PDA

View Full Version : And it's goodbye from me

2hd.
19-08-2007, 04:10 PM
How I intend to write this I'm not sure. There's things I definetly want to cover, and so I guess I can only do them section by section. I'd rather get across what I want to say and make it look crap than create some type of short story and miss out half the stuff I want to include.

Pretty soon (I hope to have my permissions removed on Wednesday) I'll be leaving Habbox as Competitions Manager.

Habbox has got to a point where it's no longer fun. To anyone reading this, take a step back and ask yourself, are you enjoying this or are you just bending over backwards for anyone who asks you to. There was a time, when it wasn't all about the work and who to 'respect'.

SS
In one of the latest pm's I recieved with information about the upcoming Summer Sensation (which I think is now called Summer Spectacular, probably because the first one sounded like the title of a dirty movie) there was a whole section based entirely on 'hierachy'. I can't figure out whether the person who wrote it was just trying to push their head up their own backside another six inches, or trying to justify some sort of thought in their head that others actually looked up to them. I found it also interesting that I wasn't put up to be an 'executive co-ordinator' (not that I give a toss) even though this seemed to be a competition (or series of competitions). I wasn't even consulted on the idea.

The day that nvrspk4 runs Habbox will be the day you will have to end every sentence to your manager with 'boss' or 'sir'. He manages to put a whole new meaning on the word arrogance.

Managers

The management team also seems to have taken a blow. Not every department is awful, but when their is a manager who thinks the only way he can spur his radio dj's on to sign up to a timetable is by making sarcastic silly threads, you can only ask yourself how and why?!?!?

GoldenMerc
Although Ross is a good friend of mine, however please note i'm not resigning due to his leaving the competitions team, and that I had planned this long before he resigned.

Successor
I think that either JoeyK. or micky.blue.eyes should take the position of (Assistant) Competitions Manager. Either way, they should definetly fill both vacancies, whichever way round.

JoeyK.

Man you're brilliant. Joey doesn't need asking to do anything, he just does it, politely, quickly and with huge amounts of effort. How Mrs.McCall got best competition staff in the Habbox awards (after a staggering 3 competitions ever posted:rolleyes:) I don't know.

kirbyc
Another brilliant member of Habbox staff who works brilliantly, politely and happily :)

Check your manager
At the end of the day, don't let your manager sit back and let you do the work. You shouldn't be fired for confronting them as to what they've done publicly in the last week or two. They should be doing twice as much public work as you.

nvrspk4
Annoying. Two-faced. Arrogant. Generally scheming. The list goes on, I have little doubt this part or all of my post will be removed as that's the nvrspk4 way ;) Just so it does get said, nvrspk4, oh what a ****** you are!

The Habbo X Programme
I really would encourage you to join it, it's like Habbox but everyone respects you and is happy and kind to each other :)

Thanks
Here is a list of people who deserve recognition. (a lot have been lifted from the members list)
jrh2002
sierk
MissAlice
Concentric
Anitar
DJ-3000
JackHB
Shabbs
Seacat
nvrspk4 (only joking, I hate you ;))
PriceTags
micky.blue.eyes
kirbyc
JoeyK.
Elkaa
Baving
8Freak8
---MAD---
Robald
Tomlegend
Wayne
Aquae
joshuar
Angel-Light
Professor-Alex
Roboevil
--ss--2
re101
Ostinato

And now, something which may interest you :)

The File
I've collated some of the interesting stuff from my time at Habbo(x) (mostly more recent stuff). A lot is just useless images etc. Some interesting stuff. It is 4mb, I apologise for the size! I couldn't give a monkeys if you think it's too big to bother or that there's a virus in it. www.virustotal.com will scan with about 20 virus scanners so use that if you're worried.

*REMOVED*

Goodbye!

Edited By nvrspk4 (Assistant General Manager): Please don't post private message content.

Nixt
19-08-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm appalled you missed me from your list! Lol joke. It's certainly a shame to see you go :(. You're one of the people I thought would of stayed dedicated to Habbox despite the problems it's having at the moment; you're one of the people I thought might be able to make a difference :(. I fully understand and appreciate why you're leaving though, I left for a similar reason (a different person though :P).

Good luck with everything you go on to do and stuff xoxo

WarezKid
19-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I sad, you see you go ;[. i knew you, but you dont know me :P anyways, you did a alot of good things, and i hope you enoyed it -.-, now i can see some people are *****, and need sortin out

Soo Bye and i hope to see you around xo

EDIT: Thanks for the file mate, It some good things in it,

dannyisnotamazing
19-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Cya dude. Didn't really know you but i'm sure you'll be missed by some if not a lot. (:

chelseafan800
19-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Cya Dude I Didnt Get Chance To Know You Well But I Think Your A Great Guy

Good Luck In Your Life~

Ryan

Energizer
19-08-2007, 05:42 PM
cya and gl with stuff :)

hobo
19-08-2007, 05:47 PM
why is everyone hating on nvrspk!? :S
i've always thought he was lovely.

oh well. bye byeee.

nvrspk4
19-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Bye Jed. I'm surprised :) I thought you of all people would go out on a high note. But while you call me all those names, you post chatlogs.

"Annoying. Two-faced. Arrogant. Generally scheming."

If I am all that for holding onto VIP prizes and warning your staff members, and infracting them, which is my job not yours, and as the chatlogs prove Tomlegend, MAD, and Smiddy1234 all agreed, then ok, go ahead. I still say, I don't and didn't have to consult with you before issuing infractions to Comps Staff ;) That's not your place to say.

If you want to leave acting like a two year old, by all means, do so. But I for one thought you might be just a little bit above this.

EDIT: About the Summer Sensation. I couldn't think of any other word. Because the event was so massive we needed a structure to keep things organized. You weren't consulted or made an "Executive Organizer" quite simply because you were on vacation, so you couldn't exactly help us organize it could you :rolleyes: Also, you're quite unable to work in a team as you'd be too busy undermining everyone else and slinging insults at me, so I'm quite glad I made the decision :) I picked the two *best* managers for the job who had a lot of free time to help me, (I also had to pick longstanding managers for the purpose of ensuring that the members felt they were fair), and Adzeh and Sam were my top two. If you want to be bitter about that, fine.

If I needed my head up my bottom I could point out I was number two at Habbox. If I had my head up my bottom I would boss managers around all the time, whereas managers such as Sam, Adzeh, Angel-Light, Dan2nd, Immenseman, even your assistant all can tell you I don't do that. But if you're just bitter about not getting power (and no its not a competition), then yes its best you weren't involved, because this isn't about you being high and mighty, its about working as a team.

Grow up Jed, but enjoy the rest of your life. Hopefully I'm the only one you do this to else it may be hard for you in rl ;).

VPSwow
19-08-2007, 06:04 PM
hmmm interesting.....

WarezKid
19-08-2007, 06:24 PM
YOu should deffo read the file,

There something in there that soo daamn funny

*Removed*

Please PM if you wish to see the file if it gets removed

Edited by Nick- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post PM content and do not reverse the actions of Site Management by re posting removed material.

GoldenMerc
19-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Jed you were such a good comp manager you deserved alot better from people but meh,Sad to see you go i hope we speak sometime soon?
Sent you a PM + i totally agree with what u said about nvr

JoeyK.
19-08-2007, 06:38 PM
:(

I'll miss you Jed, sad to see you go </3

GoldenMerc
19-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Joeyk to be Manager tbh,Then he can get assistant site manager competitions and persnally tell sierk on msn that nvr is ruining his fansite,Another Habbox Legend gone(Not me xD)

Paulio
19-08-2007, 06:42 PM
I've never had a problem with Nvr, hes always been cool with me so I can't comment on what you said about him as I don't agree.

You were an asset to Habbox and I'm sure you will be missed, good luck with whatever you decide to do with your life next and thanks for some amazing competitions over the year or so you have been in charge :)

its-me-sam
19-08-2007, 07:06 PM
tbh habbox isnt as great as it use to be or as it seem'd as you said... the only reason i still use habboxforum is cause its a big community and it has lots of people realy good at stuff... *manly talking about the graphics section* if i post my graphics on other forums they may get replied by lots of people or they may not, but here they dont get many replys but i like the replys people that are good at graphics are rating it and they tell me what i can inproove on and if they say something is good i realy listen to them and it feels great ;] so i think the only thing left on habboxforum is the people, not the staff well not the staff side of people. other forums would be amazing if it had some of people this site does but its hard for a habbo forum to get more people with out people... some one realy needs to organise it...

JoeyK.
19-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Joeyk to be Manager tbh,Then he can get assistant site manager competitions and persnally tell sierk on msn that nvr is ruining his fansite,Another Habbox Legend gone(Not me xD)
lmao Ross :P

I'm afraid I don't have the same views on nvr as you and Jed do, he was always nice to me when I've dealt with him (Mostly back in the old Habbo Friends department :P)

GoldenMerc
19-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Nvr sucked up to Jed in every PM i sent Jed he was like Jed your a kind working man and sux up like mad i would show but he'l infract cos thats the only thing hes programmed to do

CaptainAce.
19-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah I got infracted by Nvr so I have same views as jed.

GoldenMerc
19-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Its his attitude though,I see some people he isnt biased and agaist hes fine with and people whos hes agaist well its vise versa

Jinc
20-08-2007, 01:26 AM
No one should ever have to put up with forum drama within Managment. A sensible choice imo, although both sides could obviously be writing a load of bias junk to distort the real story. :P

Royal
20-08-2007, 04:03 AM
You gave so much effort and crap and they still treat you like crap after you worked hard all those comps & guest dj and stuff honestly you deserve to be manager donations and all that stuff, if i were you ya i'd hate nrvpk to.

Sad to see you go.

Typoh.
20-08-2007, 07:36 AM
I've not really come across Nvr, But i've heard and seen things :S
Sad too see you go though, Your a great Competitions Manager :)
Good Luck! :)

Jambe
20-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Bubi :(

Nixt
20-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Yeah I got infracted by Nvr so I have same views as jed.

Sorry, that is a pathetic reason. That's his job -_-'

Galaxay1
20-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Gazza exactly what i was thinking you cant hold a grudge against staff for doing there job..

e5..
20-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Bye Bye.

Alkaz
20-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Hmm this is sort of a competition but the whole thing is based around events so im not really sure how it would work. But anyway good luck with the rest of your life, hope you never look back.

WarezKid
20-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Another staff left now LOL

Anyways, My 2nd good bye, GOod bye mate. have a good time in the outside world

---MAD---
20-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm appalled you missed me from your list! Lol joke. It's certainly a shame to see you go :(. You're one of the people I thought would of stayed dedicated to Habbox despite the problems it's having at the moment; you're one of the people I thought might be able to make a difference :(. I fully understand and appreciate why you're leaving though, I left for a similar reason (a different person though :P).

Good luck with everything you go on to do and stuff xoxo
Although in your case, you decided to come back but were told you were unable to at the time ;). That is not the reason 2hd. is leaving at all :P.

bennnnn
20-08-2007, 10:46 PM
christ jed. havn't spoken to you for months and dunno if i ever will again now.

but good luck in life buddy (Y) X

Earthquake
25-08-2007, 12:30 PM
You've been a legiondairy habboxforum member, Goodbye :(

LewsAgain
28-09-2007, 01:03 PM
You did a great job, Jed, and though I don't use any internet forums, Habbo, or indeed the internet much anymore I want to say this... I know its a bit late but the last time I checked Habbox was six months ago and I did come on to see what had become of the old timers, haven't used it regularly for ages now...

Ya left me off your list :P Oh, I suppose I didn't really do anything except write a lot of comp ideas and such. You and Micky have both left but I want a message said to you all in case you do decide to one day check. I realised Habbox had become the place you now realise it has become a while ago, especially the nvrspk4 thing. What is he still doing on here anyway?

Haha, anyway I wish you well in your future endeavors and if you do happen to find Micky, be sure to direct here. Wouldn't be surprised to have one of those old little Nazi edits at the bottom of my post about respect and heirachy... its all Habbo was for a lot of people, wasn't it? The quest to find importance, to meet those important... it seems somewhere along the line dedication and work was left by the wayside until it meant using your own importance in putting someone down.

But I'm not going there. I wish you and micky the absolute best for the future, if I'm ever in 'town' again (probably not for some months) I'll be sure to check in on how you and the remnants of the old timers are doing.
Though I don't have much time, in between study, friends and girlfriend there really is only a bit of time for the old IE, and most of that is just chatting.

adidas™
28-09-2007, 09:03 PM
cya, u seem a funny guy reading your post lol ;)

msb.
29-09-2007, 12:02 PM
dunno wot to say tbh, well bye ???

edible
30-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Aw, Jed you were simply amazing!
An assett to Habbox, you've always helped me with things.
I havent really got a problem with Nvr, but yano... whatever floats ya boat.

Galaxay1
30-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Asset*

Even though you've left a bit ago, bye :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!