining our lives, that is again different than driving a car or going on a tour around the world using planes. We're not randomly going up to sheep and kicking them now, are we?

Eye!
11-08-2007, 02:20 AM
You fish and kill everything ;l
Thats quite sterotypical of canadians. You can't say we all fish and kill everything. I do agree that some of the coastline provinces do but thats how they make money, you can't just blame it on other countries, especially when the stuff coming from you is false, seeing as this dolphin lives in china, and canada, shockingly, isn't in china

Mark-Face
11-08-2007, 06:16 AM

Actually, global warming has been proven. It's just more of a fact that they are hyping it up with the media.

It's an excuse to put fuel prices up

You might be thinking the Iraq war.

CrazyColaist
15-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Shame...

vicious
18-08-2007, 10:44 PM
i don't call that rapidly rising.

hmm, i call it rapidly rising.

Chickenblob
30-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Sorry for the bump, but just to imform you that they have found a one in the Yangtze river soooooo.. its not extinct basically. :)

Mr.Sam
30-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the information ^_^
i found a bbc article about it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6969226.stm
Sorry for the bump, but just to imform you that they have found a one in the Yangtze river soooooo.. its not extinct basically. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!