PDA

View Full Version : England on verge of victory in 1st ODI!

Smiddy
21-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Go away from the thread if you don't wanna know :)

I haven't actually watched the Indian innings at all (Curses to my mother watching Emmerdale/Big Brother)

England managed to amass 288 in their innings thanks to a huge partnership between cook & bell of around 180ish; and both batsmen reaching 3 figures; this was for the second wicket after Prior again failed with the bat despite showing 1 good shot (hit a very nice 6, it has to be said) and was out for 19 after slicing a shot of zaheer kahn.
So Cook & Bell both got their maiden ODI centuries. Cook reaching 102 off 120ish shots; Bell finished on 126* off 118 balls, with Pietersen still there at the end with 33 off 25 balls - Meaning the returning Flintoff did not get a chance to bat.

Then by the looks of it, in India's inning (just about to be completed) they got a poor start, and didn't recover despite 40+ contributions from captain Dravid and Karthik. Anderson atm has just got his 4th wicket and Flintoff bowled 7 overs, for 12 runs and 1 wicket (of Dhoni). Mascarenhas bowled out 10 overs for 28 runs and 1 wicket (of Dravid) - only problem being Panesar and Collingwood prooved to be a bit too expensive. Still, they've kept them under 200 runs, so job well done England, perhaps a 100 run victory about to be done!

Aflux
21-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Whey!

I still wish Matt Prior would go away.

Smiddy
21-08-2007, 09:22 PM
That's you, me and Saurav who all want that then :)

Soil
21-08-2007, 09:33 PM
I dont understand why India even play ODI. They do well one match and then they do crap for the next 10 matches.

I dont think they played like a team today. They need to get rid of Tendulkar & Ganguly.
They used to do well. Get Pathan and Sreesanth on the ODI matches.

Prior ... he is going to get drunk today. He is still a annoying little moron.

Smiddy
21-08-2007, 09:50 PM
I did wonder where Sreesanth was, how's he going to improve in Test matches if he can't replace Agarkar (who was awful) and bowl in ODI's.

I'd of thought India would of had sense and organised say 4 ODi's and 3 20/20's, what with there being a world cup for it in all - and as far as I know, India have NEVER played 20/20.

Ganguly's alright.. Tendulkar has his moments. But they're not consistant enough.

Reckon it was just too cold for them? :rolleyes_

Grainger@CUFC
22-08-2007, 05:39 PM
You can't drop Tendulkar. Easily the best technical batsman in the game at the moment. England just contained him well and forced him into playing shots he didn't want to. Tendulkar will get runs so he should be the base of India's team in my view.

England looked good and bringing Sidebottom back (out for the 2nd and 3rd ODIs), we should be even stronger for the rest of the series :D

Mr.Sam
22-08-2007, 05:42 PM
i'm going to fridays match :eusa_danc

Soil
23-08-2007, 11:44 PM
i'm going to fridays match :eusa_danc

Luckyyy

The tickets were sold out in like February :'(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!