PDA

View Full Version : SummerSlam!

Fishermaaan
26-08-2007, 08:18 PM
As SummerSlam approaches
I thought that I should make this thread dedicated to SummerSlam as it is going to be a great event!

I know theres a thread for WWE news but SummerSlam deserves to have its own thread

So erm, discuss lol ;)

Also, if you guys don't like the idea of it having it's own thread I'll just close it ;)

Tristan
26-08-2007, 09:41 PM
aka u want a thread that will either get sticky or loads of people posting in?
also u can't close threads kk ty.

CJW93
26-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I can't wait im like a little kid at christmas. WWE have built this ppv so wlel its unbeliavble I think this will be better than most ppv since 2005, they have build a solid card but Boretista v Khali is going to blow

-Wolverine
26-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I think this PPV will be crap like 2004's edition. WWE has only built up Cena vs. Orton, and i'm only interested to see Mysterio return, not HHH really. I'll give WWE credit where it's due though, this is not a predictable show at all. Here are my picks, and i'll probably be way off on them: Cena, Batista, HHH, Mysterio, Beth Phoenix, Umaga, Finlay, CM Punk.

The past 2 Summerslams were really awesome though.

Mrs.McCall
26-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I am really looking forward to it. ONE HOUR TO GO haha.

I am also kinda hoping the teach William Regal to say "Umaga" rather than "Umanga" all the time :rolleyes:

shokz
27-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Free live stream : http://wrestlenewz.com/live/pic.php

-Wolverine
27-08-2007, 03:18 AM
I think this PPV will be crap like 2004's edition.
So what I heard from some friends who watched it said the only good match on it was Cena vs. Orton, and the completely wrong result happened with Cena winning. Other than Stone Cold returning apperently it was really crap.

What do others who saw it think, because right now i'm happy i didn't shell out money to see it.

Hoodstar
27-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Orton/Cena match was tight.. had its moments of boredom.

Botch-tista/Khali was dull.. nothing memorable happened..

Cripple H's return was 'ight.. seen better.

Rey Rey's was sketchy.. dno why he was sporting silver body paint.

Other matches weren't good enough to deserve a mention.

Overall.. didn't expect much & didn't really get much either. So no suprise.

Fishermaaan
27-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Lol this years Summerslam was rubbish but Hunter looks a bit more ripped tbh

Hoodstar
27-08-2007, 08:57 AM
He was more ripped on his return back in '02 before the Rumble.

Fishermaaan
27-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah true, but still, he owned Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing Boooooookaa!

Hoodstar
27-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Bookah is still the king. He got his mic skills on lock atm, no-one comes close to him the WWE right now.

Dude deserves the title round his waist & to bring some credibility back to it, then Raw can actually air a show with an entertaining & worthy champion.

Fishermaaan
27-08-2007, 09:34 AM
He'll be much better with his Booker T gimmick.

CJW93
27-08-2007, 12:52 PM
I can't wait for him to lose that english accent and with the crown and evrything.
I found this is on a wrestling site i only copied this bit becuase it made a laught so hard
As WWE Champion, Cena is a legend in the making. He has held the championship for 24 of the last 27 months

Hoodstar
27-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Only held it 'cos they got no-one else to hand it over too with people either picking up injuires or just not being "ready".

And Booker isn't gonna' lose his King Booker gimmick ever again, he's confirmed that & he's currently negotiating a new contract with the E where he has a more involved roll concerning story-lines.

I don't know how you can hate on the King Booker gimmick. He was the most watchable champion of '06 personally.

Mrs.McCall
27-08-2007, 03:24 PM
I have to say I am bitterly dissappointed (sp?).

The Rey Mysterio match was one of the WORST matches i've ever seen. I don't know if it was ring rust or the fact that he's like FAT now but it was just really bad.

Booker v HHH was AMAZING. Best match of night in my opinion, HHH looks younger, fitter and stronger! Very good match and you could see the emotion on his face.

Kali vs Batista was annoying. I hate Kali anyway because I feel that the WWE is overdoing the "monsters" thing a little too much but to pay 14.95 and then one of the main matches be called on a DQ was irritating.

Kane vs Finlay was VERY good also. You could really feel the punches! I am getting a little bored of the whole hornswaggle angle now. Hornswaggle is better off on his own.

ECW title defense was predictable.. boring.

Divas battle royal was.. well.. slow! The commentary well, there wasn't any! It was just silence from the crowd and screaming... not suprising who won either :rolleyes:

Carlito v Mr Kennedy v Umaga was alright I guess... I do believe that Mr Kennedy is now destined for better things... some would say that he's going to see alot of MON-AY ;)

I think the best bit of the whole night was the backstage bits. Seeing Regal and Coachman dance with Crime Time (insert 'ghetto' spelling here) was great and seeing Mae Young making out with Vince was HILARIOUS.

That brings me to the WWE title match. I don't know what happened but it seemed to me that for a moment.. the crowd HATED Cena! He kept getting booed and everytime he got hit the crowd cheered. The crowd were just ELECTRIFYING and I think that it bewildered Orton and Cena because the match wasn't nothing to write home about really. It was rather predictable really and I actually wanted to see the title change hands!

Fishermaaan
27-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah there were Lets go Cena & Cena sucks chants in the crowd.
And you can never say never about King Booker getting back to his old gimmick

CJW93
27-08-2007, 09:22 PM
He said that if h he lost at summerslam he will drop the gimmick?

Hoodstar
29-08-2007, 12:35 AM
No, He's keeping King Booker perm. he ain't going back to "WCW Booker".

Fact.

Mortalized
29-08-2007, 12:59 AM
John Cena Ftw! =D!

Fishermaaan
29-08-2007, 03:29 PM
Hoodstar, listen, you can never say never.
There were rumours years ago that DX was NEVER going to return
And look what happened...

As I've learnt over the many years watching Wrestling, you can Never say Never, It is just Highly Unlikely.

Hoodstar
29-08-2007, 09:36 PM
ok.. it's highly unlikely then :/

He said that the King Booker gimmick worked so well over on smackdown last year during his title reign, he doesn't see the point of reverting back to a worn out "5-Time WCW Champion" gimmick.

I'd rather him be the way he is right now, 'cos hes killin' people on the mic right now. Even though, I do miss him & Goldust's promo's. They were classic.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!