PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] New trade scam

Incher
19-08-2004, 04:17 AM
I dunno if anyone posted but I know (name) does this.
He has a rare and says offer me...so they offer retail
U put the rare in then he puts his in and auto-cancels
He says o too slow, u gotta agree rite away,
so u put ur offer and he puts a 1 cred likely same color
u agree rite away and boom a z shelf for ur hcs!

ShadowSam19
19-08-2004, 03:41 PM
yea, i believe there was a post on this...this scam has been on coke for awhile, or atleast ive only seen it there...all you have know is that if they want to play a game or say ur too slo or say they have a glitche, its a scam

wishkah
19-08-2004, 04:17 PM
ye, sounds nasty, but im now quite aware and dont get scammed, i dont think many ppl wud fall for that
but i no ur gona be shat on for putting a name, so sedit it out b4 mr moderator pics up on it

@K
19-08-2004, 08:01 PM
No offense but you gotta be pretty dumb to fall for it if he cancels and says your too slow.

Neptune
19-08-2004, 09:02 PM
the same thing happened to me but i forgot his name it was a long time ago.. he said his computer was messed up, whenever he put a furni in the box it would cancel. it started to get suspicious so he put in a z shelf but my reflexes are too slow so i saw the z stand before i agreed :)

wishkah
19-08-2004, 10:19 PM
too true, no avioding the point, ur an idiot

Arcanum
20-08-2004, 03:25 AM
Hey guys lol, I have to say, I was chuckling when I read it. How could you believe him when he said 'oh, too slow mate' lol.

Oh and please don't mention names in this forum and don't swear please :)

Fireswords
22-08-2004, 12:34 AM
Ha! You would have to be REALLY dumb to fall for that lmao!

ShadowSam19
22-08-2004, 04:33 AM
No you wouldnt, give him a break, i fell for it on Coke and im Sure many other people have. Most of the time ive seen or heard the scam being done they say lets play a game, and they are making such a good deal that you humor them and play along, cuz u want the good deal. If your not expecting it, then you have no chance if your playing along the righ way, cause they say too slow and eventually when ur doing it as fast as u can they just chenge it out of the blue, and whammoo...On coke sum1 chnged it from a Gong to a Cd Disk, and since they are both circualr, then i had no idea until i checked my bag. :eusa_wall

Moose
22-08-2004, 04:40 AM
I dunno if anyone posted but I know (name) does this.
He has a rare and says offer me...so they offer retail
U put the rare in then he puts his in and auto-cancels
He says o too slow, u gotta agree rite away,
so u put ur offer and he puts a 1 cred likely same color
u agree rite away and boom a z shelf for ur hcs!

YES THAT HAPPEN TO ME but he said agree quickly and i did he agreed and i lost 4 hc sofas, oh btw the person who did that to me goes on this forum just for ur info...

Arcanum
24-08-2004, 04:03 AM
YES THAT HAPPEN TO ME but he said agree quickly and i did he agreed and i lost 4 hc sofas, oh btw the person who did that to me goes on this forum just for ur info...

Interesting :p I guess it would be possible to fall for this, so I do thankyou for making other habbos aware... the scams habbos come up with, it's like they sit at their computer thinking up new scams... :s Who would do that?

Incher
25-08-2004, 08:36 AM
I used to lol like its kinda easy to fool pple

-Soro-
25-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Again, I think it's common sense to know that if someone was doing that to you it was going to be something dodgy... It's not clever, a scam is a scam and I'm sure there is thousands of them.

FateIsTheKey
25-08-2004, 10:29 AM
I would prob just get annoyed and say no deal then lol

ADVICE: IF SOMEONE ATTEMPTS TO DO IT SAY GO GET A BETTER COMP :P

Incher
26-08-2004, 05:35 AM
lol ya they dont even agree when they put rel in they just hit cancel well THEY AGREE ON THE 1 CRED AND IT DOESNT DIRECT CANCEL

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!