PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Test - India vs England

Soil
08-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Who will win? Will England loose a test series at home? The last time they lost a home series was in 2001 - Ashes.

I hope it isnt a draw.
India ftw.

Smiddy
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah a draw would just be the icing on some humble pie.

I want it to be a close victory for England, I don't like it when a team dominates the other.

Soil
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Yeah a draw would just be the icing on some humble pie.

I want it to be a close victory for England, I don't like it when a team dominates the other.

I do if its India winning xD Although, close victories are great.

Soil
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
lol@England doing ... sooo ... crap.

Booo at the umpires.

Smiddy
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm actually not at all surprised at this score..

You have to admit, Sidebottom has been unlucky against India.

Well done to Kumble though, great knock. And Sreesanth lolol, I wanted to see him swing his bat again :')

Soil
11-08-2007, 12:23 AM
These umpires need to be shot. They are terrible. That england player was clearly lbw.
And if England wants to win any matches in the future, then please get rid of Prior. Second highest byes ever.

Smiddy
11-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Some of the byes, I'll admit, he couldn't get too. But yeah he needs to improve alot, which happens over time. But I reckon he should use County cricket for that, not bloomin international cricket!

And typical Strauss out nice and early.

I don't reckon India will make us follow-on for some reason :S

Soil
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
India will ;) England need atleast 495 to avod follow on. Getting England to follow on is the only way India can win ... otherwise it will most likely be a draw.

Smiddy
11-08-2007, 08:11 PM
3 Half centuries.. definitely not enough.

What was Vaughan upto? :S And Prior's get just keeps getting worse.

Still a good 100 runs behind Follow-on total, only Panesar and Tremlett at the crease.. I don't like our chances at all :)

danny-dyer
12-08-2007, 09:18 AM
lol dont think england are gona get the folow up -_-

Smiddy
12-08-2007, 08:19 PM
WAYHEY! What did I say Saurav, didn't follow-on :8 What a bad decision that was.. they played bad in second innings (minus laxman and ganguly)

And blimey, we ain't lost no wickets yet, very slim chance still :o

Soil
12-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I doubt England will win unless they start playing this like a ODI. England are in a "do or die" situation. India's choice not to follow-on was good and bad.

If they followed on, they could have won by an innings. Also, it would have put England under pressure having to follow-on.

And not choosing follow-on was a good decision as its very hard to bat on that pitch on day 5. I dont think India wanted to bat on day 5 if they had to. But well dont to England for doing so well today. If India dont get early wickets, they will get very nervous.

Smiddy
12-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't be that scared, cook and strauss have never had a 100 run partnership..

prior is underpreforming

and i'm not sure is sidebottom will bat

we need 5 runs per over to win. highly unlikely but we do have players capable of doing it!

Soil
12-08-2007, 11:03 PM
I hate it when people go "Prior is great. A century on his test debut!" Grr, that was against West Indies ... who are crap.

And the 100 partnership is still possible, just like Kumbles 100 :p If England do some how manage to win, the public wont be too happy with Dravid and the team.

Smiddy
12-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I hate it when people go "Prior is great. A century on his test debut!" Grr, that was against West Indies ... who are crap.

And the 100 partnership is still possible, just like Kumbles 100 :p If England do some how manage to win, the public wont be too happy with Dravid and the team.
They aren't that bad, at ODI's.. Tests they are pretty rubbish though yeah. It's not the batsmen that matters to me, it's the wicketkeepr :@

yeah it is still possibly, but they always do rubbish after sessions restart.

and no they won't hahaha.

Soil
12-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I always thought England were better at tests than ODI's.

I dont think India need a coach. Ever since the coach resigned, India are doing really well. They even beat South Africa xD Now the BCCI is actually considering whether or not they should get a coach. They have like 3 ex-Indian players training them atm (I think).

Smiddy
13-08-2007, 12:04 AM
I always thought England were better at tests than ODI's.

I dont think India need a coach. Ever since the coach resigned, India are doing really well. They even beat South Africa xD Now the BCCI is actually considering whether or not they should get a coach. They have like 3 ex-Indian players training them atm (I think).
Sorry I should of started a new paragraph, England are better at tests, but WI are better at ODI's.

And yeah I do agree with you there, India do look pretty well organised, but what will happen when the middle 4 eventually retire? (please be soon)..

Soil
13-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Even though tendulkar said he will be gone before the next world cup, I dont think he will. He will want to leave with pride and in the last world cup, he did crap. I think he will resign straight after the next world cup.

When Dravid, Ganguly and Tendulkar resign, India will go downhill for a while. They will need more and better batsmen. Tbh, those three didnt really perform much earlier this year.
Yuvraj Sign and Dhoni are good.

Smiddy
13-08-2007, 02:23 AM
Singh is very good, I'm surprised he hasn't been brought in yet, possibly for Dravid, since he hasn't preformed so well this series.
I think Dravid or Laxman will be the first to leave.. Tendulkar is wanting to make his records unbreakable.
How old is Tendulkar now? 36? India return to England in 2011, Bumble and Nasser were saying he'd only be 38 then, the donuts... he'll do a Lara then possibly leave to that new ICP company, or whatever it is, that a fair few former internationals are going to, possibly Inzamam ul-haq!

Soil
13-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Indian Cricket League - ICL
Grr, India didnt bowl too good today.

OMGitsaROSS
13-08-2007, 05:15 PM
India made us follow on, thus ruining their chances of a win.

Soil
13-08-2007, 06:22 PM
India made us follow on, thus ruining their chances of a win.

India didnt make England follow on?

Smiddy
13-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Indian Cricket League - ICL
Grr, India didnt bowl too good today.
Yes! That's the 1 :)

I think they bowled pretty well, they just had a day like England did on the first, fairly economical, but unable to get wickets.

and rofl, what you on boro, they didn't enforce the follow-on.

Who got India's man of the series? I think I saw Anderson pick up England's.. surprised England even had 1 :P

Soil
13-08-2007, 09:00 PM
India should have bowled better. It was a great pitch for bowling. Zaheer Khan got India's Man of the series. Now cant wait till the one days. Grr one of them is on GCSE results day.

Smiddy
13-08-2007, 09:51 PM
How on earth did Kumble not get good spin :S

Ah yes, well deserved for Zaheer, he bowled superb most of the series.

lol now time for the 7-0 drubbing in the ODI's..

Wonder why they didn't do any 20/20 matches :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!